PDA

View Full Version : Kraft: "The Patriots will not appeal."

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2015, 01:44 PM
You know, what I’ve learned over the last two decades is that the heart and soul and strength of the NFL is a partnership of 32 teams. And what’s become very clear over those very two decades is at no time should the agenda of one team outweigh the collective good of the full 32. So I have a way of looking at problems that are very strong in my mind, and before I make a final decision, I measure nine times and I cut once. And I think maybe if I had made the decision last week it would be different than it is today.

But believing in the strength of the partnership, and the 32 teams — we have concentrated the power of adjudication of problems in the office of the commissioner. And although I might disagree with what is decided, I do have respect for the commissioner and believe that he’s doing what he perceives to be in the best interests of the full 32. So in that spirit, I don’t want to continue the rhetoric that’s gone on for the last four months. I’m going to accept, reluctantly, what he has given to us, and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric. And we won’t appeal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/19/kraft-i-disagree-with-goodell-but-i-accept-it-and-we-wont-appeal/

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2015, 01:45 PM
31 owners: "Kraft you better STFU and take your medicine before we ****** vote you off the island."

casdhf
05-19-2015, 01:52 PM
"If you drop this case, I'll cut Brady's suspension to one game." Roger Goodell

Strongman
05-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Word of the Day Video Blog: Words at Play My Faves
POPULARITY

SAVE
Dictionary
rhetoric
noun rhet·o·ric \ˈre-tə-rik\
: language that is intended to influence people and that may not be honest or reasonable

: the art or skill of speaking or writing formally and effectively especially as a way to persuade or influence people

Night Train
05-19-2015, 02:10 PM
" ..but,but,but...he's innocent ! "

X-Era
05-19-2015, 02:27 PM
"If you drop this case, I'll cut Brady's suspension to one game." Roger GoodellWatch... the slime ball Cheatriots have a deal to reduce Brady's sentence and yet again they'll escape the due punishment.

Parzival
05-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Watch... the slime ball Cheatriots have a deal to reduce Brady's sentence and yet again they'll escape the due punishment.

Well it remains to be seen what happens with Brady, but they are accepting the loss of the draft picks and million dollar fine. So they are being punished, lets just hope Brady doesn't get out of his suspension. I can definitely see it being cut in half or even down to one game but I don't think Goodell is just going to erase the whole thing.

Strongman
05-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Well it remains to be seen what happens with Brady, but they are accepting the loss of the draft picks and million dollar fine. So they are being punished, lets just hope Brady doesn't get out of his suspension. I can definitely see it being cut in half or even down to one game but I don't think Goodell is just going to erase the whole thing.

I'm not so sure it really is a punishment. I'm sure there are a few teams that would gladly pay a million dollars and lose some draft picks in exchange for dramatically increasing their chances of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.

YardRat
05-19-2015, 03:40 PM
Boot him out anyway.

SpikedLemonade
05-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Brady will have his suspension reduced to 2 games on Appeal and this goes away.

BillsImpossible
05-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Brady will have his suspension reduced to 2 games on Appeal and this goes away.

That would seem like the logical compromise, not that I agree. Kraft drops his appeal in exchange for a 2 game suspension instead of 4.

BUT, you don't know what Goodell has up his sleeve.

Maybe Goodell didn't really destroy the Spygate tapes?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3244687

"What's that got to do with it? There's an admission of guilt, you preserve the evidence," Specter said. As for keeping the tapes out of the hands of others: "All you have to do is lock up the tapes."

CommissarSpartacus
05-19-2015, 05:49 PM
That would seem like the logical compromise, not that I agree. Kraft drops his appeal in exchange for a 2 game suspension instead of 4.

BUT, you don't know what Goodell has up his sleeve.

Maybe Goodell didn't really destroy the Spygate tapes?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3244687

"What's that got to do with it? There's an admission of guilt, you preserve the evidence," Specter said. As for keeping the tapes out of the hands of others: "All you have to do is lock up the tapes."

Here's the start of the linked article...

WASHINGTON -- Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

Specter said Goodell gave him that information during the 1-hour, 40-minute meeting, which was requested by Specter so the commissioner could explain his reasons for destroying the Spygate tapes and notes.

There was NO RULE against the taping until the Mangenius spilled the beans to the league after he was hired as the JETS HC.

So, if Goodell told him there was, Goodell is lying, and if he didn't, Specter is lying.

So, one way or another, the article is based on lies....

The last buffalo fan
05-19-2015, 06:27 PM
So, one way or another, the article is based on lies....

Go Pats!

YardRat
05-20-2015, 04:37 AM
Hopefully this is more of an indication that the rest of the league has Goodell's back on this issue and that support will encourage him to stick to his guns on Brady's punishment, as opposed to a back room deal to lessen the terms.

Skooby
05-20-2015, 05:05 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/20/troy-brown-robert-kraft-surrender-ok-to-avoid-wrestlemania/

coastal
05-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Your surrender is accepted.

trapezeus
05-20-2015, 07:15 AM
goodell: look, i messed up. i did the right thing and now you're mad. it makes me upset when you are mad.

Kraft: you have to make it up to me!

Goodell: i never said anything about how we protect brady with routine botching of calls. that will go on and will improve. brady will never have to wash his jersey again.

Kraft: good enough. cheat on!

Discotrish
05-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Tee hee!

Patti

DynaPaul
05-23-2015, 05:26 PM
The 31 other owners are probably tired of a shady franchise with mediocre talent deceiving their way to championships in a league of parity.

Strongman
05-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Hopefully this is more of an indication that the rest of the league has Goodell's back on this issue and that support will encourage him to stick to his guns on Brady's punishment, as opposed to a back room deal to lessen the terms.

Krafty probably went to the owners meeting and got an earful from the others. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they told him they were willing to go to court over this, so he capitulated to them. He deferred to the other owners at the press conference, but didn't admit to anything to keep the Cheater fans from abandoning the team.