X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Bills QB play is very concerning.

I'll have to admit that even I had some optimism that Cassel would come in and at least play slightly better than Orton. So far not only is EJ being EJ but Cassel isn't looking like much either. And for all you Tyrod fans he spent his time with Simms where he belongs.

As the coaches eluded, they will have their starter in mind when they come out of OTAs. Sadly this seems to be the summary from what I've read:

Cassel: consistent, vet command of offense, missing throws.

EJ: slow to get the ball out, missing throws.

Tyrod: relegated to third string. Enough said.

Marrone freaked out last year for good reason when EJ sucked in pre-season. For all you Orton haters he played well enough to win games. I'm nervous that what we have now isn't even good enough to win games....thoughts?
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Bills QB play is very concerning.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    I'll have to admit that even I had some optimism that Cassel would come in and at least play slightly better than Orton. So far not only is EJ being EJ but Cassel isn't looking like much either. And for all you Tyrod fans he spent his time with Simms where he belongs.

As the coaches eluded, they will have their starter in mind when they come out of OTAs. Sadly this seems to be the summary from what I've read:

Cassel: consistent, vet command of offense, missing throws.

EJ: slow to get the ball out, missing throws.

Tyrod: relegated to third string. Enough said.

Marrone freaked out last year for good reason when EJ sucked in pre-season. For all you Orton haters he played well enough to win games. I'm nervous that what we have now isn't even good enough to win games....thoughts?
    LMAO. Orton did not play well enough to beat the Raiders for Gods sake.

It is EARLY in OTA's give it a rest.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post
      LMAO. Orton did not play well enough to beat the Raiders for Gods sake.

It is EARLY in OTA's give it a rest.
      QBs have bad games. I watched Kelly get benched in his Bills career. I guess Kelly sucks.

Orton played well enough to be the starter the entire year. He had a winning record.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

QBs have bad games. I watched Kelly get benched in his Bills career. I guess Kelly sucks.

Orton played well enough to be the starter the entire year. He had a winning record.
        OK link a game after Kelly's first year where he lost to a team that only beat 2 other teams the ENTIRE year.

And if that IDIOT Marrone were not the HC last year, Orton would not have started the entire year.

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

It's June man. Get real.

(I posted elsewhere) that Jimmy Garoppolo (Brady's replacement) threw 5 INTs at OTAs the other day.

There are new coaches. New players blocking, to hand off to, to get routes down with. New playbook. They're allowed to be this way in June. Especially given all the changes.

Worry if it's the last week in August.
          Last edited by swiper; 06-07-2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post
            OK link a game after Kelly's first year where he lost to a team that only beat 2 other teams the ENTIRE year.

And if that IDIOT Marrone were not the HC last year, Orton would not have started the entire year.
            I know you don't like Marrone (which is fine), but in his defense - it was as if Orton took the money and ran.

I had some hopes for Orton based on passed performances, but he acted like he could care less in Buffalo a lot of the time. So that was a failed move all the way around.

Was it the Denver game that he dropped back and just kind of laid down for the defender when he should have given more effort to get out of it? That's when I knew he was just stealing money from the Bills.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              I know you don't like Marrone (which is fine), but in his defense - it was as if Orton took the money and ran.

I had some hopes for Orton based on passed performances, but he acted like he could care less in Buffalo a lot of the time. So that was a failed move all the way around.

Was it the Denver game that he dropped back and just kind of laid down for the defender when he should have given more effort to get out of it? That's when I knew he was just stealing money from the Bills.
              I agree with you about Orton.

But after that game, Marrone should have benched him.

I would have rather have watched EJ or even Tuel than Orton after that.

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

past/ not passed - fixing my own typo.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  past/ not passed - fixing my own typo.
                  Oh, I thought it was a Canadian thing like Centre.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Name one time Kelly got benched. He never got benched. You must be thinking that coming out of a game with an injury = benching. Or maybe you think those end of season tank games that Kelly sat out were benchings. Or if the team was way ahead or hopelessly behind that Kelly leaving was a benching-they weren't all teams pull the starter in blowouts to protect him from injury. I have no idea where you came up with this one, please elaborate.
                    Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 06-07-2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                      Name one time Kelly got benched. He never got benched. You must be thinking that coming out of a game with an injury = benching. Or maybe you think those end of season tank games that Kelly sat out were benchings. Or if the team was way ahead or hopelessly behind that Kelly leaving was a benching-they weren't all teams pull the starter in blowouts to protect him from injury. I have no idea where you came up with this one, please elaborate.
                      I did not really get to see Kelly his first year with the Bills so I thought he might be talking about that year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Winter hasn't even set in yet, and already Jim Kelly has to wonder what he's doing in Buffalo.

Maybe you weren't old enough to remember all the games that I do.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Now be a man and admit you were wrong.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Now be a man and admit you were wrong.

He wasn't wrong. Reich came in the last drive of a lost game. That's not benching Kelly.

Or if the team was way ahead or hopelessly behind that Kelly leaving was a benching-they weren't all teams pull the starter in blowouts to protect him from injury. I have no idea where you came up with this one, please elaborate.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                              He wasn't wrong. Reich came in the last drive of a lost game. That's not benching Kelly.
                              I should have expected this. That's benched. You guys can justify any way you want. Wasn't only game either.

Comment

Working...
                              X