PDA

View Full Version : O'Leary Should Have Gone A Couple Rounds Higher

Night Train
05-02-2015, 03:23 PM
He runs perfect routes and catches everything.

I posted months back that this was a 2 TE draft. Maxx Williams and O'Leary.

Sometimes, the Gods smile on us.

swiper
05-02-2015, 03:24 PM
For everyone that got down on Campbell for not being as fast as Gronk, we like THIS guy? Slowest ever.

Night Train
05-02-2015, 03:29 PM
For everyone that got down on Campbell for not being as fast as Gronk, we like THIS guy? Slowest ever.

Good backup TE who always gets open and makes the catch. Mackey (TE) award winner.

swiper
05-02-2015, 03:33 PM
I'll keep an open mind.

YardRat
05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
I hope you are right.

feldspar
05-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Jack Nicklaus' grandson.

HHURRICANE
05-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Apparently this guy is a great blocker and he's a bit of a *****.

I was happy with this pick but still perplexed why we cut a reliable TE.

Night Train
05-02-2015, 03:56 PM
I was happy with this pick but still perplexed why we cut a reliable TE.

Bobbles Chandler ? I was done with him a year ago after watching someone strip the ball from him for the umpteenth time.

It was time to change that position up.

Mace
05-02-2015, 04:08 PM
In the worst case, you have to figure we got rid of Scott Chandler to draft a younger Scott Chandler who catches more reliably so they could afford a Lesean McCoy a wee bit better.

jills
05-02-2015, 04:14 PM

Agreed. He makes Chandler look super athletic.

swiper
05-02-2015, 04:20 PM
LOL @ calling him Campbell AGAIN.

HHURRICANE
05-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Bobbles Chandler ? I was done with him a year ago after watching someone strip the ball from him for the umpteenth time.

It was time to change that position up.

Even though I disagree with you here you have been the best poster on this board. Not joking.

Night Train
05-02-2015, 04:29 PM
I gave up whining for lent in 1967.

Thanks

Mr. Pink
05-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Can he block? No.

Then it doesn't matter if he's awesome because we invested 2309572903742342345 dollars into the position already and O'Leary will rarely see the field because of it.

swiper
05-02-2015, 04:37 PM
One more pick until Mr. Irrelevant.

swiper
05-02-2015, 04:42 PM
To the Cardinals. Mr. Irrelevant:

TE Gerald Christian - Louisville

Mace
05-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Can he block? No.

Then it doesn't matter if he's awesome because we invested 2309572903742342345 dollars into the position already and O'Leary will rarely see the field because of it.

I think the thought is that he can catch and someone will have to cover him that you won't need to block even if it's just 5-8 yards away from where they are running, probably in two diff directions if Clay is in on the same play, motion and play action adding to the concept most likely. The guy can catch if anyone tries to ignore him.

Mr. Pink
05-02-2015, 05:32 PM
I think the thought is that he can catch and someone will have to cover him that you won't need to block even if it's just 5-8 yards away from where they are running, probably in two diff directions if Clay is in on the same play, motion and play action adding to the concept most likely. The guy can catch if anyone tries to ignore him.

He'll get like 10 catches because he'll hardly ever be on the field. If Clay needs a play off he'll see the field. I don't see the Bills running a 2 tight end set formation often, especially when neither of the two are very good at blocking.

Is he a good player? Sure. Is he a good fit? Absolutely not.

CoolBreeze
05-02-2015, 05:40 PM
He's already the #2 TE on the roster.

CoolBreeze
05-02-2015, 05:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGAQSDlSW8 Never saw Chandler do this.

The Jokeman
05-02-2015, 05:50 PM
He's already the #2 TE on the roster.

I think Gray might put up a fight but either way I'd feel better if we sign Gresham as an UFA after May 12 to give us a proven blocking TE.

better days
05-04-2015, 08:37 AM
He'll get like 10 catches because he'll hardly ever be on the field. If Clay needs a play off he'll see the field. I don't see the Bills running a 2 tight end set formation often, especially when neither of the two are very good at blocking.

Is he a good player? Sure. Is he a good fit? Absolutely not.

Roman said he wants to have FOUR TE's on the field at times.

Yasgur's Farm
05-04-2015, 08:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGAQSDlSW8 Never saw Chandler do this.Looks to me like a few other posters should take a look at this video... Never seen Chandler do that!

SpikedLemonade
05-04-2015, 09:01 AM

And you believe him?

He is talking out of his ass to get other DCs to waste time preparing for nonsense.

4 TEs mean that with a QB and the 5 OLs that you either have one RB or one WR.

Why would a team that has so much money/high draft picks invested in RBs and WRs only play just one of them on any one play?

Joe Fo Sho
05-04-2015, 09:46 AM
And you believe him?

He is talking out of his ass to get other DCs to waste time preparing for nonsense.

Why would a team that has so much money/high draft picks invested in RBs and WRs only play just one of them on any one play?

Can you really not think of a single reason?

emoulds80
05-04-2015, 10:38 AM
And you believe him?

other dc are no preparing for the bills 4 tes lol... other dc will look at cassels tape, romans philosophy. he said that because its something he does. everything isnt some cia hide the ball type thing

DesertFox24
05-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Chandler was not a great blocker nor a seam stretcher. O'Leary has a little ways to go in the blocking department but he can block and also catches passes, where Clay is the replacement for Chandler. Plus O'Leary and Clay can line up out wide and in the backfield where Chandler was mostly an inline TE. In other words they wanted versatility because Roman does not want you to know what he is going to do when certain personal groupings are on the field.

Meathead
05-04-2015, 11:17 AM
i just wish there were more replays of him blowing up that poor skinny negro kid

Bill Cody
05-04-2015, 12:02 PM

Onside kick unit?

BertSquirtgum
05-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Can he block? No.

You didn't invest one red cent into the position.

better days
05-04-2015, 12:57 PM
And you believe him?

Yes, I believe he will use 4 TE's in certain situations like short yardage, 3rd or 4th down plays to pick up a first down & in the red zone on occasion.

better days
05-04-2015, 01:01 PM

And not only can O'Leary block, but he has a mean streak as well.

He will fit right in with Incognito & is the type of player Rex likes.

Mr. Pink
05-04-2015, 10:30 PM

:rofl:

Wasted pick and O'Leary should be pissed because he'll never get to show his potential in this league because of the situation. But whatever, discuss semantics instead.

better days
05-05-2015, 08:00 AM
:rofl:

Wasted pick and O'Leary should be pissed because he'll never get to show his potential in this league because of the situation. But whatever, discuss semantics instead.

What are you talking about?

O'Leary comes into a great situation.

Roman uses the TE more than most NFL Coaches & Clay is the only TE on the roster that will be ahead of him.

feldspar
05-05-2015, 08:26 AM

I think you misheard that. I think he meant that he'll suit-up as many as four tight ends on game-day...not that he'll put four tight ends on the field at once. I don't think I've ever seen that.

I've heard Whaley say that several times, and how Roman's offense is kind of a Tight end-centric" one.

better days
05-05-2015, 08:32 AM
I think you misheard that. I think he meant that he'll suit-up as many as four tight ends on game-day...not that he'll put four tight ends on the field at once. I don't think I've ever seen that.

I've heard Whaley say that several times, and how Roman's offense is kind of a Tight end-centric" one.

Roman did say 4 TE's on the field at once, but he may have meant in uniform as you said ready to play.

There is no doubt we will see two TE's on the field a number of times during a game.

don137
05-05-2015, 08:47 AM
The Bills love his blocking ability. Clay is the pass catching tight end. O'Leary is the blocking TE. Roman loves multiple TEs. He will see the field. He is drafted to replace Lee Smith and not Chandler but he can catch much better than Smith.

better days
05-05-2015, 08:53 AM
The Bills love his blocking ability. Clay is the pass catching tight end. O'Leary is the blocking TE. Roman loves multiple TEs. He will see the field. He is drafted to replace Lee Smith and not Chandler but he can catch much better than Smith.

Anyone that did not see the youtube highlight of O'Leary CoolBreeze posted #20, should really look at it.

That is what O'Leary offers in addition to blocking.

justasportsfan
05-05-2015, 11:47 AM
O'Leary was drafted to help improve Sexy Rexy's golf swing!

stuckincincy
05-05-2015, 12:01 PM
O'Leary was drafted to help improve Sexy Rexy's golf swing!

His nickname has to be "Cow"...

mysticsoto
05-05-2015, 01:46 PM

If he doesn't commit a penalty every time he's on the field, then he's already better than Smith!

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-06-2015, 07:28 AM
Jack Nicklaus' grandson.
Plus he went to Harvard.