PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe wants more balance

LouGrant
09-14-2002, 09:47 AM
Bills Team Report: Bledsoe wants more balance
Sportsnetwork.com
9/14/02
Buffalo Bills Week 2 Team Report

(Sports Network) - Drew Bledsoe's debut in Buffalo was overshadowed by careless special teams play and poor pass defense that caused the Bills to suffer a heartbreaking 37-31 overtime defeat against the division rival New York Jets in Week 1. There were just as many positives as there were negatives for the Bills last week though, and Bledsoe led a powerful offensive charge that included a 149-yard game from RB Travis Henry to enter this Sunday's game against the Vikings with optimism.

Look for the Bills to have more urgency heading into this Sunday's contest after their frustrating defeat a week ago. Minnesota will need to play mistake-free football to keep up with the new-look Bills, and that formula has been tough to find for the young Vikes in the past. However, history is against Buffalo this week since the franchise is 0-3 all-time in Minnesota.

There were points in last week's game when Bledsoe looked a bit uncomfortable, and others when he was seen taking complete control of the offense and providing motivational speeches on the sidelines. It will take time for the former Patriot to get rid of his hesitation and iron out the few remaining glitches in Buffalo's offensive program, but the unit is already well on its way to hitting its stride.

Bledsoe believes that reaching maximum output will be determined by all of his skill players finding a comfort zone with the QB and develop a rapport. The trigger man is just 72 passing yards shy of 30,000 career yards. If he reaches the milestone this week, he will tie Green Bay's Brett Favre for the third- quickest player to reach the mark (126 games).
...MORE... (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/ABN2227917.htm)

TigerJ
09-14-2002, 11:50 AM
I'm not blaming you, since you're only reporting what someone else wrote, but what does the title have to do with the article? Also, how was the Bills game "unbalanced" last week? Maybe the writer figures the special teams miscues contributed to unbalancing things.

Dozerdog
09-14-2002, 12:36 PM
I think last week was perfectly balanced, and Bledsoe wants more of it.

Kinda like "I ate 20 wings"

"I want more wings"

Ð
09-14-2002, 05:11 PM
And some blue cheese dressing on the side