PDA

View Full Version : Could The Bills Offense Be Better Than Their Defense This Year?

BillsImpossible
05-17-2015, 02:39 PM
That's a huge hill to climb.

Everyone is expecting a dominant defense to be the team's main strength. The Bills are going back to a system that is more like Pettine's was compared to The Schwartz. The Bills got a record amount of sacks under Pettine, but they also gave up some huge passing plays by gambling too much in 2013.

Schwartz had the better defense. He's still unemployed. That's a head scratcher.

One of the most underrated signings of the entire NFL off season was Percy Harvin.

All of the attention went to McCoy and Clay while everyone forgot about Percy Harvin. The Bills can use him anywhere on the field. He is a dynamic playmaker, and he's strong as a bull for a player his size.

Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin, Robert Woods, Goodwin, Hogan, and Dezmin Lewis. That's some powerful stuff.

Clay and O'Leary at tight end. That's a huge upgrade over last year. Chandler and Gragg or Clay and O'Leary?

The gaping holes at guard? Plugged. Better offensive line coaching? Guaranteed.

Some people still think that the Bills don't need a great QB to win the Super Bowl, all they need is the right kind of, "game manager," under center.

Rex Ryan doesn't agree mainly because of Mark Sanchez. Rex doesn't want a quarterback that can manage the game, he wants a quarterback that can win by using his feet and arm too. He wants the black version of Ben Roethlisberger.

Ryan has been a huge fan of Tyrod Taylor since his playing days at Virginia Tech.

I think Rex gave Roman a call to be his OC because he really liked what he saw Kaepernick do in Roman's offense.

"A QB that can run? I would have beaten the Patriots if I had Kaepernick."

A quarterback that can run and pass better than Russell Wilson?

I would not be surprised if the 2015 Buffalo Bills offense is the most explosive football Bills fans have seen since the days of Jim Kelly.

BidsJr
05-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Can this thread be any worse?

BillsImpossible
05-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Can this thread be any worse?

What, you don't think the Bills offense has the potential to be really good in 2015?

I think they do. You obviously don't.

YardRat
05-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Yes, actually, the offense could be 'better than' the defense but it will more likely result from a decent improvement over dog **** on the O side and a backslide from last year on D, as opposed to the D remaining the same (or better) and the O suddenly becoming The Greatest Show on Turf V2.0.

SpikedLemonade
05-17-2015, 03:03 PM
No

BillsImpossible
05-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Marrone running Hackett's offense vs. Roman running the Bills offense.

That's a big difference. The past no longer applies. The Bills are going to be a totally different team than last year or any other year since 1999.

SpikedLemonade
05-17-2015, 03:08 PM
You should go on a 49'ers message board and see what they thought of Roman last year.

Here, let me help ==> http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168162-greg-roman-really-good/page270/

BillsImpossible
05-17-2015, 03:13 PM
No

Why not?

Which side of the ball has the most young talent to work with?

Kyle Williams and Mario Williams could be playing their last year in Buffalo.

McKelvin could be a surprise cut. Big contracts come due on the defensive side of the ball in 2016 for Gilmore and Bradham, including a $100 million plus contract for Dareus.

The offense doesn't have to worry about such things.

SpikedLemonade
05-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Why not?

Which side of the ball has the most young talent to work with?

Kyle Williams and Mario Williams could be playing their last year in Buffalo.

McKelvin could be a surprise cut. Big contracts come due on the defensive side of the ball in 2016 for Gilmore and Bradham, including a $100 million plus contract for Dareus.

The offense doesn't have to worry about such things.

Check the DL salaries and compare them to the OL salaries.

Look what round where they were drafted.

Yes, we now have an expensive RB, TE and WR, but did very little for the 5 OL positions.

BillsOwnAll
05-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin, Robert Woods, Goodwin, Hogan, and Dezmin Lewis. That's some powerful stuff.

So a 2nd year guy who had POTETIONAL to be a great. A guy who is a home run threat but always hurt. A vet who has been just okay. And 3 guys who may or may not be on the roster opening day.. How is this powerful?

BillsImpossible
05-17-2015, 03:26 PM
You should go on a 49'ers message board and see what they thought of Roman last year.

Here, let me help ==> http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168162-greg-roman-really-good/page270/

Good post. What did the fans in San Fran think about Roman the year before in 2013 when Kaepernick took the 49ers to the Super Bowl?

He was a genius. No need to look it up, it's a given. Roman was the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh, fans were elated.

Roman said that he wanted to test Keapernick's throwing abilities in 2014. The experiment failed, but I give him credit for at least trying.

If Ryan and Roman have found what they've been looking for in Tyrod Taylor, the offense could be better than the Bills defense.

Who plays the nose? Who plays defensive end? Who are the starting 4 linebackers? Who's the 2nd safety?

The Bills offense doesn't have so many question marks as the Bills D does.

BillsImpossible
05-17-2015, 03:30 PM
So a 2nd year guy who had POTETIONAL to be a great. A guy who is a home run threat but always hurt. A vet who has been just okay. And 3 guys who may or may not be on the roster opening day.. How is this powerful?

Depth. Most NFL teams carry at least 6 wide receivers on their rosters.

BillsOwnAll
05-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Depth isn't just having wrs in the roster. What makes you think any of them besides Watkins are gonna tear it up? Mainly the bottom 4

BillsImpossible
05-17-2015, 03:39 PM
Hogan has played well. He takes the punishment and holds on to the ball.

Goodwin has had a problem with staying healthy.

Robert Woods is an excellent wide receiver crying for a good quarterback.

Dezmin Lewis could be the steal of the 2015 NFL Draft.

Skooby
05-17-2015, 04:09 PM
If the offense is better than the defense, we're winning the Super Bowl by a good margin.

BidsJr
05-17-2015, 06:50 PM
What, you don't think the Bills offense has the potential to be really good in 2015?

I think they do. You obviously don't.

We

Have

No

Quarterback

Meathead
05-17-2015, 06:56 PM
yeah idk

i dont think the oline is good enough to anchor a great offense

i dont see any qb on the roster that could drive that kind of sportscar anyway

best chance would probably be tyrod resurrecting some new twist on the read-option/wildcat or some other new offensive gimmick it takes defenses the season to catch up to. i just seriously doubt thats gonna happen

this team is gonna rely on winning the field position battle and getting just enough from its offense to win. the shiny toys on offense should help get enough big plays to offset the inevitable three-and-outs, but i just dont see them breaking out on any consistent basis

DraftBoy
05-17-2015, 07:21 PM
This would also be known as Yardie's worst nightmare come true.

Mr. Pink
05-17-2015, 09:02 PM
If this teams offense ends up better than the defense, this will be a 4 win football team.

And no, I don't expect anything of that sort to happen.

BillsImpossible
05-18-2015, 06:08 PM
We

Have

No

Quarterback

Maybe they do?

Hypothetical question: If the Bills do have a quarterback, do you think the offense can be better than the defense?

The last game the Bills defense played in that mattered was against the Raiders in Oakland. It was their worse performance of the year in a critical game.

Dareus got hurt, left the field and the Bills gave up huge yardage on the ground. The secondary made Carr look like a star.

The Bills vaunted defense got torn up by a rookie QB and two running backs in Murray and McFadden.

That was my last impression of the Buffalo Bills 2014 defense. Their defense is basically the same with one new on field addition in Darby.

The offense is going to be totally different. New players include Harvin, O'Leary, Clay, McCoy, Karlos Williams, John Miller, Dezmin Lewis, and a new QB.

BillsOwnAll
05-18-2015, 09:02 PM
whats your obsession with lewis for? You keep talking like hes guaranteed to be a steal...