PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor is, "A Clear Favorite of Coach Rex Ryan"

BillsImpossible
06-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Vic Carucci said it, not me. To call Taylor the coach's, "Clear favorite," was very surprising.

Rex has paid a lot of lip service to Tyrod Taylor lately, but that's what he always does.

How does Carucci know that Taylor is Rex Ryan's clear favorite?

You think he's saying this based on press conferences, or something else?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/05/30/bills-mailbag-big-name-cuts-could-still-happen/

"But that presumes he would convince the coaches he is a better option in the No. 2 role than either Tyrod Taylor, a clear favorite of coach Rex Ryan, or a far more experienced veteran in Matt Cassel."

YardRat
06-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Oooooh. Good thread, nice op construction.

YardRat
06-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Ryan seems to to blush and get a little bit girly-giddy when talking about Taylor, so maybe that's where it comes from.

BillsImpossible
06-01-2015, 07:24 PM
This single shred of information about the Bills quarterback competition has me very excited, sorry.

Tyrod Taylor is the, "clear favorite of coach Rex Ryan," wha!

How can Carucci say that before training camp? Think he knows something you don't?

I've been on the T-Mobile train since day one, but a statement like that surprises me.

SpikedLemonade
06-01-2015, 07:28 PM
I am not going to surf the ups and downs of what comes out of Rex's mouth between now and the season starting.

Rex is brash and a loudmouth. That is his persona.

I am rooting that his ass can cash the checks his mouth writes.

BillsImpossible
06-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Ryan seems to to blush and get a little bit girly-giddy when talking about Taylor, so maybe that's where it comes from.

Very true. 2 weeks until Roman knows who the starting QB will be.

Isn't it obvious by now?

Tyrod Taylor is going to start against the Colts.

Goobylal
06-01-2015, 07:37 PM
We'll see if he still is come pre-season game time.

HHURRICANE
06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
I read this article and you are reading way too much into it.

OpIv37
06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
This single shred of information about the Bills quarterback competition has me very excited, sorry.

Tyrod Taylor is the, "clear favorite of coach Rex Ryan," wha!

How can Carucci say that before training camp? Think he knows something you don't?

I've been on the T-Mobile train since day one, but a statement like that surprises me.

Ryan said he tried to get Taylor when he was still coaching the Jets.

This sounds like bias to me. It sounds like he's married to his guy. Granted, the Bills didn't exactly hand him anything worthwhile in terms of QB, but the lack of objectivity is disconcerting.

Meathead
06-01-2015, 10:30 PM
1E9% ej starts

Skooby
06-01-2015, 10:55 PM
All mats have been banned at the facilities, so there's a chance we might have a few healthy choices anyways.

GingerP
06-02-2015, 06:12 AM
He updated the tat he has of his wife wearing a Sanchez Jets jersey to a Bills jersey. If he gets it updated again to have the "6" changed to a "5", you may be onto something.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-02-2015, 07:53 AM
I believe Tyrod will play some QB this season. Starting is a differnt matter. He played in some packages for the Ravens and had left some good impression on Rex, on top of words of mouth from coaches.

I do agree with MeatHead that most likely EJ gets the nod if no one separates clearly from the pack. People say we need to win now. I'm not so sure as Rex is signed for 5 years, record money for the Bills organization. They need to make a determination on EJ for sure. I know a lot of Bills fan already made a decision on him, but remember Greg Roman and his offense is new here and they would certainly give him a chance. It kind of reminds me of the Losman situation when Jauron came in, they gave him one year; mixed results; and they drafted Edwards next year.

I do want to mention that the Bills are much "deeper" at QB position than they had for awhile, so EJ is not going to get the whole year if he tanks. The word "deeper" means comparable players, not necessarily high level players. Marrone's tenure here, to me, will always be remembered as mis-management of QB position. EJ, Tuel, + a practice squd guy in year 1 and EJ, last minute signed Orton, + Tuel year two, you just can't get any worse than that.

justasportsfan
06-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Dont care who Rex's favorite is. I hope they play whoever is Romans favorite .

jimmifli
06-02-2015, 12:22 PM
All mats have been banned at the facilities, so there's a chance we might have a few healthy choices anyways.
I still can't believe that really happened.

JoeMama
06-02-2015, 12:26 PM
I still can't believe that really happened.

Poor Kevin Kolb.

The ultimate Mr. Derp for slipping on a mat and soon thereafter ending his career...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2zTDXX9ReyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimmifli
06-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Poor Kevin Kolb.

The ultimate Mr. Derp for slipping on a mat and soon thereafter ending his career...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2zTDXX9ReyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Makes me want to get a Kevin Kolb Bills Jersey

Historian
06-03-2015, 06:25 AM
Poor Kevin Kolb.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2zTDXX9ReyU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I think it's kinda symbolic of this franchise....