Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Colts time is now

But you gotta beat the Bills first.

• Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Colts time is now

I talked with a guy this weekend at a party that works in the scouting department for the Colts. He was a younger guy, probably 28 or so, who analyzes game film for the Colts' future opponents. He said it's been his job to scout their first 2 games of the season, of which one is the Bills. The guy didn't even seem remotely worried about us. He basically said EJ is one of the worst QBs in the league right now and then he just laughed at me when I mentioned Tyrod Taylor. I can't really say that I blame him at this point, but it just seemed like he was overconfident. I hope we wipe that smirk off his face real quick. Maybe he was just annoyed with me because I told him that the road to the Superbowl runs through Buffalo this year.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Well, I hope the entire Colts team is overconfident.

The Ralph will be rockin for that game.

Good luck to Luck being heard by anyone on the Colts team.

I expect a false start or two in the first qtr by the Colts.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
        I talked with a guy this weekend at a party that works in the scouting department for the Colts. He was a younger guy, probably 28 or so, who analyzes game film for the Colts' future opponents. He said it's been his job to scout their first 2 games of the season, of which one is the Bills. The guy didn't even seem remotely worried about us. He basically said EJ is one of the worst QBs in the league right now and then he just laughed at me when I mentioned Tyrod Taylor. I can't really say that I blame him at this point, but it just seemed like he was overconfident. I hope we wipe that smirk off his face real quick. Maybe he was just annoyed with me because I told him that the road to the Superbowl runs through Buffalo this year.
        The Colts haven't been drafting well.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
          The Colts haven't been drafting well.
          He actually said he used to focus on the draft for them, but this year moved to professional scouting for offseason free agency. This guy is definitely not very high up on the ladder for them, but maybe they're trying to shift things around after recognizing their poor drafting ability.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
            • Sep 2003

Is this guy's job to just scout offense? Did he bother to look at our defense? Does he even know Matt Cassell is a Bill? Was this guy even legit?
            10 Commandments of the D
            1. Never stop Rocking.
            2. Legalize all drugs.
            3. Quit your day job.
            4. All Religion should be taxed.
            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
            6. F**k her gently.
            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

He actually said he used to focus on the draft for them, but this year moved to professional scouting for offseason free agency. This guy is definitely not very high up on the ladder for them, but maybe they're trying to shift things around after recognizing their poor drafting ability.
              Still, that's part of the problem too...the Colts have been having to rely too heavily on free agency in part because of their failure to draft well. I think they have the oldest roster in the NFL right now in terms of average age. This reliance on free agency could come back to bite them in a big way in the not-too-distant future, especially when Luck demands his ridiculous contract he's got coming to him. Luck was perhaps the biggest no-brainier 1st overall pick I've ever seen, and the main reason for that team's turnaround.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Colts will be really good this year and will be contenders.

But anybody that kind of laughs off the competition in any NFL game is a fool..not a smart outlook at all, and I don't care how good your team is. Good teams do not do that, and I hope this upstart scout knows this; on the other hand, I hope he doesn't know that and the Bills teach him that lesson.
              Last edited by feldspar; 06-08-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot View Post
                Is this guy's job to just scout offense? Did he bother to look at our defense? Does he even know Matt Cassell is a Bill? Was this guy even legit?
                The guy was not lying, if that's what you're asking. I confirmed it with a few friends of mine because I was surprised the someone who works for the Colts would be in my friends house. He was in town because his brother just had a kid, he grew up there and his father is friends with my buddy's dad.

I don't know exactly what his specialty was, but like I said, he was definitely not high on the food chain. He might have just been playing it off like he's not worried, after all...why would he be telling someone that he just met that he's worried about his team losing to the Bills? It was just weird that he had nothing nice to say about the Bills, it kind of pissed me off.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

He basically said EJ is one of the worst QBs in the league right now .
                  This sounds like the setup for one of those "Everybody knows that" commercials.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Still, that's part of the problem too...the Colts have been having to rely too heavily on free agency in part because of their failure to draft well. I think they have the oldest roster in the NFL right now in terms of average age. This reliance on free agency could come back to bite them in a big way in the not-too-distant future, especially when Luck demands his ridiculous contract he's got coming to him. Luck was perhaps the biggest no-brainier 1st overall pick I've ever seen, and the main reason for that team's turnaround.
                    Trading a 1st for Trent Richardson is one of the worst moves by any team in recent memory. The Colts are definitely not flawless by any stretch of the imagination.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Colts will be really good this year and will be contenders.
                    I don't think anybody in their right mind would disagree with this, but we definitely have a chance to upset them week 1 at the Ralph.

But anybody that kind of laughs off the competition in any NFL game is a fool..not a smart outlook at all, and I don't care how good your team is. Good teams do not do that, and I hope this upstart scout knows this; on the other hand, I hope he doesn't know that and the Bills teach him that lesson.
                    Church.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

I heard John Clayton talk about young QB's in regards to Russell Wilson.

Clayton rightly said after a young QB gets paid his big contract, the team will regress because of cap issues.

It happened to the Ravens with Flacco, it will happen to the Panthers & the Seahawks.

And Luck will make more than the other QB's without question.

You know the Colts will be affected when Luck gets PAID.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

I would have been equally as dismissive of you. Andrew Luck vs. Manuel or Cassell isn't much of a contest. They did just play in the AFC Championship game after all.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                          I would have been equally as dismissive of you. Andrew Luck vs. Manuel or Cassell isn't much of a contest. They did just play in the AFC Championship game after all.
                          Yeah probably, who the hell am I anyway? Just some guy.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Indy D is very average. Frank Gore, who lost his starting job in San Fran, is now their RB. Hmmm...

Luck better have a big game in the opener. Against our D ? On the road ? Not buying it.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                              • Jun 2015

While I do not believe that it is ALL about the QB in this league (as though it was the only thing you need), many people do make that argument, and Luck is strong evidence that it has some validity. IDK how that team gets to the AFC Championship game, but it did. And they'll make the playoffs again this year. But I do think at home against our D it will be a game we can win. Now, give me a star QB and a great OL, and yeah I think you make the playoffs every year even if the rest of the team is comprised of just a random sampling of NFL caliber talent.
                              All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

Working...
                              X