PDA

View Full Version : Texas flooding keeps Marquise Goodwin from OTAs

MidnightVoice
05-28-2015, 09:06 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/18973/texas-flooding-keeps-bills-marquise-goodwin-from-otas

Flooding and travel-related issues in Texas have kept Buffalo Bills receiver Marquise Goodwin from attending the team's first two organized team activities this week.

Goodwin, a native of Garland, Texas who attended the University of Texas, isn't required to attend the voluntary workouts. He tweeted about his absence Wednesday morning.

"Unfortunately, we know the weather out in Texas and man, oh man, I saw the pictures today in the paper," Bills coach Rex Ryan said. "I was like, 'Wow, that's hard to fathom.' Being out here, it's nice out and all that. But man, oh man, what they're dealing with is something, but he's been detained.

"We'll see how long that goes for. I know he's trying to get here, but obviously there's much more pressing needs than him being here at a voluntary camp."

Skooby
05-28-2015, 09:26 AM
It's a terrible situation & understood he's got issues at home.

MillsapsBillsFan
05-28-2015, 10:03 AM
I know its a terrible tragedy, but this could cause bigger problems for Goodwin.

He's missing out on his first chance to impress the new coaching staff, and he could be a bubble player. If some of the other WR's impress early he could find himself off the roster come cut time

yordad
05-28-2015, 10:15 AM
Someone pick him up w a jet ski and let's roll.

trapezeus
05-28-2015, 10:32 AM
i feel bad for the guy. he apparently has a sister with a major sickness, he's had the injury bug in buffalo. he's got this flood.

and through it, he usually seems pretty upbeat.

Meathead
05-28-2015, 10:49 AM
this just proves ppl in texas are pussies

Topas
05-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Meat, Kaepernick was roasted for a similar comment on Twitter.
Your comment is obviously tongue in cheek, but nonetheless unnecessary. Good thing for you is that, contrary to Kap, nobody cares about your opinion :)

Topas
05-28-2015, 02:40 PM
i feel bad for the guy. he apparently has a sister with a major sickness, he's had the injury bug in buffalo. he's got this flood.

and through it, he usually seems pretty upbeat.

interestingly, my experience is, that people who had many obstacles in life, are more upbeat then the once who should have more reason to be upbeat.

- - - Updated - - -

I know its a terrible tragedy, but this could cause bigger problems for Goodwin.

He's missing out on his first chance to impress the new coaching staff, and he could be a bubble player. If some of the other WR's impress early he could find himself off the roster come cut time

I think the bolded part is overrated. The best receivers in the training camp will be kept.

Meathead
05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
lol yes bc i seem like the kind that is concerned with other ppls hyper sensitive tender insensibilities

YardRat
05-28-2015, 05:31 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m3159YIe2OU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>