PDA

View Full Version : Patriots release Brandon Spikes

Woodman
06-08-2015, 09:06 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/08/patriots-release-brandon-spikes/

Wasting no time.

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Brandon just could not accept he was a 2 down player and it impacted his outlook on life.

sdbillsfan2
06-08-2015, 09:39 AM
too bad for him
http://www.wgr550.com/Patriots-release-Spikes-after-abandoned-car-incide/21609013

sdbillsfan2
06-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Sorry for the repost ! my bad.

Bill Cody
06-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Brandon just could not accept he was a 2 down player and it impacted his outlook on life.

probably abandoned the car because he'd been drinking. I just think he's stupid.

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2015, 09:58 AM
probably abandoned the car because he'd been drinking. I just think he's stupid.

Of course.

trapezeus
06-08-2015, 10:24 AM
one of the funnier BZ threads with regards to people's comments. i approve!

OpIv37
06-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Which carries worse penalties in Mass? DUI or leaving the scene of an accident?

If he was driving drunk, now they have no way to prove it. Driving drunk is stupid in the first place, but once the accident happened, bailing may have been the smarter move.

Bill Cody
06-08-2015, 10:56 AM

If he was driving drunk, now they have no way to prove it. Driving drunk is stupid in the first place, but once the accident happened, bailing may have been the smarter move.

Not so sure about that. If he had stayed and manned up to what happened NE might not have cut him. Maybe they would anyway but bailing left them no choice. It's like "who you calling Brandon, 911 to get those people some help?" "Hell no I'm calling for a ride, I'm out"

Bill Cody
06-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Of course.

It shouldn't but it kind of boggles the mind every time this kind of thing happens. How hard is it if you're a well paid athlete when you're going out to get your drink on to either have a designated driver, take a limo or call an f'n cab? Especially for Spikes. They no doubt told him when he begged to come back that he was on a short leash. Another dumbass Gator.

feldspar
06-08-2015, 11:32 AM

Could be worse that just leaving the scene of an accident. I don't know, but maybe they will be able to slap him with a hit-and-run charge, which might be a felony in Massachusetts when people were injured in the accident. Remember three people went to the hospital with minor injuries, whatever exactly that means...unless there really WAS a deer:whistle:

We're talking about not only leaving the car at about 3:30 AM, but leaving a car that cost hundreds-of-thousands of dollars in the median of a highway. Now, you gotta figure that he was pRobably AT LEAST legally drunk, but I wouldn't rule out other possibilities such as having illegal drugs in the car, if not only something deemed illegal by the NFL. He must have been high when he decided to buy a car THAT expensive. Good luck collecting on the insurance if he's convicted of any wrongdoing here.

The guy is having a pretty rough week, at any rate. Too bad, because I liked him when he was here. Probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer, though.

jimmifli
06-08-2015, 11:39 AM
It shouldn't but it kind of boggles the mind every time this kind of thing happens. How hard is it if you're a well paid athlete when you're going out to get your drink on to either have a designated driver, take a limo or call an f'n cab? Especially for Spikes. They no doubt told him when he begged to come back that he was on a short leash. Another dumbass Gator.
The NFL or PA has a 24 hr 365 ride service that is free for all players.

Skooby
06-08-2015, 12:50 PM
This happened at 3:30 AM? He must of been up early to get breakfast for his family & ran into a problem.

YardRat
06-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Bummer...I wanted him back in a Bills uni badly.

OLDSRIP
06-08-2015, 01:09 PM
This happened at 3:30 AM? He must of been up early to get breakfast for his family & ran into a problem.

I heard he left the car because he was on his way to cook breakfast for a bunch of orphans and he didn't want them to eat late.

BertSquirtgum
06-08-2015, 01:13 PM
BRING HIM BACK

Mr. Pink
06-08-2015, 01:36 PM
He's probably done in the NFL now.

better days
06-08-2015, 01:43 PM
He's probably done in the NFL now.

Nonsense.

Ray Lewis was involved in a killing & he played for years in the NFL after that.

This was a minor accident. The biggest thing is he left the scene of the accident, but he can just say he was dazed & confused.

kishoph
06-08-2015, 02:01 PM
I heard he left the car because he was on his way to cook breakfast for a bunch of orphans and he didn't want them to eat late.

I think he left the car so he could find the deer and make sure it wasn't injured. Still looking. :rack:

OpIv37
06-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Nonsense.

Ray Lewis was involved in a killing & he played for years in the NFL after that.

This was a minor accident. The biggest thing is he left the scene of the accident, but he can just say he was dazed & confused.
But at the time, Lewis was one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

It took Spikes nearly 3 months to find a taker so clearly interest wasn't high. Now, he could be facing a suspension. Star players can skate from far worse than this. average/role players cannot.

Mr. Pink
06-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Nonsense.

Ray Lewis was the top LB in the NFL, period.

Spikes is a good run defending LB in a league where running the ball doesn't matter and he didn't have a whole hell of a lot of interest prior to this recent incident.

Saying he's done might be going too far, because at some point a team will get hit by injuries in the preseason and pick him up.

Bill Cody
06-08-2015, 03:08 PM
The NFL or PA has a 24 hr 365 ride service that is free for all players.

that's who he called AFTER the accident lol

Meathead
06-08-2015, 03:20 PM
from a personal perspective, its major douchey to leave the scene of any accident for any reason. ppl absolutely can get fatal injures from just about any kind of wreck and time is very often of the essence in saving them. if those were your family you would want someone to stop and make sure theyre ok or call an ambulance one hundred pcent of the time

sadly, from a purely football perspective he did the smart thing. he was very probably loaded and if he was this instance could end his career. so he did the personally irresponsible and gravely immoral, but professionally the right thing to do. how about that

Beebe
06-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Now we can get him at a low low very low price.

DynaPaul
06-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Hilarious. He went crawling on his knees back to the Patriots, kissed Belichick's ass to make his plantation comments better, and then got cut so quick. Guess he's looking for a new slave master. Honestly abandoning his car on the highway wasn't that big of an offense as long as the people he hit didn't get hurt. (By NFL standards anyway.)

Mace
06-08-2015, 05:42 PM

Yes yes yes, yes, yes and yes, some yes, side order of yes, a cup of yes and some yes to go. Yes.

coastal
06-09-2015, 06:20 AM
The NFL is a cesspool

HHURRICANE
06-09-2015, 06:27 AM
But at the time, Lewis was one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

It took Spikes nearly 3 months to find a taker so clearly interest wasn't high. Now, he could be facing a suspension. Star players can skate from far worse than this. average/role players cannot.

The Pegulas have already talked to him, looked into his eyes, and have seen a changed man. Should be back for camp.

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Hilarious. He went crawling on his knees back to the Patriots, kissed Belichick's ass to make his plantation comments better, and then got cut so quick. Guess he's looking for a new slave master. Honestly abandoning his car on the highway wasn't that big of an offense as long as the people he hit didn't get hurt. (By NFL standards anyway.)

for that kind of money, sign me up for 'slavery.' i'll go back to the cotton fields.

swiper
06-09-2015, 11:34 AM
First in with the "let's hurry up and sign him."

ROFL

gr8slayer
06-09-2015, 01:00 PM
What a numb nuts.

BertSquirtgum
06-09-2015, 04:21 PM
BRING HIM BACK

Topas
06-10-2015, 04:04 AM
The Pegulas have already talked to him, looked into his eyes, and have seen a changed man. Should be back for camp.

haha, agree. Now that he did this he qualified of being one of the new Bills breed. He will fit right in with Incognito. Maybe he can mentor our 5th round RB and help him make the right choices in life ...
/end sarcasm

swiper
06-10-2015, 04:17 AM
BRING HIM BACK

You want Hernandez too?

robles
06-10-2015, 10:28 AM
thanks for link, has been bookmark
http://wigunpics.science/13/g.png

Bill Cody
06-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Poor Spikes- 5 minutes a slave

Victor7
06-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Bring him back. He just go cheaper. This guy is a stud run stopper.

Have you guys seen our LB depth behind Brown and Bradham ?? Its freaking scary man. We are one injury to those 2 away from playing some seriously questionable fellas.