PDA

View Full Version : Two Names: OT La'El Collins and DE Randy Gregory

DraftBoy
05-01-2015, 04:32 AM
Both guys are legitimate Top 15 talent and if they make it to 50 you run up to the podium with the selection. Does each player involve a risk? Absolutely, but if you hit on these pick you basically more than make up for not having a 1st round pick from the Sammy deal. It's a chance you have to take if one of them is there.

swiper
05-01-2015, 04:34 AM
You think GMs are on the phone with police to ask about Collins?

DraftBoy
05-01-2015, 04:37 AM
You think GMs are on the phone with police to ask about Collins?

Yes, and I know Collins lawyer and agent talked with every team last night trying to explain the situation as best they could.

Night Train
05-01-2015, 05:04 AM
I'll wait for the police report on Collins. It could swing in a bad way.

Bills may have missed last year with Kouandjio and I don't wish to make it an acceptable trend.

Henderson in Round 7 was a cheap gamble but Gregory & Collins are off many draft boards and I don't blame the GM's one bit.

Collins agent tried to get him removed from the draft yesterday and be available for the supplemental draft. The NFL rejected that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--agent-for-la-el-collins-hoping-to-remove-him-from-draft--clear-name-190230765.html

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488780/article/concern-exists-on-gregory-handling-pro-footballs-mental-rigors

YardRat
05-01-2015, 05:33 AM
Whaley certainly doesn't shy away from guys that have under-achieved or have character questions, if they possess a high level of base talent.

mightysimi
05-01-2015, 06:41 AM
I get nervous when talking about taking a 235 lb pass rusher.

k-oneputt
05-01-2015, 06:42 AM
Gregory reminds me of Maybin.

Slight frame/build. Plus his off-field issues. No thanks at 50.

Night Train
05-01-2015, 07:16 AM
I get nervous when talking about taking a 235 lb pass rusher.

I don't see where he fits in our D, at that size.

He isn't suited to the Mike or Will LB. Behind our starting front 4 DL, we have Wynn and Lawson off the edge, who actually play well in spot duty and have size.

Could be wrong but he makes zero sense.

Goobylal
05-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Too much risk with Collins unless an airtight alibi surfaces. In the 5th round maybe.

Shady25
05-01-2015, 07:39 AM
I think Collins would be a good pick, in the 3rd round.

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 08:04 AM

you have no clue what you are talking about respectfully, the guy has freakish stack and shed ability/ power and bull rush. hes the total package and i would run to the podium if hes still there. hes a top 10 talent imo. god id be so excited if hes there. he can even rush inside too

- - - Updated - - -

reminds me of demarcus ware

k-oneputt
05-01-2015, 08:05 AM
you have no clue what you are talking about respectfully, the guy has freakish stack and shed ability/ power and bull rush. hes the total package and i would run to the podium if hes still there. hes a top 10 talent imo. god id be so excited if hes there. he can even rush inside too

Sounds like Maybin's predraft talk, until he got here and got ran over and pushed around.

- - - Updated - - -

reminds me of demarcus ware

SpikedLemonade
05-01-2015, 08:07 AM
I have no interest in Gregory but Collins is worth the risk.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-01-2015, 08:13 AM

Fwiw, Rex Ryan got 6 sacks out of Maybin, the only sacks of his career.

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 08:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AdCCOD4iw

randy gregory scouting report

- - - Updated - - -

he is nothing like maybin at all, hes 3x the athlete too

mightysimi
05-01-2015, 08:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AdCCOD4iw

randy gregory scouting report

- - - Updated - - -

he is nothing like maybin at all, hes 3x the athlete too

I agree the scouting report and the tape look good. Do you not have worries that a 235LB pass rusher would be swallowed by the NFL blockers?

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 08:34 AM
I agree the scouting report and the tape look good. Do you not have worries that a 235LB pass rusher would be swallowed by the NFL blockers?

i have no worries with him. id b elated if we got him... hes a legit top ten talent, and the best pass rusher in the draft

mightysimi
05-01-2015, 08:37 AM
i have no worries with him. id b elated if we got him... hes a legit top ten talent, and the best pass rusher in the draft

Where would you play him then?

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Where would you play him then?

i would rotate him with hughes and williams... id also have packages of him rushing inside at dt

- - - Updated - - -

trust me he would play a ton

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 08:42 AM
5 man rush of hughes, mario, williams, dareus, gregory

mightysimi
05-01-2015, 08:48 AM
5 man rush of hughes, mario, williams, dareus, gregory

So the first pick in the draft on a player who plays 40% of the time?

Ed
05-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Maybe they can get both. Gregory in the 2nd and Collins in the 3rd. That would be a pretty good day.

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 09:19 AM

im of the philosophy you need a deep dline/pass rush arsenal. giants do this all the time

Mahdi
05-01-2015, 09:24 AM

Aldon Smith was a situational pass rusher for the 49ers as a rookie and racked up a ton of sacks.

mightysimi
05-01-2015, 09:26 AM
im of the philosophy you need a deep dline/pass rush arsenal. giants do this all the time

Used to. Osi and Strahan are long gone.

2nd in the league in sacks. I'm not sure we need to improve this area all that much.

kingJofNYC
05-01-2015, 09:27 AM
If you look at our 2nd round history, we either miss or the player leaves in FA. Woods/Glenn/Williams only one's I remember off the top of my head that are starters and are still on the team.

Worth looking at both players, why the **** not. If we miss it's the same old ****, so **** it. Go big or go home.

mightysimi
05-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Aldon Smith was a situational pass rusher for the 49ers as a rookie and racked up a ton of sacks.

Yes he was. Was he replacing a pro-bowler or a guy who had 10 sacks the last few seasons? Not so sure.

jimmifli
05-01-2015, 09:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/92taq2h.jpg

IlluminatusUIUC
05-01-2015, 10:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/92taq2h.jpg

How old is that picture? Tharold simon was drafted two years ago

DesertFox24
05-01-2015, 10:16 AM
I would consider Collins but I want nothing to do with Gregory he is Dion Jordan part two. The scary part is he is a rex type guy and Rex will want him

DesertFox24
05-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Well consider my opinion changed, maybe third round on Collins as he is legit talent but not second.

jimmifli
05-01-2015, 10:26 AM
I think La'el was a freshman.

jimmifli
05-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Well consider my opinion changed, maybe third round on Collins as he is legit talent but not second.
Apparently it was a rotating list and your name was on it for missing any practice or workout, and then was removed after attending a bunch in a row.

By all accounts he figured things out as he was a team captain last season.

Bill Cody
05-01-2015, 11:09 AM
By all accounts he figured things out as he was a team captain last season.

Aaron Hernandez called. He vouches for Collins character 100%.

DraftBoy
05-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Aaron Hernandez called. He vouches for Collins character 100%.

According to Collins agent and lawyer, Collins was not even in town when the murder took place. The rumor is that Collins may know who the murderer is though and that's why he was wanted for questioning but not charged. The association is what may be scaring off most teams.

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 11:46 AM
According to Collins agent and lawyer, Collins was not even in town when the murder took place. The rumor is that Collins may know who the murderer is though and that's why he was wanted for questioning but not charged. The association is what may be scaring off most teams.

I surmise the concern would be that this could be a Rae Carruth situation where Collins is somehow responsible.
How could anyone be certain at this point? It's tempting to go for such a value player at a position of need, though.

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 12:14 PM
I would consider Collins but I want nothing to do with Gregory he is Dion Jordan part two. The scary part is he is a rex type guy and Rex will want him

jordan is soft, and not close to the player gregory is. gregory has d ware type ability, id flip if we are able to get him.

Bill Cody
05-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Gregory is either a complete and total imbecile or he smokes weed every day and cannot stop. Those are literally the only 2 possible reasons a guy who had been caught smoking repeatedly in college would test positive at the combine. He's also built remarkably like Aaron Maybin. You'd need to play him at OLB, way too small to hold up at DE. I'd say pass.

Collins is a possible murder suspect. Whether he was there or not he may be involved. No chance you'd roll the dice before the 5th.

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Gregory is either a complete and total imbecile or he smokes weed every day and cannot stop. Those are literally the only 2 possible reasons a guy who had been caught smoking repeatedly in college would test positive at the combine. He's also built remarkably like Aaron Maybin. You'd need to play him at OLB, way too small to hold up at DE. I'd say pass.

Collins is a possible murder suspect. Whether he was there or not he may be involved. No chance you'd roll the dice before the 5th.

please stop with the maybin comparison, seriously u sound dumb, gregory has incredible strenght, watch the film. he can kill vs the run

MillsapsBillsFan
05-01-2015, 01:32 PM

Im with you on Collins, in this era of the NFL theres no way someone will take a chance on some one who might even be involved just a little bit. That being said if he falls to the 5th or maybe even the 4th you sprint to the podium and if hes involved oh well you didnt lose much, but if he isnt we just got another steal

DraftBoy
05-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Andrew Brandt from ESPN reported on Twitter that teams are 99% convinced that Collins had nothing to do with the actual murder. The reason he is still sitting around is that 1%.

emoulds80
05-01-2015, 02:58 PM
the bills gotta take collins or gregory if there, they are both top 10 talents, never envisioned that happening....

SpikedLemonade
05-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Andrew Brandt from ESPN reported on Twitter that teams are 99% convinced that Collins had nothing to do with the actual murder. The reason he is still sitting around is that 1%.

If that is the case, he may not even be there at #50, but if he is, we need to draft him.

Saying that he would be great at #81 is meaningless if he is gone by then.

MillsapsBillsFan
05-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Scheffer said that if Collins isn't drafted tonight he won't sign with a team this year

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/594251500903374848

The Jokeman
05-01-2015, 04:12 PM
and now his agent says he won't sign if someone doesn't draft him in the 2nd or 3rd Round pick. Which helps the teams with compensation picks. I sure hope someone takes him before the Patriots on the clock as could see them risking toward drafting him since they've got an extra 3rd.

YardRat
05-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Gregory goes to Dallas at #60.