PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Jeff Tuel

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2015, 03:37 PM
@HBalzer721 (https://twitter.com/HBalzer721)
The Bills claimed QB Matt Simms on waivers from the Jets and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

@buffalobills (https://twitter.com/buffalobills)
The Bills have claimed QB Matt Simms and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

http://bufbills.co/4wXn8U (http://t.co/YT1qTLOmcR)

I am no Jeff Tuel fan but I am getting tired of Rex sucking any *** that is Jets green.

How can a team that was 4-12 last year just happen to have so many players we now want?

Why not open your eyes Rex and be open minded to what we may have on the roster rather than adding more losers from the Jets.

feldspar
05-29-2015, 03:55 PM
Exactly how many players have the Bills picked up from that Jets team? Answer the question.

I really don't think that's an issue at all.

Tons of coaches came over from New Jersey, but it's not unusual at all for a head coach's staff to follow him to his next team...that's a little different.

But Matt Simms himself is probably just a camp arm.

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Not sure how many actually came over but it seems Rex has expressed way too much interest in former Jets players and coaches given they were 4-12 last year.

I don't trust his player evaluation of offensive players.

He should concentrate on making this D the best in the NFL. That is something he does know about.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Rex is GM?

SpikedLemonade
05-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Rex is GM?

You see the personalities of Doug and Rex and you wonder who is wearing the pants in that relationship?

The loudmouth blowhard is walking all over Doug. Whatever Rex wants, Rex gets.

Dude
05-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Wow. The man hasn't even coached a game for the Bills and the *****ing has already started.

better days
05-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Exactly how many players have the Bills picked up from that Jets team? Answer the question.

Tons of coaches came over from New Jersey, but it's not unusual at all for a head coach's staff to follow him to his next team...that's a little different.

Players only have so much practice squad eligibility.

Tuel was probably close to the end of his.

I expect Simms to be the new PS QB.

DetDannyWilliams
05-29-2015, 04:38 PM
well maybe now his father Phil will stop :kissa: the Patriots and start :kissa: the Bills...rimshot

The Jokeman
05-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Camp arm who has ties to our coaching staff. At the very least should be in the discussion as a possible QB3 but not sure he's better than Tyrod but wouldn't be shocked if he beats him out for the spot. As to me Simms is an ideal bench QB as can see him helping other QBs on the sidelines etc.

Joe Fo Sho
05-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Wow. The man hasn't even coached a game for the Bills and the *****ing has already started.

4th string quarterback is a pretty big deal on the internet.

YardRat
05-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Camp arm...Tuel had his shot, and ,managed to pull out a victory for KC. Third/fourth stringers don't get many opportunities unless they really raise the roof.

swiper
05-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Not that my opinion matters...

I always liked Tuel. I thought he had some potential. It was frustrating to see stupid Bills fans on web boards want to give EJ Manuel 100 years to develop and wanted to dump Tuel. They came at the same time and Tuel was no worse than Manuel.

That said, I think Simms has more upside than Tuel. I also think McElroy was a far better QB than people gave him credit for. I hope they keep Simms and dump Tyrod Toolbag.

sudzy
05-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Tuel... Simms.... Does it really matter? Neither one was going to make it past the first round of preseason cuts.

Mace
05-29-2015, 06:45 PM

Well three that I count on his clueless side of the ball (offense), (Simms, Connor, Harvin), which alarms me less than bringing in former Jets clueless side of the ball (offense) coaches Lee, Lal, and Sparano Jr. Simms is relatively irrelevant imho, as Tuel was.

And this is not the time to gripe, this is the time to mourn Tuel's memorable time in preseason, on the pines, and 59 pass attempts which unfortunately gave opponents 144 yards of soul crushing touchdown interceptions to offset his one TD.

But let us remember him instead for his spectacular preseason in 2013 and his very sweet 59 yard TD to Marquise Goodwin on this day of his parting with our beloved colors, and hope that ahead he may find a calling and a peace that life may reward the feeble hope that he once so freely gave to us all.

Don't you sign with anyone in the division and give them our playbook, and may you find the true satisfaction of happiness in your life's journey with that touchdown ball on your mantle evermore.

I weep.

GvilleBills
05-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Well three that I count on his clueless side of the ball (offense), (Simms, Connor, Harvin), which alarms me less than bringing in former Jets clueless side of the ball (offense) coaches Lee, Lal, and Sparano Jr. Simms is relatively irrelevant imho, as Tuel was.

And this is not the time to gripe, this is the time to mourn Tuel's memorable time in preseason, on the pines, and 59 pass attempts which unfortunately gave opponents 144 yards of soul crushing touchdown interceptions to offset his one TD.

But let us remember him instead for his spectacular preseason in 2013 and his very sweet 59 yard TD to Marquise Goodwin on this day of his parting with our beloved colors, and hope that ahead he may find a calling and a peace that life may reward the feeble hope that he once so freely gave to us all.

Don't you sign with anyone in the division and give them our playbook, and may you find the true satisfaction of happiness in your life's journey with that touchdown ball on your mantle evermore.

I weep.

Well said, very moving. I brought a casserole.

Mace
05-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Well said, very moving. I brought a casserole.

What did you get, I need one and have no clue on a good one to get ?

Meathead
05-30-2015, 01:20 AM
imagine if hackett hadnt had him throw that pass. things coulda been way different for him. he was on his way to winning his first nfl start. and im standing in front of the tv on that play screaming out loud 'do anything but dont put the ball in the air'. being so close to the endzone theres very little defensive space to cover, you can make a guess and come up with a pick A LOT easier than anywhere else on the field. if they run it up the gut again and get stuffed again, they kick the fg and go up by two scores in a game they were controlling. of course the reason you dont let tuel throw there is the same reason carroll sholdnta had wilson throwing in the superbowl - that exact result. except in the sb it was just possession where for tuel it was a 99.9999999 yd pick six, but throwing in that situation was dumb for both teams and lost the game for them

so yeah imagine if he wins that game. mighta got another few starts. as it is, he gets blamed for what was really more of hacketts blunder

Mr. Miyagi
05-30-2015, 06:45 AM
This is what we get in Rex. Players and asst coaches love him because he's loyal to a fault. We're beginning to see the fault.

feldspar
05-30-2015, 08:19 AM
This is what we get in Rex. Players and asst coaches love him because he's loyal to a fault. We're beginning to see the fault.

Dunno about all that.

Players are out of the discussion here. Matt Simms? C'mon. The only two players are Percy Harvin and John Conner. Is there really a problem there?

Is there REALLY a problem with the defensive coaches he's brought in. Better that they know Rex and what he wants to do. Less "getting to know you" transition period, not to mention the fact that Rex and his crew have been fielding some of the better defenses in the league for some time now.

On offense, Greg Roman was brought in to run that. Completely new. We probably need the most help on the o-line...Aaron Kromer is completely new to Rex as o-line coach. Have you been paying attention to who the Jets had at WR and QB in the past few years? Were the coaches supposed to spin gold from ****?

I'm not sure exactly who Rex has brought over from the Jets that you have a problem with.

Please name names, because there really is not too much there to make your claim.

BertSquirtgum
05-30-2015, 09:07 AM
@HBalzer721 (https://twitter.com/HBalzer721)
The Bills claimed QB Matt Simms on waivers from the Jets and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

@buffalobills (https://twitter.com/buffalobills)
The Bills have claimed QB Matt Simms and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

http://bufbills.co/4wXn8U (http://t.co/YT1qTLOmcR)

I am no Jeff Tuel fan but I am getting tired of Rex sucking any *** that is Jets green.

How can a team that was 4-12 last year just happen to have so many players we now want?

Why not open your eyes Rex and be open minded to what we may have on the roster rather than adding more losers from the Jets.

Somebody call the whambulance for Spike. He is hurt pretty badly.

BertSquirtgum
05-30-2015, 09:15 AM

Ummmmm. No.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Wait, no more 100 yard td passes to the other team? Awwww. Seriously though, Tuel should not have been on the roster last year let alone this one. Furthermore, if Simms is still on this squad come September we are in some serious trouble at QB

Historian
05-31-2015, 06:15 AM
Lucky thing none of you were alive when Chuck Knox coached here....he brought several of the Los Angeles Rams with him:

Ron Jessie
Isaiah Robertson
Lawrence McCutcheon
Bill Simpson

In addition, Phil Villapiano, Rufus Bess, Conrad Dobler, David Humm, and Frank Lewis.

A new broom sweeps clean. It's time to rid ourselves of the little to mediocre talent players, and start winning.

YardRat
05-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Dunno about all that.

Players are out of the discussion here. Matt Simms? C'mon. The only two players are Percy Harvin and John Conner. Is there really a problem there?

Is there REALLY a problem with the defensive coaches he's brought in. Better that they know Rex and what he wants to do. Less "getting to know you" transition period, not to mention the fact that Rex and his crew have been fielding some of the better defenses in the league for some time now.

On offense, Greg Roman was brought in to run that. Completely new. We probably need the most help on the o-line...Aaron Kromer is completely new to Rex as o-line coach. Have you been paying attention to who the Jets had at WR and QB in the past few years? Were the coaches supposed to spin gold from ****?

I'm not sure exactly who Rex has brought over from the Jets that you have a problem with.

Please name names, because there really is not too much there to make your claim.

Dennis Thurman (would rather retain Schwartz), Kurt Anderson, Bobby April III, Tony Sparano Jr, Karl Dunbar (would prefer Pepper), Sanjay Lal, David Lee, Anthony Lynn , D'Anton Lynn (really? Sparano Jr and April Jr Jr Jr isn't enough?), Tim McDonald (glad we kept Henderson, but he'll probably move on next season), Eric Smith, Jeff Weeks, and Jason Osvart.

I'm OK with the guys the team retained, and bringing in Roman, Kromer and Palmer, but transferring en masse almost an entire coaching staff from Ryan's good ol' boy network that managed to go from 2 straight conference championships to 4-12 doesn't really inspire much confidence in me. Granted, there are many more factors involved in the Jets' slide over Rex's tenure, but this group just doesn't scream 'teacher' or 'success' to me.

better days
05-31-2015, 11:04 AM
Dennis Thurman (would rather retain Schwartz), Kurt Anderson, Bobby April III, Tony Sparano Jr, Karl Dunbar (would prefer Pepper), Sanjay Lal, David Lee, Anthony Lynn , D'Anton Lynn (really? Sparano Jr and April Jr Jr Jr isn't enough?), Tim McDonald (glad we kept Henderson, but he'll probably move on next season), Eric Smith, Jeff Weeks, and Jason Osvart.

I'm OK with the guys the team retained, and bringing in Roman, Kromer and Palmer, but transferring en masse almost an entire coaching staff from Ryan's good ol' boy network that managed to go from 2 straight conference championships to 4-12 doesn't really inspire much confidence in me. Granted, there are many more factors involved in the Jets' slide over Rex's tenure, but this group just doesn't scream 'teacher' or 'success' to me.

You can't coach up a pile of manure.

Rex & his staff got everything out of that Jets team that was in it as exhibited by their win in the last game of the season.

I don't know why Henderson would move on unless he is offered a DC position, & in that case, who could blame him?

DynaPaul
05-31-2015, 11:26 AM
You guys are getting way too worked up over a 3rd string QB. No one will miss Tuel or think Simms is a starter. He's doing the guy a favor.

YardRat
05-31-2015, 02:22 PM
You can't coach up a pile of manure.

Rex & his staff got everything out of that Jets team that was in it as exhibited by their win in the last game of the season.

I don't know why Henderson would move on unless he is offered a DC position, & in that case, who could blame him?

Henderson will move on because he's not one of Rex's guys, a leftover from the previous regime.

Oaf
05-31-2015, 05:38 PM
The bigger question was, if Tuel starts week 1 in 2013, do we beat the Patriots?

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2015, 06:29 PM
Marrone was so much better than Rex. I want him back.

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2015, 07:33 PM
My post was pure sarcasm. I forgot that I am on the interwebs. My whole view was that anybody is better than Douche Marrone. Can't believe that yardrat feels like it won't be a better year with better coaches. Rex had a manure pile of players to work with in NY.

better days
06-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Henderson will move on because he's not one of Rex's guys, a leftover from the previous regime.

Not true. Rex & Donnie worked together at Baltimore.

Both have said they are happy to be reunited with each other.

SpikedLemonade
06-01-2015, 03:38 PM
@Jaguars: BREAKING: #Jaguars awarded Jeff Tuel (@qb10jvt) off waivers.

http://t.co/AdzENiAQAJhttp://t.co/PwY9tMhagb

swiper
06-01-2015, 06:00 PM
@Jaguars: BREAKING: #Jaguars awarded Jeff Tuel (@qb10jvt) off waivers.

http://t.co/AdzENiAQAJhttp://t.co/PwY9tMhagb

Saw that. So he has some value in the league outside of Buffalo.

justasportsfan
06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Don't think Tuel was going anywhere in this league but I would have taken him over Simms from what I've seen. This is nothing but Rexy playing nice with his friend Simms. Rexy didn't pick Tuel from the garbage but he did with Simms. Up next EJ.

BertSquirtgum
06-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Saw that. So he has some value in the league outside of Buffalo.

Did you forget that Douche Marrone is coaching down there?

IlluminatusUIUC
06-02-2015, 10:21 AM

This made me laugh way too hard.

Tuel has almost as much passing yardage to the opponent's team as Taylor has to his own.