So why the Dareus verdict hasn't been handed down yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So why the Dareus verdict hasn't been handed down yet?

Just wondering if there is an investigation is going on. I'm sure the Bills brass would like to know as soon as possible.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: So why the Dareus verdict hasn't been handed down yet?

Parking tickets investigation ?? I think that the whole Pats / Deflate thing has delayed if not derailed anything coming for Dareus, what are they going to say about parking tickets anyways ??

Comment

• alnilla
      • Dec 2008

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

What case? He got nailed for having "spice," a felony (for some reason), but cooperated with the court's pre-trial diversion program (for non-violent first offenders) and got it wiped. Not to mention "spice" isn't banned by the NFL. Since he cooperated and did what the courts asked, it's not an issue. And getting parking tickets isn't enough to suspend him.

Comment

• emoulds80
          • Apr 2015

wtf

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

I think Dareus is going to get one game for the possession arrest and 1 game for the street racing. Bradham had a minor possession incident a couple summers ago that got dismissed, but the NFL still suspended him for 1 game a year later. I think suspending Dareus at this point for anything is BS, but that's how the league operates. I don't see him avoiding suspension.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              I think Dareus is going to get one game for the possession arrest and 1 game for the street racing. Bradham had a minor possession incident a couple summers ago that got dismissed, but the NFL still suspended him for 1 game a year later. I think suspending Dareus at this point for anything is BS, but that's how the league operates. I don't see him avoiding suspension.
              The differences are Bradham got off on a technicality whereas Dareus complied, and a traffic ticket isn't a suspendable offense. If they start suspending players for getting speeding tickets, the NFLPA would go ape spit.

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                The differences are Bradham got off on a technicality whereas Dareus complied, and a traffic ticket isn't a suspendable offense. If they start suspending players for getting speeding tickets, the NFLPA would go ape spit.
                I think you're giving the NFL too much credit for being reasonable. I don't know that the legal outcome matters. Both Bradham and Dareus were arrested for having an illegal substance in their vehicle. When it comes to player conduct I don't think there are specific rules about convictions or technicalities or whatever. The NFL just decides as they go. The NFLPA can go as ape spit as they want, but that's the CBA that they agreed to.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

I'm still amazed at how people are willing to downplay Dareus' crash. If there wasn't a tree planted on that sidewalk, he could have gone right through the front window of a restaurant at lunchtime. He should consider himself goddamned lucky he didn't kill anyone.

If the league suspends players for DUI, they should suspend him for the street racing.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                    I'm still amazed at how people are willing to downplay Dareus' crash. If there wasn't a tree planted on that sidewalk, he could have gone right through the front window of a restaurant at lunchtime. He should consider himself goddamned lucky he didn't kill anyone.

If the league suspends players for DUI, they should suspend him for the street racing.
                    Then they should suspend everyone who speeds. Because they could potentially kill someone and they're just lucky they didn't. Think that's going to happen?

If anything, he might get suspended for the synthetic pot. But since he complied with the courts and voluntarily entered the drug testing program, he likely won't.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Then they should suspend everyone who speeds. Because they could potentially kill someone and they're just lucky they didn't. Think that's going to happen?
                      You guys realize he wasn't just pulled over for doing 69 in a 65 zone right? He was speeding so excessively that his precision tuned sports car lost control on dry pavement and skidded through oncoming traffic, through a parking lot, and into a tree.

Maybe if he had broken his leg and missed some games people would see this for the recklessness it was.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

I don't think he would have hit the building even if the tree wasn't there.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

You guys realize he wasn't just pulled over for doing 69 in a 65 zone right? He was speeding so excessively that his precision tuned sports car lost control on dry pavement and skidded through oncoming traffic, through a parking lot, and into a tree.

Maybe if he had broken his leg and missed some games people would see this for the recklessness it was.
                          Sure it was reckless. So too is speeding.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Sure it was reckless. So too is speeding.
                            There are degrees of recklessness, which is why there are degrees of punishment for it. This falls on the higher end of the scale, just like drunk driving.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Maybe he's just a bad driver, lol.

I hit a tree when I was his age too.

Comment

Working...
                              X