PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci's Mailbag Is Full of Bad Quarterbacking News This Week

BillsImpossible
06-06-2015, 04:13 PM
All of our quarterbacks suck.

Vic's been around the block more than a few hundred times, so I trust what he says.

Oy vey.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/06/05/vic-caruccis-mailbag-qb-play-will-determine-fate-of-offense/

From what I’ve seen so far in OTA practices, the Bills don’t have a true difference-maker at quarterback and aren’t likely to have one emerge between now and the start of the season. EJ Manuel, Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor – the three vying for the starting job – have had, at best, decent stretches. But there have been too many times when their throws have been off target or they have simply been unable to find open receivers.

Novacane
06-06-2015, 04:30 PM
All of our quarterbacks suck.

Vic's been around the block more than a few hundred times, so I trust what he says.

Oy vey.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/06/05/vic-caruccis-mailbag-qb-play-will-determine-fate-of-offense/

From what I’ve seen so far in OTA practices, the Bills don’t have a true difference-maker at quarterback and aren’t likely to have one emerge between now and the start of the season. EJ Manuel, Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor – the three vying for the starting job – have had, at best, decent stretches. But there have been too many times when their throws have been off target or they have simply been unable to find open receivers.

Wow! What a scoop Vic!

BillsImpossible
06-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Wow! What a scoop Vic!

It's not surprising but it is surprising too. We were all hoping to hear that at least one of the three would stand out above the rest.

Nobody did. So what do you do?

YardRat
06-06-2015, 04:42 PM
It's not surprising but it is surprising too. We were all hoping to hear that at least one of the three would stand out above the rest.

Nobody did. So what do you do?

Draft a project in the third or fifth round, and hope like hell the light comes on immediately.

Oops...too late.

Luisito23
06-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Earth-breaking news.

Novacane
06-06-2015, 04:47 PM
BI. You still have high hopes for TT?

Ginger Vitis
06-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Admit it BI you're devastated Tyrod Taylor has been meh in OTAs

SpikedLemonade
06-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Ohhhhhh! I can't wait for Better Days to come on this thread and *** Vic up the ass. How dare anyone say something negative about our beloved Bills.

BertSquirtgum
06-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Don't care

swiper
06-06-2015, 06:59 PM
And over in New England, Jimmy Garoppolo threw 5 INTs in OTAs.

LINK (http://www.wgr550.com/Around-the-AFC-East-Updates-on-Pats-Jets-Fins/21601100)

Meathead
06-06-2015, 07:09 PM
and once again the magic preseason amnesia gas infects football fans minds everywhere

they should have like those rear view mirror messages printed over every broadcast 'warning: object in preseason mirror are never as significant as they appear'

Mace
06-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Vic is falling back into his old generalities. He managed to write 14 paragraphs about QB's without really talking about ours past the first one if you notice, and even then not much.

coastal
06-06-2015, 08:58 PM
8-8

Mace
06-06-2015, 10:54 PM
8-8

No way. They'll hit upside at 10-6 or flail to 6-10. Carucci will return to analyzing either.

Thinking about it, I am remembering he always gets general after an overreach. I think his overreach this time was his thoughts on the OL and on Glenn being a backup. Like he wakes up, smacks himself in the forehead, and starts writing tons without saying anything a while.

feldspar
06-07-2015, 01:24 AM
Doesn't mean much...who knew?

The idea has been all along that hopefully the Bills won't NEED a difference-maker at QB. Just somebody that plays smart...play defense, run the ball, control the clock, and make situational throws...blah, blah, blah.

This should all go without saying.

- - - Updated - - -

LINK (http://www.wgr550.com/Around-the-AFC-East-Updates-on-Pats-Jets-Fins/21601100)

And against perhaps the worst secondary in the league...

sudzy
06-07-2015, 05:00 AM

I still don't believe Brady misses any games. NE excepting their punishment and Roger refuses to bring in a 3rd party. Kraft and Goodell have something cooking.

swiper
06-07-2015, 05:23 AM
NE will accept (not except) their punishment. And Goodell is taking on the case to save his own integrity. So Brady will get, at least, some punishment. He won't play against Buffalo in that first game.

And the great news is that Garoppolo looks horrible apparently.

Matt Cassel would be highly motivated to go in and win that game.

YardRat
06-07-2015, 05:34 AM
Doesn't mean much...who knew?

It kind of does, if none of these guys can hit targets consistently in shorts and tee shirts, it's kind of unrealistic to believe that's going to change with pads on against real opponents. Growing up, every neighborhood had that one kid that just couldn't handle even playing 'catch' with a football. He'd throw it in the dirt at your feet, or 5 feet over your head, or make you dart from a standing position left or right to get the ball. Usually the last one chosen for 'pick-up'. Apparently three of them grew up to become possible QB's of the Buffalo Bills.

Night Train
06-07-2015, 05:43 AM
Can't wait until camp/pre-season. I wish to see things with my own eyes when the bullets are actually flying. Sorry Vic. Too early and it's a new staff with a new O. Takes time to click.

RJ and Bledsoe looked like HOF's in workouts. I hated both of them.

HHURRICANE
06-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Can't wait until camp/pre-season. I wish to see things with my own eyes when the bullets are actually flying. Sorry Vic. Too early and it's a new staff with a new O. Takes time to click.

RJ and Bledsoe looked like HOF's in workouts. I hated both of them.

I'm pretty sure our QBs looked awful in camp last year. I think Carucci can watch QB play as well as us and determine if it looks good, bad, or ok.

swiper
06-07-2015, 07:43 AM
I'm pretty sure our QBs looked awful in camp last year. I think Carucci can watch QB play as well as us and determine if it looks good, bad, or ok.

Tuel looked quite good, IIRC.

BillsImpossible
06-07-2015, 12:54 PM
BI. You still have high hopes for TT?

Yes, I do, but must admit that Carucci's article was quite deflating.

The only hope I have right now is that Carucci is blowing smoke on purpose so as to not let anyone know who's going to be the starter.

If one of the three QB's did stand out in OTAs, would the coaching staff want a trusted reporter to say so?

Probably not. That might seem like a reach, but it is possible.

BillsImpossible
06-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Admit it BI you're devastated Tyrod Taylor has been meh in OTAs

At first yes, but after chewing on this all night and day I've come to the conclusion that the Bills already know who their starter is going to be but we're not going to find out who that is until September 13th.

I trust Vic Carucci - to not spill the beans and proclaim any quarterback as being the clear standout for the sake of not giving the Colts a heads up.

Loose lips sink ships. All of the quarterbacks suck, just keep guessing who's going to start.

ParanoidAndroid
06-07-2015, 04:47 PM
None of this matters. We won't really know who the QB is until mid-way through the pre-season.