PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy how-to: Draft strategies

BillsFever
07-21-2003, 05:17 PM
(July 21, 2003) -- What to do, what to do? It's the first round of your league's fantasy draft, and your pick is up. The rest of the league waits with baited breath while you try to figure out who you should pick. Are you blanking out, or are you ready to go with the name of the man you want to build your team around?

Hopefully, you're ready. But in case you aren't 100 percent sure what you want to do with your fantasy draft, we're here to help with a few suggestions. Each one is a fantasy strategy that has been tried again and again -- some successful, others not as successful.

One suggestion from the get-go: Blowing off a fantasy game plan prior to your draft is a big mistake. I've played with a guy in a league for three years who looks at a few names before the draft and says he's ready. He's never made the playoffs. It won't hurt you one bit to spend a little free time getting ready for your draft, especially if winning your league means something to you (and why wouldn't it?)

Here are some strategies used on draft day:

http://nfl.com/fantasy/story/6484241

Novacane
07-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

One suggestion from the get-go: Blowing off a fantasy game plan prior to your draft is a big mistake. I've played with a guy in a league for three years who looks at a few names before the draft and says he's ready. He's never made the playoffs.

http://nfl.com/fantasy/story/6484241

I disagree with this part. I usually go to a website the night before my drafts and print out rankings/cheat sheets. In my pay league I have never finished lower than fourth in 6 years and have won the league 3 times. On contrast there is a guy in our league that is a fantasy phsyco. He gets every magazine out there........spends 2 months getting ready and has only finished top 5 one time. research is overated IMO. Going with my gut feeling has worked for me,

BillsFever
07-26-2003, 02:19 AM
I don't study for the draft much either. I rank my players and I go from there.