PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan says Jerry Hughes is ruining Buffalo Bills' practice

HHURRICANE
04-29-2015, 04:28 PM
i guess resigning him was a good thing:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/04/rex_ryan_jerry_hughes_buffalo_bills_minicamp.html

Hughes, who signed a five-year, $45 million contract extension this offseason, already has Bills coach Rex Ryan excited about what he can do. Ryan estimated that Hughes had five or six sacks before he had to pull him from practice to let the offense get some work in........

SpikedLemonade
04-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Encouraging news about our OL as well.

YardRat
04-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Well, at least it's a nice change from the stable of QB's ruining practices because of lack of ability and/or performance.

emoulds80
04-29-2015, 04:59 PM
i truly think this d has the chance, the chance to buffalos best. im excited obviously, and i think they will add a few more pieces to the d also in the draft. it should be a fun year with a vet like cassell here in the beginning. could be a great d, we'll see

TacklingDummy
04-29-2015, 05:27 PM
Encouraging news about our OL as well.

Even better news our QBs can't read a defense and get rid of the ball quicker.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-29-2015, 05:30 PM
The Bills have a three-man race for the job between EJ Manuel, Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor, and Ryan says nobody knows who will come out on top (http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/04/rex_ryan_buffalo_bills_qb_competition_ej_manuel_matt_cassel.html).

Raise your hand if you seriously think Tyrod Taylor has a chance of winning this QB competition, barring injuries.

Parzival
04-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Raise your hand if you seriously think Tyrod Taylor has a chance of winning this QB competition, barring injuries.

I could definitely see this happening, ala Russell Wilson a couple a years ago. In hindsight it seems like a no brainer but very few people expected him to get the job going into that season.

Woodman
04-29-2015, 07:06 PM
:giggity:

Fun season coming.

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2015, 08:02 PM
How is ruining the practices a good thing?

Jry44
04-29-2015, 09:16 PM
A) Rex Ryan is a bit of an exaggerator

B) None of these practices are live, padded practices

Just take these things from mini camps for what they are worth. Both sides of the ball are learning new systems, so there are going to be glitches. The staff still does not even really know their own players. So don't get too worked up over reports like this.

swiper
04-30-2015, 04:39 AM
A) Rex Ryan is a bit of an exaggerator

Bills fans are going to have to get used to this. Ryan is different than Marrone, Gailey, Jauron in this regard. He often conflates, exaggerates, and uses "lines" like this Hughes thing to deflect away from other problems while he's speaking to the press.
Ask any Jets fan.

B) None of these practices are live, padded practices

And this is why fast guys like Hughes and Goodwin are "standing out."

HHURRICANE
04-30-2015, 06:47 AM
Hey he could be saying that our o-line was terrible by praising Jerry Hughes. Maybe it's lighting a fire under the offense without saying "the offense sucked today."

Topas
04-30-2015, 07:33 AM
:raisehand:

I will try to search for that post when Taylor starts at the beginning of the season. Rex loves him. And contrary to the other two, he has not yet proven that he sucks.

kingJofNYC
04-30-2015, 07:34 AM
AKA Our OL Sucks

MillsapsBillsFan
04-30-2015, 07:36 AM
These are unpadded practices, any lineman thats ever participated in these practices knows that it is very easy for the D-Line to look great and for the O-Line to not look so good. I played O-Line in college and these practices were always harder for us, theres just noting to grab on the players and theres a smaller surface to punch.

Ill be worried about our O-Line if these comments are still coming out during padded practices in training camp. Because not only are there no pads its also 2 brand new systems and the defense will always pick up a system faster than the offense. So dont be surprised if the news coming out early shows a dominant defense and an offense that doesn't look so great