PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell has a big problem...

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 09:19 AM
Just heard on the radio that the date for Tom Brady's appeal to be heard by Roger the Dodger on June 23.

Goodell's problem is this. The three possible rulings are...

1. He upholds the previous ruling of a four game suspension.

2. He reduces the suspension to, say, two games.

3. He overturns Troy Vincent's ruling and throws the whole thing out.

If he does 1., Brady will take his case to District Court, as per the CBA, and the District Court will overturn his suspension, making him look like a fool and weakling.

If he does 2., the same thing happens as 1., with the same result.

If he does the smart thing, number 3., and overturns it himself, announcing that the case is a tempest in a teapot, but to satisfy the haters new protocals will be put in place to make sure the air pressure in the balls never becomes an issue again. That way he rescues the reputation of the league's premier player and the reputation of the NFL for being big boys who handle their dirty laundry in a way that doesn't smear the whole league.

The downside of that, of course, is that millions and millions of non-Pats fans and SOME of the other owners will be OUTRAGED, to say the least.

So, what does he do?

Does he continue this farce and wind up looking like a nincompoop, but with the haters' support or does he end it and wind up being hated by the majority of the fan base?

Either way, not a pleasant prospect.

But there is only ONE way he can look strong, but will he have the courage to stand up to the lynch mob?

We'll see....

better days
05-30-2015, 09:23 AM
If Brady takes his case to court, he will have to turn over his phone for inspection.

I would love to see that happen.

Yasgur's Farm
05-30-2015, 09:33 AM
If Brady takes his case to court, he will have to turn over his phone for inspection.

I would love to see that happen.Great point!

Albany,n.y.
05-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Just heard on the radio that the date for Tom Brady's appeal to be heard by Roger the Dodger on June 23.

Goodell's problem is this. The three possible rulings are...

1. He upholds the previous ruling of a four game suspension.

2. He reduces the suspension to, say, two games.

3. He overturns Troy Vincent's ruling and throws the whole thing out.

If he does 1., Brady will take his case to District Court, as per the CBA, and the District Court will overturn his suspension, making him look like a fool and weakling.

If he does 2., the same thing happens as 1., with the same result.

If he does the smart thing, number 3., and overturns it himself, announcing that the case is a tempest in a teapot, but to satisfy the haters new protocals will be put in place to make sure the air pressure in the balls never becomes an issue again. That way he rescues the reputation of the league's premier player and the reputation of the NFL for being big boys who handle their dirty laundry in a way that doesn't smear the whole league.

The downside of that, of course, is that millions and millions of non-Pats fans and SOME of the other owners will be OUTRAGED, to say the least.

So, what does he do?

Does he continue this farce and wind up looking like a nincompoop, but with the haters' support or does he end it and wind up being hated by the majority of the fan base?

Either way, not a pleasant prospect.

But there is only ONE way he can look strong, but will he have the courage to stand up to the lynch mob?

We'll see....
1st thing he does is kick you out of the room & tells Brady to pull his pants up.

Ingtar33
05-30-2015, 10:06 AM

Nope. if brady appeals to a court he HAS to turn over his cell phone and provide the court all his personal comunications including emails. Furthermore the two fired pats employees who the pats prevented talking to the NFL more then once would be required to talk to investigators and in court with serious criminal charges awaiting them if they lie.

Brady has completely refused the NFL on this point. and the Pats kept those two men employed just long enough to thwart the investigation then fired them once the league stopped the investigation, i highly doubt either will sing the company line in a real legal investigation.

No, Brady won't appeal this to anything outside the league once Goodell is done with his review of the appeal.

notacon
05-30-2015, 10:38 AM
I've bookmarked this thread so when Sparky is proven to be totally wrong again, we can remind him.

YardRat
05-30-2015, 10:38 AM
1. Assuming a District Court will overturn the suspension is a huge assumption, not fact.

2. I can't find anywhere in the CBA language that pertains to "District Court, as per the CBA", if somebody could point it out I'd appreciate it.

stuckincincy
05-30-2015, 11:10 AM

I expect he has multiple cell phones. And clearing off call history is a snap. At least it is on my dumb, pay-as you-go phone. OTOH, on these so-called "smart" phones - I'm doubtful.

DynaPaul
05-30-2015, 11:12 AM
If the suspension is negated or reduced everyone loses. It just goes to show that you can skirt the rules and the league will try to downplay or cover it up to give us the illusion that there's integrity.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Nope. if brady appeals to a court he HAS to turn over his cell phone and provide the court all his personal comunications including emails. Furthermore the two fired pats employees who the pats prevented talking to the NFL more then once would be required to talk to investigators and in court with serious criminal charges awaiting them if they lie.

So, you think this is all a big bluff, and Brady won't take it past Goodell's appeal?

And even so, you're sure that if Brady has to turn over his cell phone and the two boys have to testify, that he's a dead duck?

If so, why is Brady challenging this, rather than throwing himself on the mercy of the King Roger? The longer he goes without backing down, the worse it's gonna look if he eventually backs down.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 11:19 AM
I've bookmarked this thread so when Sparky is proven to be totally wrong again, we can remind him.

What is is about football that turns you into a knuckle-dragging troglodyte? Tell me, as I've done nothing but provide alternatives, what am I going to be wrong about?

You know, when you behave like this in the football forum, you provide a bad example for the wingnuts in the Spin 2one.

sudzy
05-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Why couldn't you have posted this in the 100+ page "Everything Brady and Patriots"? I know you would love nothing more then to have a thousand threads about Brady, but, this is a Bills message board. I really don't want to have to sort through 3 pages of threads of you whining about your idol Tom Brady to read about the Bills.

Yasgur's Farm
05-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Alternative... "Roger Goodell has a big problem"...alternative.
LMAO

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 11:29 AM
2. I can't find anywhere in the CBA language that pertains to "District Court, as per the CBA", if somebody could point it out I'd appreciate it.

I was listening to Bob McCown's show on AM590 a couple of days ago when they had on a guy named Allan Walsh, who's a sports agent (not of anyone involved) who's also a lawyer specifically to talk about the appeal. He said he'd read the entire report as well and the union's rebuttal as was being asked about what happened next. He's the guy who said that the CBA included a provision that allowed a member to take a case to District Court if they weren't satisfied with the appeal verdict.

Remember, that's what happend in the Vilma case, except in reverse.

Vilma took his year long suspension to appeal, an arbitrator over-turned it and then GOODELL took it to district court, where the arbitrator was upheld.

Now, if you want to prove Allan Walsh, and by association me, wrong on this point, then be my guest, but I doubt the union would EVER sign a CBA that said Goodell was God and his word was final on every subject.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Why couldn't you have posted this in the 100+ page "Everything Brady and Patriots"? I know you would love nothing more then to have a thousand threads about Brady, but, this is a Bills message board. I really don't want to have to sort through 3 pages of threads of you whining about your idol Tom Brady to read about the Bills.

Why don't you stay out of my ****ing thread if it bothers you so much?

I guarantee you I won't whine about your absence.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 11:34 AM
If the suspension is negated or reduced everyone loses.

EVERYONE loses?

I doubt it, but we all know the haters will be pissed...

feldspar
05-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Roger Goodell has a big problem...

So do you...

DynaPaul
05-30-2015, 11:46 AM
EVERYONE loses?

I doubt it, but we all know the haters will be pissed...

The haters being 31 other teams, so yeah, everyone loses.

stuckincincy
05-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Alternative... "Roger Goodell has a big problem"...alternative.
LMAO

Heh. What problems could Roger have? Pulls down millions every year, in a job far removed from work like hogging out sewage lines, has a face devoid of a big nose or zits or droopy ears etc. (vital in today's image-driven culture), has a fine speaking voice.

Mr. Roger is sitting on the top of the world. :drive:

IlluminatusUIUC
05-30-2015, 11:55 AM
I was listening to Bob McCown's show on AM590 a couple of days ago when they had on a guy named Allan Walsh, who's a sports agent (not of anyone involved) who's also a lawyer specifically to talk about the appeal. He said he'd read the entire report as well and the union's rebuttal as was being asked about what happened next. He's the guy who said that the CBA included a provision that allowed a member to take a case to District Court if they weren't satisfied with the appeal verdict.

Vilma took his year long suspension to appeal, an arbitrator over-turned it and then GOODELL took it to district court, where the arbitrator was upheld.

Now, if you want to prove Allan Walsh, and by association me, wrong on this point, then be my guest, but I doubt the union would EVER sign a CBA that said Goodell was God and his word was final on every subject.

There's no language in the CBA that I can find that gives a direct right to appeal to the district court. (https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf) However, you always have the right to file a lawsuit over a contract. If you have bargained away your right to a lawsuit, via mandatory arbitration or something, then you may lose very quickly. But you always have the right to have a court interpret that provision and determine if it complies with the law. That's what Vilma did when he sued (http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/vilma_amended_complaint09182012.pdf)

Goobylal
05-30-2015, 12:17 PM
After the Ray Rice fiasco, Sir Rog played it right this time. The difference is, few think that the suspension handed down to Tommy was too short.

And A-Rod, er, Brady, won't file a lawsuit, just like Brady, er, A-Rod didn't. Otherwise he'd have turned over his phone initially.

swiper
05-30-2015, 12:18 PM

That's why it won't go to court.

swiper
05-30-2015, 12:23 PM
What is is about football that turns you into a knuckle-dragging troglodyte? Tell me, as I've done nothing but provide alternatives, what am I going to be wrong about?

You know, when you behave like this in the football forum, you provide a bad example for the wingnuts in the Spin 2one.

You didn't provide all the possible outcomes. It is you that looks like the knuckle-dragging, whore-mongering morlock.

sudzy
05-30-2015, 12:36 PM

There already is a thread about this. You know the one that someone merged your other 30 threads you had going before that. I was staying out of that one, and so were a lot of other people, apparently, because it's finally died. So here cames Sir Spamacus looking to restart his fire with another 30 threads all about the same thing.

feldspar
05-30-2015, 12:39 PM
There already is a thread about this. You know the one that someone merged your other 30 threads you had going before that. I was staying out of that one, and so were a lot of other people, apparently, because it's finally died. So here cames Sir Spamacus looking to restart his fire with another 30 threads all about the same thing.

That douchebag wants to have a kind of monopoly on the subject here and he wants to control the flow of any conversation regarding deflate-gate.

That much is clear.

Maybe it makes him feel important somehow...I don't know, but talk about an attention whore...

swiper
05-30-2015, 12:54 PM
If I was a big shot movie director I would spend more time being humble and introspective.

Who ta kneel in front of? A salad with some diet vinegarette on it hopefully.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 01:35 PM
You didn't provide all the possible outcomes. It is you that looks like the knuckle-dragging, whore-mongering morlock.

If you feel I didn't provide all the possible outcomes, why didn't you identify them, instead of pulling your usual jackass routine?

Give us some of these other scenarios that offend you by their absence...

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 01:36 PM
If I was a big shot movie director I would spend more time being humble and introspective.

That's why you aren't a big shot movie director.

You're an idiot.

BertSquirtgum
05-30-2015, 01:37 PM
Get a life. We don't care about how many dreams you have had of tom brady butt ****ing you.

feldspar
05-30-2015, 01:38 PM
That's why you aren't a big shot movie director.

You're an idiot.

You're not a big shot anything.

You are a douche bag.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Heh. What problems could Roger have? Pulls down millions every year, in a job far removed from work like hogging out sewage lines, has a face devoid of a big nose or zits or droopy ears etc. (vital in today's image-driven culture), has a fine speaking voice.

Mr. Roger is sitting on the top of the world. :drive:

Unfortunately for Roger, his fans are morons, and we know what a moron's respect is worth.

People respected Pete Ro2ella and Paul Tagliabue. No one except the type of people that used to show up for public hangings respect Roger Goodell.

But it's interesting to see who's willing to go on record that Tom Brady is dead man walking.

I can't imagine how many heads will explode if Tom Brady starts game 1 of the season, which means a guaranteed loss for the Bills in week 2.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 01:48 PM
You're not a big shot anything.

You are a douche bag.

Never said I was a big shot anything.

Now that you've expressed your opinion, why not go post in one of the many fine threads on the first page? The more you call me a douchebag, the creepier you seem. Are you the thread police? Why not just go away? You'll be happier.

BertSquirtgum
05-30-2015, 01:57 PM

You're a joke. You realize we all come on here and laugh at you right?

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 02:33 PM
You're a joke. You realize we all come on here and laugh at you right?

And what does that prove?

swiper
05-30-2015, 02:46 PM
Don't get upset because I'm smarter than you. I'm American. And I don't bite at your games.

YardRat
05-30-2015, 03:12 PM

I don't see anything at all in the CBA regarding District Court being part of the process. Again, if it's in there, please point it out. It's a lengthy document and I might have missed it. The 'proof' is the absence of the language in the document, unless you can provide otherwise.

YardRat
05-30-2015, 03:19 PM
I also can't find anything regarding Goodell initiating a lawsuit, only filing motions to dismiss Vilma's defamation claim.

SpikedLemonade
05-30-2015, 03:57 PM
If Brady is willing to take a 2 game suspension, Goodell would be thrilled to drop it to 2 games and the issue is over.

Brady is unwilling to do so. He wants his future political career untarnished.

I think this does go to the District Court and will be reduced to zero games.

Bills fans should protest by __________.

feldspar
05-30-2015, 04:19 PM
And what does that prove?

That you are a douche-bag.

SpikedLemonade
05-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Sparty buddy, you are wasting your time attempting to dialogue with this guy. The GFY response is best with him.

BillsOwnAll
05-30-2015, 05:18 PM
imagine having 18k posts on a teams fanboard...that youre not even a fan of that team...Mr big shot. Its people like you that make it hard to read this board during the offseason.

stuckincincy
05-30-2015, 06:09 PM
imagine having 18k posts on a teams fanboard...that youre not even a fan of that team...Mr big shot. Its people like you that make it hard to read this board during the offseason.

Lighten up on our harmless Dancing Queen. He is a member of our BZ community, after all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s

BillsImpossible
05-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Roger Goodell has over $100 million in his bank account.

He also probably has those Spygate tapes locked in his own personal vault with 24 hour security guards watching it.

Roger Goodell does not have a big problem. He has all the leverage an NFL Commissioner could ever dream of.

YardRat
05-30-2015, 06:50 PM
Brady not appealing would be just as good as an admission...he has to appeal. Goodell cutting back the initial penalty, without a really damn good reason, would be just as good as admission to favoritism. He has to stick to his guns. I don't see it being overturned or lessened, and I don't see it going to court.

swiper
05-30-2015, 06:54 PM
And here I thought Elvis had left the building.

feldspar
05-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Sparty buddy, you are wasting your time attempting to dialogue with this guy. The GFY response is best with him.

Exactly, only exactly backwards.

Shiva's bag of tricks don't allow for an honest, open dialog when he gets into his antagonistic rants. The "discussion" is not on a level playing field in his own head and therefore not worthwhile.

You are a piece of work as well, not needing any proof to hold some of your opinions. Ralph is racist, huh? Why is that again?

Goobylal
05-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Exactly, only exactly backwards.

Shiva's bag of tricks don't allow for an honest, open dialog when he gets into his antagonistic rants. The "discussion" is not on a level playing field in his own head and therefore not worthwhile.

You are a piece of work as well, not needing any proof to hold some of your opinions. Ralph is racist, huh? Why is that again?
It's a standard lib feint.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 10:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/29/brady-appeal-hearing-set-for-june-23/

Brady appeal hearing set for June 23
Posted by Mike Florio on May 29, 2015, 5:57 PM EDT

The deadline for setting Tom Brady’s appeal hearing came and went on Wednesday without a date being set. A date has now been set.

PFT has confirmed that the appeal hearing will commence on June 23, and that it will continue if necessary on June 25. The news was first reported by Adam Schefter of ESPN.

On Thursday, a source with knowledge of the situation told PFT that the NFL and NFL Players Association had agreed to extend the Wednesday deadline, and that the NFL had offered a pair of dates that weren’t ideal for the union. The NFLPA had responded with a pair of weeks that worked, and the NFLPA was waiting for the league to respond.

Brady and the NFLPA wanted the hearing to be conducted in June, in order to ensure that sufficient time will be available to go to court and challenge the outcome of the internal appeal process.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 10:22 PM

WTF is wrong with some of these people? If they don't want to participate in one of my threads, why wreck it for anyone that does? They're like a bunch of ****ing hyenas, rolling around feeling dangerous with the rest of the pack braying around them. They wreck any sort of original or outside the box thinking and have 2ero sense of humore and no idea of objective detachment. Look, I understand that fans will be fans, but why do some fans feel the need to police the way other people are fans? It's moronic.

This is STILL the biggest story in the NFL, and will be until it's resolution.

49/65, 459 yds, 6 tds, 0 ints, 1 Superbowl MVP.

That's what Tom Brady did the last 6 quarters of the year, AFTER the league made sure he wasn't CHEATING.

And one Superbowl.

And before the season starts, Roger Goodell has the opportunity to call Tom Brady a CHEATER TWO MORE TIMES.

And what's it gonna achieve? A nation of people sighing with relief that the moral underpinnings of the great American game of football have been protected?

Or a slavering mob giggling in delight as they watch the object of their hatred brought to an ignominious end?

Woo hoo.

It never ceases to ama2e me how stupid and mean people can be.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 10:29 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/05/15/tom-bradys-suspension-becomes-latest-nfl-nflpa-clash-as-roger-goodell-chooses-to-hear-appeal-himself/

Tom Brady’s suspension becomes latest NFL-NFLPA clash as Roger Goodell chooses to hear appeal himself

By Mark Maske May 15

suspension. (Brandon Wade/AP)

Nothing has changed in the NFL’s appeal process for player discipline. And, as a result, it’s possible that the league and the NFL Players Association will end up back in court over Tom Brady’s appeal of his four-game suspension.

The NFL announced Thursday night that Goodell will hear Brady’s appeal. Earlier Thursday, in announcing that it had filed Brady’s appeal on his behalf, the union called for Goodell to appoint an independent arbitrator to resolve the appeal.

Sound familiar?

If so, it’s because it should.

...more...

feldspar
05-30-2015, 10:38 PM
WTF is wrong with some of these people?

Perhaps they don't like douchebags and don't mind saying so.

Not very complicated...

This isn't real discussion, it's a game that you are playing. Makes you a douchebag, and I'm not amused. Antagonistic, hands-down. The problem I have with it is that it relentlessly permeates the whole topic, just as I've seen you do with your whole "losmaniac" shtick.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Another guy who thinks Goodell has backed himself into a corner and bluffing is his only way out...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/26/hurley-roger-goodell-has-no-choice-but-to-uphold-tom-bradys-four-game-suspension/

Roger Goodell Has No Choice But To Uphold Tom Brady’s Four-Game Suspension
By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston
May 26, 2015 11:10 AM

BOSTON (CBS) — Roger Goodell has been here before – sort of.

He’s been here in the sense that he has seen some high-profile players appeal his overbearing disciplinary decisions. In those cases — particularly the most recent ones involving Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson — the public knew a certain amount about what those players had done wrong. Truth be told, the public did not have much sympathy for those players. Therefore even though Goodell was in the wrong and even though he was proven to be wrong by neutral arbitrators, he still never quite had as much egg on his face as was perhaps warranted.

This time, things are very different.With news breaking late Friday afternoon that Goodell would not recuse himself as the arbitrator in Tom Brady’s appeal hearing, and with word coming Monday evening that the NFL and NFLPA are likely to agree to push the date of that hearing back, it’s clear that the train is a-rolling toward Goodell vs. Brady actually taking place.

While yes, there is a significant segment of the general population that would love to see golden boy Tom Brady go down in flames, most anyone who’s done any research whatsoever on the case known as “DeflateGate” knows that there has not been one shred of evidence that implicates Brady in this mess.

And because this player is so high profile and because his eventual court case will draw so much attention, Roger Goodell has one choice and one choice only when it comes to hearing Brady’s appeal.

Goodell must keep the four-game suspension intact.

...read the rest to find out why...

JoeMama
05-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Look I don't even care about Deflategate other than one aspect.

The Pats PR department came up with the laziest, crappiest lie of all time to cover for it.

The "deflator" was a reference to a ball guy losing weight.

I don't care if they're guilty of being cheaters. But I do care that they're the laziest, worst liars of all time.

Punish them for crappy lying. That would be punishment enough.

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 10:58 PM
Look I don't even care about Deflategate other than one aspect.

The Pats PR department came up with the laziest, crappiest lie of all time to cover for it.

The "deflator" was a reference to a ball guy losing weight.

I don't care if they're guilty of being cheaters. But I do care that they're the laziest, worst liars of all time.

Punish them for crappy lying. That would be punishment enough.

Google "diet deflate belly"...

feldspar
05-30-2015, 11:02 PM

Google "failure to cooperate with the investigation."

Then google "douchebag."

JoeMama
05-30-2015, 11:02 PM

Google lemonparty.

feldspar
05-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Google lemonparty.

A game of bingo gone horribly wrong?

CommissarSpartacus
05-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Google lemonparty.

I was serious. Did you do it? What did you see? Is that why you're trying to deflect?

feldspar
05-30-2015, 11:40 PM
Tom Brady's failure to comply with the investigation is grounds enough to suspend him. It's too late for him to be exonerated based on that alone.

If you don't think that he knew McNally's name, then you are just being silly. A guy that worked for the organiZation for 32 years and handled his balls, so to speak. So he lied there (and many other places as well). This is a slap in the face of the whole process.

Brady has no leg to stand on since he was not up front from the beginning. People on death row appeal as well...keeps them alive for decades often, but they are still dead in the end...just like our hero Tom Brady...

Goobylal
05-30-2015, 11:54 PM
Goodell's "big problem" is a team that has won 4 SB's in the past 15 years thanks largely to cheating. As for the appeal and threat of a lawsuit, it's no problem at all since the NFLPA signed-off on making him judge and jury.

sudzy
05-31-2015, 03:45 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227945-Merged-all-things-Brady-cheating-bellicheat-etc

YardRat
05-31-2015, 05:04 AM
I would guess any ensuing lawsuit, if there is one, would be within the context of the powers and authority of the commissioner to hand out the penalty, not the penalty itself. Or another Vilma-like defamation charge, which didn't work out in his favor. The league will not lose. Their ass is covered by the league C & B, and there doesn't appear at this time to be any violations of the language of the CBA. This is all posturing by Brady and his camp to minimize the damage he's inflicted on himself.

Historian
05-31-2015, 05:57 AM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11210454_762707163848340_3644639097051163265_n.jpg?oh=d5f6f30002b264755ac55e682099fffc&oe=55FCB88B

swiper
05-31-2015, 06:01 AM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11210454_762707163848340_3644639097051163265_n.jpg?oh=d5f6f30002b264755ac55e682099fffc&oe=55FCB88B

Yeah. I wouldn't be so sure about that last part.

swiper
05-31-2015, 06:03 AM

Perhaps you could use that dieting advice.

sudzy
05-31-2015, 07:36 AM
Thank you to the Mod that moved this to NFLzone. Not Bills related.

He shoots, he scores.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N8h-B_ynY0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CommissarSpartacus
05-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Seeing as the cowardly mods have decided, ONCE AGAIN, to give into the board's mouthbreathers and knuckle-draggers, could you please move the thread into the politics forum?

This is now a political issue and the Spin 2one would be the place I'd rather have it go to.

Thanks.

From now on, anything I have to say about football, including the Bills will be there. I leave the Bills forum to those it deserves.

trapezeus
05-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Sparty has a big problem

1. He can admit hes a troll
2. Admit that he's a pats fan who is too stupid to know he's been caught with a cheating team
3. Between his feeding on his own feces, he tends to just write stupid crap routinely.

Yasgur's Farm
05-31-2015, 09:25 AM
This is 100% NFL news... Nothing to do with politics or the Bills. I suggest, in the future, you put more thought into the proper forums for you threads... That way you can avoid personal attacks of the "cowardly mods".

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-31-2015, 10:25 AM
What Shivhole's doing is defending Brady as an American hero, and baiting you into attacking on principle. This way, he can get off on his self-admitted amazing puppetry skills. He gives a rat's ass about Tom Brady or Bill Belichik.

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2015, 01:44 PM
Seeing as the cowardly mods have decided, ONCE AGAIN, to give into the board's mouthbreathers and knuckle-draggers, could you please move the thread into the politics forum?

This is now a political issue and the Spin 2one would be the place I'd rather have it go to.

Thanks.

From now on, anything I have to say about football, including the Bills will be there. I leave the Bills forum to those it deserves.

Do you get butt ****ed by your Uncle Rick in Gatlinburg, Tennessee?

mightysimi
06-02-2015, 11:55 AM
I suppose that you can go through all of the documents and data and in not one place does it directly say that Tom Brady was at fault. However, anyone who thinks that the QB of an NFL team had no knowledge of something that went on with the thing that he makes his living on, is just not being honest with themselves.

Regardless of the outcome, I think TB knew about it. I don't think it affected his performance though.

CommissarSpartacus
06-02-2015, 06:05 PM
This is 100% NFL news... Nothing to do with politics or the Bills. I suggest, in the future, you put more thought into the proper forums for you threads... That way you can avoid personal attacks of the "cowardly mods".

And I suggest, that in the future, you can kiss my ass.

You're a moderator? You should be ashamed of yourself.

swiper
06-02-2015, 06:08 PM

You're a moderator? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Karen Carpenter says you should pipe down and have a salad.

Yasgur's Farm
06-03-2015, 02:47 PM

You're a moderator? You should be ashamed of yourself.You need a refresher of the TOS.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/12-Terms-Of-Conduct-and-Service

SmokeShowin
06-13-2015, 11:21 PM
http://nesn.com/2015/06/new-york-times-backs-patriots-finds-wells-report-deeply-flawed/

New England Patriots Schedule Standings Stats Roster Video Live Blog Odds New York Times Backs Patriots, Finds Wells Report ‘Deeply Flawed’ by Doug Kyed on Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 3:51PM Share this: Fancred The New England Patriots have an influential party on their side regarding Deflategate. The American Enterprise Institute conducted an independent study into the evidence of Deflategate found in the Wells Report. Kevin A. Hassett and Stan A. Veuger published their findings, that the Wells Report is “deeply flawed” in a New York Times opinion piece Friday. AEI also found a lack of evidence against the New Orleans Saints in Bountygate and presented their findings at an NFL hearing in November 2012. Hassett and Veuger point out the NFL lifted all player suspension the next month. AEI took issue with the Indianapolis Colts’ footballs in the Deflategate controversy, not the Patriots’, in their study. “There are, after all, two possibilities,” Hassett and Veuger wrote. “The first is that the Patriots balls declined too much. The second — overlooked by the Wells report — is that the Colts balls declined too little.” Hassett and Veuger point out the Patriots’ footballs were measured at the beginning of halftime, while the Colts’ footballs were tested at the end of halftime, allowing them to regain air pressure. The NFL players association could use this latest study during Tom Brady’s four-game suspension appeal.

Historian
06-17-2015, 05:01 AM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11407151_1024780794199385_8820798188342597386_n.jpg?oh=7edb7b6695d4b162e2f2ac2ff9d3fb0a&oe=55ED48D3

notacon
09-19-2016, 12:14 PM

I almost forgot to bump this.

Well...Tom Brady had one of the highest profile lawyers in the country, Ted Olson...and he STILL lost in the Court of Appeals...TWICE after the wrongheaded Circuit Court judge was found to be full of ****.

He's quietly serving his much deserved suspension, and Goodell, the NFL and the whole world has not come crashing down in a big heap on injustice...

Tom Brady Suspension Case Time line (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492189/article/tom-brady-suspension-case-timeline)

April 25: The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals reverses Berman's decision on a 2-1 ruling that reinstates Brady's four-game suspension.

In a 33-page decision, the majority opinion stated: "We hold that the commissioner properly exercised his broad discretion under the collective bargaining agreement and that his procedural rulings were properly grounded in that agreement and did not deprive Brady of fundamental fairness. Accordingly, we reverse the judgement of the district court and remand with instructions to confirm the award."

The court stated its ruling was more about upholding the power of the CBA and ensuring that Goodell did not overstep his written authority. Several times in the decision, the appeals court noted that their scope was fairly limited, and zeroed in on a few basic principles of the CBA.

"The basic principle driving both our analysis and our conclusion is well established: a federal court's review of labor arbitration awards is narrowly circumscribed and highly deferential -- indeed, among the most deferential in the law. Our role is not to determine whether Brady participated in a scheme to deflate footballs or whether the suspension imposed by the commissioner should have been for three games or five games or none at all. Nor is it our role to second-guess the arbitrator's procedural rulings.

"Our obligation is limited to determining whether the arbitration proceedings and award met the minimum legal standards established by the Labor Management Relations Act."

May 3: The Second Circuit grants Brady an extension until May 23 to decide whether to ask for a rehearing in front of the same three-judge panel or a new hearing -- called "en banc" -- in front of the entire circuit.

May 23: Brady's lawyers file a petition for rehearing of his suspension case against the NFL before the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Brady's legal team, led by former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, petitions for a panel rehearing or a rehearing en banc.

May 25: Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) file an amicus brief in support of Brady and the NFLPA's petition for an en banc rehearing.

July 13: The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals denies a petition by Brady and the NFLPA on to rehear the suspension case, meaning Brady's last opportunity to dissolve the punishment would have to come in a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court.

July 15: Brady announces via his Facebook page that he has "made the difficult decision to longer proceed with the legal process." (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000674937/article/tom-brady-will-no-longer-proceed-in-legal-process) Brady will accept his four-game suspension and be eligible to return to the field against the Cleveland Browns (http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE) on Oct. 9.

Goodell stood up to the bullies and cheaters. Good for him. **** you Tom Brady!