PDA

View Full Version : So we know we're getting Eichel at #2....

ckg927
05-18-2015, 03:06 PM
but since Buffalo has a second first round pick at #21, who would you take with it? As per The Hockey News' draft preview, here's some possibilities...

* Jakub Zboril(D, Saint John(QMJHL)): Pegged as a physical defender. One scout said he was "very calm and poised...has a real strength and physicality to his game." And one more thing: Scouts were impressed with his willingness to drop the gloves when needed. If Buffalo selects him, imagine the fun if Zboril is teamed up with Zadorov...

* Jeremy Roy(D, Sherbrooke(QMJHL)): Projected as a two way defenseman. He's undersized(at 6'/183), but has an oversized brain(in the sense that he has hockey sense and good skill). He can QB a power play(presuming that Eichel doesn't get that duty)and shoots from the right side.

* Gabriel Carlsson(D, Linkoping(Swe.)): Shutdown defender is his projection. Don't look to him for offense-ever.

* Jake DeBrusk(LW, Swift Current(WHL)): Two-way winger is where they think he'll end up. Scouts note that he's "fearless, with a nose for the net...Tireless worker. Almost has that 200-foot game...but he's not a power forward. He will outhustle you and outsmart you."

Your turn....

Ginger Vitis
05-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Oliver Kylington (D)... Boom or bust pick.. 5 months ago Kylington was rated the 4th best prospect in this draft.. He has been in freefall do to a so so season in the Swedish league.. He is a elite skater and passer but his below average defensive play and mental mistakes caused his stock to drop.. @21 I think he is worth the gamble if he drops that far.

Jeremy Roy(D)... see analysis from Hockey News

Travis Konecny (C/W) creative passer good vision and a very good skater. Small 5'9 a poor mans Connor McDavid.. Concussion history is a concern.. Played Center in junior except for the last few weeks this seasson he played wing and made a good transition to wing so he would likely end up a winger if he was drafted by the Sabres

Roy would good value @21.. Kylinton and Konecny would be great value @ 21

JATMtheJATM
05-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Bittner.

casdhf
05-18-2015, 06:55 PM
We really need help on the wings.

ckg927
05-18-2015, 06:59 PM
We really need help on the wings.

That's where DeBrusk comes in.

ParanoidAndroid
05-18-2015, 10:26 PM
If Bittner is gone, then I like Jordan Greenway.

coastal
05-19-2015, 01:54 AM
This pick is getting traded. We r moving up or using to secure a goalie.

JATMtheJATM
05-19-2015, 01:59 AM
Goalie market is packed. You don't need to move a first for a good one. Lack is on the market, and could probably be had for a third and a prospect.

- - - Updated - - -

That's where DeBrusk comes in.

Or bittner.

Brandon carlo is another prospect I like. At defense.

Downinfloflo
05-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Jeremy Roy(D) becomes a Top 4 D-man with an 88 ovr rating..

JATMtheJATM
05-21-2015, 02:11 PM
i REALLY like roy as a prospect. which is why he isnt on my board, its unlikely he is left at 21. maybe the sabres trade up to get him?

Ginger Vitis
05-21-2015, 02:47 PM
i REALLY like roy as a prospect. which is why he isnt on my board, its unlikely he is left at 21. maybe the sabres trade up to get him?

They would likely have to trade in front of the Oilers @ 16 (Oilers@16).. It seems like a no brainer the Oilers would take him with their 16th pick especially if Werenski and Provorov both defensemen have already been already picked. Then Roy would be the best defensemen left @16. Id stay @21 and pray Konecny of Kylington make it to 21

The Jokeman
05-21-2015, 05:07 PM
but since Buffalo has a second first round pick at #21, who would you take with it? As per The Hockey News' draft preview, here's some possibilities...

* Jakub Zboril(D, Saint John(QMJHL)): Pegged as a physical defender. One scout said he was "very calm and poised...has a real strength and physicality to his game." And one more thing: Scouts were impressed with his willingness to drop the gloves when needed. If Buffalo selects him, imagine the fun if Zboril is teamed up with Zadorov...

* Jeremy Roy(D, Sherbrooke(QMJHL)): Projected as a two way defenseman. He's undersized(at 6'/183), but has an oversized brain(in the sense that he has hockey sense and good skill). He can QB a power play(presuming that Eichel doesn't get that duty)and shoots from the right side.

* Gabriel Carlsson(D, Linkoping(Swe.)): Shutdown defender is his projection. Don't look to him for offense-ever.

* Jake DeBrusk(LW, Swift Current(WHL)): Two-way winger is where they think he'll end up. Scouts note that he's "fearless, with a nose for the net...Tireless worker. Almost has that 200-foot game...but he's not a power forward. He will outhustle you and outsmart you."

Your turn....

Bittner was the guy I pegged when we had this discussion earlier. I stand by him and Yevgeni Svechnikov is intriguing but the Russian factor is always a question mark but he did play in the Q this season which means he likely wants to play in the NFL.

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Bittner was the guy I pegged when we had this discussion earlier. I stand by him and Yevgeni Svechnikov is intriguing but the Russian factor is always a question mark but he did play in the Q this season which means he likely wants to play in the NFL.

Would the Bills be interested in him as a Guard?

The Jokeman
05-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Would the Bills be interested in him as a Guard?

HA! he's to small for OG but maybe QB? Damn fat fingers.

JATMtheJATM
05-22-2015, 02:02 PM
word is that the pick is definitely in play, but to either trade up, or trade away for a top end young player. as long as its not for someone nearing 30, im good with that.