PDA

View Full Version : Mettenberger's agent seeking trade

Crisis
04-30-2015, 07:24 PM
I mean, he looked mediocre on a terrible team last year. For a late round pick, why not?

Night Train
04-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Great arm. Zero mobility with bad knees.

Pass

swiper
04-30-2015, 07:33 PM
I'd take a look for free perhaps.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-30-2015, 07:41 PM
We got thad lewis and Jerry Hughes in exchange for players we were going to cut anyway. So why not?

YardRat
04-30-2015, 08:25 PM
We got thad lewis and Jerry Hughes in exchange for players we were going to cut anyway. So why not?

Who are we going to cut anyways that the Titans might be interested in? Maybe KuJo to replace Levitre?

Ginger Vitis
04-30-2015, 10:17 PM
What a joke..Mettenberger has one year under his belt and has done nothing in this league and he is demanding a trade? lol

BertSquirtgum
04-30-2015, 10:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO

DraftBoy
05-01-2015, 04:29 AM
Tennessee was reportedly pretty high on him, and was looking to trade down for the right offer because of him. How much of that is truth we'll never know but I don't think you get Mettenberger for nothing.

swiper
05-01-2015, 04:32 AM
Well then he sits behind Mariota. Because on his body of work and NFL team would be nuts to give up anything to get him.

DraftBoy
05-01-2015, 04:34 AM
Well then he sits behind Mariota. Because on his body of work and NFL team would be nuts to give up anything to get him.

Teams have made crazier deals before. Regardless of how big the body of work is, the fact is that he does have some film on him and it does include some flashes of potential.

Historian
05-01-2015, 05:22 AM
Mel Kiper was verbally kicking his ass last night for laziness.

Forward_Lateral
05-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Mel Kiper was verbally kicking his ass last night for laziness.

Mel Kiper is a windbag. I can't stand that pompous a-hole

stuckincincy
05-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Tennessee was reportedly pretty high on him, and was looking to trade down for the right offer because of him. How much of that is truth we'll never know but I don't think you get Mettenberger for nothing.

I wouldn't think so either.

Bill Cody
05-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Wasn't Mettenberger the kid that got kicked off the team at Ga?

better days
05-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Who are we going to cut anyways that the Titans might be interested in? Maybe KuJo to replace Levitre?

I keep KuJo another year to see if he pans out.

Tuel would be happy to back up Mariota, Tuel for Mettenberger sounds like a fair trade to me.

Ginger Vitis
05-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Tuel for Mettenberger sounds like a fair trade to me.

No it's not

better days
05-01-2015, 02:46 PM
No it's not

Why not?

Mettenberger has not done anything.

Now the Hughes trade was a trade that was not fair.

DraftBoy
05-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Why not?

Mettenberger has not done anything.

Now the Hughes trade was a trade that was not fair.

Except actually started NFL games, thrown more touchdowns than interceptions, and has a career completion percentage of just under 60%.

better days
05-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Except actually started NFL games, thrown more touchdowns than interceptions, and has a career completion percentage of just under 60%.

Yeah, the Titans were STUPID to draft Mariota.

Mettenberger is GREAT. LMAO.

DraftBoy
05-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Yeah, the Titans were STUPID to draft Mariota.

Mettenberger is GREAT. LMAO.

Oh there is most definitely something stupid going on in this thread...but it has nothing to do with the Titans.

better days
05-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Oh there is most definitely something stupid going on in this thread...but it has nothing to do with the Titans.

No, it has to do with you thinking Mettenburger is so great. STUPID.

Crisis
05-01-2015, 03:37 PM
No one is saying he's great, he could be decent. There's some potential there.

Have you seen the garbage dump we have at QB right now? He's worth a phone call at least.

better days
05-01-2015, 04:55 PM
No one is saying he's great, he could be decent. There's some potential there.

Have you seen the garbage dump we have at QB right now? He's worth a phone call at least.

Worth a phone call, yes.

But I would not give up anything more than Tuel for him.

Jaybird
05-02-2015, 09:36 AM
We make every move realistic and possible to try and find a qb. Tuel could be cut tomorrow. He's not the guy. Make the trade. Try him, move on quick if it doesn't work

better days
05-02-2015, 09:54 AM
We make every move realistic and possible to try and find a qb. Tuel could be cut tomorrow. He's not the guy. Make the trade. Try him, move on quick if it doesn't work

Tuel will no doubt get cut by the end of TC.

But EJ, Cassel & Taylor are three QB's that will be Bills.

None of them are eligible for the PS & Mettenberger is not eligible for that either.

If the Bills bring in another QB, it will be one that can go on the PS.

BuffaloRedleg
05-02-2015, 10:03 AM
My buddy's cousin sat next to Rex on a plane and said he was raving about Tyrod Taylor, said he was voted "workout warrior" by the players during the recent camp. No I don't have a link. I'm thinking they are set at QB unless EJ gets cut, but no way that happens with Whaley still around.

better days
05-02-2015, 10:23 AM
My buddy's cousin sat next to Rex on a plane and said he was raving about Tyrod Taylor, said he was voted "workout warrior" by the players during the recent camp. No I don't have a link. I'm thinking they are set at QB unless EJ gets cut, but no way that happens with Whaley still around.

I doubt EJ gets cut this year.

But if Cassel & Taylor are both deemed to be better than EJ, I think it could happen this year & certainly by next year that EJ is cut.

BertSquirtgum
05-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Boobies

GvilleBills
05-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Seems worth a phone call. They interviewed Whisenhunt and asked him about Mett's place. He deftly sidestepped the question and went on about Mariota.

Theres def smoke around moving Mett, just don't know if there's fire.

casdhf
05-04-2015, 09:58 AM
He is one year removed from being a 6th round pick. What is the cost?

better days
05-04-2015, 01:05 PM
And if the Bills are going to trade for a young QB, I would much rather have Mike Glennon than Mettenberger.

swiper
10-18-2015, 04:44 AM
Had an interesting encounter yesterday. Took my chainsaw down to the local power equipment dealer to get a part yesterday. Knew the guy there a little from last year. He had a Bills cap on. I live in Giants/Jets/on the edge of Patriots territory these days. So it was odd. I asked him if he was a Bills fan (duh). He looked at me and tells me that his brother is one of the coaches (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/palmer-chris/abd87091-3782-4fad-a984-c61f374f91ea). We chat. He tells me that he knows what's going on behind the scenes there. Tells me how his brother came to be a coach there. Tells me his brother loves the Taylor kid, but the feeling is he'll never last physically, like they know he's not the answer. He alluded to they don't think Manuel has what it takes (duh). Apparently this particular coach, and perhaps others at OBD, really like Mettenberger. They think he will be good and can be had for little. Mobile, smart. And can be had cheap. FYI. I'll make sure to stop there from time to time. :D

June 12, 2015 10:07 am

Titans QB Zach Mettenberger showing increased mobility
by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com

Perhaps, as many suspect, rookie Marcus Mariota is a shoo-in for the starting quarterback job with the <team idref="432">Titans (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/432)</team><team idref="432"></team>. But
Zach Mettenberger (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1664450) will not be shoved aside without shoving back.

Mettenberger has worked to improve his mobility (http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2015/06/11/mobile-mettenberger-seeks-increased-elusivity/71079114/). He's not about to beat Mariota in a race, but has proven to be more mobile. And Ken Whisenhunt has noticed.

"I think that's really important for Zach," he told The Tennesseean. "A lot of people have said he's a stationary target. But he's done some really good things in the offseason, working on his footwork and moving in the pocket. ... We saw some of that (last week during an OTA session). We had a heavy blitz period and the defense was really bringing the pressure, and he did a nice job of moving around in the pocket."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1664450/zach-mettenberger

swiper
10-18-2015, 04:56 AM
Mettenberger was 24 of 39 (61.5%) for an average of 10 yards/pass with 3 TD/1 INT this past preseason.

trapezeus
10-18-2015, 06:32 AM
EJ had some gaudy preseason stats as well.

justasportsfan
10-18-2015, 07:11 AM
So why isn't he here? Why did the bills try to grab Simms and end up with Johnson il?

Goobylal
10-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Cool story bro.

RedEyE
10-18-2015, 01:13 PM
I'd let him cook fries in club seats concessions.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-18-2015, 01:35 PM
So why isn't he here? Why did the bills try to grab Simms and end up with Johnson il?

It takes two to tango. If Tennessee didn't want to give him up at a reasonable price, then there's not much we can do.

swiper
10-18-2015, 04:56 PM
It takes two to tango. If Tennessee didn't want to give him up at a reasonable price, then there's not much we can do.

That's apparently what happened. They weren't sure what they had in Mariotta. Next year, it would be easier to get him.

Albany,n.y.
10-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Trade EJ straight up for Mettenberger. After EJ's performance today how can Tennessee resist that offer?