PDA

View Full Version : man was I wrong ....

casdhf
05-21-2015, 05:22 AM
I loved the Leino signing. Talk about horridly wrong. Why didn't he work out?

Anyone else have a move they were just sure would be amazing .... And was terribly wrong?

JATMtheJATM
05-21-2015, 05:41 AM

Anyone else have a move they were just sure would be amazing .... And was terribly wrong?

Edgar Renteria. Tigers needed a slick fielding short stop with a good bat so badly. It just never worked.

Oh, you mean hockey. If we are talking strictly free agent signings, lino and ehrhoff for sure. Ehrhoff was never bad in buffalo, I thought he was the final piece to get the sabres over the hump from playoff team to playoff threat. Get past the first round, maybe the second. Just never worked. Hence why we are in a rebuild. The old core just wasn't anything other then pretty good.

OpIv37
05-21-2015, 07:35 AM
I wanted to keep Drury over Briere. We kept neither but clearly keeping Briere would have been the way to go.

I wasn't as thrilled as some about Leino but I did like the move at the time.

gebobs
05-21-2015, 08:15 AM
Jacques Richard

Skooby
05-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Derrick Dockery.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Perry Tuttle.

Ingtar33
05-21-2015, 06:58 PM

you could see why he wouldn't work when he got on the ice with the team. He couldn't play Lindy's open offensive system. He clearly was just out of position, a step slow, and frankly was a defensive liability to the point he didn't see any minutes.

JATMtheJATM
05-21-2015, 07:12 PM
you could see why he wouldn't work when he got on the ice with the team. He couldn't play Lindy's open offensive system. He clearly was just out of position, a step slow, and frankly was a defensive liability to the point he didn't see any minutes.

thats what was so puzzling. leino was seen as a two-way forward with grand rapids/detroit and philly. once he got to buffalo, nothing seemed to work for him, short of the lockout season when he put up 6 points in 8 games in between his injuries.

Ingtar33
05-21-2015, 11:25 PM
thats what was so puzzling. leino was seen as a two-way forward with grand rapids/detroit and philly. once he got to buffalo, nothing seemed to work for him, short of the lockout season when he put up 6 points in 8 games in between his injuries.

at the time Leino got here Lindy still was trying to run his wide open offensive system. this required the wings to keep their heads on a swivel for pinching defensemen, and to switch with them. I remember Leino had a HUGE problem catching onto this concept. he always was slow to cover the point, and was even slower to recognize it was his responsibility to do so. That said it wasn't all his fault... around that same time they brought in a few defensemen who completely didn't fit what the team was doing and the whole team chemistry collapsed that season. So there was a LOT more going on that year then Leino messing up. a lot of people were messing up. that team was just a disaster.

swiper
05-22-2015, 03:55 AM
Pierre Turgeon
Tom Cousineau

Dude
05-22-2015, 06:20 AM
Taro Tsujimoto

The Jokeman
05-22-2015, 12:42 PM
I thought Erik Rasmussen was going to be the next great American born player.