QB Bryce Petty on the Bills radar. Do they pick him at #50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

QB Bryce Petty on the Bills radar. Do they pick him at #50?

What do you think? He's 24 and is a project like EJ. If EJ can't beat him out at camp if they select him, then it's possibly back to square one with an "older" QB learning the ropes. Takes? http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bill...yce_petty.html.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • emoulds80
    Veteran Zoner
    • Apr 2015

Re: QB Bryce Petty on the Bills radar. Do they pick him at #50?

not really ideal imo. i dont think ej will make it, but he needs another shot this year. thats part of the risk of drafting a qb high, you actually have to find out if the guy can play, they brought in taylor for a reason with his contract.

Comment

• Jry44
      • Apr 2013

Do not believe jack **** of what you're reading right now regarding team interests. I think the Bills are going BPA since this draft is so damn weak.

It sucks because it is the off season, but the best thing to do is to ignore reading mock drafts, and do not buy in to any rumors that you're hearing right now because mock drafts are a guess for entertainment purposes, and rumors are smokescreens. Just relax until the draft begins on Thursday, and sit back and enjoy....

Comment

• Buckets
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by emoulds80 View Post
        not really ideal imo. i dont think ej will make it, but he needs another shot this year. thats part of the risk of drafting a qb high, you actually have to find out if the guy can play, they brought in taylor for a reason with his contract.
        FL State fans and alumni said this for three years, nothing ever got better.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

Well seeing as how they picked a scrub like EJ in the first, drafting an equally poor QB in the 2nd isn't that far of a stretch.

Bills do stupid ****, so expect something stupid.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
            FL State fans and alumni said this for three years, nothing ever got better.
            I'm a FSU fan and I was not really happy when they took EJ originally, He was never a great QB at FSU and I didnt really think he would suddenly grow into one. He has all the physical tools and I hope this is the year he proves me wrong but I dont have high hopes

Getting Back on topic I really like Bryce Petty, but hes going to require some real break in time for an NFL offense. We have a team that wants to win now so im not sure how much he would even be able to contribute early. That being said I would love to take him if we move back some or if for some reason hes still there in the third round (I dont see that happening) I think O-Line is a bigger need with that 50 pick. If Bryce Petty is the BPA at 50 take him, if you have a third round grade or if you think theres better players on the board you pass.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

The Bills are typically fairly transparent. So, it wouldn't surprise me if the smoke is real.

I like the thought of drafting him. Even at 50. But more so at 81. Mayock has hiom as the 3rd best and Whaley has stated that he thinks the next tier isn't too far down from Winston and Mariota
              Last edited by X-Era; 04-28-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

I actually think they've stopped being transparent since the Dareus pick in '11.. Especially when we consider the EJ and Sammy selections.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

I'd be pissed. He is not that good. OL, S, LB.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                    I actually think they've stopped being transparent since the Dareus pick in '11.. Especially when we consider the EJ and Sammy selections.
                    Yep. Playing the same games other GMs play.

Comment

• emoulds80
                      Veteran Zoner
                      • Apr 2015

IMO, its going to be carl davis or aj cann,

aj cann if both are available

- - - Updated - - -

i seen the tape, i consider aj cann on of the top propects of all positions. kinda suprised hes not being talked about going earlier

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Due diligence. They've either done pro days, combine chats or had visits with QB's : Bennett, Bridge, Boone, Carden, Fajardo, Halliday, Hundley, Lovelocke, Mannion, Grayson, Sims and now Petty.

Last edited by Mace; 04-28-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                          The Bills are typically fairly transparent. So, it wouldn't surprise me if the smoke is real.

I like the thought of drafting him. Even at 50. But more so at 81. Mayock has hiom as the 3rd best and Whaley has stated that he thinks the next tier isn't too far down from Winston and Mariota
                          How can you be transparent at pick 50?

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

I'd like to think there are some commonly held odds of succeeding by round amongst head men in the NFL when it comes to drafting QBs. I have no idea what they really are, but a half-educated guess would put them at about...
                            1st: 60-100%
                            2nd: 30-60%
                            3rd: 20-30%
                            4th and beyond: <20%
                            Meaning, if you think a guy has about a 25% chance of making it, you wait until the 3rd round. 45% chance? Take him in the 2nd. I don't think these are dead on, but they're probably ballpark.

So all that said, what do you think the odds are Petty is successful?

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
                              I'd like to think there are some commonly held odds of succeeding by round amongst head men in the NFL when it comes to drafting QBs. I have no idea what they really are, but a half-educated guess would put them at about...
                              1st: 60-100%
                              2nd: 30-60%
                              3rd: 20-30%
                              4th and beyond: <20%
                              Meaning, if you think a guy has about a 25% chance of making it, you wait until the 3rd round. 45% chance? Take him in the 2nd. I don't think these are dead on, but they're probably ballpark.

So all that said, what do you think the odds are Petty is successful?
                              Well, atm, Ryan's QB drafting success rate is probably beneath the standard odds you mention which probably look near close to accurate to me, but if you look at Brady (6/199 <20% chance) and roll through the NFL draft selections (Pennington 1/18), Giovanni Carmazzi (3/65), Chris Redman (3/75), Tee Martin (5/163), Marc Bulger (6/168), and Spergon Wynn (6/183) at qb before Brady, it might be the odds are irrelevant to team/match which need new sets of odds. Petty has a better chance of being successful depending who picks him, like you can't picture Brady doing so well on the Spergon Wynn career path in Cleveland.

Here ? Well. Ryan teams have drafted Tajh Boyd (2014), Geno Smith (2013), Greg McElroy (2011), Mark Sanchez (2009), with 6/2/7/1 odds that were all pretty much needing a new set of odds I sure can't comprehend for futile, despite the previous probable futile odds. But if you waited until round 3 for Sanchez if he was available, or grabbed, McElroy in round 2, or Tajh Boyd in round 4, none of it would have helped Ryan or those QB's any.

Comment

Working...
                              X