PDA

View Full Version : Marcell Dareus suspended for the first game of the season

MillsapsBillsFan
05-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Per Adam Schefter, suspended for violating the NFL Policy and program for substance abuse

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/601474388123344898

Mr. Miyagi
05-21-2015, 02:12 PM
He should lawyer up and appeal like Crybrady.

Meathead
05-21-2015, 02:40 PM
thats reasonable

Goobylal
05-21-2015, 02:53 PM
He should lawyer up and appeal like Crybrady.
Definintely. Spice isn't banned by the NFL, he complied with the courts' request that he enter a pre-trial diversion program to get charges dropped AND he voluntarily entered the substance abuse program.

YardRat
05-21-2015, 05:53 PM
No beef with that.

Thurmal
05-21-2015, 05:56 PM
This is complete nonsense! I don't care that he was caught with a banned substance and admitted to it! I want to see video evidence of his arrest and his urine test. I also want a full investigation done on the arresting officer, the NFL's drug-test administrator, and everyone who who works at the lab where the synthetic weed was analyzed. For all we know, that could've just been a tea bag he was delivering to his grandmother to help soothe her sore throat! All of these people are HATERZ who are jealous of Marcel's run-stopping ability. I'm sure that Mr. Pegula will do everything in his power to sue the league, remove Roger Goodell as commissioner, and restore honor to the team and our community leader, Marcel Dareus!

Sorry, just wanted to pretend to be a Pats fan for fun.

ICRockets
05-21-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm glad we're starting the season against a team who, historically, are terrible on the ground.

BillsImpossible
05-21-2015, 06:03 PM
If Dareus gets 1 game and Marcia gets her suspension reduced to 2, that would look really bad.

OpIv37
05-21-2015, 06:07 PM
0-1.

We couldn't beat the ****ing Raiders without Dareus. No way we beat the Colts.

BillsImpossible
05-21-2015, 06:07 PM
I'm glad we're starting the season against a team who, historically, are terrible on the ground.

Great point.

The Colts win because of Andrew Luck, not their running game.

BillsImpossible
05-21-2015, 06:11 PM
0-1.

Bills have home field advantage. It's the first game of the season, not the second to last game out on the West Coast with Marrone and Co.

The whole team sucked that day, probably because they had a little bit too much fun in Oakland.

Thurmal
05-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Too bad they signed Frank Gore this offseason, who has excelled running between the tackles.

BillsImpossible
05-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Who replaces Dareus week 1?

Stefan Charles? Kyle Williams?

Goobylal
05-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Too bad they signed Frank Gore this offseason, who has excelled running between the tackles.
That behind SF's OL not Indy's, and he's not the RB he once was.

Downinfloflo
05-21-2015, 07:05 PM
He should get an extra 4 games for being a wuss and using fake drugs, Man up Marcel!!

BillsImpossible
05-21-2015, 07:08 PM
He should get an extra 4 games for being a wuss and using fake drugs, Man up Marcel!!

There he is! Where's your ass been Downinfloflo? Good to see you back.

BillsImpossible
05-21-2015, 07:20 PM
That behind SF's OL not Indy's, and he's not the RB he once was.

Gore just turned 32. He's the type of RB that is a lot like Fred Jackson. They just keep going and going and going.

Frank still has gas in the tank.

He's going to mow the lawn every Sunday until he runs out of gas. I have a lot of respect for Frank Gore.

Goobylal
05-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Gore just turned 32. He's the type of RB that is a lot like Fred Jackson. They just keep going and going and going.

Frank still has gas in the tank.

He's going to mow the lawn every Sunday until he runs out of gas. I have a lot of respect for Frank Gore.
So do I. Like I do for Fred. But father time catches up eventually. Gore was barely a 1,100 yard back with a better OL the past couple years.

Buffalogic
05-21-2015, 11:22 PM
0-1.

We couldn't beat the ****ing Raiders without Dareus. No way we beat the Colts.everyone said that about GB last year. Colts are a flawed team. They lose in the playoffs year after year for the same reason. They can't stop anyone on the ground. Bills have proven they can shut down good offenses. Indy won't be able to score enough in the limited time they have the ball due to them being incapable of stopping our running game.

Definitely expect a win in this one.

Night Train
05-22-2015, 03:24 AM
0-1.

Oh please. They are the walking definition of Average away from home.

swiper
05-22-2015, 03:50 AM
Oh please. They are the walking definition of Average away from home.

They have made more improvements than the Bills this offseason.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 06:48 AM
everyone said that about GB last year. Colts are a flawed team. They lose in the playoffs year after year for the same reason. They can't stop anyone on the ground. Bills have proven they can shut down good offenses. Indy won't be able to score enough in the limited time they have the ball due to them being incapable of stopping our running game.

Definitely expect a win in this one.

It's not about them. It's about us. First game with new offense and new defense, missing a key defensive player due to suspension.

Night Train
05-22-2015, 08:03 AM
It's not about them. It's about us. First game with new offense and new defense, missing a key defensive player due to suspension.

Like we had an offense last season ?? Even in the first regular season game, how could it NOT be better with an actual OC in Roman.., McCoy, Harvin, Clay and others added to Wood and Watkins ?

The D will attack Luck and they have no running game. I welcome the challenge and don't fear them at all on the road. The noise level will be insane that day.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 08:06 AM
Like we had an offense last season ?? Even in the first regular season game, how could it NOT be better with an actual OC in Roman.., McCoy, Harvin, Clay and others added to Wood and Watkins ?

The D will attack Luck and they have no running game. I welcome the challenge and don't fear them at all on the road. The noise level will be insane that day.
Still no OL, still no QB, still our first real test of the season. And they may have a running game without Dareus and Spikes to stuff it.

better days
05-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Still no OL, still no QB, still our first real test of the season. And they may have a running game without Dareus and Spikes to stuff it.

The OL will be better than last year. You can take that to the bank.

As will the entire offense be better than last year, whoever starts at QB, he will play better than EJ & Orton did last year.

senseofdoom
05-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Bills have home field advantage. It's the first game of the season, not the second to last game out on the West Coast with Marrone and Co.

The whole team sucked that day, probably because they had a little bit too much fun in Oakland.

You've clearly never been to Oakland.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-22-2015, 09:43 AM

I disagree. Our upgrades at HB and TE are larger than theirs at HB and DE. And I don't like their draft any more than I like ours. That doesn't mean we've caught them, but that team is still a two man show that pads its record against the AFC South jokers. I think it will be a close game.

Goobylal
05-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Where? They added a bunch of old guys on the downsides of their careers in FA and their draft doesn't help them much this year.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 10:38 AM
The OL will be better than last year. You can take that to the bank.

As will the entire offense be better than last year, whoever starts at QB, he will play better than EJ & Orton did last year.

The OL will be better because it's Damon near impossible to be worse. They still won't be good enough because they still didn't add enough talent.

better days
05-22-2015, 10:54 AM
The OL will be better because it's Damon near impossible to be worse. They still won't be good enough because they still didn't add enough talent.

It remains to be seen, but I think Incognito, And Miller provide enough added talent to make the OL GOOD.

And with a real NFL OC, and players like Harvin, McCoy, Felton & Clay added, it is CRAZY to think the Bills offense won't be MUCH IMPROVED from last year.

Goobylal
05-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Glenn not having his illness, Henderson not being a rookie, Incognito, Miller looking like a gem, and better offensive coaching will make the OL much better this year.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 11:00 AM
It remains to be seen, but I think Incognito, And Miller provide enough added talent to make the OL GOOD.

And with a real NFL OC, and players like Harvin, McCoy, Felton & Clay added, it is CRAZY to think the Bills offense won't be MUCH IMPROVED from last year.
None of those guys offer any improvement if our OL and and qb don't get the job done.

Goobylal
05-22-2015, 11:02 AM
None of those guys offer any improvement if our OL and and qb don't get the job done.
Felton and Clay provide blocking which helps out the OL. And with a strong running game, even a 55% passer and one who throws more TD's than INT's can take this team to the playoffs.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Glenn not having his illness, Henderson not being a rookie, Incognito, Miller looking like a gem, and better offensive coaching will make the OL much better this year.

The same guys plus a rookie and an unknown quantity who hasn't played in a year and half.....but yeah they'll magically be better.

better days
05-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Felton and Clay provide blocking which helps out the OL. And with a strong running game, even a 55% passer and one who throws more TD's than INT's can take this team to the playoffs.

And even if the OL plays no better than last year, the addition of McCoy, Harvin Clay & Felton absolutely make the offense better than it was last year, but the OL will be better as well.

Goobylal
05-22-2015, 11:09 AM
The same guys plus a rookie and an unknown quantity who hasn't played in a year and half.....but yeah they'll magically be better.
LOL! Only you can read what I wrote and invoke "magic" as the reason they'll be better. SMH.

- - - Updated - - -

And even if the OL plays no better than last year, the addition of McCoy, Harvin Clay & Felton absolutely make the offense better than it was last year, but the OL will be better as well.
Yup. More weapons means more players to have to defend.

better days
05-22-2015, 11:09 AM

Watch the MAGIC happen Op, right before your eyes, you are going to see a REAL offense appear.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 11:11 AM
LOL! Only you can read what I wrote and invoke "magic" as the reason they'll be better. SMH.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. More weapons means more players to have to defend.

Coaches don't add talent. Being healthy doesn't add talent. Not being a rookie doesn't add talent. So yeah, it's magic.

Goobylal
05-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Coaches don't add talent. Being healthy doesn't add talent. Not being a rookie doesn't add talent. So yeah, it's magic.
This is so wrong it's not even funny.

better days
05-22-2015, 11:21 AM

So Belicheat adds nothing to the Pats*.

The CHEATERS would have won the Super Bowl with Marrone as their HC is what you are saying OpIv? LMAO at that.

And a ROOKIE can have more talent than a vet. And Miller will prove to have more talent than the vets he competes against or he won't be the starter.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 11:26 AM
I swear, every off-season is déjà ****ing vu on this board.

The FO fails to address a glaring hole, so people who want to believe the team will be better come up with crap like "better coaching" or "player improvement" to justify their belief.

Yet, then the season starts and the results are the same. It never ****ing happens.

That's not to say that no player has ever improved because of experience or coaching, but it has never happened on the scale necessary to make the team as a whole or even a unit better without adding talent. Of course, that little bit of reality never seems to dissuade those who are trying to justify a belief.....

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 11:27 AM
So Belicheat adds nothing to the Pats*.

The CHEATERS would have won the Super Bowl with Marrone as their HC is what you are saying OpIv? LMAO at that.

And a ROOKIE can have more talent than a vet. And Miller will prove to have more talent than the vets he competes against or he won't be the starter.

I don't know if Marrone would have won the SB with that roster or not, but they have far more talent and experience than we do.

Actually I take that back. They wouldn't have won with Marrone because Marrone may be an ******* but he doesn't cheat.

better days
05-22-2015, 11:29 AM

The FO fails to address a glaring hole, so people who want to believe the team will be better come up with crap like "better coaching" or "player improvement" to justify their belief.

Yet, then the season starts and the results are the same. It never ****ing happens.

That's not to say that no player has ever improved because of experience or coaching, it has never happened on the scale necessary to make the team as a whole or even a unit better without adding talent. Of course, that little bit of reality never seems to dissuade those who are trying to justify a belief.....

Here is REALITY OpIv: Incognito, Miller, Harvin, McCoy, Clay, Felton, Cassell have been added to the team.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 11:31 AM
Here is REALITY OpIv: Incognito, Miller, Harvin, McCoy, Clay, Felton, Cassell have been added to the team.
Here's the reality: still no OL, still no QB. Fancy rims and a booming sound system doesn't change the fact that the engine is running on 3 cylinders.

better days
05-22-2015, 11:32 AM
I don't know if Marrone would have won the SB with that roster or not, but they have far more talent and experience than we do.

Actually I take that back. They wouldn't have won with Marrone because Marrone may be an ******* but he doesn't cheat.

The only two positions on the Pats* that have greater talent than the Bills have is the QB & TE.

And the reason the Pats* can't win without cheating is because of that.

better days
05-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Here's the reality: still no OL, still no QB. Fancy rims and a booming sound system doesn't change the fact that the engine is running on 3 cylinders.

NO, that is NOT reality.

You just refuse to see REALITY. Watch the MAGIC happen then.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 11:35 AM
NO, that is NOT reality.

You just refuse to see REALITY. Watch the MAGIC happen then.

The two biggest issues with the team last year were not properly addressed. That's the reality.

Goobylal
05-22-2015, 12:01 PM
The two biggest issues with the team last year were not properly addressed. That's the reality.
No, they were addressed. And properly at that, although there's no real way to "properly address" QB these days. And thanks to Marrone, coaching has been addressed.

better days
05-22-2015, 12:30 PM

Both the OL & QB were addresses as best could be expected.

But the Bills went 9-7 last year with a TERRIBLE Coaching staff.

If you don't think the Bills will be a much better team this year you should not waste your time watching them.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 12:30 PM
No, they were addressed. And properly at that, although there's no real way to "properly address" QB these days. And thanks to Marrone, coaching has been addressed.

I understand that there wasn't much they could do about QB, but it doesn't change the reality that we still aren't very good at the most important position on the field.

And adding a guy that hasn't played in a year and a half and a rookie does not constitute "properly addressing. " they were the worst unit in the team last year and one of the worst OL's in the NFL.

better days
05-22-2015, 12:32 PM
I understand that there wasn't much they could do about QB, but it doesn't change the reality that we still aren't very good at the most important position on the field.

And adding a guy that hasn't played in a year and a half and a rookie does not constitute "properly addressing. " they were the worst unit in the team last year and one of the worst OL's in the NFL.

And a big reason for that was the COACHING, not the players.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Both the OL & QB were addresses as best could be expected.

But the Bills went 9-7 last year with a TERRIBLE Coaching staff.

If you don't think the Bills will be a much better team this year you should not waste your time watching them.

So you wouldn't watch the Bills if you didn't think they would be good? You know,nive often suspected that people like you need to convince yourselves that the team would be good in order to keep watching. You just admitted it.

I watch the games no matter how good or bad I think the team is going to be.

- - - Updated - - -

And a big reason for that was the COACHING, not the players.

No, a big reason for that was lack of talent.

Night Train
05-22-2015, 12:50 PM
It's obvious Rex and Co. need to call the NFL and just forfeit the opener. :wail:

Goobylal
05-22-2015, 12:56 PM

I'd say the Bills are no better or worse off than around half the teams in the NFL at QB as it stands, and I think that either Taylor of EJ will prove to be above average. However they're better than most almost everywhere else. If Incognito didn't forget how to play football, and I doubt he did, and Miller can at least be an average OG, the Bills should be much improved on offense given those and the weapons they've added. In addition to...

Talent doesn't just refer to the players on the field. Coaching obviously makes a difference.

better days
05-22-2015, 03:47 PM
So you wouldn't watch the Bills if you didn't think they would be good? You know,nive often suspected that people like you need to convince yourselves that the team would be good in order to keep watching. You just admitted it.

I watch the games no matter how good or bad I think the team is going to be.

- - - Updated - - -

The lack of talent was Marrone's REFUSAL to make proper use of the talent he had such as Urbik & Mike Williams.

That is COACHING.

SpikedLemonade
05-22-2015, 03:57 PM
The only two positions on the Pats* that have greater talent than the Bills have is the QB & TE.

So you are saying the five positions on the Pats known as the OL does not have greater talent than the Bills?

better days
05-22-2015, 04:04 PM
So you are saying the five positions on the Pats known as the OL does not have greater talent than the Bills?

Tell us who on their OL is better than who is on the Bills.

better days
05-22-2015, 04:06 PM

That's not to say that no player has ever improved because of experience or coaching, but it has never happened on the scale necessary to make the team as a whole or even a unit better without adding talent. Of course, that little bit of reality never seems to dissuade those who are trying to justify a belief.....

Yeah it is dejavu again Op.

You said the same thing last year, predicting the Bills would finish no better than 6-10 no doubt.

Well, the Bills had a winning record last year Op, unlike the year before last.

SpikedLemonade
05-22-2015, 04:15 PM
Tell us who on their OL is better than who is on the Bills.

Forget it.

It is a waste of time discussing anything with someone who has a Bills dildo constantly up his ass.

Carry on homer.

better days
05-22-2015, 04:18 PM
Forget it.

It is a waste of time discussing anything with someone who has a Bills dildo constantly up his ass.

Carry on homer.

Well, wipe it good before sticking it in your mouth.

You did not answer because you do not know.

OpIv37
05-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Yeah it is dejavu again Op.

You said the same thing last year, predicting the Bills would finish no better than 6-10 no doubt.

Well, the Bills had a winning record last year Op, unlike the year before last.

First, you have proof of that? I honestly don't remember what I predicted last year.

Second, even if I was wrong last year, I've been within one game every other year in the history of this website. And I predicted one more win than we actually had several times. So my track record is pretty damn good.