I'd like the Sabres to wait until after the draft to hire Dan B.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

I'd like the Sabres to wait until after the draft to hire Dan B.

The NHL has a compensation system for teams that fire their coaches / GM, which basically means if we hire Dan before the draft we will have to give the Pens a pick. I say we wait until June 29th, 2015 to hire him & take our chances that next's years picks are much worse than this years. Sort of like the Isles did by not giving us the 5th pick last season but obviously in a later round.

So basically speaking, lets tell Dan he's our man & you'll be the Sabres coach starting in late June. Then we can send the Pens their compensation next year, assuming we shouldn't finish last again.
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: I'd like the Sabres to wait until after the draft to hire Dan B.

well, the sabres dont have a third rounder this draft, so thats a problem. unless the pens are willing to push it back.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
      well, the sabres dont have a third rounder this draft, so thats a problem. unless the pens are willing to push it back.
      Would you push it back if your the Pens ?? I would give up a second for a fired coach, no way / no how. The Sabres better look at this as a layaway program or else it's going to cost us. I realized the complications earlier & thought oh man, we don't have a 3rd pick to give so no it becomes a second rounder ? I hope someone is paying attention their during their dating last night, Dan is still married to the Pens in our instance. We're talking possible a huge difference back to the Pens in compensation this draft versus next.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Wow, how funny is that. Thanks to Danny on the other post:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger · 47m47 minutes ago

Sounds like dispute/clarity over draft pick compensation is one of the few things holding up the Sabres hiring Bylsma. Can't be deal breaker

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

So they chose to fire him but still get compensation if we hire him? That's a terrible system.

But honestly, a draft pick for a young Cup winning coach? I'll take it.
          Last edited by OpIv37; 05-28-2015, 10:42 AM.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            So they chose to fire him but still get compensation if we hire him? That's a terrible system.

So you want to give up a second rounder for him with only 2 teams including us needing coaches now ??

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              So you want to give up a second rounder for him with only 2 teams including us needing coaches now ??
              I don't care about a 2nd rounder. This team is loaded with youth and draft picks as it is.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dude
                that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                • Feb 2005

If they wait until after the draft, Bylsma will probably already be coaching the Devils.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Oh and btw I imagine that the Pens will negotiate down because Buffalo can always say "we will just wait until 6/29 to sign him rather than give you a 2nd." They'll take less rather than nothing.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    Would you push it back if your the Pens ?? I would give up a second for a fired coach, no way / no how. The Sabres better look at this as a layaway program or else it's going to cost us. I realized the complications earlier & thought oh man, we don't have a 3rd pick to give so no it becomes a second rounder ? I hope someone is paying attention their during their dating last night, Dan is still married to the Pens in our instance. We're talking possible a huge difference back to the Pens in compensation this draft versus next.
                    its a third rounder. im sure that the pens, eager to get ANYTHING for a fired coach (free draft pick) will negotiate down to next years third, where the sabres have 4.

and if not, bring on richardson.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
                      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

They are still paying him so really they own his rights. Most teams waive the compensation. I believe I read that Jersey already did that for DeBoer.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

at his age it prolly sucks not to be working but that would actually be pretty awesome if maybe you were a gristled veteran coach. collect a check, go skiing in the alps or at least mont tremblanche or whatevertf name it is. i was actually there its cool, mt tremblanch i mean. i was also there fired and still getting paid which isnt as cool cuz youre stressed about finding your next job and making payments on that big ass house that seemed so reasonably affordable at the time
                        Last edited by Meathead; 05-28-2015, 12:49 PM.
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                        X