• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Kraft: "The Patriots will not appeal."

You know, what I’ve learned over the last two decades is that the heart and soul and strength of the NFL is a partnership of 32 teams. And what’s become very clear over those very two decades is at no time should the agenda of one team outweigh the collective good of the full 32. So I have a way of looking at problems that are very strong in my mind, and before I make a final decision, I measure nine times and I cut once. And I think maybe if I had made the decision last week it would be different than it is today.

But believing in the strength of the partnership, and the 32 teams — we have concentrated the power of adjudication of problems in the office of the commissioner. And although I might disagree with what is decided, I do have respect for the commissioner and believe that he’s doing what he perceives to be in the best interests of the full 32. So in that spirit, I don’t want to continue the rhetoric that’s gone on for the last four months. I’m going to accept, reluctantly, what he has given to us, and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric. And we won’t appeal.
    Patriots owner Robert Kraft announced today that his team will not fight NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's decision to strip the team of a first-round draft pick, a fourth-round draft pick and $1 million as punishment for Deflategate.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Kraft: "The Patriots will not appeal."

31 owners: "Kraft you better STFU and take your medicine before we ****** vote you off the island."

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

"If you drop this case, I'll cut Brady's suspension to one game." Roger Goodell
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Strongman
        • Apr 2006

Word of the Day Video Blog: Words at Play My Faves
        POPULARITY

SAVE
        Dictionary
        rhetoric
        noun rhet·o·ric \ˈre-tə-rik\
        : language that is intended to influence people and that may not be honest or reasonable

: the art or skill of speaking or writing formally and effectively especially as a way to persuade or influence people

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

" ..but,but,but...he's innocent ! "
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
            "If you drop this case, I'll cut Brady's suspension to one game." Roger Goodell
            Watch... the slime ball Cheatriots have a deal to reduce Brady's sentence and yet again they'll escape the due punishment.

Comment

• Parzival
              This is a list: They're my demands
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              Watch... the slime ball Cheatriots have a deal to reduce Brady's sentence and yet again they'll escape the due punishment.
              Well it remains to be seen what happens with Brady, but they are accepting the loss of the draft picks and million dollar fine. So they are being punished, lets just hope Brady doesn't get out of his suspension. I can definitely see it being cut in half or even down to one game but I don't think Goodell is just going to erase the whole thing.
              Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• Strongman
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Parzival View Post
                Well it remains to be seen what happens with Brady, but they are accepting the loss of the draft picks and million dollar fine. So they are being punished, lets just hope Brady doesn't get out of his suspension. I can definitely see it being cut in half or even down to one game but I don't think Goodell is just going to erase the whole thing.
                I'm not so sure it really is a punishment. I'm sure there are a few teams that would gladly pay a million dollars and lose some draft picks in exchange for dramatically increasing their chances of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Boot him out anyway.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Brady will have his suspension reduced to 2 games on Appeal and this goes away.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                      Brady will have his suspension reduced to 2 games on Appeal and this goes away.
                      That would seem like the logical compromise, not that I agree. Kraft drops his appeal in exchange for a 2 game suspension instead of 4.

BUT, you don't know what Goodell has up his sleeve.

Maybe Goodell didn't really destroy the Spygate tapes?

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told Sen. Arlen Specter face-to-face that he doesn't regret destroying the Spygate tapes.

"What's that got to do with it? There's an admission of guilt, you preserve the evidence," Specter said. As for keeping the tapes out of the hands of others: "All you have to do is lock up the tapes."

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        That would seem like the logical compromise, not that I agree. Kraft drops his appeal in exchange for a 2 game suspension instead of 4.

BUT, you don't know what Goodell has up his sleeve.

Maybe Goodell didn't really destroy the Spygate tapes?

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told Sen. Arlen Specter face-to-face that he doesn't regret destroying the Spygate tapes.

"What's that got to do with it? There's an admission of guilt, you preserve the evidence," Specter said. As for keeping the tapes out of the hands of others: "All you have to do is lock up the tapes."
                        Here's the start of the linked article...

WASHINGTON -- Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

Specter said Goodell gave him that information during the 1-hour, 40-minute meeting, which was requested by Specter so the commissioner could explain his reasons for destroying the Spygate tapes and notes.

There was NO RULE against the taping until the Mangenius spilled the beans to the league after he was hired as the JETS HC.

So, if Goodell told him there was, Goodell is lying, and if he didn't, Specter is lying.

So, one way or another, the article is based on lies....
                        Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 05-19-2015, 05:50 PM.
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                          So, one way or another, the article is based on lies....
                          Go Pats!
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Hopefully this is more of an indication that the rest of the league has Goodell's back on this issue and that support will encourage him to stick to his guns on Brady's punishment, as opposed to a back room deal to lessen the terms.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

The men who've stood and fought in Robert Kraft's army were a bit surprised with his decision to surrender yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X