P.A.T's approved kicked from 15 yd. line...2 pt. conversions remain at 2 yd. line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

P.A.T's approved kicked from 15 yd. line...2 pt. conversions remain at 2 yd. line

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that PATs will now be kicked from the 15-yard-line with two-point conversions remaining at the 2-yard-line. The new rule also gives the defense the ability to score on returns, per a source.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/...nversions-to-2
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: P.A.T's approved kicked from 15 yd. line...2 pt. conversions remain at 2 yd. line

This is a horrible idea. I hate it immediately.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Re: P.A.T's approved kicked from 15 yd. line...2 pt. conversions remain at 2 yd. line

It's actually good news for our team. We have a good kicker and a lot of players with the ability to block kicks. Bills will definitely convert at least 2 points from defending an extra point this year.

Comment

• bdutton
        • Jul 2013

Good. PAT's are boring.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I wonder if this means more teams will go for 2 in bad weather. The general rule for FG's is you add 17 yards to the LOS- 10 for the end zone and 7 because the kicker sets up 7 yards behind the line. So, XP's are now 32 yard field goals. In domes or good weather, that's a chip shot for an NFL kicker. If the weather's bad enough, though, punching it in from the 2 may be the higher percentage play.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
            It's actually good news for our team. We have a good kicker and a lot of players with the ability to block kicks. Bills will definitely convert at least 2 points from defending an extra point this year.
            I think it's far more likely that we botch an XP or two over the course of the season. Blocking kicks is incredibly hard, and even if we get one, a clean recovery and running it back is no guarantee.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

I wonder how this will influence point spreads in Vegas.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

This is going to make the Super Bowl squares with 2 / 5 / 8 become more favorable.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I consider it a win for defense and teams who can run the ball - like the team Rex wants to build. Ask any coach, the ability to run the ball, especially power run, is huge there. Then you add the fact an INT allows the D to score points as well ...

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                    I consider it a win for defense and teams who can run the ball - like the team Rex wants to build. Ask any coach, the ability to run the ball, especially power run, is huge there. Then you add the fact an INT allows the D to score points as well ...
                    If Rex wants to run, why did he spend so big on fancy new toys while neglecting the OL?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      If Rex wants to run, why did he spend so big on fancy new toys while neglecting the OL?
                      Maybe it's not what you wanted, but two new starters on the o-line doesn't exactly equal neglect. Yeah, yeah...there is the risk with both those guys, I know. Lots of things different that could change the quality of play on the OL this year, ask me. If they suck, I'll concede that later, but I'm not convinced that they will suck right now. Hope springs eternal in the offseason...well, maybe not for you.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

That really favors dome/warm weather teams.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          That really favors dome/warm weather teams.
                          Why?

Anyway, there were 1293 TDs scored last regular season and by my count 8 missed XP kicks. If the XP rule drops the conversion % to 90, a # I've seen quoted, and coaches go for the XP kick 80% of the time, that would be over 100 missed XPs. That could have a serious effect on defensive numbers over time and certainly on close games.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Funny how I read the title with "P.A.T's " I automatically thought, what else did they get caught cheating on again?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

It's really going to take some getting used to. A team tries to kick an xtra point it gets returned that's a 2 point swing in the score. These rule changes are very interesting and going to change the complexion of games a lot if you ask me. There also will be more injuries and more missed 1 pointers....

Comment

Working...
                              X