PDA

View Full Version : LeSean McCoy took his bitterness toward Chip Kelly to a new evel

justasportsfan
05-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Someone needs to shut his mouth

"The relationship was never really great," McCoy said about Kelly to Rodak. "I feel like I always respected him as a coach. I think that's the way he runs his team. He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That's the truth. There's a reason. ... It's hard to explain with him. But there's a reason he got rid of all the black players -- the good ones -- like that."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/lesean-mccoy-says-chip-kelly-got-rid-of--all-the-black-players-150855617.html

casdhf
05-06-2015, 12:49 PM
And he signed white scrubs to replace all them blacks ... like DeMarco Murray. Wait ...

Bill Cody
05-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Ok this guy needs to STFU now, enough already

SpikedLemonade
05-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Some people get quickly offended when others are called racists.

I wonder why?

Let McCoy speak his mind.

Night Train
05-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Obviously, he'll never split the atom.

These guys today are mostly entitled mercenaries with a twitter account brain.

I buy Bills gear but never individual jerseys anymore. My Kemp, Alworth and Butkus jerseys are good enough for me. They'd bleed to win a game while being paid a ham sandwich. I miss those days.

Todays players are just wealthy talents passing through.

justasportsfan
05-06-2015, 01:08 PM

I wonder why?

I'm not offended. I just don't see how he has a leg to stand on especially when Chip Kelly just paid more money for a black rb to replace him.Signed more black FA's and drafted more black guys. He's nothing but bitter. He can show his bitterness on the field.

better days
05-06-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm not offended. I just don't see how he has a leg to stand on especially when Chip Kelly just paid more money for a black rb to replace him.Signed more black FA's and drafted more black guys. He's nothing but bitter. He can show his bitterness on the field.

I can't wait to see that.

EDS
05-06-2015, 01:17 PM
I hope Shady runs as well on the field as he runs his mouth off the field.

At the same time, you wonder if Kelly is going to be successful if he continues to jettison every prima donna on the team, because talent does matter in the NFL.

trapezeus
05-06-2015, 02:17 PM
kelly seems stuck as a college QB. just cut people you don't think you can work with and bring in your guys only. that works when you control everything in college. it doesn't really work in the NFL. look at parcells. he'd bring the same one or two guys he trusted in certain roles, but always adapted outside of that. he tried to work with the superstars.

that being said, lesean is beginning to feel like the girl who keeps tellin gyou she's totally over the ex but keeps bringing him up. too much talk. it comes off that you are insulted to be on the bills.

guys move teams all the time and they deal with it better.

run for 100yards the first game, no one will care.
struggle the first 2 weeks, this is going to get ugly.
thats my prediction.

CleveSteve
05-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Oh man... that's shady.

Joe Fo Sho
05-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Oh man... that's shady.

Shady gon' shade.

Bill Cody
05-06-2015, 03:13 PM

I wonder why?

What he's saying is ridiculous on it's face. This is the NFL, not the SEC of the 1950's. Chip Kelly wants to win, period end of story. NFL HC's are probably the most hyper competitive group on planet earth and that's really not an exagerration. All McCoy is doing is embarrassing himself and by extension the Bills. So no, I don't want to hear him speak his mind. He sounds like an imbecile.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-06-2015, 03:33 PM
I think it's residual bitterness over the Riley Cooper situation and cutting Desean Jackson. McCoy was apparently close friends with the latter.

Novacane
05-06-2015, 03:45 PM
He has a chip on his shoulder no pun intended. I'm glad. I like players on my team who are out to prove someone wrong!

Buffalogic
05-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Steve Spurrier 2.0 is dumb for sure, could be a racist, but confirmed dumb egomaniac at the very least.

SpikedLemonade
05-06-2015, 03:52 PM
What he's saying is ridiculous on it's face. This is the NFL, not the SEC of the 1950's. Chip Kelly wants to win, period end of story. NFL HC's are probably the most hyper competitive group on planet earth and that's really not an exagerration. All McCoy is doing is embarrassing himself and by extension the Bills. So no, I don't want to hear him speak his mind. He sounds like an imbecile.

Why is it an embarrassment to the Bills?

They don't control what he says. He is a professional athlete and can say what he wants short of tarnishing the shield.

Clearly he feels comfortable talking about race relations and has a different perspective than perhaps others do.

Others want to pretend that race is no longer an issue in America. They just happen to be in the vast majority White. That is fine with them and their beliefs don't offend me.

BuffaloRedleg
05-06-2015, 03:59 PM
I actually think it's pretty funny and entertaining to see him call Chip out.

It's better than listening to a bunch of hockey players talking about playing 60 minutes of hockey and giving 110%, and that's coming from a person who loves hockey.

OMFG a black person has a controversial thing to say about race relations, white people lose their minds.

They asked a question and he answered it.

BuffaloRedleg
05-06-2015, 04:01 PM

I don't think he's saying he hates black people, he is saying that he hates the type of black people that are stars and have personality.

You can think what you want about those types of players, but that's how I took it as well.

Kelly is trying to build a team that plays a system and isn't as concerned with catering to star players, and we'll see if that ever works out for him.

elltrain22
05-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Stupid interview, equals chip (no pun intended) on his shoulder. Imho, shady is going to have a career year

HHURRICANE
05-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Richie Cognito meet your new running back.

Ingtar33
05-06-2015, 05:24 PM
this isn't a new accusation. certain "un named eagles" still on the team have claimed this same thing before shady got dealt. I don't think it's that he doesn't want black players on his team. I think he doesn't want anyone with a "strong" locker room presence on his team. He's doing the college coach power trip that seems to catch most college coaches coming to the nfl. He expects the players to worship him like a god and kicks out the players who don't.

Jry44
05-06-2015, 07:59 PM
I for the life of me can't understand the Chip Kelly obsession...

I get that his offenses are fun to watch, but how many titles does he have at any level? And WHY is he such a genius?

As for Shadys comments.... what ever. They make absolutely no sense. But he has a constitutional right to say what he wants, so let him. It doesn't effect his on field performance.

Mace
05-06-2015, 08:59 PM
this isn't a new accusation. certain "un named eagles" still on the team have claimed this same thing before shady got dealt. I don't think it's that he doesn't want black players on his team. I think he doesn't want anyone with a "strong" locker room presence on his team. He's doing the college coach power trip that seems to catch most college coaches coming to the nfl. He expects the players to worship him like a god and kicks out the players who don't.

If, by strong locker room presence, you mean a 26 year old man acting like a spoiled child, sure. For a pro athlete coming to a team who really wanted him, a team that sweetened his deal in not-the-age-of-the-rb, and intends to make him the centerpiece of their offense, well...he's not seeming to be adding a lot of much besides crybaby to us, atm.

McCoy has done enough interviews in his career where he should have some maturity and not act like a child still having a fit because his parents failed to indulge him at the toy store. "But I WAAANTED that, not THIS." Waaaaah.

Doesn't even have anything to do with Kelly. How long is McCoy going to keep whining about it ?

Playing the race card is particularly spiteful and immature, like running up to a cop and telling him your parents abuse you because they wouldn't cater to you in the toy store.

Time for McCoy to man up and move along already. I'm not thinking we added much of a "strong locker room presence" by what I'd be expecting them to be adding in "strong locker room presence".

BuffaloRedleg
05-06-2015, 11:25 PM
If, by strong locker room presence, you mean a 26 year old man acting like a spoiled child, sure. For a pro athlete coming to a team who really wanted him, a team that sweetened his deal in not-the-age-of-the-rb, and intends to make him the centerpiece of their offense, well...he's not seeming to be adding a lot of much besides crybaby to us, atm.

McCoy has done enough interviews in his career where he should have some maturity and not act like a child still having a fit because his parents failed to indulge him at the toy store. "But I WAAANTED that, not THIS." Waaaaah.

Doesn't even have anything to do with Kelly. How long is McCoy going to keep whining about it ?

Playing the race card is particularly spiteful and immature, like running up to a cop and telling him your parents abuse you because they wouldn't cater to you in the toy store.

Time for McCoy to man up and move along already. I'm not thinking we added much of a "strong locker room presence" by what I'd be expecting them to be adding in "strong locker room presence".

I get what you are saying and I agree he needs to leave it on the field and let it go (play your best game against the Eagles), but they asked a question and he answered it honestly. Don't you know people who make everything an argument? We all do. Those people are annoying and are not fun at parties but that's just the way they are. Hell, there are people on this site who are the same damn way. His job now is to take that and show it on the field why coaches who want system players and not "stars" on their team.

Us Buffalonians hate those people yet we are a city made entirely of loud pains in the ass (I know, I'm one of them).

Transfer it to the field and it's all good. You are allowed to be political, but you better back it up.

That's what matters.

Historian
05-07-2015, 03:58 AM
These guys today are mostly entitled mercenaries with a twitter account brain.

Now that was ****ing funny!

I buy Bills gear but never individual jerseys anymore. My Kemp, Alworth and Butkus jerseys are good enough for me. They'd bleed to win a game while being paid a ham sandwich. I miss those days.

Indeed. This is my philosophy too.

Kelly (2), Ferguson, Kemp, Haslett, and Elway. I hope to get a Walter Payton later this season.

The rest are just blank Bills jersies.

Sabres: Perreault.

Anybody recent isn't worth the money.

justasportsfan
05-07-2015, 08:27 AM

I can see him pulling a Saban and leaving the eagles to go back to college.

Joe Fo Sho
05-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Indeed. This is my philosophy too.

Kelly (2), Ferguson, Kemp, Haslett, and Elway. I hope to get a Walter Payton later this season.

The rest are just blank Bills jersies.

Sabres: Perreault.

Anybody recent isn't worth the money.

I'm buying a McCoy jersey only because I want to wear it when I go to Philly to go to the Bills game down there. The more smack that this guy talks the more crap I'm going to get from the fans down there. It's gonna be great.

Bill Cody
05-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Why is it an embarrassment to the Bills?

They don't control what he says. He is a professional athlete and can say what he wants short of tarnishing the shield.

Clearly he feels comfortable talking about race relations and has a different perspective than perhaps others do.

Others want to pretend that race is no longer an issue in America. They just happen to be in the vast majority White. That is fine with them and their beliefs don't offend me.

He's not talking about race relations. He's making stuff up out of whole cloth that doesn't pass the laugh test. Race is certainly a problem in this country so I hope you're not putting me in the "others" category. But it has nothing to do with the way Chip Kelly has handled the Eagles, McCoy just can't handle being traded. It's embarrassing to the Bills because WE TRADED FOR THIS GUY and he sounds bitter and dumb. We don't control him sure. By that logic OJ isn't an embarrassment either, right?

Bill Cody
05-07-2015, 09:02 AM

Maybe so. On the other hand he may be trying to build a certain culture on the team. Every coach wants as much control as he can get let's be honest. And by control I mean "buy in" to their system. NE has jettisoned plenty of guys that didn't go for the "Patriot Way". It's all going to come down to W's and L's. If he wins they will kiss his ring, if he loses all the built up jealousies and resentments will flow like a river. That's the league.

SpikedLemonade
05-07-2015, 09:36 AM
He's not talking about race relations. He's making stuff up out of whole cloth that doesn't pass the laugh test. Race is certainly a problem in this country so I hope you're not putting me in the "others" category. But it has nothing to do with the way Chip Kelly has handled the Eagles, McCoy just can't handle being traded. It's embarrassing to the Bills because WE TRADED FOR THIS GUY and he sounds bitter and dumb. We don't control him sure. By that logic OJ isn't an embarrassment either, right?

I would hope you can see the difference between murdering 2 people and indirectly calling someone a racist.

YardRat
05-07-2015, 04:51 PM

The ESPN article that was linked in this forum earlier in the year (written and published while Shady was still an Eagle) seemed to indicate that McCoy had completely bought into Kelly's program, and McCoy spoke extremely highly of Chip. Don't know if it bordered on 'worship', but it certainly wasn't antagonistic or even apathetic.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-07-2015, 06:18 PM
The ESPN article that was linked in this forum earlier in the year (written and published while Shady was still an Eagle) seemed to indicate that McCoy had completely bought into Kelly's program, and McCoy spoke extremely highly of Chip. Don't know if it bordered on 'worship', but it certainly wasn't antagonistic or even apathetic.

Missing the playoffs and refusing to extend a contract can have a major effect on a players opinion of a coach.

Mace
05-07-2015, 06:22 PM
I get what you are saying and I agree he needs to leave it on the field and let it go (play your best game against the Eagles), but they asked a question and he answered it honestly. Don't you know people who make everything an argument? We all do. Those people are annoying and are not fun at parties but that's just the way they are. Hell, there are people on this site who are the same damn way. His job now is to take that and show it on the field why coaches who want system players and not "stars" on their team.

Us Buffalonians hate those people yet we are a city made entirely of loud pains in the ass (I know, I'm one of them).

Transfer it to the field and it's all good. You are allowed to be political, but you better back it up.

That's what matters.

I don't mind loud pains the ass. '90's Bills were full of them. Whole team was a pain in the ass to the NFL. Just so.

But this is crybaby stuff. Sure I can understand him venting at first but now it should be about being here. There's a progression here.
-1st : McCoy says Kelly doesn't like or respect star players.
-2nd : McCoy says Kelly doesn't like good players.
-3rd : McCoy says Kelly doesn't like good, black players.

Easy and obvious response to all 3, is one name. DeMarco Murray. McCoy is oblivious to it. My pattern of logic leads me to wonder if McCoy is oblivious to reasoning out things that don't suit him. There is the obvious, and there is McCoy obvious. There is one standard for other people, and McCoy figures he gets his own.

But...here's a life comparison analogy. Someone breaks up with a gf/wife, gets a new one, keeps going on about the old one. You keep listening to it. You're going to reach some conclusions.

What would I like to hear if I'm Terry Pegula, or a thoughtful Rex Ryan, or a new teammate, or even just me, a fan...

"Well, I loved playing in Philly and enjoyed having a chance to work with Chip Kelly for the fans. He must have wanted to head in a new direction, and you'd have to ask him his thoughts on why, I was happy there. Now, I'm in a place that wanted me, has made me feel welcome, and I'm looking forward to working with Rex Ryan for the fans. Those were my old colors, I have new ones now. My best to Chip, the team, and the fans, but I look forward to making them miss me."

McCoy is just being McCoy. Unless there are multiple McCoys running his brain, which presents a different set of issues, he's going to pout a lot when things do not go well.

I think, he'll be whining about something by November, struggles to get to 1k yards, blames the line subtly while trying to bounce to the outside like Spiller did way more than people expect, and keeps whining about Kelly through next offseason. "He stole my sneakers, took my mail, misadjusted my rearviews in the parking lot...I saw him kick a child, steal money from a blind man, jaywalk, throw a rock at a streetlight, and he sewed the sleeves shut on my coat, rang my doorbell then ran away, and put cellophane on my toilet so I peed all over myself and my bathroom in the night after he made me drink 2 quarts of water before bedtime."

When the Bills dump him to some terrible team, he'll start up about Ryan and Roman.

He's vented plenty, he needs to shut up and dazzle us all now.

WagonCircler
05-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Everyone's dancing around the issue. I can't stand by anymore. Here's the elephant in the room:

Black culture teaches hatred towards white people and it blames white people for every problem that befalls their community.

Now, of course, not all black people buy into this line of bull****, but pea-brained *******s like Shady are all-in. He's down for the shtruggle.

So when a drill sergeant control freak like Chip Kelly weeds out the malcontents, he of course becomes David Duke--facts be damned. So what if he replaced Mcoy's ignorant ass with another black player. The facts don't matter. Just like "Hands up don't shoot" only the sound bite matters.

This is the new reality. Facts don't matter.

Mace
05-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Everyone's dancing around the issue. I can't stand by anymore. Here's the elephant in the room:

Black culture teaches hatred towards white people and it blames white people for every problem that befalls their community.

Now, of course, not all black people buy into this line of bull****, but pea-brained *******s like Shady are all-in. He's down for the shtruggle.

So when a drill sergeant control freak like Chip Kelly weeds out the malcontents, he of course becomes David Duke--facts be damned. So what if he replaced Mcoy's ignorant ass with another black player. The facts don't matter. Just like "Hands up don't shoot" only the sound bite matters.

This is the new reality. Facts don't matter.

Can't really agree with this. I think McCoy more belongs to the subset of every culture where the world is all about them and you're lucky if they tolerate you in it.

Well, Kelly doesn't like star players, then good players, then good black players.....he's homing in on his point, Kelly doesn't like LeSean McCoy and LeSean McCoy is someone everyone needs to like, and why wouldn't you, because he's the shiznit.

yordad
05-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Do the eagles have any loud brash white guys? Maybe be hates brash guys, not black guys.

Ingtar33
05-07-2015, 09:04 PM

well if you consider all the "help" the African American community gets from their elected white democrat politicians/leaders/hucksters/racebaters plus you know slavery and all that jazz, you could say that compiled together the white devil is at the heart of many African American problems. Listen, I work hand in hand on a daily basis with kids one step away from homelessness, the crack house or death row. This is reality for many of these young inner city athletes. I would be a terrible football coach if i didn't know where they came from or what types of homes (or cars) they grew up in. In many cases these guy's football coaches are the only male "authority" figure... father figure... they've ever had in their life.

Frankly it amazes me many of these kids get out of the ghetto alive. Frankly the deck is straight up stacked against them from the moment they're born (often long before they're born).

So i tend to be a bit more forgiving of the offensive, inarticulate and inaccurate language that can come out of young men from the hood. It's not all a liberal conspiracy to hate on whitey. Sure it's language whipped up by racebaters, but there is enough truth in it that it grips the whole community pretty effectively. And while many people in the "hood" have no one to blame but themselves for where they end up when they're 30, how much of a chance did many of those men/women have when they grew up in a broken home, with an adict parent, went to schools with teachers who were happy if they didn't get shot by the time they went home, and who just rubber stamped them as "C" students straight through to graduation regardless of what they learned or didn't learn.

personally i think we need to find a way to fix the broken inner city family, fix the broken inner city community support structure and fix the broken schools. before we can reasonably expect anyone to come out of that situation with their head on straight and rational. Sure there are a few who make it out "whole, educated and well adjusted" but those are the exception not the rule.

WagonCircler
05-07-2015, 11:10 PM
In many cases these guy's football coaches are the only male "authority" figure... father figure... they've ever had in their life..

And there you have the real culprit.

It is, in fact, a liberal conspiracy, which goes way beyond race. It's about the destruction of the American family. The welfare state just started a few decades earlier for black people, letting black men off the hook for raising their children.

Want a microcosm? How about Baltimore?

"A new report released by the Family Research Council’s Marriage and Religion Research Institute (MARRI) says that only 16 percent of 15- to 17-year-old teens in Baltimore have been raised in an intact, married family"

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/report-only-16-baltimore-teens-raised-married-parents

And yes, it's Whitey's fault. Lyndon Johnson, for one.

Fix the broken inner city? Tall order. The inner city's version of being "fixed" is more and more entitlements. Because that's worked out SO well.

Baltimore spends the third-highest per capita on its public schools. How's that going?

But yeah, it's the "White Devil's" fault.

By the way, the inarticulate/inaccurate stuff--just symptoms of a greater disease. Inner city black kids are discouraged by their peers from succeeding in schools. Told they are "acting white."

Hip hop vilifies all but "thug life" which it glorifies.

TV and movies are hyper PC, unless you're bashing whitey. Then, by all means, bash away.

While scumbags like Sharpton purport to be leaders.

Yeah, but it's the white devil's fault.

YardRat
05-08-2015, 03:55 AM
Uh-oh...somebody left the door to the main forum open last night, and the Spin Zone snuck in.

YardRat
05-08-2015, 04:00 AM
Missing the playoffs and refusing to extend a contract can have a major effect on a players opinion of a coach.

True, but that's on Kelly not Shady if that is the case. To a point.

YardRat
05-08-2015, 04:07 AM
personally i think we need to find a way to fix the broken inner city family, fix the broken inner city community support structure and fix the broken schools. before we can reasonably expect anyone to come out of that situation with their head on straight and rational. Sure there are a few who make it out "whole, educated and well adjusted" but those are the exception not the rule.

God forbid anybody suggests tying benefits to education and employment in a manner that incentivizes participation in either opposed to being penalized.

Meathead
05-08-2015, 04:28 AM
And there you have the real culprit.

It is, in fact, a liberal conspiracy, which goes way beyond race. It's about the destruction of the American family. The welfare state just started a few decades earlier for black people, letting black men off the hook for raising their children.

Want a microcosm? How about Baltimore?

"A new report released by the Family Research Council’s Marriage and Religion Research Institute (MARRI) says that only 16 percent of 15- to 17-year-old teens in Baltimore have been raised in an intact, married family"

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/report-only-16-baltimore-teens-raised-married-parents

And yes, it's Whitey's fault. Lyndon Johnson, for one.

Fix the broken inner city? Tall order. The inner city's version of being "fixed" is more and more entitlements. Because that's worked out SO well.

Baltimore spends the third-highest per capita on its public schools. How's that going?

But yeah, it's the "White Devil's" fault.

By the way, the inarticulate/inaccurate stuff--just symptoms of a greater disease. Inner city black kids are discouraged by their peers from succeeding in schools. Told they are "acting white."

Hip hop vilifies all but "thug life" which it glorifies.

TV and movies are hyper PC, unless you're bashing whitey. Then, by all means, bash away.

While scumbags like Sharpton purport to be leaders.

Yeah, but it's the white devil's fault.

i am seriously confused

you called me a racist within the past twelve months for saying essentially this. not that im surprised since most american numnums get that wrong but something doesnt make sense, like maybe theres two wcs or something

wtf

Meathead
05-08-2015, 04:33 AM

yes we definitely do

but theres one key missing ingredient, and that is the societal attention on the personal responsibility aspect. all of the other stuff you said is true. it is ALSO true that we dont hold blacks accountable enough for their own bad choices, instead preferring to have a different set of rules for blacks when it comes to accountability

theres a magic bubble of teflon or something any time anyone tries to criticize any element of 'blackness', as if its all off limits. its not. some elements of our beloved blackness are indeed infested with total self-inflicted dysfunction. the bad gangsta stuff is a perfect example

bad cultural standards dont become less so simply bc they are black

Bill Cody
05-08-2015, 08:05 AM
I would hope you can see the difference between murdering 2 people and indirectly calling someone a racist.

You're missing my point, my guess is intentionally. You asked why he was embarrassing the Bills. I explained why.

BuffaloRedleg
05-08-2015, 08:29 AM
I don't mind loud pains the ass. '90's Bills were full of them. Whole team was a pain in the ass to the NFL. Just so.

But this is crybaby stuff. Sure I can understand him venting at first but now it should be about being here. There's a progression here.
-1st : McCoy says Kelly doesn't like or respect star players.
-2nd : McCoy says Kelly doesn't like good players.
-3rd : McCoy says Kelly doesn't like good, black players.

Easy and obvious response to all 3, is one name. DeMarco Murray. McCoy is oblivious to it. My pattern of logic leads me to wonder if McCoy is oblivious to reasoning out things that don't suit him. There is the obvious, and there is McCoy obvious. There is one standard for other people, and McCoy figures he gets his own.

But...here's a life comparison analogy. Someone breaks up with a gf/wife, gets a new one, keeps going on about the old one. You keep listening to it. You're going to reach some conclusions.

What would I like to hear if I'm Terry Pegula, or a thoughtful Rex Ryan, or a new teammate, or even just me, a fan...

"Well, I loved playing in Philly and enjoyed having a chance to work with Chip Kelly for the fans. He must have wanted to head in a new direction, and you'd have to ask him his thoughts on why, I was happy there. Now, I'm in a place that wanted me, has made me feel welcome, and I'm looking forward to working with Rex Ryan for the fans. Those were my old colors, I have new ones now. My best to Chip, the team, and the fans, but I look forward to making them miss me."

McCoy is just being McCoy. Unless there are multiple McCoys running his brain, which presents a different set of issues, he's going to pout a lot when things do not go well.

I think, he'll be whining about something by November, struggles to get to 1k yards, blames the line subtly while trying to bounce to the outside like Spiller did way more than people expect, and keeps whining about Kelly through next offseason. "He stole my sneakers, took my mail, misadjusted my rearviews in the parking lot...I saw him kick a child, steal money from a blind man, jaywalk, throw a rock at a streetlight, and he sewed the sleeves shut on my coat, rang my doorbell then ran away, and put cellophane on my toilet so I peed all over myself and my bathroom in the night after he made me drink 2 quarts of water before bedtime."

When the Bills dump him to some terrible team, he'll start up about Ryan and Roman.

He's vented plenty, he needs to shut up and dazzle us all now.

Well I guess we are at the point where we have to agree to disagree because it's all down to speculation.

I really believe that he's not talking about racism in the normal "I hate black people sense" it's more that Chip Kelly does not want colorful black athletes like him and Desean (loud mouth, prima dona etc could also replace colorful but I'm trying to be level headed about this). I think that is a significant difference. Is he being a baby? Yeah. Do I think he needs to shut up? Yeah. But he can say whatever he wants. If he shows up on the field none of this matters.

This is a product of the modern sports where everything is a news story, when in fact the only thing that really matters is how they play on the field. I don't have to like what he said but I honestly 100% do not care that he said it because I know that how he performs on the field is all that matters. I don't care that he hates his old coach and wants to talk some trash, he clearly feels strongly about it.

What if he is right though? Demarco Murray is not the same type of player like Mccoy in terms of character, so just because he's black doesn't mean it's the same thing. It's a certain type of black athlete that he doesn't like, and I think that might be valid (albeit not a problem, a lot of coaches don't want players like that on their team, they can be locker room cancers).

Win on the field and you are Richard Sherman, lose on the field and you are Chad Ochocinco.

Mace
05-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Well I guess we are at the point where we have to agree to disagree because it's all down to speculation.

I really believe that he's not talking about racism in the normal "I hate black people sense" it's more that Chip Kelly does not want colorful black athletes like him and Desean (loud mouth, prima dona etc could also replace colorful but I'm trying to be level headed about this). I think that is a significant difference. Is he being a baby? Yeah. Do I think he needs to shut up? Yeah. But he can say whatever he wants. If he shows up on the field none of this matters.

This is a product of the modern sports where everything is a news story, when in fact the only thing that really matters is how they play on the field. I don't have to like what he said but I honestly 100% do not care that he said it because I know that how he performs on the field is all that matters. I don't care that he hates his old coach and wants to talk some trash, he clearly feels strongly about it.

What if he is right though? Demarco Murray is not the same type of player like Mccoy in terms of character, so just because he's black doesn't mean it's the same thing. It's a certain type of black athlete that he doesn't like, and I think that might be valid (albeit not a problem, a lot of coaches don't want players like that on their team, they can be locker room cancers).

Win on the field and you are Richard Sherman, lose on the field and you are Chad Ochocinco.

I'm overly cranky lately. You're right, in the end. It matters mildly in reflecting on the team, matters more in reflecting on McCoy. If he rolls up yards and TD's, I'll barely remember it.

But I don't see any way he's right though. Looks to me like there's a particular type of pro athlete Kelly doesn't like, no matter what color he is. Kelly replaced Jackson with Maclin (black), drafted a WR to replace Maclin (black, born in Nigeria), drafted 5 of 7 black players, replaced McCoy with Murray (black), replaced lily white Foles with part Native American Bradford, after trying to get Samoan Marcus Mariota. Good HC's and I'm not saying Kelly is all that yet, always get the types of players they want, 67.3% of which are black as of last October. He brought James Harris (black) with him from Oregon as assistant GM, has 7 blacks on his coaching staff. He employed the not good Michael Vick for heaven's sake, and includes hip-hop in his practice music.

Supposing Kelly is racist...good luck with succeeding in the NFL.

feldspar
05-08-2015, 07:51 PM
But I don't see any way he's right though.

Yep. Neither do I. And I gotta say that McCoy is pissing me off a little here. Makes it a little harder for me to be on his side here if this is as ignorant as it sounds.

Pulling the race card out of your anus is one of my major pet-peeves anymore.

Ingtar33
05-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Seriously?

you do know you're getting mad at a 26 yo millionaire who thinks it's "cool" to be called "Shady." This kid is like Ocho-cinco, all mouth and attitude. If we're lucky he'll rack up 2000 yards combined for us for a few seasons get us into the playoffs a few times, and we'll love every minute of his act. Just laugh about it man, this is his brand.

and anyone who didn't know this was what we were getting wasn't paying attention to how he acted in philly. I disliked his act in Philly, i'm gonna try to like it now he's a Bill. Frankly i don't have an issue with him calling Chip Kelley out. Anything to entertain us until training camp.

feldspar
05-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Seriously?

you do know you're getting mad at a 26 yo millionaire who thinks it's "cool" to be called "Shady."

His Mom called him Shady as a child.

Mace
05-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Seriously?

you do know you're getting mad at a 26 yo millionaire who thinks it's "cool" to be called "Shady." This kid is like Ocho-cinco, all mouth and attitude. If we're lucky he'll rack up 2000 yards combined for us for a few seasons get us into the playoffs a few times, and we'll love every minute of his act. Just laugh about it man, this is his brand.

and anyone who didn't know this was what we were getting wasn't paying attention to how he acted in philly. I disliked his act in Philly, i'm gonna try to like it now he's a Bill. Frankly i don't have an issue with him calling Chip Kelley out. Anything to entertain us until training camp.

Well, this is an entirely different issue, Rex Ryan & Doug Whaley's judgement on who was paying attention to what...more speculation from me but I'm not sure why we don't have DeMarco Murray and Ryan Matthews instead like some teams do, instead of Shady, Bryce Brown, Karlos Williams & Boobie Dixon (Mr. Jackson not included).

Can't be the QB, people aren't flocking to play with Bradford.

Ingtar33
05-09-2015, 02:36 AM

that's even funnier.

Mace
05-10-2015, 08:48 PM

I wish mine had called me Shady. Mine just called me late for dinner.