Do You Trust Rex's Opinion on the Offensive Side of the Ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Do You Trust Rex's Opinion on the Offensive Side of the Ball?

Hey, I love the bravado Rex brings to the Bills. I have 100% faith in his ability to motivate NFL players. I think Rex has an elite defensive mind and will only improve our defense. In many many ways, we are lucky to have Rex.

On the other hand, when it comes to the offense, he was very hands off in NY and the Offensive Coordinators he hired there for the most part failed. Rex's success in NY was pretty much one-sided to the defensive side of the ball. Beyond the early safe conservative offense under Sanchez, the Jets offense was a train wreck. The rookie QBs did not progress much which could be a function of player evaluation or development or both.

If Rex's opinion was limited to the defensive side of the ball, that would be great, but Rex has no shortage of opinions.

Now Rex seems to be in love with Tyrod Taylor who quite frankly has shown nothing in his 4 years in the NFL.

Roman is an experienced OC, but many in San Fran believe it was the HC that was instrumental on the offensive side of the ball and not Roman.

So the question is -- Do You Trust Rex's Opinion on the Offensive Side of the Ball?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Do You Trust Rex's Opinion on the Offensive Side of the Ball?

Here's the deal: we don't know what Rex's opinion of the O is. We only know what he told the media.

He has to motivate players and keep fans interested, so he's going to say good things publicly whether he thinks we are the best O of all time or the worst O of all time.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

I trust Rex can tell who is a GOOD football player on Offense or Defense.

MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE than Marrone could.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

I don't trust Rex's opinion on offense, but I do trust Roman's. He's had his issues in San Francisco, but overall I liked what he was trying to do.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Here's the deal: we don't know what Rex's opinion of the O is. We only know what he told the media.

He has to motivate players and keep fans interested, so he's going to say good things publicly whether he thinks we are the best O of all time or the worst O of all time.
          I think this is the first OpIv post I ever agreed with. :thumbsup:
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Rex's opinion is about 2% of the puzzle and having an actual quarterback is 96%. The other 2% consists of offensive coaches and the other people on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

I will follow that up with the "REX RYAN MODEL OF PLAYING WITHOUT A QB" is still ****...but he's proven it can get to the playoffs. So probably he has a viable strategy to play without a QB. However, getting that QB not playing without him is the real objective.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Our team is as good as it gets without a franchise qb. Seattle, San Fran, old Baltimore they weren't held back because of this. There is a chance we won't be either.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Rex's first move as the Bills head coach was to hire Greg Roman as his OC, a guy who took a running quarterback to the Super Bowl in his rookie season.

Yes.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

I doubt Rex has much input into the offense. He hired Roman to be the OC and will likely let him run the show.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Hopefully Rex's only opinion re: the offense is making the decision on Sunday's whether to punt, kick a FG, or go for it.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Strongman
                        • Apr 2006

I think Rex understands better than most what makes an offense hard for defenses to handle. However, I doubt he really understands the little nuances that go into making a great offense. That's why Roman will run the O.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                          Now Rex seems to be in love with Tyrod Taylor who quite frankly has shown nothing in his 4 years in the NFL.
                          Because Flacco is durable. You could have said the same thing after Aaron Rodgers 3rd season & been just as correct. All players who don't play have shown nothing, it means nothing until they actually play. If he was a backup to Kyle Orton & never got in a game, showing nothing would be more of an indictment against his abilities.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

not really. but hes admitted it was a weakness in the past and says hes committed to improving on that as a hc so thats encouraging
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              not really. but hes admitted it was a weakness in the past and says hes committed to improving on that as a hc so thats encouraging
                              I pray he has learned from the past.

Comment

Working...
                              X