• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Patriots release Brandon Spikes

Police in Massachusetts found an abandoned 2011 Maybach registered to linebacker Brandon Spikes on I-495 early Sunday morning, which has reportedly led them to reach out to Spikes to see why his car was left on the highway.

Wasting no time.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Patriots release Brandon Spikes

Brandon just could not accept he was a 2 down player and it impacted his outlook on life.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
      • Apr 2005

Patriots release Spikes after abandoned car incident

too bad for him
      Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
        • Apr 2005

Re: Patriots release Spikes after abandoned car incident

Sorry for the repost ! my bad.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
          Brandon just could not accept he was a 2 down player and it impacted his outlook on life.
          probably abandoned the car because he'd been drinking. I just think he's stupid.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
            probably abandoned the car because he'd been drinking. I just think he's stupid.
            Of course.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Re: Patriots release Spikes after abandoned car incident

one of the funnier BZ threads with regards to people's comments. i approve!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Which carries worse penalties in Mass? DUI or leaving the scene of an accident?

If he was driving drunk, now they have no way to prove it. Driving drunk is stupid in the first place, but once the accident happened, bailing may have been the smarter move.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

If he was driving drunk, now they have no way to prove it. Driving drunk is stupid in the first place, but once the accident happened, bailing may have been the smarter move.
                  Not so sure about that. If he had stayed and manned up to what happened NE might not have cut him. Maybe they would anyway but bailing left them no choice. It's like "who you calling Brandon, 911 to get those people some help?" "Hell no I'm calling for a ride, I'm out"

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                    Of course.
                    It shouldn't but it kind of boggles the mind every time this kind of thing happens. How hard is it if you're a well paid athlete when you're going out to get your drink on to either have a designated driver, take a limo or call an f'n cab? Especially for Spikes. They no doubt told him when he begged to come back that he was on a short leash. Another dumbass Gator.

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Could be worse that just leaving the scene of an accident. I don't know, but maybe they will be able to slap him with a hit-and-run charge, which might be a felony in Massachusetts when people were injured in the accident. Remember three people went to the hospital with minor injuries, whatever exactly that means...unless there really WAS a deer

We're talking about not only leaving the car at about 3:30 AM, but leaving a car that cost hundreds-of-thousands of dollars in the median of a highway. Now, you gotta figure that he was pRobably AT LEAST legally drunk, but I wouldn't rule out other possibilities such as having illegal drugs in the car, if not only something deemed illegal by the NFL. He must have been high when he decided to buy a car THAT expensive. Good luck collecting on the insurance if he's convicted of any wrongdoing here.

The guy is having a pretty rough week, at any rate. Too bad, because I liked him when he was here. Probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer, though.
                      Last edited by feldspar; 06-08-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                        It shouldn't but it kind of boggles the mind every time this kind of thing happens. How hard is it if you're a well paid athlete when you're going out to get your drink on to either have a designated driver, take a limo or call an f'n cab? Especially for Spikes. They no doubt told him when he begged to come back that he was on a short leash. Another dumbass Gator.
                        The NFL or PA has a 24 hr 365 ride service that is free for all players.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

This happened at 3:30 AM? He must of been up early to get breakfast for his family & ran into a problem.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Bummer...I wanted him back in a Bills uni badly.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              This happened at 3:30 AM? He must of been up early to get breakfast for his family & ran into a problem.
                              I heard he left the car because he was on his way to cook breakfast for a bunch of orphans and he didn't want them to eat late.

Comment

Working...
                              X