PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insiders: Tyrod Taylor most impressive of Bills QBs so far

Albany,n.y.
05-20-2015, 01:36 PM
They said he has to keep it up, but he was the most impressive of all Bills QBs so far.

Get ready to see him start the opener. Bye, Bye EJ, the switch is on to T-Mobile.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-20-2015, 02:08 PM
They said he has to keep it up, but he was the most impressive of all Bills QBs so far.

Get ready to see him start the opener. Bye, Bye EJ, the switch is on to T-Mobile.

i have no inside information. haven't seen them in practice, etc. It's just my gut that this guy is gonna win the job. We will see. May the best man win!

SpikedLemonade
05-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Well, if he is the best QB, I hope he wins the starting job and leads us to victory.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised if opposing defenses catch up with him after 4 games of film.

gebobs
05-20-2015, 02:32 PM
And starting at running back, Brakepad Butler!

sudzy
05-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Hey Rex wanted him. Maybe Rex knows a thing or two.

Bill Cody
05-20-2015, 02:39 PM

lol

gebobs
05-20-2015, 02:48 PM
More like Rex needs to see a neurologist.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in any of this. This is even more laughable than the beat reporters pimping some late round running back in the first week of camp who invariably are out with the next cut.

This guy has about as much chance of getting the starting job as I do and I'll put an ice cold Labatt on the line for anyone that thinks otherwise.

Bill Cody
05-20-2015, 03:00 PM

If we were talking about women's feet I'd agree

Typ0
05-20-2015, 05:28 PM
he probably knows the offense better than anyone on the team too...Manual is a bust....

elroy16
05-20-2015, 05:51 PM

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in any of this. This is even more laughable than the beat reporters pimping some late round running back in the first week of camp who invariably are out with the next cut.

This guy has about as much chance of getting the starting job as I do and I'll put an ice cold Labatt on the line for anyone that thinks otherwise.

Oh man, aren't you the high stakes gambler!

I agree that these reports are laughable, but I wouldn't be so quick to doubt Taylor. he was sought after this off-season by former coaches and to be perfectly honest, has the perfect sit behind a starter background a lot of people want in a qb.

It certainly is concerning that the coaches usually point out his athletic ability versus arm talent when taking about him, but we'll see.

BillsImpossible
05-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Which QB has the most potential/upside?

EJ is what he is. Nothing gives me good reason to think he's going to change. Cassel falls in the same category. We know what we have in both of them.

Tyrod Taylor has the most potential and upside. Good sources have said Taylor has a rocket arm, he's accurate, and he makes great long throws by extending plays with his feet.

Can't wait for next week, go double T-mobile!

Tyrod Taylor is everything the NFL and Buffalo Bills need. It would be a great story.

BillsImpossible
05-20-2015, 05:59 PM

I agree that these reports are laughable, but I wouldn't be so quick to doubt Taylor. he was sought after this off-season by former coaches and to be perfectly honest, has the perfect sit behind a starter background a lot of people want in a qb.

It certainly is concerning that the coaches usually point out his athletic ability versus arm talent when taking about him, but we'll see.

The Denver Broncos offered Taylor more money than the Bills did.

He didn't care about chasing the money, TT chose the Bills because he wants to start now, not next year.

I've been a huge fan of Tyrod Taylor ever since I read that.

BillsImpossible
05-20-2015, 06:19 PM

That's not a nice thing to say, gebobs.

A guy I have known for years (15 year season ticket holder) is very good friends with an employee of the Bills.

I've been hearing these rumors about Taylor for a while, and I think they're true.

Vic Carucci just wrote an article saying he thinks Cassel was signed to be the backup.

Joe Buscaglia just wrote an article saying he thinks EJ might get cut.

Articles like that are called, "feelers," in the biz.

Rex Ryan has said multiple times that Tyrod Taylor is the fastest quarterback in the NFL.

Ryan has publicly said that he's had his eye on Taylor for years.

It all adds up and makes sense.

Suggesting that the head coach of the Buffalo Bills should see a neurologist is foolish, and rude.

Sorry, but I don't drink Canadian beer.

SpikedLemonade
05-20-2015, 06:25 PM
As long as it is Roman who wants Taylor rather than Taylor being pushed upon him by a loudmouth who knows nothing about offense.

The last buffalo fan
05-20-2015, 06:26 PM
I've been a huge fan of Tyrod Taylor ever since I read that.

No ****!

Goobylal
05-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Taylor looks like another Thad Lewis. I doubt he's got it, but if he ends up being the starter, I'll root like hell for him.

BillsImpossible
05-20-2015, 06:46 PM
As long as it is Roman who wants Taylor rather than Taylor being pushed upon him by a loudmouth who knows nothing about offense.

If Rex Ryan knew nothing about offense, then why were his offensive lines so good? He did have some very good offensive lines, but he never had a QB.

If Rex Ryan knew nothing about offense, how in the world did he take a (rookie) QB like Mark Sanchez to the AFC Championship Game two years in a row?

To say that he knows nothing about offense is insulting and not true.

SpikedLemonade
05-20-2015, 06:53 PM
By elite defenses. That is how he did it.

It is true his GM gave him much better talent to work with on the OL compared to what the Bills have given him.

Meathead
05-20-2015, 06:59 PM
would be a great story if he could win the job and excel. i just doubt he will. good luck ty

Skooby
05-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Taylor wins my vote only because the other 3 guys we have can't be a NFL starter, he's all we got left.

TacklingDummy
05-20-2015, 07:10 PM
SUPERBOWL!!!!

YardRat
05-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Being voted 'most impressive of Bill's QB's' doesn't mean he's any good.

OpIv37
05-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Which QB has the most potential/upside?

EJ is what he is. Nothing gives me good reason to think he's going to change. Cassel falls in the same category. We know what we have in both of them.

Tyrod Taylor has the most potential and upside. Good sources have said Taylor has a rocket arm, he's accurate, and he makes great long throws by extending plays with his feet.

Can't wait for next week, go double T-mobile!

Tyrod Taylor is everything the NFL and Buffalo Bills need. It would be a great story.

Yeah well if games were won on "potential" and "upside" we would have won 12 of the last 15 Super Bowls. I agree with you on EJ and Cassel. No reason to believe they'll be any better than what we've already seen. But right now the only advantage Taylor has is that he's an unknown quantity.

And the NFL doesn't need a Rudy story. It needs a commishoner with balls.

OpIv37
05-20-2015, 07:15 PM

It's like being the smartest kid on the short bus or the fastest sprinter at fat camp.

SpikedLemonade
05-20-2015, 07:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MxRpOnqFNI

gebobs
05-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Fine. Double sawbuck suit'cha?

He is a third stringer at best.

jimmifli
05-20-2015, 11:21 PM

Normally I'd agree, but it's not like the other two have set the bar very high...

http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/worst-high-jump-ever.gif

http://i.imgur.com/joJ777k.gif

better days
05-21-2015, 12:17 AM

A guy I have known for years (15 year season ticket holder) is very good friends with an employee of the Bills.

I've been hearing these rumors about Taylor for a while, and I think they're true.

Vic Carucci just wrote an article saying he thinks Cassel was signed to be the backup.

Rex Ryan has said multiple times that Tyrod Taylor is the fastest quarterback in the NFL.

Suggesting that the head coach of the Buffalo Bills should see a neurologist is foolish, and rude.

Listening to the media is like reading this board.

many different OPINIONS about who will end up being the starting QB.

As Rex has said, let's see it play out.

I can't wait, should be a fun preseason.

Oaf
05-21-2015, 12:58 AM

Guy hasn't a single impressive passing performance in the NFL and he's our lead horse? Where's Fitzpatrick when you need him?

swiper
05-21-2015, 04:44 AM
Tyrod Taylor's other name is Ville Leino.

coastal
05-21-2015, 05:01 AM
The T-Mobile nickname is awesome.

hes our guy.

CommissarSpartacus
05-21-2015, 05:10 AM
Who the **** is Tyrod Taylor?

His claim to fame is he's the fastest qb in the NFL? Huh?

casdhf
05-21-2015, 05:17 AM
Taylor looks like another Thad Lewis. I doubt he's got it, but if he ends up being the starter, I'll root like hell for him.
Their styles aren't even remotely close. Unless you mean they're just two really dark journeyman QBs

Meathead
05-21-2015, 05:19 AM
hes no nick rolovich

Novacane
05-21-2015, 05:54 AM

If you pulled your head out of Tom Bradys ass long enough to read the threads you'd know who TT is!

Zoneblitser
05-21-2015, 07:09 AM

I rather be known for speed rather than a guy with soft balls

CommissarSpartacus
05-21-2015, 07:09 AM
If you pulled your head out of Tom Bradys ass long enough to read the threads you'd know who TT is!

Hey, I know the Bills signed him, should I be impressed? Is he the next Brad Smith?

OpIv37
05-21-2015, 07:21 AM

This is football, not track. JP Losman was fast too. So was Aaron Maybin. How'd that work out?

Speed is an asset in the NFL but it doesn't make one a complete player, especially in the case of QB. They need to be able to read D's and make the throws, not just scramble around on busted plays.

BertSquirtgum
05-21-2015, 07:33 AM

Don't worry about it. Worry about your cheaters.

djjimkelly
05-21-2015, 07:54 AM

hes a wannabe vick without the dog fighting ring

gebobs
05-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Hey, I know the Bills signed him, should I be impressed? Is he the next Brad Smith?

If only!!!! Smith was a perfect 2-for-2 passing in his Bills career!!

Oh wait...those were interceptions.

gebobs
05-21-2015, 08:08 AM

LOL You may want to make an appointment yourself.

If Tie Rod Taylor sees anything but mop up action in the preseason, the Bills may as well start making reservations for Cabo in January.

BillsImpossible
05-21-2015, 07:00 PM

If Tie Rod Taylor sees anything but mop up action in the preseason, the Bills may as well start making reservations for Cabo in January.

Mop up action?

Tyrod Taylor is going to wax the floor. Don't slip, gebobs.

Albany,n.y.
05-21-2015, 08:55 PM

Why make reservations they'll have to cancel, that is as dumb as thinking the Bills can't win with Tyrod, or can win with EJ.

swiper
05-22-2015, 04:06 AM
Why make reservations they'll have to cancel, that is as dumb as thinking the Bills can't win with Tyrod, or can win with EJ.

The amount of unbridled optimism over this 3rd string career back-up's chances of taking the Bills anywhere is absolutely ridiculous. And in lock-step with most Zone posters views of the Bills.

YardRat
05-22-2015, 04:36 AM
Maybe we should re-sign Ruvell Martin, he has the strongest arm amongst wide receivers.

swiper
05-22-2015, 06:31 AM
Maybe we should re-sign Ruvell Martin, he has the strongest arm amongst wide receivers.

He was not a bad receiver either.

Topas
05-22-2015, 06:59 AM
The amount of unbridled optimism over this 3rd string career back-up's chances of taking the Bills anywhere is absolutely ridiculous. And in lock-step with most Zone posters views of the Bills.

So many mistakes.
First, he was second string.
Second, he was there for one contract where he was the backup for a QB that was for a short time either the highest paid QB or one of the three highest-paid QBs (I don't recall exactly). So taking about a career backup is a overblown. We are not taking about Steve DeBerg.

You might be right that he will not start. But saying that he has no chance is stupid, given that the HC likes him and that the other twos suck.

And if you mean 'winning a Super Bowl' by saying 'taking the Bills anywhere', then that is an easy bet. For each new QB it is highly unlikely that he wins a Super Bowl.

swiper
05-22-2015, 07:57 AM
There are no mistakes.

You are dreaming.

casdhf
05-22-2015, 08:00 AM
The guy could be Mark Brunell, or he could be RJ. There is only one way to find out.

gr8slayer
05-22-2015, 10:33 PM

Yikes...

sudzy
05-23-2015, 04:58 AM
How closed minded are some Bills fans? Tyrod has been a back-up all his career to a better QB then the Bills have had since Kelly, let's write him off as a career backup. This isn't the Green Bay Packers we are talking about. The Bills have a Journeyman in Cassel and former 1st round pick EJ, who has been a disappointment so far. In my opinion, they are all starting out from the same point, zero. Is it unrealistic to think the most impressive guy should win the job?

YardRat
05-23-2015, 05:07 AM
So many mistakes.
First, he was second string.
Second, he was there for one contract where he was the backup for a QB that was for a short time either the highest paid QB or one of the three highest-paid QBs (I don't recall exactly). So taking about a career backup is a overblown. We are not taking about Steve DeBerg.

You might be right that he will not start. But saying that he has no chance is stupid, given that the HC likes him and that the other twos suck.

And if you mean 'winning a Super Bowl' by saying 'taking the Bills anywhere', then that is an easy bet. For each new QB it is highly unlikely that he wins a Super Bowl.

So what do you think the odds are that T-Mobile ends up being the next Kurt Warner or Aaron Rodgers vs the next RJ or Brian Brohm? Hell, what are the odds he even becomes the next Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson?

sudzy
05-23-2015, 05:15 AM
So what do you think the odds are that T-Mobile ends up being the next Kurt Warner or Aaron Rodgers vs the next RJ or Brian Brohm? Hell, what are the odds he even becomes the next Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson?

The chances he become Aaron Rodgers? 0%. The best thing you can hope for is that he can be a poor man's Kaepernick. Even then the odds are much better that he becomes another Rob Johnson then Kap. All I'm saying is, that I haven't seen anything from the other 2 guys to think he doesn't deserve an equal shot.

Night Train
05-23-2015, 06:01 AM
The great part is that they will fly or crash on the field and I'll enjoy going to camp for a few days to watch it begin and continue to observe it in the pre-season.

Sorry but it won't be decided on a message board. Pick your favorites and crush anyone that doesn't flock to your temple. Doesn't work that way.

swiper
05-23-2015, 06:20 AM
The chances he become Aaron Rodgers? 0%. The best thing you can hope for is that he can be a poor man's Kaepernick. Even then the odds are much better that he becomes another Rob Johnson then Kap. All I'm saying is, that I haven't seen anything from the other 2 guys to think he doesn't deserve an equal shot.

LOL. Did you see Kaepernick last season? He's been figured out.

How many running QBs have to come and go with careers of only 2 -3 productive years or less do people have to see until they go back to wanting a traditional drop back passer who can put the ball into the hands of wide receivers and let them use their legs downfield as opposed to the QBs in the back field. Some people don't get it.

Famous Amos
05-23-2015, 06:53 AM
The Bills and Bills fan has to start thinking like winners. Got to get rid of the loser mentality that has been so pervasive for twenty years here. Tyrod Taylor as starting QB? Is that the best we could do?

Knee jerk question after reading my post: Welp, who do you think the Bills should sign as QB? Who's available right now that's better than what we got?

Not my problem, I'm not in the Bills front office. It's their job to field the best team possible. I don't think the current stable of QBs qualify. Face it, we got three backup QBs vying for a starting position on an NFL franchise. Same damn story for years and years. Different coaches, different GMs, now different owner, same result: mediocre.

We've been down this road before. The Bills' FO over value mediocre players, Bills fan warm up to the idea and then get hooked on it and start to rep them like they are all pros or something. Loser mentality, we need to demand better than Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassell, and EJ Manuel.

Let's hope one of these guys can set the table for the next QB the Bills draft. Right, we can't expect anything more than a place holder with these guys?

Temper your enthusiasm guys, you're bound to be disappointed. It's not worth the energy. The chance any of these guys pan out for us is small.

Skooby
05-23-2015, 07:47 AM
I hope whoever wins plays well enough to not lose us games, last years offense was hard to watch.

better days
05-23-2015, 08:02 AM
Heath Evans was on the John Murphy show the other day.

He previously predicted the Bills will go 12-4 on NFL Network.

On Murphy's show, Evans said he thinks Cassel will be the starting QB.

He said Cassel is SMART & has played well every time he has had a GOOD OC.

djjimkelly
05-23-2015, 09:52 AM
I hope whoever wins plays well enough to not lose us games, last years offense was hard to watch.

orton was almost as unentertaining to watch as trent edwards

CommissarSpartacus
05-23-2015, 03:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A2tLGCQhPho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skooby
05-23-2015, 03:28 PM
trent edwards

If I had to hear anymore about his sister I was going to vomit.

JoeMama
05-24-2015, 02:17 AM
Doesn't shock me.

Manuel can't hit anyone beyond 10 yards.

Tuel is a nice third stringer, nothing more.

Cassel is a journeyman with only one good season outside the Patriots.

Goobylal
05-24-2015, 07:20 AM
I don't care who wins the job as long as the Bills make the playoffs. However Cassel isn't a long-term solution, so if he's starting, the Bills will still have to look for a franchise QB. I think that EJ has had poor coaching and OL play while Taylor hasn't played enough to tell whether he can do the job. But I still say Manuel has the most tools to be the man. I guess we'll see since it appears like they're going to run a true QB competition.

better days
05-24-2015, 07:43 AM
I don't care who wins the job as long as the Bills make the playoffs. However Cassel isn't a long-term solution, so if he's starting, the Bills will still have to look for a franchise QB. I think that EJ has had poor coaching and OL play while Taylor hasn't played enough to tell whether he can do the job. But I still say Manuel has the most tools to be the man. I guess we'll see since it appears like they're going to run a true QB competition.

Who knows?

Maybe Cassel wins the QB job but EJ shows enough that there is hope he can still be developed.

It could only help EJ to sit another year & watch a Vet who has played behind a great QB.

And if EJ shows nothing, it would still be foolish to cut him because injuries happen & his salary is guaranteed.

And I agree, EJ has the tools, that is the reason he was drafted.

He could end up being a good QB someday.

swiper
05-24-2015, 07:47 AM
What tools? LMFAO at that stupid statement.

He has terrible downfield vision.

Terrible ability to read a defense.

Terrible footwork.

Terrible at throwing the ball, as witnessed by all the overthrows, underthrows and throws into the stands.

His legs get him nowhere. He's brittle at a young age.

EJ Manuel has proven he has zero redeeming qualities. It was a huge blown pick.

better days
05-24-2015, 07:56 AM
What tools? LMFAO at that stupid statement.

He has terrible downfield vision.

Terrible ability to read a defense.

Terrible footwork.

Terrible at throwing the ball, as witnessed by all the overthrows, underthrows and throws into the stands.

His legs get him nowhere. He's brittle at a young age.

EJ Manuel has proven he has zero redeeming qualities. It was a huge blown pick.

I was talking about PHYSICAL tools, TOOL.

And Matt Stafford the Lions QB has had more injuries than EJ.

notacon
05-24-2015, 08:03 AM
Being the "most impressive of all Bills QBs so far" in May is irrelevant. Saying the same in September is in a different solar system.

Goobylal
05-24-2015, 01:32 PM
Who knows?

Maybe Cassel wins the QB job but EJ shows enough that there is hope he can still be developed.

It could only help EJ to sit another year & watch a Vet who has played behind a great QB.

And if EJ shows nothing, it would still be foolish to cut him because injuries happen & his salary is guaranteed.

And I agree, EJ has the tools, that is the reason he was drafted.

He could end up being a good QB someday.
Possibly. That would make him little different from Taylor.

swiper
05-25-2015, 12:05 PM
I was talking about PHYSICAL tools, TOOL.

And Matt Stafford the Lions QB has had more injuries than EJ.

I just told you - he has none. No arm. No legs. No brain. No instinct.

So you're gonna tell me he's a nice guy? LOL.

better days
05-25-2015, 12:23 PM
I just told you - he has none. No arm. No legs. No brain. No instinct.

So you're gonna tell me he's a nice guy? LOL.

Well, you are just WRONG.

EJ has all the measurables that teams look for in a QB, He is Big, can move, & YES he does have an arm.

I will concede he may not have the brain or the instincts to make it, time will tell.

better days
05-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Possibly. That would make him little different from Taylor.

When Taylor was drafted, the knocks on him were he was not accurate (like EJ) And that he was too short & had passes batted down at the line.

Both EJ & Tayloer can improve their accuracy, but I doubt Taylor gets any taller.

Topas
05-25-2015, 01:34 PM

good question. But I am not interested in the odds of T-Mobile becoming the next Kurt Warner. I would think they around 1% maybe lower.
But the odds, I am interested in are the odds of T-mobile being better than the other two AND good enough to get us in the playoffs.
These are also not very good, but I think they are better than many people here think.

gebobs
05-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Mop up action?

Tyrod Taylor is going to wax the floor. Don't slip, gebobs.

I'm not familiar with that metaphor. Is "waxing the floor" a good thing?

sukie
05-26-2015, 11:22 AM
i don't really care if it's Ej, Tyrod, Matt, or "x" QB as long as SOMEONE impresses.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't really care if it's Ej, Tyrod, Matt, or "x" QB as long as SOMEONE impresses.

swiper
05-26-2015, 12:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Say it to yourself twice more an it may come true.

Click your heels together too, while you're at it.

BillsImpossible
05-26-2015, 06:14 PM

How many running QBs have to come and go with careers of only 2 -3 productive years or less do people have to see until they go back to wanting a traditional drop back passer who can put the ball into the hands of wide receivers and let them use their legs downfield as opposed to the QBs in the back field. Some people don't get it.

The NFL is trying to find the right mix between both. They want a QB that can run and throw too.

Russell Wilson is the closest thing to being a, "Hybrid QB." He's got a ring and should have two.

Most high school and college programs are switching to offensive systems that want their quarterback to do more than just throw.

It's not really a new thing either, Steve Young and Brett Favre would agree. They extended plays with their feet.

Ben Roethlisberger is not a running quarterback, he's more like a dancing bear playing football. He extends plays with his feet.

Even the great pocket passing quarterbacks like Brady, Manning, and Rodgers extend plays with their fancy footwork that looks easy but isn't.

The player that will win the Bills quarterback competition will have the best smelling feet.

BillsImpossible
05-26-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm not familiar with that metaphor. Is "waxing the floor" a good thing?

Yes, it means to wipe out the competition.

BillsImpossible
05-26-2015, 07:12 PM
I don't care who wins the job as long as the Bills make the playoffs.

That's horse crap combined with cow manure!

After 15 years of no playoffs, I want the drought to end in a victorious flood at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA.

gebobs
05-27-2015, 04:21 AM
That's horse crap combined with cow manure!

After 15 years of no playoffs, I want the drought to end in a victorious flood at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA.

I'll be there!

Well, not for a Bills championship. I'm going to be there for the Dead show on 6/27.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it means to wipe out the competition.

Surely, you jest.

YardRat
05-27-2015, 04:57 AM

I think most Bill's fans would gladly take two to three productive years from a running QB while the team continues to search for a drop-back passer, at this point.

Night Train
05-30-2015, 05:01 AM
Rex viewing Taylor as a real option at starting QB may be a reflection of the ongoing transformation of the OL. His skills to avoid pressure and keep plays alive may be the difference.

Meanwhile, you bulk up at the skill positions on offense and the pressure is reduced considerably for whoever is under center. McCoy, Woods, Watkins, Harvin, Clay and plenty more show the Bills are very healthy in that dept.

The guy is 25, fast and without any wear on his body. If he shows any accuracy, you could see why he would be the preferred starter in 2015. I have little doubt the Bills will Draft/Acquire another QB in 2016 but this year the draft sucked for QB's and the Vet options were scarce. Cassel and Taylor were probably the best they could do.

Still think this is it for Manuel. He either has the camp of his life or is gone.

Rooting for the laundry. Go Bills.

k-oneputt
05-30-2015, 05:06 AM
Couldn't agree more.
EJ has three months to do what he has never done. I don't think he can do it. I think he is good as gone.

SpikedLemonade
05-30-2015, 05:13 AM
Rex viewing Taylor as a real option at starting QB may be a reflection of the ongoing transformation of the OL. His skills to avoid pressure and keep plays alive may be the difference.

Meanwhile, you bulk up at the skill positions on offense and the pressure is reduced considerably for whoever is under center. McCoy, Woods, Watkins, Harvin, Clay and plenty more show the Bills are very healthy in that dept.
The guy is 25, fast and without any wear on his body. If he shows any accuracy, you could see why he would be the preferred starter in 2015. I have little doubt the Bills will Draft/Acquire another QB in 2016 but this year the draft sucked for QB's and the Vet options were scarce. Cassel and Taylor were probably the best they could do.

Still think this is it for Manuel. He either has the camp of his life or is gone.

Rooting for the laundry. Go Bills.

"a reflection of the ongoing transformation of the OL" is a nice way of saying our OL is crap.

I agree that the quality of our OL limits the kind of QB we can have under centre and perhaps only a mobile QB can be successful behind it.

I can't believe that the money spent on Clay and Harvin could not have been better spent on 3 legitimate OL starters.

Mike
05-30-2015, 08:01 AM
"a reflection of the ongoing transformation of the OL" is a nice way of saying our OL is crap.

I agree that the quality of our OL limits the kind of QB we can have under centre and perhaps only a mobile QB can be successful behind it.

I can't believe that the money spent on Clay and Harvin could not have been better spent on 3 legitimate OL starters.

They went after Bulaga (sp?) hard & he ended up taking Less $$$ to stay with Pack.

better days
05-30-2015, 08:05 AM
They went after Bulaga (sp?) hard & he ended up taking Less $$$ to stay with Pack.

And I will take Clay & Harvin over any 2nd rate OL player the Bills could have gotten.

Night Train
05-30-2015, 08:19 AM
And I will take Clay & Harvin over any 2nd rate OL player the Bills could have gotten.

I have to agree there. The FA market for OL was paper thin. Iaputi didn't wish to leave the west and Bulaga said all along he was staying with GB. The rest were below average.

Incognito and Miller added to the mix at Guard and some actual positional coaching to go with an established coordinator should be a major positive. I'll give the line a chance before playing taps on a message board.

swiper
05-30-2015, 08:26 AM
I think most Bill's fans would gladly take two to three productive years from a running QB while the team continues to search for a drop-back passer, at this point.

You would take the RGIII debacle in Buffalo? And what they gave up to get that side show failure? Really?

These guys get lower body injuries just as they are rounding into their prime. It's a great set-up for a disappointing fall from grace every time.

Goobylal
05-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Bulaga ended-up re-signing with GB for 5-years at $6.75M/year. If that was less than what the Bills offered, then I'm glad he decided to stay in GB. He's never been a Pro Bowler, even as an alternate, much less an All-Pro.

swiper
05-30-2015, 08:44 AM
"You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

All you have to do is by the right lottery ticket, no?

better days
05-30-2015, 09:17 AM
Bulaga ended-up re-signing with GB for 5-years at $6.75M/year. If that was less than what the Bills offered, then I'm glad he decided to stay in GB. He's never been a Pro Bowler, even as an alternate, much less an All-Pro.

It was reported at the time, the Bills offered Bulaga more than he got from GB.

But it was obviously not enough more to get him out of GB.

I don't think the Bills wanted him as bad as they wanted Clay.

Goobylal
05-30-2015, 12:21 PM
All you have to do is by the right lottery ticket, no?
No. Buying a winning lottery ticket, while hard, is not "hard work."

It was reported at the time, the Bills offered Bulaga more than he got from GB.

But it was obviously not enough more to get him out of GB.

I don't think the Bills wanted him as bad as they wanted Clay.
Oh, I believe the Bills offered more and that unless it was a crazy offer, he was going to stay. I'm saying that if it was even $7M/year, much less a crazy offer, it was too much for him.

swiper
05-30-2015, 12:25 PM
I was being facetious Gooby.

Goobylal
05-30-2015, 12:35 PM
I was being facetious Gooby.
Sorry, I wasn't sure. Because that's the prevailing sentiment of many.

TakingItuptheChin
05-31-2015, 12:06 AM
Well, you are just WRONG.

EJ has all the measurables that teams look for in a QB, He is Big, can move, & YES he does have an arm.

I will concede he may not have the brain or the instincts to make it, time will tell.

All you listed about EJ is all turn to turd because he can't hit the broad side of the barn. His accuracies is atrocious to say the least.

better days
05-31-2015, 09:14 AM
All you listed about EJ is all turn to turd because he can't hit the broad side of the barn. His accuracies is atrocious to say the least.

It is not about accuracy, it is about CONSISTENCY.

If you look at EJ's highlights on YouTube, you will see accuracy.

But EJ has exhibited that accuracy less than 60% of the time so far.

We will see if his consistency has improved when the Bills get to TC.

YardRat
05-31-2015, 09:59 AM
You would take the RGIII debacle in Buffalo? And what they gave up to get that side show failure? Really?

These guys get lower body injuries just as they are rounding into their prime. It's a great set-up for a disappointing fall from grace every time.

No, that wasn't the point. Nobody is suggesting giving up the farm for a running QB, and RGIII doesn't exactly fit the "2-3 productive years" description anyway. There also is a completely opposite sentiment from buying-in on a running QB as a keeper in my comments. The point is getting a couple of productive seasons out of a Tyrod Taylor-type while they are searching for a drop-back passer would be better than what we've had this century and most fans would welcome that.

I really don't like the Vicks, Taylors, and Kaps of the NFL world, never have, but if one can step up and play well enough to lead the team to the playoffs and the front office keeps trying to find the franchise guy I'd be good with that.

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2015, 07:50 AM

So when are you starting?

gebobs
09-15-2015, 11:11 AM
So when are you starting?

Hah! I am going to serve up my hat and wash it down with a Labatt.

Though no one took me up, I'll be home for Thanksgiving and will gladly buy any of you folks a Labatt. Two if they are 7-3 or better. And I will do it gladly!