PDA

View Full Version : Been watching Tyrods 2010 losses

Cali512
06-04-2015, 04:34 AM
Thia guy is elite. He goes through his progressions, has great accuracy, and has all the ability to be a top 10 QB. His accuracy and ball placement is amazing and it seems that every play, he literally is doing all he can. This guy is a steal and has a Nfl greats glow to him when he plays. His ball control is also amazing with how effortless he can move and make plays. I dont knoq how he was missed in the draft, but we got a developed prospect who looks just as good as Russell Wilson did to me in college.

YardRat
06-04-2015, 04:44 AM
That would be nice, although I'm not expecting it. We're way overdue to lucking into our own version of Favre or Warner.

GingerP
06-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Thia guy is elite. He goes through his progressions, has great accuracy, and has all the ability to be a top 10 QB. His accuracy and ball placement is amazing and it seems that every play, he literally is doing all he can. This guy is a steal and has a Nfl greats glow to him when he plays. His ball control is also amazing with how effortless he can move and make plays. I dont knoq how he was missed in the draft, but we got a developed prospect who looks just as good as Russell Wilson did to me in college.

I think you are overstating his accuracy. He was a career 57% passer in college, 59% as a senior. Russell Wilson was a 61% passer in his college career and completed 73% of his throws as a senior. He was a far more proficient college QB.

Ginger Vitis
06-04-2015, 06:50 AM
I think you are overstating his accuracy. He was a career 57% passer in college,

And the experts say if a QB cant complete 60% of his passes in college they wont be at the 60% mark in the NFL.. No surprise Taylors % in the NFL is 54.3%

trapezeus
06-04-2015, 06:57 AM
i saw the youtube highlights also. then i watched ej's college highlights.

to me the pro of tyrod is that he doesn't run first or turn his back to the play. he looks down field constantly, even when he starts his run. Ej is either throwing to 1 guy or he'll turn his back to the line of scrimmage to get loose and then he's focused on running.

the con is that is stats don't really show that he's particularly accurate.

i have low expectations, but would love to have a top 10 QB, even if for just one year. and it would be ideal if it happened this year.

Mr. Miyagi
06-04-2015, 08:12 AM
All this Tyrod love and down on EJ. We'll see.

One of them is going to be a third stringer. I think it's going to be Tyrod.

Mr. Pink
06-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Wilson as a Senior - 3125 yards 72.8% 10.3 YPA 33 TDs 4 INTs

Taylor as a Senior - 2743 yards 59.7% 8.7 YPA 24 TDs 5 INTs

Those are just their senior numbers as if you compare Taylor's Freshman and Sophomore numbers to Wilson where he threw more INTs than TDs it would look even more ridiculous to compare the two.

Meathead
06-04-2015, 09:21 AM
mh the geeks odds of the bills current qbs turning into a long term starter:

35% ej manual
10% tyrod
0% cassel
0% simms

ej starts the season, leaving us with a hope that the light goes on and he becomes what bubba nix thought he would

Bill Cody
06-04-2015, 11:31 AM
I dont knoq how he was missed in the draft

He wasn't missed. He was taken where a shorter QB with below average accuracy gets picked, late. The Ravens have had this guy for 4 years. If they thought he was Russell Wilson II would they have allowed him to walk for short money? Or wouldn't the other 20 teams that are QB starved have been in a bidding war for him? It's good to have a rich fantasy life and anything's possible, but I'd hold off picking out the bust for Canton.

Thurmal
06-04-2015, 12:23 PM
mh the geeks odds of the bills current qbs turning into a long term starter:

35% ej manual
10% tyrod
0% cassel
0% simms

ej starts the season, leaving us with a hope that the light goes on and he becomes what bubba nix thought he would

I'll bet EJ doesn't start a game again unless the guy he backs up, wherever that may be, gets injured.

The Jokeman
06-04-2015, 02:16 PM
All this Tyrod love and down on EJ. We'll see.

One of them is going to be a third stringer. I think it's going to be Tyrod.

Tyrod is just the new flavor of the week. After a few chews (preseason games) we'll see he isn't anything special. I'm not ready to throw out EJ yet or even say that Cassel can't be the answer. As let's not forget Cassel replaced Orton in KC as the starter and did some decent things with them and think the talent we have on offense (see McCoy, Watkins and Harvin) is easily the best we've had in years. I think Clay is also an upgrade as to what we had in Chandler and Robert Woods is no slouch either. So expecting this team to make the playoffs this year isn't far fetched that said it might be tougher with the Jets and Dolphins also improved as well.

The Jokeman
06-04-2015, 02:17 PM
I'll bet EJ doesn't start a game again unless the guy he backs up, wherever that may be, gets injured.

I bet EJ starts more games than Tyrod does.

BillsImpossible
06-04-2015, 07:31 PM
I think you are overstating his accuracy. He was a career 57% passer in college, 59% as a senior. Russell Wilson was a 61% passer in his college career and completed 73% of his throws as a senior. He was a far more proficient college QB.

Russell Wilson played in the ACC for 3 years.

In his first 3 years at North Carolina State, Wilson's completion percentages were 54.5, 59.3, and 58.4.

Wilson played his senior season with Wisconsin in the Big Ten. He finished the year with a 72.8 percent completion percentage.

That is an astonishing increase in completion percentage after 1 year. What happened?

Talent, and the system he was playing in had a lot to do with it.

Tyrod Taylor played 4 years at Virginia Tech in the ACC.

After 4 years in the ACC, Tyrod Taylor's completion percentage was 57.2%

After 3 year in the ACC, Russell Wilson's completion percentage was 57.4%.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/russell-wilson-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/tyrod-taylor-1.html

BillsImpossible
06-04-2015, 07:40 PM
And the experts say if a QB cant complete 60% of his passes in college they wont be at the 60% mark in the NFL.. No surprise Taylors % in the NFL is 54.3%

Sorry Ginger Vitis, but that number is based on 1 game that didn't matter.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

The sample size is not a fair comparison.

YardRat
06-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Gotta admit, the ACC thingie is a pretty interesting stat.

Albany,n.y.
06-04-2015, 08:41 PM
I bet EJ starts more games than Tyrod does.

I don't know if he can, the CFL season starts earlier & he won't be arriving until September.

HHURRICANE
06-04-2015, 09:10 PM
He has looked great in OTAs.....NOT!!!

If I move a pile of dog poop to the other side of my yard it's still dog poop.

X-Era
06-05-2015, 04:32 AM
Gotta admit, the ACC thingie is a pretty interesting stat.Supporting cast, level of play, and level of competition all play a part in a QB's stats... Stats are not the best way to measure a QB

SeatownBillsFan21
06-05-2015, 09:30 AM
That would be nice, although I'm not expecting it. We're way overdue to lucking into our own version of Favre or Warner.

This right here.

WagonCircler
06-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Thia guy is elite.

I don't know if Tyrod is going to be any good or not.

What I do know is that the word "elite" has been watered down to the point of absurdity.

Mace
06-05-2015, 06:32 PM
I'm not even going to pretend to try and guess what will happen through camp and preseason, but I wish it would hurry up and start so I could work on trying to.

gr8slayer
06-05-2015, 06:50 PM

Did you just call Tyrod Taylor "elite"?

Cali512
06-09-2015, 07:52 PM
The reason I say this is he reminds me of what I saw on tape with wilson. I have gone on youtube and watched all of his 2010 games fully. His misses are not due to innacuracy, but WRs routes and throwing in tight windows. Defenders constantly have to make brilliant plays on the ball and his receivers do not come back to the ball well,or locate it. Which is why his WRs have not made a name in the Nfl, ever. His passes are usually in the right place at the right time and he can make every throw. From watching his first year to now, his progress is incredible. His final year he went through his progressions, made accurate passes, and was a leader. I cant wait to see how he looks after 4 more years! Give him time.

Topas
06-10-2015, 02:07 AM
Gosh, Cali, and I thought I am the biggest Tyrod homer. But you top me for sure. So his incompletions were the receivers fault and his completions were him being accurate ... well ...