• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

No way we pay Dareus $100M, time to get the value now

There's no way we put another $100 M player on our D-line, so it's time to move Dareus for a major impact player. Who do you think we can get with him or which draft pick ??
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: No way we pay Dareus $100M, time to get the value now

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    There's no way we put another $100 M player on our D-line, so it's time to move Dareus for a major impact player. Who do you think we can get with him or which draft pick ??
    I'm hoping this way of thinking will stop now that Pegula is the owner. Dareus is the best player on this team...pay him.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
      • Mar 2015

You dont get rid of an elite lineman in his prime. Ever.

You just need to pay him, he'll command a lot of money but he's worth it

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Not sure anyone will give us good assets when they in turn have to pay Marcell $100m dollars.

One thing I do know, we better draft some DTs in this draft. Kyle or Marcell goes down and we are ****ed. Would like to draft Clemson DT Grady Jarrett.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
          You dont get rid of an elite lineman in his prime. Ever.

You just need to pay him, he'll command a lot of money but he's worth it
          110% agree!!
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            I'm hoping this way of thinking will stop now that Pegula is the owner. Dareus is the best player on this team...pay him.
            Double edged sword. Now that Pegula is the owner, we may not have the cap to keep him.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              I actually agree with this in theory.

The money Dareus will command will make a stupid amount of money invested in the DL, but not signing him causes a major hole. I dunno what kind of trade value you'd have for the guy as Haloti Ngata + a 7th got only a 4th and 5th.

Where is the team with a hole at DT and only a 4th and 5th in return? I'd put Dareus and Ngata in the same class at the position.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Double edged sword. Now that Pegula is the owner, we may not have the cap to keep him.
                There's plenty of room to keep him, especially if they extend him now.
                They will probably actually create room in this year's cap if they work out a deal ahead of time.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

The money Dareus will command will make a stupid amount of money invested in the DL, but not signing him causes a major hole. I dunno what kind of trade value you'd have for the guy as Haloti Ngata + a 7th got only a 4th and 5th.

Where is the team with a hole at DT and only a 4th and 5th in return? I'd put Dareus and Ngata in the same class at the position.
                  Ngata is 31 years old, you're trying to compare a 24 year old player that's possibly the best at the position to a 31 year guy ?? We are not going to have $100's of Millions just on the D-line, it's complete silly talk.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

I wouldn't.

Ngata is on the downside of his career. Dareus is approaching his prime.

I couldn't disagree more.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Make room.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

This is where Littman proves his worth.

You keep GOOD players, there are ways to work the cap, especially if you have CASH money you can deal with.

The Broncos kept John Elway by giving him car dealerships.

Comment

• emoulds80
                          Veteran Zoner
                          • Apr 2015

gilmore- replaceable, bradham- replaceable, glenn- replaceable

you dont let dareus go, not a top 5 dlineman entering his prime soon. and we will extend him

- - - Updated - - -

we dont have the cap of a franchise qb, we can sign him

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                            There's plenty of room to keep him, especially if they extend him now.
                            They will probably actually create room in this year's cap if they work out a deal ahead of time.
                            The cap isn't just about this year. Look at next year- Clay counts for some absurd amount of cap space because we structured the deal to make it too expensive for Miami to match when they have to pay Suh next year

Yes, restructuring helps but in the end cap space is still finite. And restructuring often means delaying cap hits, but sooner or later the cap hit will come.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

The cap isn't just about this year. Look at next year- Clay counts for some absurd amount of cap space because we structured the deal to make it too expensive for Miami to match when they have to pay Suh next year

Yes, restructuring helps but in the end cap space is still finite. And restructuring often means delaying cap hits, but sooner or later the cap hit will come.
                              And the Bills can restructure Clay's contract as well if need be now that he is a Bill.

There are plenty of ways to work the cap.

Finally after all these years, it is GREAT to be worried about not having enough cap room.

Comment

Working...
                              X