05-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Big ****ing let down.
i waited two days for this crap

Mike
Quick, Big, Fast & No Ball Skills

ICRockets
I know literally nothing about this guy.

Mike
05-01-2015, 06:48 PM
PS: this draft sucks... Last few years were way more fun from a talent perspective

kscdogbillsfan1221
defense was probably our worst side of the ball last year. I think it needed some serious upgrading......

being extremely sarcastic for those of you who didn't figure it out.

kingJofNYC
McCoy should get some good holes behind Darby....

Lol

cookie G
05-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Gee...I hope he's got some return skills!!!

YardRat
05-01-2015, 06:50 PM
STRENGTHS: While perhaps slightly shorter than preferred, Darby possesses a solid build with good overall weight distribution. Excellent timed speed that translates well to the field. Has a low, quick backpedal and has fluid hips that allow him to turn and easily run with even explosive receivers. Doesn't rely on a jam at the line of scrimmage to slow receivers but will deliver one on occasion, showing a good, physical pop to disrupt timing with the quarterback. Good patience in off-coverage, showing the poise to allow receivers to commit to deep routes before turning to transition. Improved awareness in coverage, showing a quick burst to break on the ball and good hand-eye coordination to slap away passes.
Isn't the most physical corner in run support but showed improved grit in 2014. Willing to lower his shoulder into ball-carriers and is a generally reliable open-field tackler. An immediate standout at Florida State and steadily improved throughout his career. Could be just scratching the surface of his potential.
WEAKNESSES: Showed improved awareness in 2014 but remains a better athlete than football player at this time. Too often relies on his speed to cover receivers, losing technique by allowing receptions on underneath routes too often.
Some question as to his real physicality. Was more willing to lower a shoulder into ball-carriers but will do some standing around the pile and let teammates do the dirty work, on occasion. Only two interceptions in three seasons at Florida State.
Comes with some character red flags. Was part of the rape investigation involving teammate Jameis Winston and was placed under review by Florida State's Code of Conduct policy which initially accused Darby and another teammate of "conduct of a sexual nature that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment." None of the players were ultimately charged.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1998179/ronald-darby

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-01-2015, 06:51 PM
oh good. Is Dick Jauron still head coach?

Mike
05-01-2015, 06:52 PM
McCoy should get some good holes behind Darby....

Lol

Said No One Ever

THRILLHO
Did I see that he is only 5'10"???

OpIv37
So, we pick up Gilmore's option then use our best draft pick on a CB. Brilliant.

This FO is valuing skill positions more than the trenches. We've been down this road before......

psubills62
05-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Why are people surprised? The Jets under Ryan always valued CB's. They had two starting CB's the one year (Revis and double-name guy I can't recall his name) and still took the CB from Boise State in the first round. Pretty sure they drafted a bunch of first round CB's when Ryan was coach too.

Thurmal
05-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Quick, Big, Fast & No Ball Skills

It was like Kiper was describing McKelvin to a "T."

Woodman
never can have enough cb's ...... smart pick you'll see.

SpikedLemonade
I absolutely hate this pick.

Thurmal
05-01-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm guessing McKelvin gets moved to safety maybe? I dunno. Kinda wanted them to take a flyer on Gregory.

jimmifli
05-01-2015, 07:01 PM
So, we pick up Gilmore's option then use our best draft pick on a CB. Brilliant.

This FO is valuing skill positions more than the trenches. We've been down this road before......
Rex has built good defenses and has been apart of 3 of the top 10 of all time. And Whaley's shown the ability to assemble defensive talent. I'm sure this guy is a good football player. Skill position or not.

My problem is that it seems we're rebuilding the D again when it didn't need help. It needed a few minutes of bench time.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-01-2015, 07:02 PM
does anybody (draft boy) even know where he was 'projected' to go? was he even considered a second rounder?

Famous Amos
05-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Did I see that he is only 5'10"???

Just what we need, another short guy who shoulder tackles rather than wrapping guys up. maybe he'll study how Donte Whitner tackles and add butt tackling to his repertoire.

This is a let down.

jimmifli
05-01-2015, 07:03 PM
I absolutely hate this pick.

I can't say I hate it. I just feel apathetic again.

Scumbag College
05-01-2015, 07:03 PM
The Bills brought in no one on defense in free agency with all of the offense free agent pick ups. With hiring a defensive minded HC I guess it makes sense. Graham to safety?

Famous Amos
05-01-2015, 07:04 PM
does anybody (draft boy) even know where he was 'projected' to go? was he even considered a second rounder?

#47 according to Gil Brandt

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-01-2015, 07:06 PM

ok, so it wasn't a 'reach' a la Blaine Gabbert, Donte Whitner, etc. ok. makes me feel a little better i guess

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-01-2015, 07:09 PM
We drafted him because we have to face that bastard Brady two times every year

GvilleBills
05-01-2015, 07:11 PM
It was like Kiper was describing McKelvin to a "T."

It's like they picked Leo all over again

YardRat
05-01-2015, 07:11 PM

I think CBS had him at #30 overall, 1st or 2nd rounder. Not a reach by any means, but not a 'Wow!Nice!' pick either.

sudzy
05-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Not a good tackler. Doesn't intercept balls. Hate the pick

wolfpack
05-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Watching him in the ACC, IMO Nate Clements 2.0. If he can play the same in the NFL, well done Bills.

ct bills fan
05-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Suppose you can neve have enough cbs facing Brady. So.....the Bryce petty thing was a smoke screen so they could draft this guy?? Strange as Petty isn't lasting to 80. Still can get a starting type guard in rdrd 3

justasportsfan
05-01-2015, 07:14 PM

So he was BPA.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Suppose you can neve have enough cbs facing Brady. So.....the Bryce petty thing was a smoke screen so they could draft this guy?? Strange as Petty isn't lasting to 80. Still can get a starting type guard in rdrd 3

don't worry. they won't pick a guard. probably a safety or a defensive end of running back.

MikeInRoch
05-01-2015, 07:16 PM
I love how many people that have never seen him play and have never heard of him before tonight are saying the pick sucked.

Although I suppose from many on this board, I really expect nothing less.

BertSquirtgum
****ing gross. Puke. Barf. Regurgitate.

YardRat
My problem is that it seems we're rebuilding the D again when it didn't need help. It needed a few minutes of bench time.

It required help the minute Rex was hired and it was obvious Schwartz wasn't coming back.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Yeah! Now there's a run on o-line.

YardRat
05-01-2015, 07:19 PM
I love how many people that have never seen him play and have never heard of him before tonight are saying the pick sucked.

I think most are complaining about the position, not the specific player.

jimmifli
05-01-2015, 07:22 PM
It required help the minute Rex was hired and it was obvious Schwartz wasn't coming back.
Yeah, there weren't a lot of people with us on the Gym Shorts bandwagon.

justasportsfan
05-01-2015, 07:23 PM
I think most are complaining about the position, not the specific player.

its now a qb driven league so we need more cb's?

didn't the jets and dolphins just draft receivers? :idunno:

wolfpack
05-01-2015, 07:27 PM

Poo poo drafting the guy that fits the system. He is a "Rex" guy and there not fitting square pegs into round holes. How quickly we forget a guy like Spiller thrived under Chan and fiziled with Marone.

BertSquirtgum
05-01-2015, 07:29 PM
****ing **** sucking stupid Bills. **** off.

The Jokeman
05-01-2015, 07:30 PM

From CBS Sportsline 2nd Round review: I think Darby had first-round ability, so he will step in and compete to play right away. Rex Ryan loves defense and to beat the Patriots you have to defend the pass.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/2015-draft-profile-ronald-darby-cb-florida-state.html/
Summary: I like this player a lot. And then, when seeing what the consensus is on him – Day 2, mostly – I really like him for that value. There aren’t many candidates to play corner on an island without safety help over the top (Marcus Peters), but Florida State was more than happy to allow Darby this freedom, and I thought he generally passed the test so well.

bdutton
05-01-2015, 07:30 PM
BPA?

CBS had him ranked as number 30 in the pre-draft rankings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

What did you people expect? The next Peyton Manning?

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-01-2015, 07:33 PM
From CBS Sportsline 2nd Round review: I think Darby had first-round ability, so he will step in and compete to play right away. Rex Ryan loves defense and to beat the Patriots you have to defend the pass.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/2015-draft-profile-ronald-darby-cb-florida-state.html/
Summary: I like this player a lot. And then, when seeing what the consensus is on him – Day 2, mostly – I really like him for that value. There aren’t many candidates to play corner on an island without safety help over the top (Marcus Peters), but Florida State was more than happy to allow Darby this freedom, and I thought he generally passed the test so well.

thanks. i still don't like the position we chose, but if he fits a role then we will see and hope for the best.

justasportsfan
05-01-2015, 07:34 PM
From Seminoles.com:

Three-year standout at cornerback who started in 2013-14 after capturing the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year honors in 2012…allowed just nine completions and no touchdowns on 27 targets during 2013 national championship season…finished career with 79 tackles and 16 pass break-ups over 42 career games (23 starts).

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-01-2015, 07:35 PM
BPA?

CBS had him ranked as number 30 in the pre-draft rankings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

What did you people expect? The next Peyton Manning?

to reiterate. nobody expects a high first round pick to fall to us at 50. most people are upset because they do not feel like our defense is a need on our first pick. we have shoddy QBs as well as a very questionable O line.

Famous Amos
05-01-2015, 07:35 PM
So he was BPA.

a top 5 cornerback apparently.

Rex Ryan is big on cornerbacks. probably had Whaley's ear during the pick. would have liked an offensive tackle instead.

wolfpack
05-01-2015, 07:36 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aRRiqguju-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Beebe
05-01-2015, 07:42 PM
This kid will be a baller for us, with Donnie Henderson he will make him a good player just like Leodis Mckelvin remember he had that same problem with not looking back for the ball.

jimmifli
05-01-2015, 07:45 PM
This kid will be a baller for us, with Donnie Henderson he will make him a good player just like Leodis Mckelvin remember he had that same problem with not looking back for the ball.

From his highlights he locates the ball just fine. I think he just lacks fingers and thumbs. Just two big stumps swinging at the ball.

SpikedLemonade
05-01-2015, 07:46 PM
There goes AJ Cann

IlluminatusUIUC
Terrible pick. We were 3 deep at corner even if you give up on Robey and Cockrell for some reason. Then there's the part where he may have witnessed and covered up Jameis Winston's rape.

WTF @ this offseason

EDS
Interesting. Barring injury does he get on the field as a rookie?

cookie G
05-01-2015, 07:48 PM

It is a point driven league and we don't score very many of them.

He won't help.

EDS
05-01-2015, 07:56 PM

Along those lines, the Jets, Pats and Dolphins have added defensive lineman. So an argument to upgrade the offensive line?

jimmifli
05-01-2015, 08:07 PM

He won't help.
You can't score safeties if they never get the ball.

mysticsoto
05-01-2015, 08:12 PM

Good point, Justa. I wonder if this is the FO reacting to the Jets/Dolphins WR picks. I'm a little disappointed, but yet, with our strong Dline, our CBs will look even more awesome. I read somewhere that Darby didn't have great #s on ints b'cse he wasn't thrown at very often. If that's true, that's something that needs to be taken into acct in his evaluation.

Now they need to get an OG, unless some talented specimen falls on our lap.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2015, 08:17 PM

Yes it's a QB league, let's draft a CB when our QBs are who?

Mace
05-01-2015, 08:23 PM

They keep saying they aren't meaning to throw and aren't going along with it being a QB league. They traded for Cassel, he's not a slinger. They aren't going to sling no matter how much we wish they would. They got Shady, a fullback and Incognito. They're saying it's not a QB league.

SpikedLemonade
05-01-2015, 08:27 PM
They keep saying they aren't meaning to throw and aren't going along with it being a QB league. They traded for Cassel, he's not a slinger. They aren't going to sling no matter how much we wish they would. They got Shady, a fullback and Incognito. They're saying it's not a QB league.

I appreciate the fact that you did not call Incognito a starting NFL OL because he no longer is.

Mace
05-01-2015, 08:32 PM
I appreciate the fact that you did not call Incognito a starting NFL OL because he no longer is.

You should, because I'm not saying he's supposed to be a passing game rock of safe. They wanted a plow and hired a plow. He's not going to be protecting a passer for the price.

People keep stubbornly holding onto the thought they NEED and WANT to throw and they just don't whether or not I like it, it is what it is, they mean to have a running offense.

Night Train
05-01-2015, 08:33 PM
My immediate thought was Graham moving to Safety, since this guy has the speed (4.37) to cover guys 1 on 1.

I wanted OT Fisher of Oregon. After the pick, Whaley was asked about Fisher being there and stated there was a fair gap on their board between he and Fisher. I'll revisit that thought in 2-3 years.

I see him ranked 30th overall on a couple sites, so He's not a reach by any stretch but the long ball skills concern me... especially when Ohio St. WR Devin Smith was picked by the Jets and is the best long ball WR in the draft.

Let's see him in camp before playing taps. At least this pick wasn't wasted on some scrub QB.

Beebe
05-01-2015, 08:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8brxU1cCmcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe> hes fast

ICRockets
05-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I'm not surprised some of you idiots who know nothing about this guy are ****ting on the pick. For some reason Bills fans hate drafting DBs. I was practically shouted off the Range for suggesting we should draft Patrick Peterson.

Mace
05-01-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm not surprised some of you idiots who know nothing about this guy are ****ting on the pick. For some reason Bills fans hate drafting DBs. I was practically shouted off the Range for suggesting we should draft Patrick Peterson.

I might have been one of them, if so, I'm sorry. Those Jauron Tampa-2 years made me crazy if they drafted a db, right or wrong.

Skooby
05-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Some speed for our secondary, not very exciting but understood.

PS- Can someone please fix the title ??

Mace
05-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Some speed for our secondary, not very exciting but understood.

PS- Can someone please fix the title ??

No one will now, Baldwin, er, MurrayDowntown, just to annoy you.

justasportsfan
05-01-2015, 09:32 PM

I highly doubt that was the reason you were shouted off the range

Mace
05-01-2015, 09:37 PM
I highly doubt that was the reason you were shouted off the range

Hard to say, it got weird there all of a sudden.

Skooby
05-01-2015, 09:37 PM
No one will now, Baldwin, er, MurrayDowntown, just to annoy you.
Who's Baldwin?

Mace
05-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Who's Baldwin?

Doesn't matter, they won't change it to annoy you because you're Skoobasaurus-Rex.

Buffalogic
05-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Qbs pretty much never threw the ball at him and when they did only 40% of the passes were completed against him. He's a good pick.

Anyone who says we had a bad offseason is a complete know nothing fool.

Buffalogic
05-01-2015, 09:49 PM
The majority of you idiots cry all year that the best teams draft BPA and then the same idiots cry even harder when we actually do it. Our starting RT was taken in the 7th round. Go jump off a bridge because we didn't take o-line in the second you dumb nerds.

Mace
05-01-2015, 09:50 PM
The majority of you idiots cry all year that the best teams draft BPA and then the same idiots cry even harder when we actually do it. Our starting RT was taken in the 7th round. Go jump off a bridge because we didn't take o-line in the second you dumb nerds.

Oh that was harsh.

Skooby
05-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Doesn't matter, they won't change it to annoy you because you're Skoobasaurus-Rex.

Now I've gone and done it.

paladin warrior
05-01-2015, 10:24 PM
W T F. 2nd pick CB *** it suck. Whaley or Rex are you on high or smoking weed pot.

paladin warrior
05-01-2015, 10:31 PM
If Whaley and Rex are still on high or. Weed pot .I bet they will going to pick 3 round is kicker . Both will be still f c k up

Downinfloflo
05-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Nice to see the new ownership stick with tradition. :buddies:

Oaf
05-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Gilmore is overrated, McKelvin is getting old, as is Graham. We pick for the future, not just 2015 guys. Like the pick. :up:

casdhf
05-02-2015, 04:59 AM
Press corner with speed.

swiper
05-02-2015, 05:32 AM
Gilmore is overrated, McKelvin is getting old, as is Graham. We pick for the future, not just 2015 guys. Like the pick. :up:

I understand it. I'll be ok with it if he turns out to be decent. But some of the posters that are defending this pick forget the Bills recently took Ron Brooks for the same reasons: CB depth/a CB with good skills to develop for the future. Brooks has not exactly made himself stand out to date.

It’s looking more likely Graham could be moved to safety to fill a need there, instead of the Bills wasting a selection on the position. The player who should be most concerned about the addition of Darby is Ron Brooks, who had similar traits coming into the NFL three years ago. Brooks has been inconsistent at best during his time in Orchard Park.

Good article on Darby: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2450705-ronald-darby-to-buffalo-bills-full-draft-pick-breakdown

Historian
05-02-2015, 06:36 AM
I understand why people aren't happy, but I pretty much expected either the best O lineman, or the best corner at 50, mainly because you have to be able to try to counter Brady, even at 38 years old.

But it's more than that.

People love the draft because of all the drama, the mock picks etc,so it has some entertainment value.

The thing is...you don't want to make a splash on draft day. If you do, that means you're at the bottom half of the heap in the NFL.

We're not.

Our team is pretty much set. Our headlines were made in free agency, with established players, who will come in and upgrade positions immediately.

All we're doing is drafting for depth.

Drafting to KEEP that defense at a high level, hopefully until this team finally lands a franchise QB.

DraftBoy
05-02-2015, 06:36 AM
High upside CB who can tackle and run extremely well. His ball skills needs coaching but if he gets those to come around you've got a potential lock down guy.

ICRockets
05-02-2015, 07:03 AM
If Whaley and Rex are still on high or. Weed pot .I bet they will going to pick 3 round is kicker . Both will be still f c k up

This is the post of the century.

GvilleBills
05-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Terrible pick. We were 3 deep at corner even if you give up on Robey and Cockrell for some reason. Then there's the part where he may have witnessed and covered up Jameis Winston's rape.

WTF @ this offseason

Winston, Casher, and Darby can all eat a bag of dicks, forcefully fed to them without consent, with no investigation performed to bring justice to their attackers.

If Tallahassee PD had done their job, we might know their innocence or guilt. But we'll never know.

I cannot support this pick.

sudzy
05-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Drafting to KEEP that defense at a high level, hopefully until this team finally lands a franchise QB.

20 years into the search and are no closer today then they were with Todd Collins.

better days
05-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Winston, Casher, and Darby can all eat a bag of dicks, forcefully fed to them without consent, with no investigation performed to bring justice to their attackers.

If Tallahassee PD had done their job, we might know their innocence or guilt. But we'll never know.

I cannot support this pick.

There was a through investigation by the police of that incident.

Winston had sex with the girl in HIS room.

I doubt she was forcibly dragged there against her wishes.

Winston & Darby, his roommate said it was consensual sex.

He said, she said. Especially with a witness, (Darby) no way Winston was going to be charged with rape.

Nobody will ever know if the girl agreed to have sex with Winston or not, but let this be a lesson to all girls, do not go into a boys room unless you plan to have sex with him.

And the Bucs did a THROUGH investigation of Winston, including this incident, before drafting him.

better days
05-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Good point, Justa. I wonder if this is the FO reacting to the Jets/Dolphins WR picks. I'm a little disappointed, but yet, with our strong Dline, our CBs will look even more awesome. I read somewhere that Darby didn't have great #s on ints b'cse he wasn't thrown at very often. If that's true, that's something that needs to be taken into acct in his evaluation.

Now they need to get an OG, unless some talented specimen falls on our lap.

Darby was only thrown at 27 times for the entire year. Two or three times a game.

That says QB's did not want to throw in his direction, much like with Revis.

Darby can play press coverage which Rex loves and like Gilmore, he may not get you INT's, but he is not going to give up TD's either.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Darby was only thrown at 27 times for the entire year. Two or three times a game.

That says QB's did not want to throw in his direction, much like with Revis.

Darby can play press coverage which Rex loves and like Gilmore, he may not get you INT's, but he is not going to give up TD's either.

doesn't look like he'll tackle either. luckily, with a solid front 7 he hopefully won't need to.

better days
05-02-2015, 09:02 AM
doesn't look like he'll tackle either. luckily, with a solid front 7 he hopefully won't need to.

Deion Sanders was not known for his tackling ability either.

You don't have to make a tackle if the receiver does not catch the ball.

justasportsfan
05-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Hey Dummy ,there were no Andrew Lucks when we picked. By your logic, we should have reached for another Ej Manuel? how's Barkley doing?

I would love nothing more than to have a franchise qb. Since there isn't one to be had, I wouldn't mind building a D like the seahawks that ironically beat one of the greatest offense/qbs ever when they beat Peyton in the SB.

justasportsfan
05-02-2015, 09:14 AM

He won't help.
Can Miller help?

:bigwave:

justasportsfan
05-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Deion Sanders was not known for his tackling ability either.

You don't have to make a tackle if the receiver does not catch the ball.

But Deion could catch

ICRockets
05-02-2015, 09:18 AM
And the Bucs did a THROUGH investigation of Winston, including this incident, before drafting him.

Really? They did a thorough investigation of the incident? Then why didn't they talk to the girl?

better days
05-02-2015, 09:21 AM
But Deion could catch

Yeah, Deion could catch. Better than many WR's.

But Darby has speed that is close to Sanders & if he does not give up the long reception like McKelvin has been know to do, that will be good enough for me.

better days
05-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Really? They did a thorough investigation of the incident? Then why didn't they talk to the girl?

Why do you think they didn't talk to the girl?

And like I said, it was a he said she said.

The sex took place in Winston's room, not an alley or a car.

The Bucs talked to over 75 people in vetting Winston, I would bet they talked to the girl.

justasportsfan
05-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Good point, Justa. I wonder if this is the FO reacting to the Jets/Dolphins WR picks.

Whaley admitted on Bb.com today that was part of it.

justasportsfan
05-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Yeah, Deion could catch. Better than many WR's.

But Darby has speed that is close to Sanders & if he does not give up the long reception like McKelvin has been know to do, that will be good enough for me.
My point is, never use Dieon as a comparison.

better days
05-02-2015, 09:42 AM
My point is, never use Dieon as a comparison.

I think a comparison can be made in some aspects to Deion.

Deion was FAST, as is Darby.

But I understand, Deion is a first ballot HOF CB.

I doubt I will see another CB that can compare to Deion in my lifetime.

But I did get to watch Deion play football at Ft. Myers H.S. He was in the same graduating class as my cousin & I was living in Ft.Myers at that time.

I'm not saying Darby will be a HOF CB.

emoulds80
05-02-2015, 09:44 AM
I understand it. I'll be ok with it if he turns out to be decent. But some of the posters that are defending this pick forget the Bills recently took Ron Brooks for the same reasons: CB depth/a CB with good skills to develop for the future. Brooks has not exactly made himself stand out to date.

ron brooks was a rotational db with lsu, with great speed... thats why he was a 4th rd pick. darby has been a 3yr starter and the best cb on fsu for two

Good article on Darby: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2450705-ronald-darby-to-buffalo-bills-full-draft-pick-breakdown
ron brooks was a rotational db with lsu, with great speed... thats why he was a 4th rd pick. darby has been a 3yr starter and the best cb on fsu for two

emoulds80
05-02-2015, 09:46 AM
it was a fantastic pick. gilmore is about to be a fa, graham and mckelvin approach 30, robey and brooks are nickel dbs, and cockrell is still developing. we needed another top cb

better days
05-02-2015, 09:50 AM
it was a fantastic pick. gilmore is about to be a fa, graham and mckelvin approach 30, robey and brooks are nickel dbs, and cockrell is still developing. we needed another top cb

Gilmore is going to be a Bill for at least another year after this, I hope the Bills sign him to another contract.

Gilmore & Darby can give the Bills two GOOD Corners for years to come.

Ed
05-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Plus, it seems like over the last few years we've had the most injury issues at DB. No one ever thinks we need another CB until one gets injured and then we're stuck watching some scrub get torched.

ICRockets
05-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Why do you think they didn't talk to the girl?

And like I said, it was a he said she said.

The sex took place in Winston's room, not an alley or a car.

The Bucs talked to over 75 people in vetting Winston, I would bet they talked to the girl.

Here's a crazy thought: don't talk out of your ass if you don't want to look like one.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-inadequate-vetting-of-jameis-winston-9a56b00651c4

cookie G
05-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Can Miller help?

:bigwave:

Maybe. He's a 3rd round pick. Do you expect him to transform the line from one of the worst to one of the best?

And we can go back to recent history, if you'd like...

Has Rex Ryan's fetish with DB's made his offense any better? (3 of his no. 1 picks in his last 5 years with the Jets have been DB's).

His offense ranking since 2010

2010 11th
2011 25th
2012 30th
2013 25th
2014 22nd

Avg. ranking for the past 5 years,

In case you didn't know, when Rex got to NY in 2009, he inherited one of the best OL's in the NFL.

D'Brick- 1st round pick, a sometime Pro Bowler
Alan Faneca - perennial PB'er, one of the best guards in the business.
Mangold - 1st round pick, perennial PB'er
Damien Woody - former PB'er, rejuvenated the last few years of his career with the Jets

Faneca left in 2010 for a year and retired
Woody retired in 2011

who were they replaced with?

Vlad Decusassseeeemanstich - a fat slow college lineman who became a fat, slow NFL lineman
Brian Winters - a solid, 3rd round pick from Kent.

Other than that....an obligatory 5th or 6th round pick on the OL every year, while he was using no. 1 picks on db's.

Any of this sound familiar?

If so...:bigwave:

better days
05-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Here's a crazy thought: don't talk out of your ass if you don't want to look like one.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-inadequate-vetting-of-jameis-winston-9a56b00651c4

When was that article written? And by who?

As I said, the Bucs spoke to more than 75 people before drafting Winston.

And they drafted him with the FIRST pick in the draft.

I DOUBT the Bucs would have made Winston the first pick unless they were CERTAIN he did not rape that girl.

It would be a HUGE gamble pick a player that was likely to get in trouble again.

And I am sure it is on record what she said when she accused Winston of raping her in HIS room.

GvilleBills
05-02-2015, 10:29 AM
There was a through investigation by the police of that incident.

Winston had sex with the girl in HIS room.

I doubt she was forcibly dragged there against her wishes.

Winston & Darby, his roommate said it was consensual sex.

He said, she said. Especially with a witness, (Darby) no way Winston was going to be charged with rape.

Nobody will ever know if the girl agreed to have sex with Winston or not, but let this be a lesson to all girls, do not go into a boys room unless you plan to have sex with him.

Go home, you're drunk.

There was no investigation, there was a cover up. The Tallahassee PD did jack **** and you know jack ****.

You don't "investigate" a rape accusation a year later. They investigated HER, in attempts to discredit her.

If they did their job, there would be no question. They didn't, and there's still questions.
Do your homework, or STFU.

better days
05-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Go home, you're drunk.

There was no investigation, there was a cover up. The Tallahassee PD did jack **** and you know jack ****.

You don't "investigate" a rape accusation a year later. They investigated HER, in attempts to discredit her.

If they did their job, there would be no question. They didn't, and there's still questions.
Do your homework, or STFU.

BS. I live in Fla & follow the Bucs.

I also hear EVERYTHING about what goes on in the State of Fla in regards to College players on the news.

The reason it went no further is there was NO CAUSE for it to go any farther.

And answer this question if you can. WHAT was that girl doing in Winston's BEDROOM?

ICRockets
05-02-2015, 10:34 AM
When was that article written?

On April 29. You know this is information you can find yourself, don't you?

GvilleBills
05-02-2015, 10:34 AM
When was that article written? And by who?

As I said, the Bucs spoke to more than 75 people before drafting Winston.

And they drafted him with the FIRST pick in the draft.

I DOUBT the Bucs would have made Winston the first pick unless they were CERTAIN he did not rape that girl.

It would be a HUGE gamble pick a player that was likely to get in trouble again.

And I am sure it is on record what she said when she accused Winston of raping her in HIS room.

They can never be certain. That's the point.

better days
05-02-2015, 10:38 AM
They can never be certain. That's the point.

NO, the point is the Bucs would not have used the FIRST pick in the draft on a player that was capable of rape.

Because a rapist is likely to rape again.

And this girl would not be the first or the last to falsely accuse someone of something he was not guilty of.

swiper
05-02-2015, 11:09 AM
ROFLMAO.

"I live in FLA & follow the BUCS" so I know better than you.

BETTER DAYS getting the beat down he deserves for his stupidity.

GvilleBills
05-02-2015, 11:22 AM
NO, the point is the Bucs would not have used the FIRST pick in the draft on a player that was capable of rape.

Because a rapist is likely to rape again.

And this girl would not be the first or the last to falsely accuse someone of something he was not guilty of.

She's not the first. He was accused in high school, but his record as a minor is sealed. Kinsman was not interviewed by the Bucs, and may not be the only female named in the civil suit. Winston has a history of downright predatory actions, at best.

You're not going to hear about it following the Bucs.

You're not going to hear about it watching the evening news.

This didn't make the news til a year later. Everything about this sexual assault "investigation" was absolutely deplorable. In no way did it resemble a proper investigation.

I'm not going any further with you. I know your MO here, and I won't waste my time discussing this further with the ignorant.

Again, educate yourself or STFU.

I wouldn't wish that form of "consensual" sex on anyone.

justasportsfan
05-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Maybe. He's a 3rd round pick. Do you expect him to transform the line from one of the worst to one of the best?

And we can go back to recent history, if you'd like...

Has Rex Ryan's fetish with DB's made his offense any better? (3 of his no. 1 picks in his last 5 years with the Jets have been DB's).

His offense ranking since 2010

2010 11th
2011 25th
2012 30th
2013 25th
2014 22nd

Avg. ranking for the past 5 years,

In case you didn't know, when Rex got to NY in 2009, he inherited one of the best OL's in the NFL.

D'Brick- 1st round pick, a sometime Pro Bowler
Alan Faneca - perennial PB'er, one of the best guards in the business.
Mangold - 1st round pick, perennial PB'er
Damien Woody - former PB'er, rejuvenated the last few years of his career with the Jets

Faneca left in 2010 for a year and retired
Woody retired in 2011

who were they replaced with?

Vlad Decusassseeeemanstich - a fat slow college lineman who became a fat, slow NFL lineman
Brian Winters - a solid, 3rd round pick from Kent.

Other than that....an obligatory 5th or 6th round pick on the OL every year, while he was using no. 1 picks on db's.

Any of this sound familiar?

If so...:bigwave:

So do tell who would've help us score more points with our second rd. pick.

Mr. Cynical
05-02-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm ok with this pick in the sense that Leodis sucks, and they need someone opposite Gilmore now and into the future. Graham moving to safety would be killer as well, since that's more his natural fit. So, while I was at first a little wtf, I can get behind it given the Leodis suck factor. My prediction is he'll be starting mid season. (total dart throw I know, but hey, fun to take shots)

BertSquirtgum
05-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Omg. Who the **** gives a **** about Winston and his past rapings?????? This thread was about Ronnie Darby.

coastal
05-03-2015, 05:36 AM
Is this worse than the TJ Graham pick?

sudzy
05-03-2015, 05:53 AM

Jake Fisher

YardRat
05-03-2015, 06:05 AM
I'm ok with this pick in the sense that Leodis sucks, and they need someone opposite Gilmore now and into the future. Graham moving to safety would be killer as well, since that's more his natural fit. So, while I was at first a little wtf, I can get behind it given the Leodis suck factor. My prediction is he'll be starting mid season. (total dart throw I know, but hey, fun to take shots)

IMO Graham isn't physical enough against the run to move to safety...maybe in a more traditional role where the FS roams the back end, but not in a system that requires some flip-flopping and serious run support. I'd keep him at corner.

camelcowboy
05-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Omg. Who the **** gives a **** about Winston and his past rapings?????? This thread was about Ronnie Darby.
Darby had a role in incident, that was the original point.

swiper
05-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Is this worse than the TJ Graham pick?

You know I was thinking this too.

cookie G
05-03-2015, 11:27 AM

Jake Fisher has the athleticism of Henderson (but not the width), and is FAR more consistent of a player. People need to get past the preseason and his one game against Cameron Wake, and look at what Henderson was like the rest of the year. It wasn't good. You can hope he gets more consistent, but you're talking about a guy that spent his entire college career being suspended every other week.

Ali Marpet is far more athletic than any interior lineman on this team, give him a year and he solidifies one of the interior positions.

AJ Cann might not be a perennial pro bowler, but he probably comes in and starts day 1 and makes the position better.

There are others I know little about, such as TY Sambraillo of Utah. But I trust the Broncos evaluations in this area of the team far more than I treat the Bills.

better days
05-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Darby had a role in incident, that was the original point.

Well, Darby was Winston's roommate.

Agreed with Winston that it was consensual sex that went on in Winston's bedroom between Winston & his accuser.

And the Bucs fully vetted Winson before taking him with the first pick in the draft.

The police did not charge Winston with any crime & as I said before, any girl that goes willingly into a young guys bedroom should have the expectation sex will take place or she should not go into that bedroom.

EDS
05-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Well, Darby was Winston's roommate.

Agreed with Winston that it was consensual sex that went on in Winston's bedroom between Winston & his accuser.

And the Bucs fully vetted Winson before taking him with the first pick in the draft.

The police did not charge Winston with any crime & as I said before, any girl that goes willingly into a young guys bedroom should have the expectation sex will take place or she should not go into that bedroom.

OMG. So the mere act of entering a men's bedroom for a woman is a clear expression that she will have sex with him? A lot must have changed since I went to college.

Rape culture alive and well . . .

sudzy
05-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Jake Fisher has the athleticism of Henderson (but not the width), and is FAR more consistent of a player. People need to get past the preseason and his one game against Cameron Wake, and look at what Henderson was like the rest of the year. It wasn't good. You can hope he gets more consistent, but you're talking about a guy that spent his entire college career being suspended every other week.

Ali Marpet is far more athletic than any interior lineman on this team, give him a year and he solidifies one of the interior positions.

AJ Cann might not be a perennial pro bowler, but he probably comes in and starts day 1 and makes the position better.

There are others I know little about, such as TY Sambraillo of Utah. But I trust the Broncos evaluations in this area of the team far more than I treat the Bills.

The reason I said Fisher over Cann or Marpet is because, he allows you to still draft Miller in the 3rd. If you draft Cann in the 2nd your not drafting Miller in the 3rd then it opens up a whole other question. Who do you draft in the 3rd?

better days
05-04-2015, 03:25 PM
OMG. So the mere act of entering a men's bedroom for a woman is a clear expression that she will have sex with him? A lot must have changed since I went to college.

Rape culture alive and well . . .

You must have been involved a many a panty raid.

And just because a woman says she was raped, it does not mean she really was.

Women have been known to lie, if you did not know that.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-04-2015, 03:58 PM
You must have been involved a many a panty raid.

And just because a woman says she was raped, it does not mean she really was.

Women have been known to lie, if you did not know that.

And just because police said they couldn't charge Winston, it doesn't mean he is innocent.

Police have been known to sweep things under the rug for star athletes.

better days
05-04-2015, 05:01 PM
And just because police said they couldn't charge Winston, it doesn't mean he is innocent.

Police have been known to sweep things under the rug for star athletes.

Well, just as Kim Pegula plays a role with the running of the Bills, so do women in the Glazer family play a role in the running of that team.

I don't think either team would have drafted a player they thought was involved in a rape.