PDA

View Full Version : Greg Roman will know who starting QB is in 3 weeks.

HHURRICANE
05-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Just read on BB website that Greg Roman will know who starting QB is after OTAs end in 3 weeks. He said of course that he would keep it to himself but I think it will be impossible to not know his thought based on how they set up team from there.

I think this is good news and tells me that the Bills recognize how important it is that they get the starters to gel sooner than later.

Our oline already looks set.

Skooby
05-24-2015, 09:27 AM
The more work they can put in earlier, the better of the whole the whole team will be.

JoeMama
05-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Greg Roman is a fool. He thinks it's still the 90's and ground and pound is the way to go. It's nonsense.

Trestman would have been a far better hire.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Greg Roman is a fool. He thinks it's still the 90's and ground and pound is the way to go. It's nonsense.

Wait. The Bills were excellent in the 90's. Erection!

better days
05-24-2015, 11:08 AM

The Seahawks have done pretty well with the Ground & Pound.

And they picked up a GREAT RB for only a 4th rnd pick.

Meathead
05-24-2015, 11:11 AM
he didnt say he would know he said he would know who would be in the lead by then

otoh, i can say who it will be right now

Dr. Who
05-24-2015, 11:20 AM
he didnt say he would know he said he would know who would be in the lead by then

Better keep that to yourself, Meat. Certain answers are unacceptable in these parts.

HHURRICANE
05-24-2015, 12:45 PM

No he said he'd have an opinion by then. In other words he would have a recommendation. If you squeeze EJ's sack anY harder it might pop.

Meathead
05-24-2015, 01:26 PM
lol. oh my mistake. an opinion or a recommendation instead of who was in the lead. yeah no what was i thinking

feldspar
05-24-2015, 01:27 PM

Ground-and-pound IS the way to go when you don't have a premier quarterback and have no real chance of getting one.

It's not like they passed up on viable QB options because they had their hearts set on the ground-and-pound. It's really matter of necessity, and that's just common sense...should be obvious.

Who knows? It could even work.

Meathead
05-24-2015, 01:42 PM
rexy and co are playing this perfectly btw. constant reinforcement that its a real competition. and it is, i just dont think it ends at season start. ej is a mgmt logic decision so he gets first crack, he sinks or swims, then its old reliable or gadget redeaux if ej bombs

rexy and fat face are sticking to it, which is very good. and theres always the chance somebody could blow the other two away, but that just seems unlikely. or ej could bomb again, which seems more likely. but most likely seems like a virtual tie, with tyrod piling up rushing yds and big plays against scrubs, cassel looking mediocre all the time, and who knows what from ej but probably way better than he ended at least thru preseason

this dueling fields thing the coaches got going is awesome. they should make a video and dub music for the competition: banjo music when matts playing, rap when tyrod is in there, and easy listening jazz fusion for ej

JoeMama
05-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Ground-and-pound IS the way to go when you don't have a premier quarterback and have no real chance of getting one.

It's not like they passed up on viable QB options because they had their hearts set on the ground-and-pound. It's really matter of necessity, and that's just common sense...should be obvious.

I severely doubt it.

The Seahawks have a brilliant QB in Russell Wilson.

With us, other teams can just stack the box and laugh their asses off at how bad LeSean McCoy is without a QB to take the pressure off him.

Keep in mind, he was subpar last season despite having a pretty good line and -- for a while -- a pretty good QB.

JoeMama
05-24-2015, 02:55 PM
Wait. The Bills were excellent in the 90's. Erection!

I spend every minute of every day wishing it were still the 90s.

You don't gotta remind me.

JoeMama
05-24-2015, 02:57 PM
The Seahawks have done pretty well with the Ground & Pound.

And they picked up a GREAT RB for only a 4th rnd pick.

Dumbass, they have Russell Wilson at QB.

You think we can get away with D's not stacking the box against us?

Our QB's are complete garbage.

BillsImpossible
05-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Dumbass, they have Russell Wilson at QB.

You think we can get away with D's not stacking the box against us?

Our QB's are complete garbage.

How can you say that when you've only seen 2 out of 3 play?

I think Roman already knows who's going to be the starting quarterback.

JoeMama
05-24-2015, 03:31 PM
How can you say that when you've only seen 2 out of 3 play?

I think Roman already knows who's going to be the starting quarterback.

I've seen all 4 of our QB's play.

Don't make assumptions you can't back up.

JoeMama
05-24-2015, 03:38 PM
BTW Greg Roman was a ****ty hire.

Marc Trestman was the guy we needed.

And we needed to make a bigger push for a better FA QB.

Because God knows EJ is the dumpster fire of all QB's.

Even worse than Trent Edwards.

Mace
05-24-2015, 04:16 PM

Not paying attention to the fake Mama posts, ground and pound is the only way to go and Ryan loves it anyway. I have a feeling it will work for a while anyway, but hinges on whether or not the QB will be able to hit playmaker targets when they stack the box against it, or whether or not the QB can run any (Manuel/Taylor).

They're probably about as well prepared as they can be for better or worse.

BillsImpossible
05-24-2015, 04:49 PM

Oh God, please help JoeMama.

BillsImpossible
05-24-2015, 04:52 PM
I've seen all 4 of our QB's play.

Don't make assumptions you can't back up.

I think I backed my assumptions up by being the first, 'moron,' to post about Tyrod Taylor being the next starting QB for the Bills.

BillsImpossible
05-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Marc Trestman?

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-chicago-bears-marc-trestman-photos-20130115/

Really?

Rex Ryan fits Buffalo like an extra crispy hot fat or flat wing dipped in Buffalo Bleu cheese.

Marc Trestman belongs in LA.

BillsImpossible
05-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Trestman had a better quarterback than the Bills have had since Drew Bledsoe.

How'd that work out for Trestman? His team was loaded with talent, and he failed.

Trestman sucks.

Mace
05-24-2015, 05:11 PM

Or whoever is using his account. That's not Mama.

BillsImpossible
05-24-2015, 05:19 PM
3 weeks to decide who's going to be pulling the trigger for the Bills.

3 weeks! To me that says Roman has a VERY good idea about who he thinks is the best QB on the team.

better days
05-24-2015, 09:01 PM

3 weeks! To me that says Roman has a VERY good idea about who he thinks is the best QB on the team.

And I would hope it is EJ, but I think it is Cassel.

Topas
05-25-2015, 02:11 AM
I think I backed my assumptions up by being the first, 'moron,' to post about Tyrod Taylor being the next starting QB for the Bills.

I am pretty sure that I was the first moron. But since I post on several message booard, I might have been second here. The only sure thing is that I am a moron, although maybe not the first :)

YardRat
05-25-2015, 04:25 AM

That would concern me a little bit. If he's already got a 'VERY good idea' without seeing them actually run his offense it could prejudice his judgement.

HHURRICANE
05-25-2015, 04:54 AM
That would concern me a little bit. If he's already got a 'VERY good idea' without seeing them actually run his offense it could prejudice his judgement.

Cassel is an excellent back up. Not a true starter but the Bills don't have a better option. If Cassel has time he should be able to run this "pound it out" offense. Cassel can throw a screen and he does seem to play well in the red zone.

mightysimi
05-25-2015, 07:16 AM
I severely doubt it.

With us, other teams can just stack the box and laugh their asses off at how bad LeSean McCoy is without a QB to take the pressure off him.

Keep in mind, he was subpar last season despite having a pretty good line and -- for a while -- a pretty good QB.

Subpar for him but still 3rd in the league in rushing yards.

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 07:33 AM
Subpar for him but still 3rd in the league in rushing yards.

Look at McCoy's season stats.

He was as feast or famine as they come.

mightysimi
05-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Look at McCoy's season stats.

He was as feast or famine as they come.

Yes he was last season. However, if the feast is still 1300 yards, it is still better than what we had in a very long time. I do hope he gets back to being more consistant though.

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 07:41 AM
Yes he was last season. However, if the feast is still 1300 yards, it is still better than what we had in a very long time. I do hope he gets back to being more consistant though.

Eh we'll see.

With our **** storm at QB I don't envision McCoy having much success against an 8 or 9 man front.

mightysimi
05-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Eh we'll see.

With our **** storm at QB I don't envision McCoy having much success against an 8 or 9 man front.

Well there is that. I'm hoping one of them can hit a slant or 7 yard out to take a little pressure of Shady.

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 08:04 AM
Well there is that. I'm hoping one of them can hit a slant or 7 yard out to take a little pressure of Shady.

Sigh...

I don't think any of our QB's can accomplish even that much.

better days
05-25-2015, 08:14 AM
I severely doubt it.

Whoever the QB is for the Bills, they won't have to complete 100% of their throws to keep other teams from stacking the box.

Just the THREAT of a long completion will be enough to do that.

In Goodwin's rookie year, he caught some LONG balls, as did Robert Woods. Add Watkins & Harvin into the mix & teams will have their hands full.

Do teams really want to stack the box with the THREAT one of those receivers taking one to the house?

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 08:39 AM
Whoever the QB is for the Bills, they won't have to complete 100% of their throws to keep other teams from stacking the box.

Just the THREAT of a long completion will be enough to do that.

In Goodwin's rookie year, he caught some LONG balls, as did Robert Woods. Add Watkins & Harvin into the mix & teams will have their hands full.

Do teams really want to stack the box with the THREAT one of those receivers taking one to the house?

You're a good guy better days but you're naive as all hell.

We don't have anyone with touch on the long ball.

So stop bringing up these inane posts where you consider it a possibility.

It's ****ing not. And it doesn't take a genius to recognize it.

mightysimi
05-25-2015, 08:40 AM
A threat works only as long as they think you can make it. If there are 2-3 games that show we can't make those throws, how long before they let they corners single everyone on the outside?

better days
05-25-2015, 08:49 AM
A threat works only as long as they think you can make it. If there are 2-3 games that show we can't make those throws, how long before they let they corners single everyone on the outside?

Like I said, EJ hit Goodwin a few times his Rookie year.

If the Bills have the threat of a long completion, that will keep defenses honest.

And two things, one is Rex has said the Bills will throw LONG this year, & two Roman has said teams won't know what to expect from the Bills offense this year.

I HOPE teams stack the box. And if they do & McCoy or Harvin break through that box, it is going to be a LONG run with a TD likely at the end of it.

mightysimi
05-25-2015, 08:53 AM
Like I said, EJ hit Goodwin a few times his Rookie year.

If the Bills have the threat of a long completion, that will keep defenses honest.

And two things, one is Rex has said the Bills will throw LONG this year, & two Roman has said teams won't know what to expect from the Bills offense this year.

I HOPE teams stack the box. And if they do & McCoy or Harvin break through that box, it is going to be a LONG run with a TD likely at the end of it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I would like this to happen too but when teams see you hit maybe 7% of your long throws, they might think that is an acceptible number and take away everything else. There has been some long passes but I bet there were more that were thrown out of bounds.

swiper
05-25-2015, 12:18 PM

Yes you are a moron.

better days
05-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I would like this to happen too but when teams see you hit maybe 7% of your long throws, they might think that is an acceptible number and take away everything else. There has been some long passes but I bet there were more that were thrown out of bounds.

Even if it is only a 7% chance a long pass is completed, if no safety is back there to defend, it will go for a TD.

In a tight low scoring game which I expect the Bills to play many of, one play like that can win the game.

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 12:38 PM

There is no God and he certainly can't help my ironclad logic that our QB's are complete dumpster fires.

But you keep living in fantasy land.

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 12:40 PM
Marc Trestman?

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-chicago-bears-marc-trestman-photos-20130115/

Really?

Rex Ryan fits Buffalo like an extra crispy hot fat or flat wing dipped in Buffalo Bleu cheese.

Marc Trestman belongs in LA.

Trestman knows how to build a passing game.

You know, the most important position in all of football unless you live under a ****ing rock and don't know **** about football.

BillsImpossible
05-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Trestman knows how to build a passing game.

You know, the most important position in all of football unless you live under a ****ing rock and don't know **** about football.

I guess that means Cutler lives under a rock and don't know Bo about football.

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Not paying attention to the fake Mama posts, ground and pound is the only way to go and Ryan loves it anyway. I have a feeling it will work for a while anyway, but hinges on whether or not the QB will be able to hit playmaker targets when they stack the box against it, or whether or not the QB can run any (Manuel/Taylor).

They're probably about as well prepared as they can be for better or worse.

Haha cute.

Naivity is awesome.

Ground and pound will never work for us.

YOU NEED A ****ING QB in 2015.

Why is this not common knowledge?

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 01:03 PM
I guess that means Cutler lives under a rock and don't know Bo about football.

Cutler is a quitter.

But Trestman got monster production out of that offense. Look it up.

BillsImpossible
05-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Cutler is a quitter.

But Trestman got monster production out of that offense. Look it up.

Doug Marrone and EJ Manuel beat the Bears in Chicago on opening day last year.

I can't believe that you are using this post to expound upon the virtues of Marc Trestman.

Eat some tater tots or something, anything to get you out of your crappy diaper.

Did Roman go to a Super Bowl with a rookie QB? Yes.

Did Rex Ryan do the same thing? Yes.

Did Marc Trestman go to the playoffs with a top 10 QB and a loaded offense?

No.

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Doug Marrone and EJ Manuel beat the Bears in Chicago on opening day last year.

I can't believe that you are using this post to expound upon the virtues of Marc Trestman.

Eat some tater tots or something, anything to get you out of your crappy diaper.

Did Marc Trestman go to the playoffs with a top 10 QB and a loaded offense?

No.

Jesus Christ.

You realize the Bears were a trainwreck last season, primarily because Culter is a total quitter and there was no Josh McCown to save his ass?

Trestman needs QB production and if he has a fat lazy diabetic candy boy with zero ambition at the helm lilke Cutler was last season, it's not going to end well.

Ground and pound only works if you have Seattle's line, QB, and RB.

We have none of those things.

Pull your head out of your ass.

JoeMama
05-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Again, I correctly predicted 9-7 last year and I will bet the mortgage we'll finish 7-9 this year Dick Jauron style now that we have loser Greg Roman calling the shots and EJ Manuel -- AKA the worst QB in the NFL -- as our starter.

If you'd like to place a bet, please do. I enjoy winning.

mightysimi
05-26-2015, 07:19 AM
What is it that you don't like about Roman?

MillsapsBillsFan
05-26-2015, 08:50 AM

And we needed to make a bigger push for a better FA QB.

Because God knows EJ is the dumpster fire of all QB's.

Even worse than Trent Edwards.

There was no better FA qb. Theres not a single QB that hit the market this summer that I would rather have than Cassel. Not because I really like Cassel, but because he was the best of a crap QB market.

I dont think its fair to call anyone a bad hire when we havent even seen a single preseason snap. All I know is that he did pretty well in San Francisco with a average QB in Kapernick, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

better days
05-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Again, I correctly predicted 9-7 last year and I will bet the mortgage we'll finish 7-9 this year Dick Jauron style now that we have loser Greg Roman calling the shots and EJ Manuel -- AKA the worst QB in the NFL -- as our starter.

If you'd like to place a bet, please do. I enjoy winning.

I will bet the Offense is MUCH BETTER under Roman than it was under Marrone & Hackett last year.

JoeMama
05-26-2015, 09:20 AM
There was no better FA qb. Theres not a single QB that hit the market this summer that I would rather have than Cassel. Not because I really like Cassel, but because he was the best of a crap QB market.

I dont think its fair to call anyone a bad hire when we havent even seen a single preseason snap. All I know is that he did pretty well in San Francisco with a average QB in Kapernick, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Cassel is a guy I hope can be slightly better than Kyle Orton.

We need to make a push for 10-6 to end our playoff drought and we need a little more production there to get over the hump.

I see us as being stacked at most positions with some very good depth, barring maybe SS. Having Searcy replaced by Duke Williams is a tough pill to swallow for me.

We're just a QB away from really being a dominant team..

JoeMama
05-26-2015, 09:40 AM
I will bet the Offense is MUCH BETTER under Roman than it was under Marrone & Hackett last year.

Roman can probably get the most out of LeSean Mccoy -- which I'm excited about.

The D is a beast, so no worries there.

But there was some regression with Colin Kaepernick.

So we'll see how he does with EJ.

Frankly I wish there was some kind of expert the Bills could hire to help EJ with his accuracy.

better days
05-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Roman can probably get the most out of LeSean Mccoy -- which I'm excited about.

The D is a beast, so no worries there.

But there was some regression with Colin Kaepernick.

So we'll see how he does with EJ.

Frankly I wish there was some kind of expert the Bills could hire to help EJ with his accuracy.

I am not as worried about Duke as some others are.

He played almost half the snaps last year in place of a healthy Searcy.

I hope one of the 3 QB's can step up & play decent & I do not care who it is.

But if it is Manuel, that would be great because he could be a long term solution.

I don't see either Cassel or Taylor as the long term QB of the Bills.

BillsImpossible
05-28-2015, 07:22 PM
2 weeks to go. Can't wait for tomorrow's practice.

It's going to get hot tomorrow.

better days
05-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Jesus Christ.

You realize the Bears were a trainwreck last season, primarily because Culter is a total quitter and there was no Josh McCown to save his ass?

Trestman needs QB production and if he has a fat lazy diabetic candy boy with zero ambition at the helm lilke Cutler was last season, it's not going to end well.

Ground and pound only works if you have Seattle's line, QB, and RB.

We have none of those things.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Well, if the Bears were a train wreck last year, Tresman was the conductor of that train.

And if you look at the all 22 film of the Bills from last year, the biggest problem was the OL.

With little to no time to throw, even the experienced Orton did not look good last year.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-29-2015, 10:04 AM

Kaepernick was not a rookie.

Rex has never made the Super Bowl as a head coach.

Well, if the Bears were a train wreck last year, Tresman was the conductor of that train.

And if you look at the all 22 film of the Bills from last year, the biggest problem was the OL.

With little to no time to throw, even the experienced Orton did not look good last year.

I don't think anyone can throw around the words train wreck while defending the 2014 San Francisco offense or the Jets in general. We did not higher either Roman or Ryan at a high point in their careers.

mightysimi
05-29-2015, 10:19 AM
It's rare that coaches get fired at the high point in their career.

HHURRICANE
05-29-2015, 10:42 AM
2 weeks to go. Can't wait for tomorrow's practice.

It's going to get hot tomorrow.

Well apparantly all 3 QBs looked like crap yesterday per multiple sources.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-29-2015, 10:53 AM
It's rare that coaches get fired at the high point in their career.

No, but you also don't have to hire a fired coach.

mightysimi
05-29-2015, 10:58 AM

That doesn't make sense to me. Both of the coaches were fired before we hired them.

Edit: I got it, you mean we are not required to hire a coach that was just fired. I'm with ya now!!

better days
05-29-2015, 01:21 PM

Yeah, you don't have to hire a fired Coach.

The other option is to hire a Coach that was never hired before.

And most likely there was a good reason or two that Coach never was hired before.

I would rather take my chance on a guy that was fired than a guy that doesn't have HC experience.

Bill Belicheat, Pete Carrol, John Fox & Tom Coughlin are a few HC's that were fired.