PDA

View Full Version : **** the Capitals and their weak-ass "fans"

OpIv37
05-13-2015, 09:35 PM
That ****ty fan base completely deserves this loss.

trapezeus
05-14-2015, 07:54 AM
so now what with ovechkin? is it time for change of scenery? is the team too old to even get back to this point?

not saying the sabres can trade for him or should, but hockey fans have to hate seeing a talent like him whither away. i don't think he's a stand alone elite guy, but he's no vanek/nash either. He can play a role and can be really good if the eyes aren't on him.

i would like to see him go to another team with depth or have the caps get someone. the issue with the caps finding someone is that the greats are signed long term and teams know how hard it is to get a great. you have to get it and develop it internally.

OpIv37
05-14-2015, 09:11 AM
He's a 50 goal scorer. No way they let him go.

But he also has a huge cap hit so it's hard to build around him.

trapezeus
05-14-2015, 10:57 AM
exactly. you can't let him go, but you also can't build around him. if you can move him now for picks, you can build faster. i think we know how high his ceiling is under the current team.

perhaps there is a team near bankruptcy that needs the ticket sales and doesn't care about long term.

Downinfloflo
05-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Ovi has his say in to where he would end up if he ever was moved so teams near bankruptcy are out of the equation.

The Caps are in good shape, They need to move Backstrom and Green before Ovi, They also have some young guys on the rise and Holtby.

This was Trotz 1st season with the team.

Crosby and Ovi are the NHL's best individual players, But it takes a whole team with the right attitude/skill set to win.