PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson: LeSean McCoy 'to get 300-plus carries'

SpikedLemonade
06-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Fred Jackson: LeSean McCoy 'to get 300-plus carries'

We possess yet more proof that LeSean McCoy (http://www.nfl.com/player/leseanmccoy/79607/profile) is a favorite to lead the NFL in carries next season.

Speaking Tuesday, fellow Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) running back Fred Jackson (http://www.nfl.com/player/fredjackson/2506871/profile) said Buffalo is looking to match or surpass the 313 rushes that McCoy averaged over the past two seasons in Philly.

"I don't know exactly what my role is going to be," (http://www.wgr550.com/Jackson-talks-role-and-2015-season-on-WGR/21587372) Jackson told WGR-AM. "They say that they want Shady to get 300-plus carries next year. So that's a guy you're feeding the ball all the time. So I'll be ready when my number is called."

It's no secret that coach Rex Ryan wants to make McCoy his centerpiece on offense after running backs aide Anthony Lynn said as much last month.

"I talk to the guys all the time about Curtis Martin. (http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/05/19/browns-missed-time-puts-him-behind-other-bills-backs/) This guy led the league in rushing his ninth year," Lynn said, per The Buffalo News. "I'd love to see (McCoy) get that many rushes. If he's getting that many touches, that means that we're winning ball games"...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000495204/article/fred-jackson-lesean-mccoy-to-get-300plus-carries

I fully support that. Run Shady until his legs fall off.

JoeMama
06-02-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm okay with that.

If we're going to give up Kiko for an RB, we damn well better run him 300 times a season.

F-Jax will be a perfect compliment to McCoy.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Cut Jackson.

streetkings01
06-02-2015, 01:05 PM
How much you want to bet we'll see a post saying "Dont bet against Fred , wouldn't surprise me if he wins the job back , he's the heart and soul of the team" blah blah blah

ghz in pittsburgh
06-02-2015, 01:16 PM
If Rex has his way, the Bills offense may run about 1000 plays in 16 games. 320 go to McCoy. Another 300 go to Jackson, Boobie, Williams, Felton. So all the shiny toys, Watkins (I'd imagine averaging 10 targets a game), Harvin (should be targeted minimum 6 times a game), the rest, Woods/Clay/new TE/Goodwin, etc. share the rest 100 plays.

BertSquirtgum
06-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Jackson aint getting cut dumb and dumber. Get over it.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Be quiet fool. Your signature is perfect for how brain dead you are.

JoeMama
06-02-2015, 02:41 PM
How any Bills fan couldn't love F-Jax is beyond me.

He's been one of the only bright spots in an otherwise dreary 15 year span.

To hate him, you really have to make room in your day and put some effort into it.

JoeMama
06-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Or just be a total angry loser.

Either way.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 03:28 PM
You people are way too attached. You don't have to hate a guy to realize he's not very good and in the twilight of his career with only greater future diminishing returns.

Crisis
06-02-2015, 03:51 PM
You people are way too attached. You don't have to hate a guy to realize he's not very good and in the twilight of his career with only greater future diminishing returns.

What part of Fred's year last year makes anyone thing he's not very good?

He's obviously getting up there in age but he's still extremely productive.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Five 80+ yard games in the last 40, One 20+ yard run last year, can barely muster 800 yards, always coming off an injury. His ceiling gets continuously lower and keeping him around for a swansong year just impedes the progress of the guys who can actually have a productive future at the position for us.

BertSquirtgum
06-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Five 80+ yard games in the last 40, One 20+ yard run last year, can barely muster 800 yards, always coming off an injury. His ceiling gets continuously lower and keeping him around for a swansong year just impedes the progress of the guys who can actually have a productive future at the position for us.

Dumb

JoeMama
06-02-2015, 05:44 PM

You have the most ironic name on this site.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 05:47 PM
^ you are just a cry baby.

swiper
06-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Be quiet fool. Your signature is perfect for how brain dead you are.

You're the only fool posting here lately Doughboy.

Crisis
06-02-2015, 06:39 PM

Still over 1,000 yards from scrimmage behind one of the worst lines in the league and awful quarterbacks.

Does it really matter to groom a young RB? You ride out the productive ones you have until they're no longer worth their pay, which Jackson clearly is.

JoeMama
06-02-2015, 07:05 PM
^ you are just a cry baby.

I'm an F-Jax man because I don't hate those who made us proud over the past decade.

Who are you, if not a nobody?

YardRat
06-02-2015, 07:13 PM
He should get 300 carries, he's getting paid to be ridden hard and put away wet. Freddie is the best option for a breather, third down back, and mentor for the others to try and teach them what it means to be a professional moving forward. I like Boobie. Williams is an unknown, but IMO he can be a similar back to FJax if he pays attention and takes the game seriously. Hate to give up on Brown after one season and using a pick to get him, but he really brings absolutely nothing to the table that the others don't.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 08:15 PM
You're the only fool posting here lately Doughboy.
Still haven't shown yourself nerd. And I don't expect you to because you are a pussy. I'm 6'0 200 loser, since you just had to know

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an F-Jax man because I don't hate those who made us proud over the past decade.

Who are you, if not a nobody?
You are proud of a decade of loss?

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Still over 1,000 yards from scrimmage behind one of the worst lines in the league and awful quarterbacks.

Does it really matter to groom a young RB? You ride out the productive ones you have until they're no longer worth their pay, which Jackson clearly is.he's not productive enough to keep around and he's only going to get worse.

JoeMama
06-02-2015, 08:19 PM
You are proud of a decade of loss?

I'm proud enough not to be some fool that blows off a man's dedication and devotion to our team just because we lost.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm proud enough not to be some fool that blows off a man's dedication and devotion to our team just because we lost.
You can do all that and still recognize when its time to move on. Obviously Fred is easy to root for but its time to send him off to pasture. I don't know why some people take that so personally. The team as a whole is more important than Fred Jackson.

YardRat
06-02-2015, 08:27 PM
You can do all that and still recognize when its time to move on. Obviously Fred is easy to root for but its time to send him off to pasture. I don't know why some people take that so personally. The team as a whole is more important than Fred Jackson.

IMO it isn't anybody taking it personally, more a case of most recognizing Jackson is still a better asset to the team than a couple of other players. Brown, specifically, for me.

JoeMama
06-02-2015, 08:29 PM

OK so you're a Bloodhound Gang man.

Some cows would be put out than be put out to the pasture.

You'll appreciate Freddy if LeSean blows out his ACL or gets hurt behind our mediocre o-line.

And if you don't, you're an insane person.

Mace
06-02-2015, 08:29 PM
he's not productive enough to keep around and he's only going to get worse.

Um, yeah but he was more productive last year than any of the backs we had, and caught more balls than any of the receivers last year ? You're just riding the wave. Meh. Wait a while, you'll have plenty of other aggravation to enjoy.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 08:31 PM
That's fine rat. But come on its obvious people are treating it as blasphemy. 1000 yard rushing season is 60 yards a game that's nothing and Fred hasn't sniffed that in years. Brown can break big runs and score from other places besides inside the 5 yard line. Fred can't. And when he does score its 3 times a year.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Um, yeah but he was more productive last year than any of the backs we had, and caught more balls than any of the receivers last year ? You're just riding the wave. Meh. Wait a while, you'll have plenty of other aggravation to enjoy.
He should be more productive when he gets twice the attempts as the other two combined. Come on man.

Mace
06-02-2015, 08:34 PM
He should be more productive when he gets twice the attempts as the other two combined. Come on man.

Your basic argument that he's not productive is out the window.

He was the most productive back and caught more balls than Watkins.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Not productive enough. If you give either Dixon or brown that many carries they would blow him out of the water. Give fred as many as they had and he'd be completely useless.

YardRat
06-02-2015, 08:41 PM
That's fine rat. But come on its obvious people are treating it as blasphemy. 1000 yard rushing season is 60 yards a game that's nothing and Fred hasn't sniffed that in years. Brown can break big runs and score from other places besides inside the 5 yard line. Fred can't. And when he does score its 3 times a year.

Bryce Brown barely has 1000 yards rushing over a 39-game career, so he's barely averaging 25 yards per game. The only time he saw 'extended' action (115 carries) he put the ball on the carpet 4 times and averaged 35 yards per game.. He's averaged less than one reception per game. I'm just not seeing it, and that's not even getting into the intangibles.

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 08:42 PM
He was the most productive back and caught more balls than Watkins.
Cool our QBs constantly checked the ball down. That doesn't mean anything man stop overvaluing that ****. And Spiller was out what half the year? How can you possibly use that as a supporting argument?

Buffalogic
06-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Bryce Brown barely has 1000 yards rushing over a 39-game career, so he's barely averaging 25 yards per game. The only time he saw 'extended' action (115 carries) he put the ball on the carpet 4 times and averaged 35 yards per game.. He's averaged less than one reception per game. I'm just not seeing it, and that's not even getting into the intangibles.
Brown did fumble a lot. So does Jackson. But Brown can score on long runs. Jackson can't and won't. Dixon can easily get the short yardage Fred tries to get. Keeping him on because he caught the most two yard passes is counterproductive.

HHURRICANE
06-03-2015, 06:34 AM
Love Fred Jackson but if any deal can get done to extend players or improve the team id say "go" for cutting Fred.

The King
06-03-2015, 07:14 AM

LOL. He had 1,000 all purpose yards last year, 525 rushing, 501 receiving. He's probably the best pass blocking running back in the NFL. This isn't Madden, there's a lot more to playing football.

cookie G
06-03-2015, 07:27 AM
LOL. He had 1,000 all purpose yards last year, 525 rushing, 501 receiving. He's probably the best pass blocking running back in the NFL. This isn't Madden, there's a lot more to playing football.

Well, that's where this "5 80+ yard games in the past 40" is kind of a crock.

Anyone who's paid attention to FJ knows that he's used as much as a receiver out of the backfield as he is a RB.

When you talk about yards from scrimmage, its actually around 19 80+ yard games in the past 40, or about half of the past 40 games.

That's for a guy who has been splitting playing time.

DynaPaul
06-03-2015, 07:27 AM
At least Roman isn't saying we're going to run McCoy "until he pukes." Jackson isn't going anywhere. We need a reliable set of legs that will get the yards when McCoy needs a breather and also for packages that require more than one RB out there. I seriously have to question anyone who wants to cut Freddy.

ParanoidAndroid
06-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Not productive enough. If you give either Dixon or brown that many carries they would blow him out of the water. Give fred as many as they had and he'd be completely useless.

Explain why he was at the top of the depth chart instead of the other guys. Are you telling me that professional coaches couldn't tell that Fred wasn't better than those guys?

streetkings01
06-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Explain why he was at the top of the depth chart instead of the other guys. Are you telling me that professional coaches couldn't tell that Fred wasn't better than those guys?You do know Marrone was our coach last year right? As soon as Rex came in we trade for McCoy and draft Los...........what does that tell you?

JoeMama
06-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Belichick would take F-Jax in a heartbeat.

That notion alone is worth keeping him.

trapezeus
06-03-2015, 10:07 AM
if the bills had lesean and a real number 2 who was 23-25 and could spell mccoy and be a starter if we had an injury, yeah, fred could get cut.

but bryce brown hasn't even dressed in a lot of situations. and when he did, he fumbled away a game because the ball was too far from his body. this is an issue his whole college and pro life. you want to bank of him to be a contributor? and boobie can run into a pile,but he can't pick up a lot of yards. he's a ST with minimal use on O.

as a result, fred stays. and with maybe 50 carries in the season and a lot of blocking situations on 3rd and long, i don't see anyone better.

the only way i see him getting cut is on last cuts if that young guy has become available and the bills want a little more aside from shady for injury purposes.

ParanoidAndroid
06-03-2015, 10:30 AM
You do know Marrone was our coach last year right? As soon as Rex came in we trade for McCoy and draft Los...........what does that tell you?

It tells me they wanted to upgrade and take a flyer on a young RB which they did. What's that got to do with Freddie being higher on the depth chart than Dixon or Brown?
Marrone can't tell which player is better at his job but you and Bobologic can?

BertSquirtgum
06-03-2015, 10:36 AM

and you know this how?

Victor7
06-03-2015, 11:03 AM
McCoy is the only player better than Fred at the moment.

Fred is going up against Boobie, Brown and Karlos Williams for a spot on the team. Lets analyze each one

Boobie. Similar to Fred in style. Strong runners who rely on tackle breaking ability rather than speed. They are pretty much the same runner but Fred is far better a receiver and blocker. Advantage Jackson

Brown. Coach Ryan doens't know who the guy is. Neither does the RB's coach. Great speed and all, but nothing more. Fumbles too much and through 3 years in the league has done next to nada. Advantage Fred.

Karlos Williams. A 5th round rookie. Not much else to say. Advantage Fred

Its an easy call. He's on par with any of the 3 and none of them have that non quantifiable value Fred does. Also consider that Fred will no longer have to carry the load for the team. He's gonna be the change of pace back and be fresher. This is ideal for him and the offense. He's not going anywhere unless he absolutely tanks during the preseason.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 12:27 PM
LOL. He had 1,000 all purpose yards last year, 525 rushing, 501 receiving. He's probably the best pass blocking running back in the NFL. This isn't Madden, there's a lot more to playing football.1000 all purpose yards is nothing. What don't you people get about that? Shady gets around TWO THOUSAND!

- - - Updated - - -

It tells me they wanted to upgrade and take a flyer on a young RB which they did. What's that got to do with Freddie being higher on the depth chart than Dixon or Brown?
Marrone can't tell which player is better at his job but you and Bobologic can?Marrone is an idiot and benched the best players repeatedly based on his own ego.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-03-2015, 12:29 PM
McCoy is the only player better than Fred at the moment.

Fred is going up against Boobie, Brown and Karlos Williams for a spot on the team. Lets analyze each one

Boobie. Similar to Fred in style. Strong runners who rely on tackle breaking ability rather than speed. They are pretty much the same runner but Fred is far better a receiver and blocker. Advantage Jackson

Brown. Coach Ryan doens't know who the guy is. Neither does the RB's coach. Great speed and all, but nothing more. Fumbles too much and through 3 years in the league has done next to nada. Advantage Fred.

Karlos Williams. A 5th round rookie. Not much else to say. Advantage Fred

Its an easy call. He's on par with any of the 3 and none of them have that non quantifiable value Fred does. Also consider that Fred will no longer have to carry the load for the team. He's gonna be the change of pace back and be fresher. This is ideal for him and the offense. He's not going anywhere unless he absolutely tanks during the preseason.

Boobie Dixon is much bigger than Jackson and much better as a power runner. Jackson can work the holes very well, but he is not a power back while Dixon is.

And another thing which people keep ignoring is that Jackson makes as much money as all three of them combined and has 0 dead cap if cut.

BertSquirtgum
06-03-2015, 12:29 PM
1000 all purpose yards is nothing. What don't you people get about that? Shady gets around TWO THOUSAND!

You need to find another train to get on. This hate on Fredlee is ridiculous. He makes the team better. I don't give a **** how old he is. He is 100% the second best running back on the team. You bring up he is hurt a lot. It's football. He hits people every play he's in. People are going to get hurt. Spiller was out hurt for more than half his career here. Thank god the Bills had to Fredlee for picking up the slack.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 12:31 PM
1,000 all purpose yards in a season is a combined 60 yards a game. You people must be joking. You think your number two running back is good if he rushed for 30 yards a game? COME ON!

streetkings01
06-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Belichick would take F-Jax in a heartbeat.

That notion alone is worth keeping him.The same Belichick who gets rid of vets a year or 2 before they hit the wall lol

Victor7
06-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Boobie Dixon is much bigger than Jackson and much better as a power runner. Jackson can work the holes very well, but he is not a power back while Dixon is.

And another thing which people keep ignoring is that Jackson makes as much money as all three of them combined and has 0 dead cap if cut.

I said similar. Not the same type. I realize Boobie is more powerful than Fred. But its not like Fred is a Spiller type. I was alluding to the fact that neither of them are speed demons more than anything. Hence the similarities.

He does make as much as the 3 combined but he doesn't make that much either. Its not like his salary is around 5 million or anything like that. In fact I think he's below 3 mill.

streetkings01
06-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Marrone can't tell which player is better at his job but you and Bobologic can?We knew Urbik was a better option then any of the guys he trotted out there. We knew there were better options at the #2 on the street then Jeff freaking Tuel!

JoeMama
06-03-2015, 01:43 PM
The same Belichick who gets rid of vets a year or 2 before they hit the wall lol

The same Belichick who signed Junior Seau in his final years.

The same Belichick who signed Fred Taylor in his final years.

The same Belichick who hung onto Kevin Faulk as long as possible.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-03-2015, 01:47 PM
I said similar. Not the same type. I realize Boobie is more powerful than Fred. But its not like Fred is a Spiller type. I was alluding to the fact that neither of them are speed demons more than anything. Hence the similarities.

Ok that's fair.

He does make as much as the 3 combined but he doesn't make that much either. Its not like his salary is around 5 million or anything like that. In fact I think he's below 3 mill.

He's at 2.3 million base with probably another 300k in incentives. By itself that's pretty high for a halfback at his age, but I'd be ok with it if we hadn't been throwing enormous resources at the backfield this offseason and comparatively few at the offensive line. Frankly, I'd have been much happier this season if we had not done the McCoy trade/extension and instead spent that money on Iupati and rolled out Jackson/Dixon/Brown/Williams behind him.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 02:01 PM
We knew Urbik was a better option then any of the guys he trotted out there. We knew there were better options at the #2 on the street then Jeff freaking Tuel!Don't forget Mike Williams.

streetkings01
06-03-2015, 02:58 PM
You need to find another train to get on. This hate on Fredlee is ridiculous. He makes the team better. I don't give a **** how old he is. He is 100% the second best running back on the team. You bring up he is hurt a lot. It's football. He hits people every play he's in. People are going to get hurt. Spiller was out hurt for more than half his career here. Thank god the Bills had to Fredlee for picking up the slack.I dont know if he does make the team better , the team seemed to do just fine without him over the years.

Take a look at 2011 when Fred went down against the Dolphins and CJ took the full load the last 6 games of the season........633 total yards 5 TDs.

Take a look at 2012 when CJ was the primary back and Fred was the backup...................1244 rushing yards 6TD , 43 rec 459 yards 2 TD

This proves my case , people keep saying none of those guys can give us the same production Fred gives us but how do we know if they dont get the same opportunity. When we gave CJ more touches he blew Fred's stats out of the water , I think Dixon, Brown or Los can exceed Fred's production if given the same amount of touches.

The King
06-03-2015, 03:04 PM
1,000 all purpose yards in a season is a combined 60 yards a game. You people must be joking. You think your number two running back is good if he rushed for 30 yards a game? COME ON!

Except he played in 14 games. And he was 3rd in the league for RB receiving yardage, 1st Downs and receptions.

For those of you keeping track he's a top 3 RB in the passing game. And he's probably a better blocker than both Bell ad Forte who sit above him. Just ask JJ Watt.

So the facts say that he's a pretty valuable asset.

JoeMama
06-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Except he played in 14 games. And he was 3rd in the league for RB receiving yardage, 1st Downs and receptions.

For those of you keeping track he's a top 3 RB in the passing game. And he's probably a better blocker than both Bell ad Forte who sit above him. Just ask JJ Watt.

Save your breath.

Anyone who doesn't understand why F-Jax is great a valuable asset to the Bills by now never will.

They're either blind or willfully ignorant. Take your pick.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 03:19 PM

You actually expect him to play 16 games? Not happening. You think his stats are going to go up? Also, not happening. McCoy can catch balls just fine why exactly do we need Fred? Our second back should be a runner first and a pass catcher second. And to think his blocking can't be replaced is just more overvaluing and excuse making for a player who should not be on the roster. Pull your heads out people. Think with the brain, not the heart.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Save your breath.

Anyone who doesn't understand why F-Jax is great a valuable asset to the Bills by now never will.

They're either blind or willfully ignorant. Take your pick.Or just have a brain and choose to use it instead of being a bleeding heart fan boy.

better days
06-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Or just have a brain and choose to use it instead of being a bleeding heart fan boy.

LMAO.

WHY would anyone spend time on this board if they are not a fan boy?

The entire purpose of this board is for FANS on the Buffalo Bills to discuss the team.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 04:04 PM
I'm a fan of the team not Fred Jackson. I don't idolize players.

better days
06-03-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm a fan of the team not Fred Jackson. I don't idolize players.

Well, then you are a fan boy!

better days
06-03-2015, 04:07 PM
And I don't idolize Fred Jackson, but I have RESPECT for him & you should as well.

JoeMama
06-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Or just have a brain and choose to use it instead of being a bleeding heart fan boy.

He's the second best back on the roster and hands down your best locker room leader.

You don't cut him.

There's no logic to that.

None.

better days
06-03-2015, 04:12 PM
He's the second best back on the roster and hands down your best locker room leader.

You don't cut him.

There's no logic to that.

None.

I have Buffalogic figured out, he is an ageist.

JoeMama
06-03-2015, 04:17 PM
I have Buffalogic figured out, he is an ageist.

OMG EWW a 34 y/o RB??? http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/doublebarf.gif

Thank you, that's my Buffalogic impression.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 04:32 PM
He's not the second best back but keep clinging to that. Keep acting like 30 rushing yards per game is irreplaceable.

Victor7
06-03-2015, 04:45 PM
He's not the second best back but keep clinging to that. Keep acting like 30 rushing yards per game is irreplaceable.

That also falls on the OL you know. We had one of the worst units in the league last year. To describe them as abysmal would be an understatement.

This year's line seems to be better. Not to mention Fred won't be the feature back but the change of pace. Its a completely different scenario than last season.

JoeMama
06-03-2015, 04:56 PM

You keep ignoring his receiving stats and his blocking ability as though they're inconsequential. You keep using YPA as a crutch even though no one was getting good blocks up front last season.

He's a perfect role player. We don't need him to lead the league in rushing like he did the first 8 weeks of 2011.

We need his intangibles, his receiving skills out of the flat, and his blocking ability.

I personally think Boobie Dixon should be the odd man out with McCoy, F-Jax, and Brown as 1 2 3 on the depth chart.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 05:00 PM
500 Receiving yards is also 30 a game. That too is soooo irreplaceable. He's only going to get worse.

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Yes let's cut a 27 year old promising player so we can keep a 34 year old guy who's numbers keep dwindling for one more year. Makes tons of sense.

JoeMama
06-03-2015, 05:18 PM
500 Receiving yards is also 30 a game. That too is soooo irreplaceable. He's only going to get worse.

People have been saying the same sad old story about F-Jax for years now.

He's too old, this is the year he hits the wall, etc etc.

But he'll be a fantastic role player backing up & complimenting LeSean McCoy.

If we had two excellent younger options at RB, then sure, maybe I'd consider moving F-Jax. But that's not the case. Bryce Brown is a good player and is worth keeping on the roster. But not Boobie Dixon. So there's no need to cut F-Jax.

And look, do you watch the games? Have you not seen what a great blocker he is? Have you not seen him move the chains in scenarios where he had no business scraping out a first down getting a tough couple extra yards? Have you not seen some his his receptions in the flat that sustained drives? And he still has one of the best stiff arms in the game.

swiper
06-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Brown is clearly the guy on the way out. The RB roster will be McCoy, Jackson, Dixon and the draftee. And everyone knows it.

And Karlos Williams will likely spend a lot of time on the practice squad. Unless he can return kicks.

YardRat
06-03-2015, 08:38 PM
1000 all purpose yards is nothing. What don't you people get about that? Shady gets around TWO THOUSAND!

- - - Updated - - -

Marrone is an idiot and benched the best players repeatedly based on his own ego.

He's topped 2000 one time, just over 1600 two more times. His other three seasons were around 1400, 1200 and under 1000. He's averaged just a couple yards over 1500 (which is pretty good, but nowhere near 2000).

Buffalogic
06-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Sproles cut into his receptions last couple years. He'll approach, if not surpass 2000 on the bills if he doesn't get hurt.

Mouldsie
06-03-2015, 09:52 PM

You just have to have not watched him last year or at any point in his career.

Mouldsie
06-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Who gives a **** how much Fred Jackson makes? We're under the cap and it's not your money.

BertSquirtgum
06-03-2015, 10:00 PM
You actually expect him to play 16 games? Not happening. You think his stats are going to go up? Also, not happening. McCoy can catch balls just fine why exactly do we need Fred? Our second back should be a runner first and a pass catcher second. And to think his blocking can't be replaced is just more overvaluing and excuse making for a player who should not be on the roster. Pull your heads out people. Think with the brain, not the heart.

I don't think you are thinking at all.

BertSquirtgum
06-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Yup you are going to hide. Total pussy. First you call me 12 years old, then doughy at 6'0, 200? But you won't show yourself. Hahaha. What a sad fool you are. ****ing loser lol. I don't need to be anonymous, I'm not afraid of what I say or how I look. You obviously are. Little *****.

Justifying something just shows people that you are afraid of what they say.

ParanoidAndroid
06-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Yup you are going to hide. Total pussy. First you call me 12 years old, then doughy at 6'0, 200? But you won't show yourself. Hahaha. What a sad fool you are. ****ing loser lol. I don't need to be anonymous, I'm not afraid of what I say or how I look. You obviously are. Little *****.

:rolleyes:

IlluminatusUIUC
06-04-2015, 12:21 AM
Who gives a **** how much Fred Jackson makes? We're under the cap and it's not your money.

Because that money could be put to better use IMO

YardRat
06-04-2015, 04:35 AM
You're an idiot on many levels. Posting photos of your family is a new low in stupidity for you Doughboy.

You two need to settle down or bail on the thread.

YardRat
06-04-2015, 04:41 AM

There are other options available to gain cap space and use elsewhere that doesn't include cutting the one guy that is most identified with team leadership, most that still won't have as much impact as FJax despite his expected diminished role in the offense.

The King
06-04-2015, 07:24 AM
I like that his 500 yards receiving are totally replaceable. Yes, they are by Bell and Forte the only players who had more. Jackson has one more year left likely, he's earned that year. People are pushing him out the door because of the potential of other players. Potential and results are two completely different things.

streetkings01
06-04-2015, 09:00 AM
I like that his 500 yards receiving are totally replaceable. Yes, they are by Bell and Forte the only players who had more. Jackson has one more year left likely, he's earned that year. People are pushing him out the door because of the potential of other players. Potential and results are two completely different things.I think this thread got to be where it's at because of some posters ready to bail on the team if Fred Jackson is cut huh? I understand that people in Buffalo can identify with his story , but to think that he cant be replaced is just plain stupid! Teams cut guys like Fred all the time , lets not act like Fred is Gods gift to the Buffalo Bills.

streetkings01
06-04-2015, 09:04 AM
A receiving back is not needed in this offense anyways when you have guys like Watkins, Woods, Harvin and Clay. So who cares about replacing Fred's receiving numbers........Gore averaged 51 receptions per year before Roman took over as OC........after Roman took over he averaged 18 receptions per season. A receiving back has no place in this offense so that shows that Fred is indeed replaceable!

better days
06-04-2015, 09:10 AM
A receiving back is not needed in this offense anyways when you have guys like Watkins, Woods, Harvin and Clay. So who cares about replacing Fred's receiving numbers........Gore averaged 51 receptions per year before Roman took over as OC........after Roman took over he averaged 18 receptions per season. A receiving back has no place in this offense so that shows that Fred is indeed replaceable!

On third down, Fred can either provide blocking to buy the QB time or be a safety valve for the QB to throw the ball to or both of those.

No other back on the Bills has the versatility Fred has.

Mr. Pink
06-04-2015, 09:39 AM

:rofl:

Fred is making 2.35 base with about 300k in bonuses/incentives.

So you tell me where we're gonna get veteran leadership, a guy who's well liked in the locker room, a guy who does the little things like, oh, actually block in the backfield for 2.65m in 2015 if Fred is axed.

streetkings01
06-04-2015, 09:59 AM
On third down, Fred can either provide blocking to buy the QB time or be a safety valve for the QB to throw the ball to or both of those.

No other back on the Bills has the versatility Fred has.Gore is better then Fred and wasn't used as a safety valve in Roman's offense so why would Fred? Shady isn't coming off the field on 3rd down........this isn't the Gailey/Marrone offense.

Meathead
06-04-2015, 09:59 AM
its not the money its the roster spot

the choice is to use that spot on a young potential up and comer or to roll the dice and hope you can get one more productive season out of the thousand year old man

if the bills coaches decide to keep freddie i will be happy for emotional reasons. and if he makes it through the season without getting seriously hurt or slamming against the wall i will be happy for football reasons

im still expecting them to cut him tho

streetkings01
06-04-2015, 10:04 AM

So you tell me where we're gonna get veteran leadership, a guy who's well liked in the locker room, a guy who does the little things like, oh, actually block in the backfield for 2.65m in 2015 if Fred is axed.This is becoming so cliche! Chris Kelsay was a veteran leader.....got us where? This teams doesn't need veteran leadership it needs fresher legs in the backfield like most winning franchises have! If we keep Fred cool.........but he better not be cutting into any of McCoys/Dixon/Williams carries barring injury.

Mr. Pink
06-04-2015, 10:10 AM
This is becoming so cliche! Chris Kelsay was a veteran leader.....got us where? This teams doesn't need veteran leadership it needs fresher legs in the backfield like most winning franchises have! If we keep Fred cool.........but he better not be cutting into any of McCoys/Dixon/Williams carries barring injury.

Every team has diminishing skills veterans on their squads, Fred will be a backup who won't get very many touches now that there is a legit workhorse on the team. Brown and Dixon aren't the future of the backfield, Williams likely is...so you cut one of Brown and Dixon and no gives a crap, well apparently a few people do but why? Jackson won't be back next year anyway.

And again, if you cut Fred how do you replace at the very minimum his ability to block in the backfield? Especially at like 2.65m. That doesn't even account for whatever dead money he'd count as if cut.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-04-2015, 10:31 AM
There are other options available to gain cap space and use elsewhere that doesn't include cutting the one guy that is most identified with team leadership, most that still won't have as much impact as FJax despite his expected diminished role in the offense.

So you tell me where we're gonna get veteran leadership, a guy who's well liked in the locker room, a guy who does the little things like, oh, actually block in the backfield for 2.65m in 2015 if Fred is axed.

People keep asking how we'll replace Fred Jackson. He's been replaced already by LeSean McCoy - that's the deal I have a problem with. The McCoy trade was a horrendous idea and this is the blowback. Now we are paying Jackson top 20 halfback money this year for what might be less than 200 snaps. If McCoy needs to come off the field on 3rd downs, that only emphasizes how bad that contract was.

When Jackson was the lead dog in the committee, the deal made sense. Now that he's a distant second, it doesn't any more. W/r/t pass protection, you don't think we could teach that to someone like Felton or Williams in the next 3 months if we made that a priority? Or that Jackson could provide that leadership if we added him to the Bills coaching staff, like I've suggested in the past?

Mr. Pink
06-04-2015, 10:39 AM
People keep asking how we'll replace Fred Jackson. He's been replaced already by LeSean McCoy - that's the deal I have a problem with. The McCoy trade was a horrendous idea and this is the blowback. Now we are paying Jackson top 20 halfback money this year for what might be less than 200 snaps. If McCoy needs to come off the field on 3rd downs, that only emphasizes how bad that contract was.

When Jackson was the lead dog in the committee, the deal made sense. Now that he's a distant second, it doesn't any more. W/r/t pass protection, you don't think we could teach that to someone like Felton or Williams in the next 3 months if we made that a priority? Or that Jackson could provide that leadership if we added him to the Bills coaching staff, like I've suggested in the past?

Actually Jackson is 25th in salary at RB.

Both Eagles backs, both Saints backs and all 3 Chargers backs are making more money than him.

And everyone knows that none of the three other backs, not including Williams, on this roster can't block worth jack.

Buffalogic
06-04-2015, 10:45 AM
You just have to have not watched him last year or at any point in his career.ya that's a legitimate conclusion. I dont watch my favorite teams football games. Ridiculous. Obviously there are two sects of people on this topic. The realists who recognize his future diminishing capability and the player idolizers who want to pay for what their favorite player has done in the past.

cookie G
06-04-2015, 02:54 PM
You two need to settle down or bail on the thread.

hey, I bailed on the thread days ago!!!

You're welcome, Yardie.

Pissing matches aren't as fun any more.

Victor7
06-04-2015, 04:10 PM
I think this thread got to be where it's at because of some posters ready to bail on the team if Fred Jackson is cut huh? I understand that people in Buffalo can identify with his story , but to think that he cant be replaced is just plain stupid! Teams cut guys like Fred all the time , lets not act like Fred is Gods gift to the Buffalo Bills.

I don't think anyone is acting like he can't be replaced. The question is whether he NEEDS to be replaced.

Honestly about 80% of the team can be replaced. I mean aside from the superstars most players are in the good but not great category. Doesn't mean we should actually go out there and do it.

Its the same with Fred. Of course he can be replaced. But he's not breaking the bank and his leadership and "spiritual value" to the team are something to take into account.

swiper
06-04-2015, 05:30 PM
hey, I bailed on the thread days ago!!!

You're welcome, Yardie.

Pissing matches aren't as fun any more.

You mean after they let the poster tell you to die?

Buffalogic
06-04-2015, 05:51 PM
I'd bail too if I couldn't put a competent argument together. Or if there was proof supplied about how weak my personal insults were.

swiper
06-05-2015, 12:30 PM
I'd bail too if I couldn't put a competent argument together. Or if there was proof supplied about how weak my personal insults were.

I wrap circles around you every time you speak Doughboy. For years now. They are giving Jackson this year. They said so. You want everyone to know the truth about you? Here's what you have repped me with recently:

Thread: Fred Jackson: LeSean McCoy 'to get 300-plus carries' (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229578-Fred-Jackson-LeSean-McCoy-to-get-300-plus-carries?p=4100217#post4100217)
You are a piece of **** and a ****ing *****. Kill yourself you ****ing tool. You can't backup any of the piss you type. You wouldn't say **** to me to my face. ****ing *** *****.

06-04-2015 05:28 PM

Thread: John Miller impressing (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229589-John-Miller-impressing?p=4099934#post4099934)
You are a total ***** Swiper. Obvious ugly fat troll. Keep hiding your loud mouth *****.

06-04-2015 09:50 AM

Thread: John Miller impressing (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229589-John-Miller-impressing?p=4100034#post4100034)
:up:

06-03-2015 07:03 PM

Thread: Fred Jackson: LeSean McCoy 'to get 300-plus carries' (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229578-Fred-Jackson-LeSean-McCoy-to-get-300-plus-carries?p=4099924#post4099924)

06-03-2015 06:35 PM

Thread: Fred Jackson: LeSean McCoy 'to get 300-plus carries' (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229578-Fred-Jackson-LeSean-McCoy-to-get-300-plus-carries?p=4099924#post4099924)
You are a scared little ***** - Buffalogic

06-02-2015 09:26 PM

Thread: Fred Jackson: LeSean McCoy 'to get 300-plus carries' (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229578-Fred-Jackson-LeSean-McCoy-to-get-300-plus-carries?p=4099595#post4099595)
Show yourself then pussy. Stop jerking it to my hot wife you loser

06-02-2015 04:21 PM

Thread: Richie Just Being Richie (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229566-Richie-Just-Being-Richie?p=4099309#post4099309)

06-02-2015 12:44 PM

Thread: Richie Just Being Richie (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229566-Richie-Just-Being-Richie?p=4099309#post4099309)

06-02-2015 11:43 AM

Thread: Vic Carucci Talks About Possible Bills Surprise Cuts, O-line Shakeup, Franchise QB (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/229559-Vic-Carucci-Talks-About-Possible-Bills-Surprise-Cuts-O-line-Shakeup-Franchise-QB?p=4099322#post4099322)
****** Swiper. Scared to show your nerd ass

I, in turn, have not responded to you. Cookie is wise beyond all his years.

jimmifli
06-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Cookie is wise beyond all his years.
I don't know he's pretty old and often weariness is confused for wisdom.

cookie G
06-05-2015, 02:34 PM
I, in turn, have not responded to you. Cookie is wise beyond all his years.

Ha ha. I got a few of those as well.

cookie G
06-05-2015, 02:35 PM
I don't know he's pretty old and often weariness is confused for wisdom.

You just wait until the batteries on my Rascal scooter are charged.

I'm going to hunt you down and mess you up.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bbXpJC_ARJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SpikedLemonade
06-05-2015, 02:37 PM
I thought Cookie was an idiot for getting his tongue stuck in the shooter bowling ball at the 2008 KC game tailgate until I saw how popular he was with the ladies when we finally yanked that ball off his face.

Pure genius!

streetkings01
06-05-2015, 02:39 PM
I don't think anyone is acting like he can't be replaced. The question is whether he NEEDS to be replaced.

Honestly about 80% of the team can be replaced. I mean aside from the superstars most players are in the good but not great category. Doesn't mean we should actually go out there and do it.

Its the same with Fred. Of course he can be replaced. But he's not breaking the bank and his leadership and "spiritual value" to the team are something to take into account.What the hell is "spiritual value" and what does it have to do with helping the Buffalo Bills win?

WagonCircler
06-05-2015, 03:07 PM

Its the same with Fred. Of course he can be replaced. But he's not breaking the bank and his leadership and "spiritual value" to the team are something to take into account.

Victor's in the house!!!!

Victor7
06-05-2015, 05:25 PM
What the hell is "spiritual value" and what does it have to do with helping the Buffalo Bills win?

You know when I typed my response I knew that was going to come back to bite me. Never mind the rest of the post which makes a lot of sense.

I think you know what it means. His value to the team is more than just the numbers you can read on a stat sheet. If you really can't understand it there's no point in continuing

Mace
06-05-2015, 06:08 PM
You know when I typed my response I knew that was going to come back to bite me. Never mind the rest of the post which makes a lot of sense.

I think you know what it means. His value to the team is more than just the numbers you can read on a stat sheet. If you really can't understand it there's no point in continuing

I don't trust you, you were a big Jauron fan.

YardRat
06-05-2015, 07:02 PM

Well, to be fair, that's better than being a fan of lil' Dick.

trapezeus
06-08-2015, 10:47 AM
ultimately, i think both sides have an argument to be made regarding Fred, but i also think that there is a level of politics that rex has to toe.

Fred is a crowd favorite. he's a locker room favorite. canning him, if he is in anyway a possible number 2, is using political capital that a coach/leader may not want to use.

obviously if fred has hit a wall and everyone sees it, politics won't play a part of it.

but if rex goes out and loses the first 3 games and lesean struggles behind line play, it'll start, "why'd we let go of fred." it'll come from the fans and possibly inside the locker room. having fred as an ally gives ryan a little leverage if the season starts slow.

Victor7
06-08-2015, 12:16 PM

Hahaha !

Good one Mace. Good to see you man.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, to be fair, that's better than being a fan of lil' Dick.

He's being sarcastic. I am possibly the biggest Dick Jauron hater in the world. One of the worst head coaches in NFL history.

Bill Cody
06-08-2015, 03:40 PM
I hope Fred is on the team. If you have an ounce of common sense and watch the games you know we're much better off if McCoy gets injured and we have Fred to step in. Fred has a track record and is a well rounded back. Would he be overpaid as a backup? Sure but who cares, very smart insurance. I think he gets one more year.

Mace
06-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Hahaha !

Good one Mace. Good to see you man.

- - - Updated - - -

He's being sarcastic. I am possibly the biggest Dick Jauron hater in the world. One of the worst head coaches in NFL history.

Always good to see you too hombre.

I hated Jauron with a rabid fury that only flickered like a birthday candle next to the bonfire of Victor's disgust with him.