Vic Carucci Talks About Possible Bills Surprise Cuts, O-line Shakeup, Franchise QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Vic Carucci Talks About Possible Bills Surprise Cuts, O-line Shakeup, Franchise QB

Fred Jackson

EJ Manuel

Marquice Goodwin

Richie Incognito

Percy Harvin

This is a bit of a mixed bag of topics all jammed in to one article, but it's an interesting read and I think Carucci is trying to say something without really saying it if you know I mean.

Where did all of the OTA reports go? We got 1 days worth of reports, and that's it.

Why no updates on the QB competition I wonder? Who won day 2? Day 3?

Vic Carucci wrote two things in that article that stuck out the most to me.

"Tyrod Taylor, a clear favorite of coach Rex Ryan..."

and...

"It means that he and the rest of the Bills’ decision-makers are buying whatever time they can until they are able to land a franchise quarterback, the most critical ingredient to a championship team."
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Vic Carucci Talks About Possible Bills Surprise Cuts, O-line Shakeup, Franchise

If Fred Jackson gets cut I will revolt.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Re: Vic Carucci Talks About Possible Bills Surprise Cuts, O-line Shakeup, Franchise

I think you trade Fred and EJ in a package deal. EJ is a cancer as a backup but on another team he's definately serviceable. Fred is playing his last year and I know we all love him but you have to look forward here.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
        If Fred Jackson gets cut I will revolt.
        I'm glad that tis was the first reply because it was my first thought. I want Fred to retire after his last season as a Bill. He is far and away my favorite of all time.... an underdog on an underdog team. I'm a huge sap, I know.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
          I think you trade Fred and EJ in a package deal. EJ is a cancer as a backup but on another team he's definately serviceable. Fred is playing his last year and I know we all love him but you have to look forward here.
          EJ is a "cancer as a backup"? From where did you pull that one?

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Yeah, if Jackson gets cut I will move on from skeptical/disappointed to flat-out pissed with this regime and ready to move on to the next guy. Brown, maybe even Dixon, are the expendable ones at RB, cutting Freddie would be a complete admission of insecurity on Ryan's part. Maybe Rexy isn't a strong enough leader himself, to be able to handle an existing presence like Jackson in the locker room.

Emanual, Incognito and Goodwin aren't exactly reaches...I don't know if any would be real surprises at this point considering what they each have to overcome.

Harvin would be ridiculous. You just don't throw six million for one season at a guy that may be on the bubble. You expect him to play, and produce.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

No cuts among those listed.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

It will all be merit-based. If the younger guys play better, Freddie's out. I love him but you can't hang onto sentimentality and sadly, he's close to the end.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

The only one listed I see getting cut is Roscoe Parish v2.0.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Why do people care about fred jackson so much? Yes he is likable, but who cares. He's very old and his production can be easily replaced. That's the only thing that matters. He should have been cut years ago.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Fred Jackson at 34 is still a better RB than Brown or Dixon. Is the idea to fill the roster with the better players, or the younger ones?
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        • Feb 2006

^ I dont think that is true.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

Easily replaced? You people have the worst memories imaginable. When the team has a 3rd and short Fred gets the ball. Ask the Bears' Conte if Fred still has it. People care because he has earned it.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            • Feb 2006

Fred always gets hurt too. He's good for maybe 600 yards a season. Easily replaced.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                              ^ I dont think that is true.
                              Fair enough, but I can't agree.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X