PDA

View Full Version : In goal magazines top 5 draft eligible goalies

JATMtheJATM
06-08-2015, 04:25 PM
http://ingoalmag.com/analysis/top-5-draft-eligible-goaltenders/

Have a read on the top 5. I have a feeling murray will get one of these guys.

Ginger Vitis
06-08-2015, 08:06 PM
with the 31st pick

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Do you really think the Sabres have the time to develop a drafted goalie?

If you are like me and believe the Sabres are 4-5 years from making the play-offs then the answer is YES. If however, you see the Sabres making the play-offs in 2-3 years, there is no way a drafted goalie will be ready.

Goalies need a lot of time to develop.

Ginger Vitis
06-08-2015, 08:26 PM
with the 31st pick

Need a disclaimer... If Travis Konecny somehow slipped to 21 and Oliver Kylingon was on board at 31 Id say **** the goalie and take Kylington at 31... Eichel..Konecny..Kylington Holy **** there is a 10% chance it would play out like that but it would be a epic draft... The goalie they took in the 3rd round last year I doubt will ever be a starting caliber goalie they do need to get a better prospect in the pipeline

JATMtheJATM
06-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Do you really think the Sabres have the time to develop a drafted goalie?

If you are like me and believe the Sabres are 4-5 years from making the play-offs then the answer is YES. If however, you see the Sabres making the play-offs in 2-3 years, there is no way a drafted goalie will be ready.

Goalies need a lot of time to develop.

They can do both. Sign a goalie while letting the youngster develop. It's not like the window is only going to be open 3 years or so.

JATMtheJATM
06-08-2015, 10:41 PM
To add on to that, the sabres could and should adopt the formula tampa bay has. Bishop has developed into a very good starting goalie just as the team is ascending into a powerhouse. But Andrei Vasilevskiy is their future.

SpikedLemonade
06-09-2015, 03:14 PM
To add on to that, the sabres could and should adopt the formula tampa bay has. Bishop has developed into a very good starting goalie just as the team is ascending into a powerhouse. But Andrei Vasilevskiy is their future.

Bishop was pretty developed before TB got him. He had spent some time in the Senators system.

JATMtheJATM
06-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Bishop was pretty developed before TB got him. He had spent some time in the Senators system.

He was capable for sure. He just needed a full time gig

SpikedLemonade
06-09-2015, 04:45 PM
He was capable for sure. He just needed a full time gig

My point is that from Bishop being drafted to Bishop truly being a #1 goalie you can trust took 5 years.

The Sabres need a guy already 3 or 4 years into this development right now.

JATMtheJATM
06-09-2015, 04:54 PM
My point is that from Bishop being drafted to Bishop truly being a #1 goalie you can trust took 5 years.

The Sabres need a guy already 3 or 4 years into this development right now.

Not really. They can have someone who can play now, via trade or free agency, and draft and develop a goalie as well. Sabres drafted Biron and noronen in the first round when they still had Hasek. Plan for the future and get someone now.