PDA

View Full Version : Collins a Cowboy

Dr. Who
05-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Cowboys have signed former LSU OL La'el Collins, as @NFLCharean reported. A potential first-rounder as an undrafted free agent. To Dallas.

Seems like we would have been a better place to get playing time.
At least it's not the Fins.

Buffalogic
05-07-2015, 11:58 AM
He can't sign til the 9th so this is premature.

SpikedLemonade
05-07-2015, 12:01 PM
I should have started another thread and I post that in the other thread.

I can't blame the kid for wanting to learn from 2 current Pro Bowlers in Dallas rather than whatever Incognito represents in Buffalo.

It would have been a great signing for us. Rex gave it his best shot.

Buffalogic
05-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Right?

jpdex12
05-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Why in the he'll didn't we take a risk and draft him in the seventh?

SpikedLemonade
05-07-2015, 12:05 PM

I agree.

Sure his agent said he would not sign, but we would have owned his rights for a year and would have had plenty of time to convince him to sign.

Night Train
05-07-2015, 12:05 PM

Says 32 teams in the NFL, including the Cowboys...

Um..I'm guessing because DNA results on the baby and other info didn't come out until AFTER THE DRAFT !

Certain teams frown on drafting a possible murder suspect. Just a hunch...

jills
05-07-2015, 12:07 PM
So much for the "players want to play for Rex" crap.

SpikedLemonade
05-07-2015, 12:07 PM
So much for the "players want to play for Rex" crap.

"But...but...but...Rex said..."

SpikedLemonade
05-07-2015, 12:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEa9xg5WAAAja_p.png

justasportsfan
05-07-2015, 12:12 PM
told you guys he was guilty!!!

SpikedLemonade
05-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/596373121034285056)
La'el Collins skipping sheduled visit to Miami. Agreed to fully guaranteed 3yr deal w/Dallas w/ no offsets. Jerry Jones knows how to close

feldspar
05-07-2015, 12:13 PM
"But...but...but...Rex said..."

Rex didn't say **** about this, if you saw the press conference...deliberately didn't say anything about it other than they had dinner.

I don't think that he's ever made the claim himself that "players want to play for him." Lots of players have said that, though.

In this case, you pretty much have all or most of the teams jockeying for Collins in some capacity. Where he landed means very little to anybody but Collins.

SpikedLemonade
05-07-2015, 12:14 PM
told you guys he was guilty!!!

No one ever accused you of being colour blind.

Night Train
05-07-2015, 12:18 PM
The clincher was Greg Hardy as a roommate.

Buffalogic
05-07-2015, 12:23 PM
So much for the "players want to play for Rex" crap.Riiight because if every free agent in the world doesn't sign with the bills, then players don't want to play for Rex. What a joke, there was 32 teams after this guy.

Buffalogic
05-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Clearly because this guy didn't sign with the bills he is definitely guilty of murder. Genocide probably.

justasportsfan
05-07-2015, 12:25 PM
No one ever accused you of being colour blind.

colour?

Mahdi
05-07-2015, 12:34 PM
colour?

Canadian spelling

trapezeus
05-07-2015, 12:40 PM
that was the super fact version of the Mceichel hopes and aspirations. the odds were we wouldn't get mcdavid, but settle for eichel. in this case it was a long shot for collins and instead we settled for incognito.....wait a minute, these aren't even remotely close.

SpikedLemonade
05-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/596373280770109440)
In all about 25 teams expressed interest in Collins. Dallas sold him today. Gets chance to start at LG immediately next to a strong center..

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer (https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer)8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/596373306107928576)
As for how Cowboys will use Collins, it's likely his shot at snaps comes at left guard, but I'm told Dallas sees him as a G/OT swing player.

justasportsfan
05-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Canadian spelling

I knew that. Just playin with the spikester.

feldspar
05-07-2015, 01:09 PM
I knew that. Just playin with the spikester.

He's at least as ridiculous as Meathead with his annoying racist "insight," and probably more.

Woodman
05-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Indict him now.

Albany,n.y.
05-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Until we assemble a team that is in the playoffs & has a Super Bowl contending QB, we'll never get a player who we can't outbid other teams for. The restrictions on the contract he could get tied Pegula's hands. When Kelly was around guys wanted to play in Buffalo, hasn't been that way since he left.

jpdex12
05-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Says 32 teams in the NFL, including the Cowboys...

Um..I'm guessing because DNA results on the baby and other info didn't come out until AFTER THE DRAFT !

Certain teams frown on drafting a possible murder suspect. Just a hunch...
Who cares...Whaley said most likely some of our picks this year wouldn't make the team anyway. Why not draft a first rounder in the seventh and if he was guilty, see ya! Big deal, lost a 7th round pick. We've wasted more 1st round picks...

feldspar
05-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Until we assemble a team that is in the playoffs & has a Super Bowl contending QB, we'll never get a player who we can't outbid other teams for.

That's just negative thinking.

Da'Rick Rogers just chose to come here recently, if you remember.

The odds just don't support a player going to ANY team, if he has the choice.

There is no "outbidding" in theses cases either. Take a deep breath.

Mr. Cynical
05-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Money being equal, there are a bunch of teams ahead of Buffalo if it's about going to a team that a) is an SB contender, b) located in a sunny, warm climate and c) has a name/image tied to success. Dallas has all of those, Buffalo has none. Just being honest.

Novacane
05-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Didn't want to play for Rex? :rofl: Some of you are to much!

He probably was a Cowboy fan. If I could sign anywhere I'd sign with my favorite team too.

Novacane
05-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Money being equal, there are a bunch of teams ahead of Buffalo if it's about going to a team that a) is an SB contender, b) located in a sunny, warm climate and c) has a name/image tied to success. Dallas has all of those, Buffalo has none. Just being honest.

D. Sign with a NY team lose 10% of my money in state taxes. Sign with Dallas 0% state tax.

DetDannyWilliams
05-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Good Jones can have another fellon/murderer on his team! Just like Dallas and Jerry to sign him.

Mace
05-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing what they get from Richardson, Miller, Henderson & Kouandjio, even Urbik under Roman/Kromer anyway.

Perfect world, he's looking at Mario or Dareus all night when we get revenge and crush them in a Super Bowl, and RexFest can remind him of dinner during the postgame handshake.

Night Train
05-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Until we assemble a team that is in the playoffs & has a Super Bowl contending QB, we'll never get a player who we can't outbid other teams for. The restrictions on the contract he could get tied Pegula's hands. When Kelly was around guys wanted to play in Buffalo, hasn't been that way since he left.

Cowboys have a great rep and he's a southern boy.

Don't even try to tell me Romo is the reason. He'll never win a SB.

DraftBoy
05-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Cowboys come away with three players ranked almost universally among the Top 32 draft prospects. First Round pick CB Bryon Jones (UConn), Second Round pick DE Randy Gergory (Nebraska), and now UDFA OT La'el Collins (LSU).

That's what you call an A+.

HHURRICANE
05-07-2015, 10:30 PM
The guy grew up down there...makes sense.

gr8slayer
05-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Cowboys come away with three players ranked almost universally among the Top 32 draft prospects. First Round pick CB Bryon Jones (UConn), Second Round pick DE Randy Gergory (Nebraska), and now UDFA OT La'el Collins (LSU).

That's what you call an A+.

That's the new Jerry, listening to Stephen. They've been coming away with great drafts for the past three years because of it.

justasportsfan
05-08-2015, 09:15 AM

It's got nothing to do with playoffs for a kid who wants to recoup $$. People know who Jerry Jones is and the $$$ he spends .