Would Tim Murray orchastrate a trade with Ottawa for Lehrner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Would Tim Murray orchastrate a trade with Ottawa for Lehrner?

Darren Dreger was on Ottawa’s TSN 1200 on Monday afternoon.

On if he heard anything new on the Ottawa goaltending trade situation over the weekend:

“No, not really by way of update. I mean, we know that Robin Lehner is the carrot that’s being dangled and the Ottawa Senators believe that they’re going to get the most for him. That’s not being disrespectful of Craig Anderson. That’s just the reality of where Robin Lehner is at in his career.

“Is Buffalo interested? I believe Buffalo is interested. I know Edmonton is interested. And there’ll be a market. But Bryan Murray and the Ottawa Senators can’t make the same mistake here that they made with Ben Bishop when they traded him for a fourth round draft pick. They’ve got to realize an excellent level of return.

“Could it be a draft pick and a young forward who is destined to become a top-6 in the National Hockey League? Well, that sounds like what Ottawa is looking for, or a proven top-6 forward at this stage.

“So the asking price is high, from Bryan Murray’s perspective, but this time of year – certainly on the draft floor – there’s a looseness and an appetite from other teams to pay it if they have the need. And there are teams put there, as we know, that definitely need a goalie

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-on-sabres-oilers-interest-in-lehner/
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 06-09-2015, 06:29 AM.
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: Would Tim Murray orchastrate a trade with Ottawa for Lehrner?

lehners potential is off the charts. thing is, it comes with risk, as he has concussion problems. id love to grab lehner, let him start, and still draft blackwood or samnonov and stack the position.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

No. Trades. Within. The. Division. No exceptions, ever.

Well, I suppose I have to loosen up on that now that the divisions are so big. But there should NEVER be any trades with Boston, Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        No. Trades. Within. The. Division. No exceptions, ever.

Well, I suppose I have to loosen up on that now that the divisions are so big. But there should NEVER be any trades with Boston, Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal.
        If you can get lehner for relatively cheap, I'm for it. Lehner, in my opinion, has the most potential of their 4 goalies, so if you can get him, you get him.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
          If you can get lehner for relatively cheap, I'm for it. Lehner, in my opinion, has the most potential of their 4 goalies, so if you can get him, you get him.
          And risk Ottawa winning 2 Cups in 5 years in large part because of the picks/guys we give them? Not worth it
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

And risk Ottawa winning 2 Cups in 5 years in large part because of the picks/guys we give them? Not worth it
            I don't think that's gonna happen. Lehner would cost maybe a second or something.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I don't think that's gonna happen. Lehner would cost maybe a second or something.
              I just think of the Bills trade for Bledsoe and the worst trade in NHL history: Kessel to Toronto. No one is worth giving out rivals an opportunity to get guys who are going to own us for a decade.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

I just think of the Bills trade for Bledsoe and the worst trade in NHL history: Kessel to Toronto. No one is worth giving out rivals an opportunity to get guys who are going to own us for a decade.
                If this were a mega trade, I'd agree. But...
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Op has a point, that second round pick could be something. I hear McDavid's draft stock has fallen because of his poor combine. He might fall out of the first.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i just don't see the urgency of a trade at this point. the sabres are still aspiring to be ....again for emphasis...aspiring to be an 8th seed team next year. They can do that with crappy goaltending if the young kids score goals.

plus is ottawa really going to carry the 4? they may have to make a choice and dangle one for significantly cheaper.

i'm in no rush to win 2015-16 season. i'm in no rush to hand out picks yet. stadium is sold out and most people understand the rebuild. i also think if the team can do well as a young team, it gives them more reason to buy in long term.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

If you read the rest of that article you would know that there is no way the Sens trade Lehner for only a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

We could tank again...

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                          If you read the rest of that article you would know that there is no way the Sens trade Lehner for only a 2nd round pick.
                          They aren't going to sit on lehner and expect the world in return, especially with such a thick goalie market. A second is likely the return ottawa gets for lehner, maybe with a mid ranged prospect
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

I doubt a 2nd Round pick and Justin Bailey would catapult the Senators into being the next dynasty lol.. I love it when OPIV acts like chicken little

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                              I doubt a 2nd Round pick and Justin Bailey would catapult the Senators into being the next dynasty lol.. I love it when OPIV acts like chicken little
                              I keep coming back to a second and compher
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                              X