X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Been watching Tyrods 2010 losses

Thia guy is elite. He goes through his progressions, has great accuracy, and has all the ability to be a top 10 QB. His accuracy and ball placement is amazing and it seems that every play, he literally is doing all he can. This guy is a steal and has a Nfl greats glow to him when he plays. His ball control is also amazing with how effortless he can move and make plays. I dont knoq how he was missed in the draft, but we got a developed prospect who looks just as good as Russell Wilson did to me in college.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Been watching Tyrods 2010 losses

That would be nice, although I'm not expecting it. We're way overdue to lucking into our own version of Favre or Warner.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• GingerP
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
      Thia guy is elite. He goes through his progressions, has great accuracy, and has all the ability to be a top 10 QB. His accuracy and ball placement is amazing and it seems that every play, he literally is doing all he can. This guy is a steal and has a Nfl greats glow to him when he plays. His ball control is also amazing with how effortless he can move and make plays. I dont knoq how he was missed in the draft, but we got a developed prospect who looks just as good as Russell Wilson did to me in college.
      I think you are overstating his accuracy. He was a career 57% passer in college, 59% as a senior. Russell Wilson was a 61% passer in his college career and completed 73% of his throws as a senior. He was a far more proficient college QB.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
        I think you are overstating his accuracy. He was a career 57% passer in college,
        And the experts say if a QB cant complete 60% of his passes in college they wont be at the 60% mark in the NFL.. No surprise Taylors % in the NFL is 54.3%

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i saw the youtube highlights also. then i watched ej's college highlights.

to me the pro of tyrod is that he doesn't run first or turn his back to the play. he looks down field constantly, even when he starts his run. Ej is either throwing to 1 guy or he'll turn his back to the line of scrimmage to get loose and then he's focused on running.

the con is that is stats don't really show that he's particularly accurate.

i have low expectations, but would love to have a top 10 QB, even if for just one year. and it would be ideal if it happened this year.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

All this Tyrod love and down on EJ. We'll see.

One of them is going to be a third stringer. I think it's going to be Tyrod.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Wilson as a Senior - 3125 yards 72.8% 10.3 YPA 33 TDs 4 INTs

Taylor as a Senior - 2743 yards 59.7% 8.7 YPA 24 TDs 5 INTs

Those are just their senior numbers as if you compare Taylor's Freshman and Sophomore numbers to Wilson where he threw more INTs than TDs it would look even more ridiculous to compare the two.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

mh the geeks odds of the bills current qbs turning into a long term starter:

35% ej manual
                10% tyrod
                0% cassel
                0% simms

ej starts the season, leaving us with a hope that the light goes on and he becomes what bubba nix thought he would
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                  I dont knoq how he was missed in the draft
                  He wasn't missed. He was taken where a shorter QB with below average accuracy gets picked, late. The Ravens have had this guy for 4 years. If they thought he was Russell Wilson II would they have allowed him to walk for short money? Or wouldn't the other 20 teams that are QB starved have been in a bidding war for him? It's good to have a rich fantasy life and anything's possible, but I'd hold off picking out the bust for Canton.

Comment

• Thurmal
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                    mh the geeks odds of the bills current qbs turning into a long term starter:

35% ej manual
                    10% tyrod
                    0% cassel
                    0% simms

ej starts the season, leaving us with a hope that the light goes on and he becomes what bubba nix thought he would
                    I'll bet EJ doesn't start a game again unless the guy he backs up, wherever that may be, gets injured.
                    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                      All this Tyrod love and down on EJ. We'll see.

One of them is going to be a third stringer. I think it's going to be Tyrod.
                      Tyrod is just the new flavor of the week. After a few chews (preseason games) we'll see he isn't anything special. I'm not ready to throw out EJ yet or even say that Cassel can't be the answer. As let's not forget Cassel replaced Orton in KC as the starter and did some decent things with them and think the talent we have on offense (see McCoy, Watkins and Harvin) is easily the best we've had in years. I think Clay is also an upgrade as to what we had in Chandler and Robert Woods is no slouch either. So expecting this team to make the playoffs this year isn't far fetched that said it might be tougher with the Jets and Dolphins also improved as well.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                        I'll bet EJ doesn't start a game again unless the guy he backs up, wherever that may be, gets injured.
                        I bet EJ starts more games than Tyrod does.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                          I think you are overstating his accuracy. He was a career 57% passer in college, 59% as a senior. Russell Wilson was a 61% passer in his college career and completed 73% of his throws as a senior. He was a far more proficient college QB.
                          Russell Wilson played in the ACC for 3 years.

In his first 3 years at North Carolina State, Wilson's completion percentages were 54.5, 59.3, and 58.4.

Wilson played his senior season with Wisconsin in the Big Ten. He finished the year with a 72.8 percent completion percentage.

That is an astonishing increase in completion percentage after 1 year. What happened?

Talent, and the system he was playing in had a lot to do with it.

Tyrod Taylor played 4 years at Virginia Tech in the ACC.

After 4 years in the ACC, Tyrod Taylor's completion percentage was 57.2%

After 3 year in the ACC, Russell Wilson's completion percentage was 57.4%.

Check out Russell Wilson's College Stats, School, Draft, Gamelog, Splits and More College Stats at Sports-Reference.com

Check out Tyrod Taylor's College Stats, School, Draft, Gamelog, Splits and More College Stats at Sports-Reference.com

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                            And the experts say if a QB cant complete 60% of his passes in college they wont be at the 60% mark in the NFL.. No surprise Taylors % in the NFL is 54.3%
                            Sorry Ginger Vitis, but that number is based on 1 game that didn't matter.

Checkout the latest stats for Tyrod Taylor. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

The sample size is not a fair comparison.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Gotta admit, the ACC thingie is a pretty interesting stat.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X