PDA

View Full Version : Well, why would anyone have some optimism...

Mace
05-02-2015, 04:54 PM
I know what you're thinking, "Mace, you are cranky and opinionated, and seem happy to be cranky and opinionated, why would you seem to be optimistic, and btw, how can I achieve your success, meet some of those gorgeous women you hang around with and get in so much trouble in so many countries and still be allowed to start those corporations in them to leech off their economies and make even more trouble to get into ?

Well, funny you should ask...the women, trouble, and corporations are none of your business, but I'll give you a clue, Pez Dispensers.

But why am I optimistic about the Bills you are wondering, and have every right to ask since it is a Bills board...

-I was entirely certain wing-t (look it up), terribly incoherent color analyst Marv Levy was the worst coaching hire I could ever imagine.
-I think this version of the organization is actually on the same page whether or not it's the chapter I wanted.
-We're stuck with it anyway for a few years so may as well save the aggravation for down the road and be happy for now before anything conclusively bad happens during the season.

I know there are other people leaning optimistic if Yardrat hasn't soured them with his bad vibes, ill humors and disharmonious vapors, so why is anyone else optimistic ? Share your joy, be happy in this thread for the future glory of titles, until it descends to sniping and decades of past angst reopened like a fresh smack of that pipe on your already broken arm...

The Jokeman
05-02-2015, 05:17 PM
I'm glad we didn't take a QB, why? because it means we're going to finally answer this season whether or not EJ is going to be our QB for the immediate future or not. As if he can't beat out Cassel than we know we're going to be looking at other options in 2016. Yet if he does beat out Cassel than to me we're moving in the right direction as we saw a Cassel type last year in Orton who almost got us to the playoffs so if EJ beats that out than we have a young QB to count on.

I think we brought in guys who can fit in as role players which this team needs. As our 1st pick is going to give us a potential top 2 CB to develop and who can step in at least replace an undersized nickle back we have in Roby and also add something as a return man or guy to at least offer Harvin a chance to contribute more on offense. Our 3rd Rounder is a guy who fits what this team wants to do on the O-line. In the 5th we got a RB who won't be pressured to do much in 2015 but develop and replace a fan favorite in Fred Jackson in 2016 as our #2 RB. We added a great college prospect who is familiar with playing ST. We also nabbed a TE who should be able to compete for the #2 spot but ideally be the #3 and let us sign a guy like Gresham on the cheap after May 12. Our last pick at the very least gives us some size at the WR that people have cried we've lacked. With Harvin now our #3 WR maybe this kid can replace Hogan and be a better development guy that might turn out replacing Robert Woods if he elects to go greener pastures in 2017.

Buffalogic
05-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Why would we take a qb in this draft class? Why? So we can get in on the Brian Brohm flame out train? Would u actually want to start some 4th round rookie?

Best to wait and not force it.

YardRat
05-02-2015, 06:55 PM
I know there are other people leaning optimistic if Yardrat hasn't soured them

I don't have that kind of influence around here, although I should.

with his bad vibes, ill humors and disharmonious vapors,

You're starting to sound like my wife.

Night Train
05-02-2015, 07:02 PM
I miss the Ralph days where we went cheap on coaches, made little to no moves in FA and finished a comfortable 7-9.

Oh wait...that's why I gave up my tickets..

ublinkwescore
05-02-2015, 07:07 PM
I honestly have absolutely zero faith in EJ. We need to throw our entire draft at a legitimate, semi young, already successful franchise nfl qb the next time a drew brees is available because we sure as shi+ can't draft one.

Mace
05-02-2015, 07:08 PM
I don't have that kind of influence around here, although I should.

You're starting to sound like my wife.

We'll laugh about it in a year hopefully, best at your expense. Otherwise it makes me look bad, which is unfortunate, imho.

justasportsfan
05-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Marrone is gone, nuff said

WagonCircler
05-02-2015, 07:30 PM
I'm glad we didn't take a QB, why? because it means we're going to finally answer this season whether or not EJ is going to be our QB for the immediate future or not..

As they say in a courtroom, asked and answered.

WagonCircler
05-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Why would we take a qb in this draft class? Why? So we can get in on the Brian Brohm flame out train? Would u actually want to start some 4th round rookie?

Best to wait and not force it.

We should take a QB in every draft, until we get it right. Not every late round pick is Brian Brohm, just like not every first round pick is successful. Some are massive failures. See Manuel, EJ.

BertSquirtgum
05-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Playing with boobs makes me optimistic. The Bills not drafting quarterback makes me pessimistic. They should at least ****ing try to find a starting quarterback. Having a bunch of second stringers year after year blows hard ****. Maybe, by some miracle, Jesus will smile down on us Bills fans and TT will become the black Tom Brady.

Jry44
05-03-2015, 06:37 AM
I'm glad we didn't take a QB, why? because it means we're going to finally answer this season whether or not EJ is going to be our QB for the immediate future or not. As if he can't beat out Cassel than we know we're going to be looking at other options in 2016. Yet if he does beat out Cassel than to me we're moving in the right direction as we saw a Cassel type last year in Orton who almost got us to the playoffs so if EJ beats that out than we have a young QB to count on.

I think we brought in guys who can fit in as role players which this team needs. As our 1st pick is going to give us a potential top 2 CB to develop and who can step in at least replace an undersized nickle back we have in Roby and also add something as a return man or guy to at least offer Harvin a chance to contribute more on offense. Our 3rd Rounder is a guy who fits what this team wants to do on the O-line. In the 5th we got a RB who won't be pressured to do much in 2015 but develop and replace a fan favorite in Fred Jackson in 2016 as our #2 RB. We added a great college prospect who is familiar with playing ST. We also nabbed a TE who should be able to compete for the #2 spot but ideally be the #3 and let us sign a guy like Gresham on the cheap after May 12. Our last pick at the very least gives us some size at the WR that people have cried we've lacked. With Harvin now our #3 WR maybe this kid can replace Hogan and be a better development guy that might turn out replacing Robert Woods if he elects to go greener pastures in 2017.

Because taking any of the quarterbacks available after the first two were gone would have been a lateral move at best. In that case, I'll take a veteran over a piss poor rookie.

This was one of the worst drafts for QB's in the last 20 years. Why waste the pick?

Jry44
05-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Playing with boobs makes me optimistic. The Bills not drafting quarterback makes me pessimistic. They should at least ****ing try to find a starting quarterback. Having a bunch of second stringers year after year blows hard ****. Maybe, by some miracle, Jesus will smile down on us Bills fans and TT will become the black Tom Brady.

This explains so much....

Mr. Pink
05-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Taking Hundley or Petty wouldn't have been a lateral move. They both have upside, this roster has one QB with upside and everyone is pretty much done with him anyway.

Cassel is who he is, which isn't good enough. Taylor will never be an NFL caliber QB. Manuel has to have some upside because what we've seen so far can't be all he actually is, can it?

Zoneblitser
05-03-2015, 09:54 AM
My biggest concern is that we will take a Florida State Qb seeing that is the extent of our scouting department.

HHURRICANE
05-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Taking Hundley or Petty wouldn't have been a lateral move. They both have upside, this roster has one QB with upside and everyone is pretty much done with him anyway.

Cassel is who he is, which isn't good enough. Taylor will never be an NFL caliber QB. Manuel has to have some upside because what we've seen so far can't be all he actually is, can it?

Weak QB class...plain and simple. The only job that would have been at risk was Tuel's.

Meathead
05-03-2015, 10:02 AM
yeah i dont get all the negativity, but i usually dont

rexys defenses need corners. so he took one that slid due to questionable character, and who should be able to start or at least platoon the nickel slot this coming season. next pick was right in the heart of the need section at guard. he should be in the mix for the starting job or a quality backup this coming season

boom. boom.

woulda been nice to snag a dev qb but obviously the guys they wanted werent available when they picked. plus, they got exactly what they wanted in free agency - a reliable baseline veteran for insurance, and rexys personal boner for some reason for tyrod. so they are essentially all-in on the guys they got this year regardless of who they could possibly have drafted. i do agree theyve needed to get a qb in the pipeline for a long time, but of all the seasons not to draft a qb this was a good one

after the first two picks its just bpa all the way. the chances of any of them sticking are small, with perhaps the rb having the best chance bc they are definitely cutting freddie. they could still find more oline candidates in udfas bc oline is the unit that finds the most players that way. they also still have cuts coming that could help them shore up oline depth

now if ej can finally emerge as a viable weapon this is easily a playoff squad. if not, then cassel will give you that base production you need to be a contender. personally i doubt tyrod is going to be a factor but hey u neva no

so yeah excited about the season, cant wait

sudzy
05-03-2015, 10:11 AM
As they say in a courtroom, asked and answered.

Some fans just have their heads buried in the sand. He could start next year (God I hope not) and fail miserably. Some fans would say, "maybe if we got him a RT", "maybe if we use him like this other QB", "maybe he needed a year to learn Roman's system." I'm glad we're finally going to learn if EJ is the QB of the future. :shoothead:

Jry44
05-03-2015, 10:27 AM

Not a lateral move? How the hell do you figure? Both ended up being mid and late round picks with serious flaws. You're dreaming and kidding yourself if you think either of these guys as rookies would be better than what we currently have on the roster this year.

I'm not discounting that we need a better player at that position. However the answer wasn't in this draft.

Jry44
05-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Some fans just have their heads buried in the sand. He could start next year (God I hope not) and fail miserably. Some fans would say, "maybe if we got him a RT", "maybe if we use him like this other QB", "maybe he needed a year to learn Roman's system." I'm glad we're finally going to learn if EJ is the QB of the future. :shoothead:

I don't think that very many still believe that Ej is our quarterback of the future. I think that some DO realize that after tgethe first two picks that there weren't any players left that are any better than Ej.

Meathead
05-03-2015, 11:07 AM
i believe ej MAY be our qb of the future. at best maybe 50% chance but still a chance

we know cassel isnt that guy, hes the qb of the emergency situation. and tyrod, well im not sure wtf he is. seems super unlikely he will be a franchise guy but you never know i guess

therefore, ej starts the season. if he doesnt show immediate improvement and effectiveness, then you go with mr emergency

BertSquirtgum
05-03-2015, 01:44 PM
This explains so much....

This post tells me you're gay.

Jry44
05-03-2015, 03:12 PM
This post tells me you're gay.

My wife and two kids disagree....

Moving on from personal attacks...

Albany,n.y.
05-03-2015, 04:23 PM

Just because you haven't thrown a pass in the NFL doesn't mean you have upside. If it does then we all have upside and should be competing for the QB job. What makes you think that Hundley & Petty who have never been to a camp have more upside than Tyrod Taylor who has made an actual NFL roster these past 4 years and whose offensive coordinator from last year wanted him to join him in Denver?

Mace
05-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Hm, I asked why would anyone have optimism, for the sake of well, hope. I'm not seeing much of it. People can't be that certain we are doomed already in May, with a brand new coaching staff and some fixins to suit it ?

I can see why people would be dubious or wary, or suspecting the worst just because of past precedent, but this few people actually have any level of hope already ?

BertSquirtgum
05-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Bills are going 11-5 and winning the AFC east division this year.

Mace
05-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Bills are going 11-5 and winning the AFC east division this year.

Heh.

Meathead
05-03-2015, 07:02 PM
sure would be mega cool of tyrod emerged as a legit player. i seriously doubt it but one of these times it might happen for us. rex sure seems to like him. but rex sure seemed to like tebow then proceeded to never use him. so theres that

Mace
05-03-2015, 07:08 PM
sure would be mega cool of tyrod emerged as a legit player. i seriously doubt it but one of these times it might happen for us. rex sure seems to like him. but rex sure seemed to like tebow then proceeded to never use him. so theres that

That's not real optimistic. See, optimistic would be, Tyrod Taylor can emerge as a legit player and it would be mega cool.

YardRat
05-03-2015, 07:59 PM
I really like a couple of the UDFA's we brought in...I'm optimistic one or two of them will have a bigger impact on the team this season than most of our draft choices.

Mace
05-03-2015, 08:54 PM
I really like a couple of the UDFA's we brought in...I'm optimistic one or two of them will have a bigger impact on the team this season than most of our draft choices.

Got to have some hope or it is hopeless. Blue skies visions of maybe are fine in May. I'm liking WR Davis, LB Tarpley, DE Reed, and DL Hamilton, myself...

Oaf
05-04-2015, 01:19 AM
2016 will be our year for a QB.. hopefully.

Joe Fo Sho
05-04-2015, 07:05 AM
2016 will be our year for a QB.. hopefully.

Do you think one will fall to us with the 32nd pick?

SpikedLemonade
05-04-2015, 07:09 AM
I am optimistic that this team's floor is much higher than it was last year or for the past 10 years.

I don't think this team can lose more than 8 games.

I see us ending up anywhere from 12-4 to 8-8.

We have a true shot at making the play-offs.