PDA

View Full Version : Name The QB This Scouting Report Applies To

Night Train
05-26-2015, 04:26 AM
Cons

Never has had to read progressions. If first receiver isn't open, he always pulls it down
Throwing release is not smooth and a bit long
Footwork is all over the place
Cannot fit the ball into tight spaces with regularity
Does not throw a good deep ball
Does not put good touch on his passes
Not close to NFL Ready

YardRat
05-26-2015, 04:35 AM
I cheated and googled it, but I'm not surprised.

Ginger Vitis
05-26-2015, 04:56 AM
Bryce petty?

Night Train
05-26-2015, 05:39 AM
Bryce petty? It didn't read " Internet Darling "

Kenny
05-26-2015, 05:47 AM
Sounds a lot like EJ

Night Train
05-26-2015, 05:52 AM
Sounds a lot like EJ

It sure does. But it isn't.

Topas
05-26-2015, 05:58 AM
Aaron Rodgers?

- - - Updated - - -

Just kidding, guys :D

Forward_Lateral
05-26-2015, 06:43 AM
Tom Brady

casdhf
05-26-2015, 06:44 AM
That obviously applies to Kap and most of those things are still true.

Topas
05-26-2015, 07:15 AM
cash, did you know that? No I think you googled it. That does fit for many running QBs.
So your 'obviously' seems like a bit self-praise to me.
But I agree that most of these things are still true.

The Jokeman
05-26-2015, 07:20 AM
Cons

Never has had to read progressions. If first receiver isn't open, he always pulls it down
Throwing release is not smooth and a bit long
Footwork is all over the place
Cannot fit the ball into tight spaces with regularity
Does not throw a good deep ball
Does not put good touch on his passes
Not close to NFL Ready

Thyrod or Johnny Manziel.

Meathead
05-26-2015, 07:51 AM
earl morrall

Discotrish
05-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Dan Marino!

Patti

Night Train
05-26-2015, 08:57 AM
That obviously applies to Kap and most of those things are still true.

It's Colin Kap. We have a winner.

The point is, Roman had him as his QB and prefers the mobile QB, even with flaws. Athleticism is king. Rex had the same idea in NY with Smith and Vick. Obviously, the results varied.

Cassel is the obvious fall back option... but in a perfect world for Rex/Roman, Manuel or Taylor are the style they prefer and if either shows any decent consistency..that's your QB under center.

Cassel has nothing to worry about. His spot is locked in as the solid backup or fall back option as the starter.

Manuel is battling Taylor for the starting spot. If he fails, he's not coming off the bench. If Taylor isn't ready, Cassel starts and Taylor is the backup.

Firmly believe this is it for Manuel. This new staff owes him nothing.

better days
05-26-2015, 09:06 AM

The point is, Roman had him as his QB and prefers the mobile QB, even with flaws. Athleticism is king. Rex had the same idea in NY with Smith and Vick. Obviously, the results varied.

Cassel is the obvious fall back option... but in a perfect world for Rex/Roman, Manuel or Taylor are the style they prefer and if either shows any decent consistency..that's your QB under center.

Cassel has nothing to worry about. His spot is locked in as the solid backup or fall back option as the starter.

Manuel is battling Taylor for the starting spot. If he fails, he's not coming off the bench. If Taylor isn't ready, Cassel starts and Taylor is the backup.

I don't know how much say Roman had in the drafting of Kaepernick.

Or even if it was his decision to start him.

That could have been all Harbaugh.

casdhf
05-26-2015, 09:30 AM
cash, did you know that? No I think you googled it. That does fit for many running QBs.
So your 'obviously' seems like a bit self-praise to me.
But I agree that most of these things are still true. I knew it was Kap, typed up my response, then googled it just before I posted to make sure lol

swiper
05-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Everyone in SF blamed Roman for the huge step back the Kapernick took last year.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/12/26/rt-davis-doesnt-back-down-from-criticism-of-roman/

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/1/17/5286216/are-the-49ers-suffering-paralysis-by-analysis-under-greg-roman

http://ninerfans.com/49ers-oc-greg-roman-on-mediafans-criticism-thats-news-to-me/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/12/04/49ers-oc-greg-roman-moving-forward-from-criticism/19916097/

Meathead
05-26-2015, 12:36 PM
yeah idk why you would think roman is married to a kap clone since it appears nfl defenses have figured out how to keep that offense relatively in check. it can still be a viable part of their package but hammering that read option or whatever just isnt going to work like a charm anymore. the qb will need to be a reliable thrower, reliable meaning well over sixty pcent. thats why its likely ej cuz tyrods numbers say he struggles even reaching sixty pcent

justasportsfan
05-26-2015, 12:40 PM

So Cassel = Alex Smith ?
Tyrod = Kaep ?

better days
05-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Everyone in SF blamed Roman for the huge step back the Kapernick took last year.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/12/26/rt-davis-doesnt-back-down-from-criticism-of-roman/

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/1/17/5286216/are-the-49ers-suffering-paralysis-by-analysis-under-greg-roman

http://ninerfans.com/49ers-oc-greg-roman-on-mediafans-criticism-thats-news-to-me/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/12/04/49ers-oc-greg-roman-moving-forward-from-criticism/19916097/

When the 49ers were going good, Harbaugh got all the credit for the offense.

When they started to have problems, Roman got all the blame.

Buffalogic
05-26-2015, 02:43 PM
What's the point exactly? Kaep is a terrible qb. He has the same running qb story as every other one before him not named Michael Vick. Great for one year when they are new, then when there is a season of tape on them their weaknesses are honed in on and they plummet. People forget Vince Young won rookie of the year and went to the playoffs. He was awful.

swiper
05-26-2015, 04:55 PM
When the 49ers were going good, Harbaugh got all the credit for the offense.

When they started to have problems, Roman got all the blame.

LOL. Harbaugh got ousted. So that isn't what happened at all.

BillsImpossible
05-26-2015, 05:36 PM
EJ Kaepernick.

better days
05-26-2015, 11:20 PM
LOL. Harbaugh got ousted. So that isn't what happened at all.

I was talking about the fans of the 49ers, not the owners such as they are.

I'm looking forward to that team taking a nose dive this year.

Topas
05-27-2015, 12:56 AM
I knew it was Kap, typed up my response, then googled it just before I posted to make sure lol

Ok, in that case, Kudos!

swiper
05-27-2015, 04:00 AM
I'm looking forward to that team taking a nose dive this year.

They started that last year.

YardRat
05-27-2015, 04:49 AM
What's the point exactly? Kaep is a terrible qb. He has the same running qb story as every other one before him not named Michael Vick. Great for one year when they are new, then when there is a season of tape on them their weaknesses are honed in on and they plummet. People forget Vince Young won rookie of the year and went to the playoffs. He was awful.

Vick belongs with his brethren in the 'every other one category', I would consider guys like Young, Tarkenton and Cunningham more fitting for the 'exception' category.

better days
05-27-2015, 07:45 AM
They started that last year.

They did start the decline last year.

But they were still in the hunt until late in the season.

Replacing Harbaugh & his staff with Jim Tomsula & with all the players they have lost this offseason, I expect them to fall off a steep cliff this season.

Buffalogic
05-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Vick belongs with his brethren in the 'every other one category', I would consider guys like Young, Tarkenton and Cunningham more fitting for the 'exception' category.Incorrect. Vick and those others you mentioned could pass. No matter how much you want to diminish Vick for whatever personal reasons you have, he could throw as well as run. The point is you are not a running QB if you can pass. You are a running QB if you can't pass. That's Kaepernick.

better days
05-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Incorrect. Vick and those others you mentioned could pass. No matter how much you want to diminish Vick for whatever personal reasons you have, he could throw as well as run. The point is you are not a running QB if you can pass. You are a running QB if you can't pass. That's Kaepernick.

Vick could never pass as well as those others.

You can ask Peerless Price. His career fell off a cliff after going to the Falcons with Vick at QB.

swiper
05-27-2015, 02:51 PM

You can ask Peerless Price. His career fell off a cliff after going to the Falcons with Vick at QB.

What a bad career move for Price to have made in retrospect. It's what you get for chasing the money sometimes.

Please. Someone tell Marcel Dareus of the Peerless Price story of leaving Buffalo.

The grass ain't always greener.

Buffalogic
05-28-2015, 12:30 AM
^except we traded price for their first round pick. Your post makes no sense.

Buffalogic
05-28-2015, 12:35 AM

His career fell off a cliff when he was asked to be a number 1 receiver which he clearly wasn't. Without Moulds, he was exposed. He was Lee Evans before Lee Evans. So I guess blame vick for that?

better days
05-28-2015, 07:35 AM
His career fell off a cliff when he was asked to be a number 1 receiver which he clearly wasn't. Without Moulds, he was exposed. He was Lee Evans before Lee Evans. So I guess blame vick for that?

That may be the case or it may be that with a better QB Price would have shown he was a number one WR.

NO WR that ever played with Vick did much of anything.

You could put that on the Falcons, Eagles & Jets or you can put it on Vick where it belongs.