• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Bryce Petty

Up until about yesterday I was dead set against drafting Bryce Petty in the second round. I have spent the last 24 hours watching highlight films and interviews with the kid. And I am really warming up to him.

Now every team likely knows that if they want him they have to move up to 49. And I don't advocate the Bills trading up to secure him. But if he's sitting on the board at 50, I'd be excited by the pick.

Obviously the safe pick and likely the pick likely to make the biggest impact in 2015 is on the OLine. I wouldn't hate that either.

Petty is a big strong armed QB who has a lot of skills our current pipeline of QB's do not have.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bryce Petty

If New Orleans comes calling, I'd give up our 50 for their 2nd, 3rd, & 4th.

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

Who do you cut?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
        Who do you cut?
        Who do we have now worth keeping ?? 0.

Comment

• mightysimi
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Who do we have now worth keeping ?? 0.
          Not the question.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Not the question.
            That's the final answer, so anything more you ask about our current situation is moot. We have nobody that anyone could quantify a value for at the QB position.

Comment

• mightysimi
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              That's the final answer, so anything more you ask about our current situation is moot. We have nobody that anyone could quantify a value for at the QB position.
              Well how about this. Does he start week 1?

So you draft him, then what cut Manuel and Tuel? So you would rather draft a guy with question marks to replace the qb that we drafted with question marks? I don't get it. I would rather a T or G. I could even live with LB or S.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

We could find an immediate impact player with our 50th and I would do that. I wouldn't mind using a 3rd or a 4th on a project qb though.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Pick a QB every single year until we find a great one. EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!!!
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Patrick76777 View Post
                    This strategy seems a bit over the top.

Comment

• mightysimi
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Patrick76777 View Post
                      And play them? A constant endless cycle of QB's trying to learn on the job? No thanks.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

And play them? A constant endless cycle of QB's trying to learn on the job? No thanks.
                        Exactly.

Let's assume we took a QB with our 1st or 2nd round picks instead of the pick we actually took. Excluding 2013 when we took EJ, this is who we would have drafted.

2014 1st round - Johnny Manziel (Instead of Sammy Watkins)
                        2014 2nd round - Jimmy Garoppolo (Instead of Cyrus Kouandjio)
                        2012 1st round - Brandon Weeden (Instead of Stephon Gilmore)
                        2012 2nd round - Brock Osweiler (Instead of Cordy Glenn)
                        2011 1st round - Jake Locker (Instead of Marcell Dareus)
                        2011 2nd round - Andy Dalton (Instead of Aaron Williams)
                        2010 1st round - Tim Tebow (Instead of CJ Spiller)
                        2010 2nd round - Jimmy Clausen (Instead of Torell Troup)
                        2009 1st round - Josh Freeman (Instead of Aaron Maybin)
                        2009 2nd round - Pat White (Instead of Jairus Byrd) (Or you can say that Stephen McGee was the next REAL QB taken)
                        2008 1st round - Joe Flacco (Instead of Leodis McKelvin)
                        2008 2nd round - Brian Brohm (Instead of James Hardy)
                        2007 1st round - Brady Quinn (Instead of Marshawn Lynch)
                        2007 2nd round - Kevin Kolb (Instead of Paul Posluszny)
                        2006 1st round - Matt Leinart (Instead of Donte Whitner)
                        2006 2nd round - Kellen Clemons (Instead of John McCargo)

Well, I guess it would have worked once.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                          Exactly.

Let's assume we took a QB with our 1st or 2nd round picks instead of the pick we actually took. Excluding 2013 when we took EJ, this is who we would have drafted.

2009 2nd round - Pat White (Instead of Jairus Byrd) (Or you can say that Stephen McGee was the next REAL QB taken)

You're right stand pat. EJ is the man forever.

Comment

• jimmifli
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                            Exactly.

Well after you hit on Flacco, you probably wouldn't keep drafting. Maybe you add one the next year because you're still unsure, same goes for Andy Dalton, or Russel Wilson (lots of us wanted him in the 2nd), the good ones find their way onto the field and make your decision easy.

Grayson or Petty might be like most of those schmucks, but you can't catch fish if your line isn't in the water.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                              You're right stand pat. EJ is the man forever.
                              Maybe we should trade the Johnny Manziel for Sammy Watkins.

Comment

Working...
                              X