PDA

View Full Version : McDavid cleans up at CHL awards

SpikedLemonade
05-30-2015, 07:04 PM
McDavid cleans up at CHL awards

QUEBEC CITY, Que. - Erie Otters star and projected No. 1 overall NHL draft pick Connor McDavid walked off with three Canadian junior hockey awards Saturday, including player of the year.

The 18-year-old was also named top prospect of the year and took the scholastic player of the year award for a second year in a row. He is expected to be taken first by the Edmonton Oilers in the NHL draft on June 26.

"It's been an exciting time for me. It's been a whirlwind of a year," McDavid said. "It's nice that it's getting close to the draft. I'll be able to take some time off this summer."

"You come in as a 15 year old just hoping to do the best you can and for this to happen is very special."

The awards were announced by the Canadian Hockey League, the umbrella organization for the Western, Ontario and Quebec Major Junior hockey leagues.

McDavid dominated junior hockey this season, finishing third in the OHL scoring race with 44 goals and 120 points in only 47 games. In the playoffs, he helped Erie reach the OHL final with 21 goals and 49 points in 20 games.

He also assisted Canada win gold at the world junior championship in Montreal and Toronto....

http://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-cleans-up-at-chl-awards-1.295705

JATMtheJATM
05-30-2015, 07:23 PM
Two generational players in one draft class. Impressive. Hope he does well in Edmonton.

Ingtar33
05-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Two generational players in one draft class. Impressive. Hope he does well in Edmonton.

he won't. oh, i'm sure statistically he'll do fine. but Edmonton will probably be in the lotto every year he's there.

then when he is eligible to be a free agent, it's a stone cold lock he'll leave. this is just a 4-5 year rental by Edmonton. they get to watch yet another HOF player leave. I feel for their fans because it's gotta be sickening to be a fan of that club.

SpikedLemonade
05-30-2015, 07:43 PM
LOL!!!!

Sabre fans crapping on Oilers fans. That is rich.

The Oilers have been in the NHL for a lot less time than the Sabres and they have 5 more SCs than the Sabres.

JATMtheJATM
05-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Well, at least they are in the appropriate area to do so. Not at another teams forum just to stir things up and obsess over their general manager.

And who is crapping on oilers fans? Not anyone in this thread

Ingtar33
05-31-2015, 02:29 AM
LOL!!!!

The Oilers have been in the NHL for a lot less time than the Sabres and they have 5 more SCs than the Sabres.

not crapping on oiler fans. i'm crapping on the franchise.

it's a long 25 years since the oilers have been Stanley cup champs. 3 owner switches, and frankly their coaching staff and front office has been killing all the talent they've nabbed in the last 5 years (4 no 1 picks over that time). simply put edmonton is where hockey talent goes to rot. then become a free agent and land somewhere else, and become a star overnight. Did you see how sick mcdavid looked when the oilers won the first pick? He knows what's up.

No, don't get me wrong. the Edmonton fan base deserves better then what it's gotten from it's team/ownership. As a sabre fan i can really sympathize with them because we do too.

snow1989
05-31-2015, 04:55 AM
No, don't get me wrong. the Edmonton fan base deserves better then what it's gotten from it's team/ownership. As a sabre fan i can really sympathize with them because we do too.

No.....only some of the sabres fan base deserves a better team. The rest deserve the crap they are given. You don't cheer an oppositions goal, even if the team is trying to tank for long-term benefit. Disgusting. You just sit quietly. You don't let leafs fans routinely drown out the home fan base at a game. It's sickening when the leafs cheers are louder than our own home club in our own house! You listen to some other arenas and they are rocking those places.....win or lose. Most sabres games you can hear some clown dropping change in another section because it's so quiet. Just my 2 cents

Jry44
05-31-2015, 05:24 AM
LOL!!!!

How are Sabres fans crapping on Oilers fans any worse than Bruins fans incessantly trolling and prodding a Sabres message board?

WagonCircler
05-31-2015, 09:51 AM
How are Sabres fans crapping on Oilers fans any worse than Bruins fans incessantly trolling and prodding a Sabres message board?

Spikey is a sad little man with no life, as evidenced by the fact that he basically exists to troll 24/7 on a web site that discusses sports teams from a city that he hates.

I don't know if you could come up with a more pathetic life if you hired a screenwriter.

mightysimi
06-02-2015, 07:20 AM
No.....only some of the sabres fan base deserves a better team. The rest deserve the crap they are given. You don't cheer an oppositions goal, even if the team is trying to tank for long-term benefit. Disgusting. You just sit quietly. You don't let leafs fans routinely drown out the home fan base at a game. It's sickening when the leafs cheers are louder than our own home club in our own house! You listen to some other arenas and they are rocking those places.....win or lose. Most sabres games you can hear some clown dropping change in another section because it's so quiet. Just my 2 cents

Can you name 2 players that left the oil and are all of a sudden good?