Well, why would anyone have some optimism...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Well, why would anyone have some optimism...

I know what you're thinking, "Mace, you are cranky and opinionated, and seem happy to be cranky and opinionated, why would you seem to be optimistic, and btw, how can I achieve your success, meet some of those gorgeous women you hang around with and get in so much trouble in so many countries and still be allowed to start those corporations in them to leech off their economies and make even more trouble to get into ?

Well, funny you should ask...the women, trouble, and corporations are none of your business, but I'll give you a clue, Pez Dispensers.

But why am I optimistic about the Bills you are wondering, and have every right to ask since it is a Bills board...

-I was entirely certain wing-t (look it up), terribly incoherent color analyst Marv Levy was the worst coaching hire I could ever imagine.
    -I think this version of the organization is actually on the same page whether or not it's the chapter I wanted.
    -We're stuck with it anyway for a few years so may as well save the aggravation for down the road and be happy for now before anything conclusively bad happens during the season.

I know there are other people leaning optimistic if Yardrat hasn't soured them with his bad vibes, ill humors and disharmonious vapors, so why is anyone else optimistic ? Share your joy, be happy in this thread for the future glory of titles, until it descends to sniping and decades of past angst reopened like a fresh smack of that pipe on your already broken arm...
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Well, why would anyone have some optimism...

I'm glad we didn't take a QB, why? because it means we're going to finally answer this season whether or not EJ is going to be our QB for the immediate future or not. As if he can't beat out Cassel than we know we're going to be looking at other options in 2016. Yet if he does beat out Cassel than to me we're moving in the right direction as we saw a Cassel type last year in Orton who almost got us to the playoffs so if EJ beats that out than we have a young QB to count on.

I think we brought in guys who can fit in as role players which this team needs. As our 1st pick is going to give us a potential top 2 CB to develop and who can step in at least replace an undersized nickle back we have in Roby and also add something as a return man or guy to at least offer Harvin a chance to contribute more on offense. Our 3rd Rounder is a guy who fits what this team wants to do on the O-line. In the 5th we got a RB who won't be pressured to do much in 2015 but develop and replace a fan favorite in Fred Jackson in 2016 as our #2 RB. We added a great college prospect who is familiar with playing ST. We also nabbed a TE who should be able to compete for the #2 spot but ideally be the #3 and let us sign a guy like Gresham on the cheap after May 12. Our last pick at the very least gives us some size at the WR that people have cried we've lacked. With Harvin now our #3 WR maybe this kid can replace Hogan and be a better development guy that might turn out replacing Robert Woods if he elects to go greener pastures in 2017.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Why would we take a qb in this draft class? Why? So we can get in on the Brian Brohm flame out train? Would u actually want to start some 4th round rookie?

Best to wait and not force it.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        I know there are other people leaning optimistic if Yardrat hasn't soured them
        I don't have that kind of influence around here, although I should.

with his bad vibes, ill humors and disharmonious vapors,
        You're starting to sound like my wife.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I miss the Ralph days where we went cheap on coaches, made little to no moves in FA and finished a comfortable 7-9.

Oh wait...that's why I gave up my tickets..
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

I honestly have absolutely zero faith in EJ. We need to throw our entire draft at a legitimate, semi young, already successful franchise nfl qb the next time a drew brees is available because we sure as shi+ can't draft one.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              I don't have that kind of influence around here, although I should.

You're starting to sound like my wife.
              We'll laugh about it in a year hopefully, best at your expense. Otherwise it makes me look bad, which is unfortunate, imho.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Marrone is gone, nuff said
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  I'm glad we didn't take a QB, why? because it means we're going to finally answer this season whether or not EJ is going to be our QB for the immediate future or not..
                  As they say in a courtroom, asked and answered.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                    Why would we take a qb in this draft class? Why? So we can get in on the Brian Brohm flame out train? Would u actually want to start some 4th round rookie?

Best to wait and not force it.

We should take a QB in every draft, until we get it right. Not every late round pick is Brian Brohm, just like not every first round pick is successful. Some are massive failures. See Manuel, EJ.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Playing with boobs makes me optimistic. The Bills not drafting quarterback makes me pessimistic. They should at least ****ing try to find a starting quarterback. Having a bunch of second stringers year after year blows hard ****. Maybe, by some miracle, Jesus will smile down on us Bills fans and TT will become the black Tom Brady.

Comment

• Jry44
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                        I'm glad we didn't take a QB, why? because it means we're going to finally answer this season whether or not EJ is going to be our QB for the immediate future or not. As if he can't beat out Cassel than we know we're going to be looking at other options in 2016. Yet if he does beat out Cassel than to me we're moving in the right direction as we saw a Cassel type last year in Orton who almost got us to the playoffs so if EJ beats that out than we have a young QB to count on.

I think we brought in guys who can fit in as role players which this team needs. As our 1st pick is going to give us a potential top 2 CB to develop and who can step in at least replace an undersized nickle back we have in Roby and also add something as a return man or guy to at least offer Harvin a chance to contribute more on offense. Our 3rd Rounder is a guy who fits what this team wants to do on the O-line. In the 5th we got a RB who won't be pressured to do much in 2015 but develop and replace a fan favorite in Fred Jackson in 2016 as our #2 RB. We added a great college prospect who is familiar with playing ST. We also nabbed a TE who should be able to compete for the #2 spot but ideally be the #3 and let us sign a guy like Gresham on the cheap after May 12. Our last pick at the very least gives us some size at the WR that people have cried we've lacked. With Harvin now our #3 WR maybe this kid can replace Hogan and be a better development guy that might turn out replacing Robert Woods if he elects to go greener pastures in 2017.
                        Because taking any of the quarterbacks available after the first two were gone would have been a lateral move at best. In that case, I'll take a veteran over a piss poor rookie.

This was one of the worst drafts for QB's in the last 20 years. Why waste the pick?

Comment

• Jry44
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                          Playing with boobs makes me optimistic. The Bills not drafting quarterback makes me pessimistic. They should at least ****ing try to find a starting quarterback. Having a bunch of second stringers year after year blows hard ****. Maybe, by some miracle, Jesus will smile down on us Bills fans and TT will become the black Tom Brady.
                          This explains so much....

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Taking Hundley or Petty wouldn't have been a lateral move. They both have upside, this roster has one QB with upside and everyone is pretty much done with him anyway.

Cassel is who he is, which isn't good enough. Taylor will never be an NFL caliber QB. Manuel has to have some upside because what we've seen so far can't be all he actually is, can it?

Comment

• Zoneblitser
                              • Apr 2015

My biggest concern is that we will take a Florida State Qb seeing that is the extent of our scouting department.

Comment

Working...
                              X