• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Bye Bye Jeff Tuel

@HBalzer721
    The Bills claimed QB Matt Simms on waivers from the Jets and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

@buffalobills
    The Bills have claimed QB Matt Simms and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

http://bufbills.co/4wXn8U

I am no Jeff Tuel fan but I am getting tired of Rex sucking any *** that is Jets green.

How can a team that was 4-12 last year just happen to have so many players we now want?

Why not open your eyes Rex and be open minded to what we may have on the roster rather than adding more losers from the Jets.
    Last edited by X-Era; 05-30-2015, 06:34 AM.
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: Bye Bye Jeff Tuel

Exactly how many players have the Bills picked up from that Jets team? Answer the question.

I really don't think that's an issue at all.

Tons of coaches came over from New Jersey, but it's not unusual at all for a head coach's staff to follow him to his next team...that's a little different.

But Matt Simms himself is probably just a camp arm.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Not sure how many actually came over but it seems Rex has expressed way too much interest in former Jets players and coaches given they were 4-12 last year.

I don't trust his player evaluation of offensive players.

He should concentrate on making this D the best in the NFL. That is something he does know about.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
        Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
        • Nov 2012

Rex is GM?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Muktar al-Portlandi View Post
          Rex is GM?
          You see the personalities of Doug and Rex and you wonder who is wearing the pants in that relationship?

The loudmouth blowhard is walking all over Doug. Whatever Rex wants, Rex gets.

Comment

• Dude
            that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
            • Feb 2005

Wow. The man hasn't even coached a game for the Bills and the *****ing has already started.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              Exactly how many players have the Bills picked up from that Jets team? Answer the question.

Tons of coaches came over from New Jersey, but it's not unusual at all for a head coach's staff to follow him to his next team...that's a little different.

Players only have so much practice squad eligibility.

Tuel was probably close to the end of his.

I expect Simms to be the new PS QB.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                • Feb 2013

well maybe now his father Phil will stop the Patriots and start the Bills...rimshot

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Camp arm who has ties to our coaching staff. At the very least should be in the discussion as a possible QB3 but not sure he's better than Tyrod but wouldn't be shocked if he beats him out for the spot. As to me Simms is an ideal bench QB as can see him helping other QBs on the sidelines etc.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                    Wow. The man hasn't even coached a game for the Bills and the *****ing has already started.
                    4th string quarterback is a pretty big deal on the internet.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Camp arm...Tuel had his shot, and ,managed to pull out a victory for KC. Third/fourth stringers don't get many opportunities unless they really raise the roof.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Not that my opinion matters...

I always liked Tuel. I thought he had some potential. It was frustrating to see stupid Bills fans on web boards want to give EJ Manuel 100 years to develop and wanted to dump Tuel. They came at the same time and Tuel was no worse than Manuel.

That said, I think Simms has more upside than Tuel. I also think McElroy was a far better QB than people gave him credit for. I hope they keep Simms and dump Tyrod Toolbag.

Comment

• sudzy
                          • Apr 2013

Tuel... Simms.... Does it really matter? Neither one was going to make it past the first round of preseason cuts.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post

Well three that I count on his clueless side of the ball (offense), (Simms, Connor, Harvin), which alarms me less than bringing in former Jets clueless side of the ball (offense) coaches Lee, Lal, and Sparano Jr. Simms is relatively irrelevant imho, as Tuel was.

And this is not the time to gripe, this is the time to mourn Tuel's memorable time in preseason, on the pines, and 59 pass attempts which unfortunately gave opponents 144 yards of soul crushing touchdown interceptions to offset his one TD.

But let us remember him instead for his spectacular preseason in 2013 and his very sweet 59 yard TD to Marquise Goodwin on this day of his parting with our beloved colors, and hope that ahead he may find a calling and a peace that life may reward the feeble hope that he once so freely gave to us all.

Don't you sign with anyone in the division and give them our playbook, and may you find the true satisfaction of happiness in your life's journey with that touchdown ball on your mantle evermore.

I weep.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              Well three that I count on his clueless side of the ball (offense), (Simms, Connor, Harvin), which alarms me less than bringing in former Jets clueless side of the ball (offense) coaches Lee, Lal, and Sparano Jr. Simms is relatively irrelevant imho, as Tuel was.

And this is not the time to gripe, this is the time to mourn Tuel's memorable time in preseason, on the pines, and 59 pass attempts which unfortunately gave opponents 144 yards of soul crushing touchdown interceptions to offset his one TD.

But let us remember him instead for his spectacular preseason in 2013 and his very sweet 59 yard TD to Marquise Goodwin on this day of his parting with our beloved colors, and hope that ahead he may find a calling and a peace that life may reward the feeble hope that he once so freely gave to us all.

Don't you sign with anyone in the division and give them our playbook, and may you find the true satisfaction of happiness in your life's journey with that touchdown ball on your mantle evermore.

I weep.
                              Well said, very moving. I brought a casserole.
                              Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

Working...
                              X