PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Pile

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Just looking to get my home opener ticket, came across this info:

Buffalo Bills Rock Pile sections form a block of seats throughout the 200 level above the scoreboard endzone. Eight sections make up the Rock Pile: Bills Section 241, Bills Section 242, Bills Section 243, Bills Section 244, Bills Section 200, Bills Section 201, Bills Section 202, and Bills Section 203. The view from the Rock Pile is comparable to that enjoyed by patrons in the Bills Upper Endzone. Given the reputation of fans sitting in the Rock Pile, families with young children or guests sensitive to outrageous behavior should avoid the Rock Pile seating area and any sections close to the Rock Pile. As the cheapest tickets anywhere in Ralph Wilson Stadium, rowdy Bills partisans also make the game difficult for visiting fans and the atmosphere can be outright hostile for anyone cheering for the visiting team.

http://www.billsseatingchart.com/buffalo-bills-rock-pile

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO getting tickets in the Rock Pile.

:gobills:

The King
06-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Just looking to get my home opener ticket, came across this info:

http://www.billsseatingchart.com/buffalo-bills-rock-pile

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO getting tickets in the Rock Pile.

I suspect I'll be doing the Premium Club again.

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Tell me more about that.

I found that it's $325/ticket. Is that about right?

Meathead
06-04-2015, 10:02 AM
gonna roll the getting drenched in beer/puke at any moment dice eh

Mr. Miyagi
06-04-2015, 10:12 AM
gonna roll the getting drenched in beer/puke at any moment dice eh
Are you serious? It's that bad?

gonzo1105
06-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Are you serious? It's that bad?

Yes, its that bad. There are way more fights breaking out in the rockpile than anywhere else in the stadium. Its not just Bills on another team fighting. If people get pissed, they'll fight with each other. It is especially bad when big mouth teams like the Jets or Pats come into town. I wouldn't recommend it if you are bringing your family but if your going with adults you should be able to handle yourself.

The King
06-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Tell me more about that.

I found that it's $325/ticket. Is that about right?

I have never paid that much. I am sure there was a hike this year but I find it hard to believe it was over 100$ hike.
I go to one game a year so I like have my own bathrooms and a nicer vibe. It's worth the few extra bucks IMO.

Mr. Miyagi
06-05-2015, 07:16 AM
I have never paid that much. I am sure there was a hike this year but I find it hard to believe it was over 100$ hike.
I go to one game a year so I like have my own bathrooms and a nicer vibe. It's worth the few extra bucks IMO.
Yeah I hear you. The box is certainly nice. Where I am we're only 30 mins away from Lambeau and I have a supplier who owns a box and invites me to the Packer home games all the time. I've gone a few times and every time I wish I was in the stands with the fans. Personally I just don't get the electricity of the crowd when sitting behind the nice thick glass. Clean bathrooms with no lines are very nice, all you can eat/drink is great, but above all I want to feel the game. Just my choice.

Mr. Miyagi
06-05-2015, 07:36 AM
As I'm wearing my Bills shirt at work today, I just booked my plane tickets and hotel for the Home Opener!!!

CleveSteve
06-05-2015, 07:45 AM

Now that's a perk I haven't seen in any other stadium.

The King
06-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Yeah I hear you. The box is certainly nice. Where I am we're only 30 mins away from Lambeau and I have a supplier who owns a box and invites me to the Packer home games all the time. I've gone a few times and every time I wish I was in the stands with the fans. Personally I just don't get the electricity of the crowd when sitting behind the nice thick glass. Clean bathrooms with no lines are very nice, all you can eat/drink is great, but above all I want to feel the game. Just my choice.

There's isn't any glass unless you watch the game from inside.

Meathead
06-05-2015, 09:35 AM
i used to go to games all the time without a ticket and wait until five minutes before gametime when the scalpers used to huddle over by the fieldhouse to see how they did and see what they had left. you can usually get singles and often even doubles well less than face just about anywhere in the stadium except boxes. i used to like the endzones but i stopped sitting there bc i was getting beer spilled on me more often than not - literally. and yes, there really were way more puke accidents than you ever would want to see. and yeah, lots of fights. i heard they cracked down on that stuff but its been a while so i cant really say how it is now. if its still like it used to be, i would never sit there again tbh

club level end zones dont have that problem and actually are one of the best seats in the house for everything except the opposite twenty on in (too far). for a long time that was the easiest place to get good seats at or below face, but it seems others have caught on and last few times i tried the club level endzones were very scarce so that might not be an easy good option anymore

better days
06-05-2015, 09:54 AM
i used to go to games all the time without a ticket and wait until five minutes before gametime when the scalpers used to huddle over by the fieldhouse to see how they did and see what they had left. you can usually get singles and often even doubles well less than face just about anywhere in the stadium except boxes. i used to like the endzones but i stopped sitting there bc i was getting beer spilled on me more often than not - literally. and yes, there really were way more puke accidents than you ever would want to see. and yeah, lots of fights. i heard they cracked down on that stuff but its been a while so i cant really say how it is now. if its still like it used to be, i would never sit there again tbh

club level end zones dont have that problem and actually are one of the best seats in the house for everything except the opposite twenty on in (too far). for a long time that was the easiest place to get good seats at or below face, but it seems others have caught on and last few times i tried the club level endzones were very scarce so that might not be an easy good option anymore

With a record number of season tickets being sold, not many good seats will be available except on the secondary market.

On the other hand, there is not a bad seat at the Ralph.

The Rockpile is best left to younger guys full of testosterone & beer.

You know you are old when you are out of place at the hip club or the rockpile.