PDA

View Full Version : Kaepernick on the trading block?

WagonCircler
06-09-2015, 11:02 PM
I don't want him on the Bills, especially at that salary. But I wonder if the organization feels that way.

From what the 'experts' are writing, it would appear the San Francisco 49ers are aboard a burning and sinking ship, but it might not be too late to make a few moves before it sinks and sends the franchise into the cellar for years.

ESPN's John Clayton points out the club could be heading toward the point of trading their most valuable (or expensive) asset in quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Here's a portion of what Clayton wrote:

"Which brings us to thoughts about the future of Colin Kaepernick, who makes $19 million per year and is 27 years old. Any team with a good defense -- which I expect the 49ers to have -- and a talented quarterback can sustain success on the field, and an 8-8 season is unlikely to force a QB change unless there are viable replacement alternatives. But the 49ers might still be tempted to trade Kaepernick to a quarterback-starved franchise for two or three high draft choices, if they found the right deal. They could then look to find a way to come away with a top quarterback prospect in the draft, while retooling other parts of the roster.

http://sfo.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPNs-John-Clayton-49ers-drop-could-lead-to-Kaepernick-trade-37661192

BertSquirtgum
06-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Gross. No thank you.

Jimkelly12203
06-09-2015, 11:44 PM
I've seen him play ridiculously well. Throwing absolute bullets down the field in Roman's system. Two years ago i thought he was on the verge of being the best QB in the league. So did many of you. Then something went wrong.

I'll take 2013 Kap, but not the one we've seen the past few years.

And besides... I honestly don't think there is any feat of cap wizardry that could possibly absorb that salary given our current situation. We all love T-pegs and his big wallet now, but when the hard decisions come a few years down the line we will all be singing a different tune. And yes, i'm aware that the salary cap will go up (significantly) every year.

We just can't take on that Salary right now. I mean... maybe i'm wrong. I hope someone can tell me I am. But i don't think so.

Even assuming we could get him (or would want him) is it viable that we could take on that salary if, say, we restructured M. Williams? You can pretty much throw away any hope of resigning Dareus even if that was a possibility.

We all know we need a QB. But i'm sad to say that i think we need to catch lightening in the bottle ala Russel Wilson to get there. We're going to need to strike gold in a later round because we have (out of sheer necessity) built a very good roster around the QB position w/o getting a QB.

I think it's draft steal or bust for this particular incarnation of the Bills. If we want a great, proven QB, we're going to have to gut the DL. It's just the reality of the numbers.

BertSquirtgum
06-10-2015, 12:25 AM
I think he started to believe all the great things people were saying about him. Then once he had a couple bad games he lost his confidence. All the same people were saying he sucked and I'm sure that got in his head and didn't help his confidence level. He still hasn't got his confidence back when it comes to throwing the ball, imo.

Skooby
06-10-2015, 01:50 AM
Was he a product of his positive surroundings ?? I can say one thing for certain, he'd make sure our cap number is negative.

YardRat
06-10-2015, 04:13 AM
I've never liked Kap as any kind of long term answer, and he floated into a position on a team that was damn good without him to begin with. He does have a rocket arm, though.

swiper
06-10-2015, 04:16 AM
Roman & Kaepernick had a bad year together in 2014. Why would you think it would magically improve in Buffalo?

YardRat
06-10-2015, 04:31 AM
Roman & Kaepernick had a bad year together in 2014. Why would you think it would magically improve in Buffalo?

Because we have Sexy Rexy as a head coach, that's going to solve everything. Try and keep up.

Shady25
06-10-2015, 05:24 AM
I've seen him play ridiculously well. Throwing absolute bullets down the field in Roman's system. Two years ago i thought he was on the verge of being the best QB in the league. So did many of you. Then something went wrong.

I'll take 2013 Kap, but not the one we've seen the past few years.

And besides... I honestly don't think there is any feat of cap wizardry that could possibly absorb that salary given our current situation. We all love T-pegs and his big wallet now, but when the hard decisions come a few years down the line we will all be singing a different tune. And yes, i'm aware that the salary cap will go up (significantly) every year.

We just can't take on that Salary right now. I mean... maybe i'm wrong. I hope someone can tell me I am. But i don't think so.

Even assuming we could get him (or would want him) is it viable that we could take on that salary if, say, we restructured M. Williams? You can pretty much throw away any hope of resigning Dareus even if that was a possibility.

We all know we need a QB. But i'm sad to say that i think we need to catch lightening in the bottle ala Russel Wilson to get there. We're going to need to strike gold in a later round because we have (out of sheer necessity) built a very good roster around the QB position w/o getting a QB.

I think it's draft steal or bust for this particular incarnation of the Bills. If we want a great, proven QB, we're going to have to gut the DL. It's just the reality of the numbers.

2013 Kap and McCoy would be incredible.

Shady25
06-10-2015, 05:28 AM
oh.. and Kap has never had nearly the talent on offense that he would be playing with here.

McCoy, Harvin, Clay, Watkins and Woods are all much more talented then anybody he has played with.. Vernon Davis was and is legit, and Frank Gore was about 2 years out of his prime by the time that Kap was even drafted, but lets be real. AJ Jenkins never panned out, and hell neither did Crabtree.. I would take the 2015 Bills offense over any of those 49er offenses that he played with. They had a good line, but nobody to really hit homeruns.

Night Train
06-10-2015, 05:41 AM
I know this is all fantasy dreaming and nothing is wrong with that...but with Dareus needing a new mega deal I believe the plan all along was to make do with journeymen QB's in 2015 to get to the 2016 draft where the QB pool shows multiple talented options, unlike this year.

Plus Rookie contracts go 4-5 years before the big payday. That's uber important for QB's. If Colin Kap is already sky high in salary/cap hit and there are questions about his play going forward ( plus some off-field concerns ) then it will never happen. Connecting the dots to his old OC Roman is just that..connecting dots.

Meathead
06-10-2015, 05:41 AM
why would you trade anything when tyrod kaepernick taylor already is on the roster

trapezeus
06-10-2015, 06:16 AM
JimKelly12203 nailed it. kap was good and then had a bad year last year when harbaugh was the headline and the team was in freefall. i doubt he was as bad as he was last year.

for a team that literally has had trent edwards and ryan fitz as the last fun hope he works out guys, kap would be a bigger step in the right direction.

that being said, there is no space on the payroll for him. and the risk of getting him and having the broken kap is too great for what we give up.

i'd rather roll with the risk that we just blew everything and have a top 5 pick next year than to have a bad team with a qb we can't get rid of and no picks to move on from.

OpIv37
06-10-2015, 06:51 AM
We can't afford him under the cap so everything else is irrelevant.

better days
06-10-2015, 07:51 AM
oh.. and Kap has never had nearly the talent on offense that he would be playing with here.

McCoy, Harvin, Clay, Watkins and Woods are all much more talented then anybody he has played with.. Vernon Davis was and is legit, and Frank Gore was about 2 years out of his prime by the time that Kap was even drafted, but lets be real. AJ Jenkins never panned out, and hell neither did Crabtree.. I would take the 2015 Bills offense over any of those 49er offenses that he played with. They had a good line, but nobody to really hit homeruns.

It seems to me the 49ers did pretty well with Alex Smith at QB just before Kaepernick took over.

I think the Bills will be fine with Cassel or whoever wins the QB job with the talent on the Bills offense.

justasportsfan
06-10-2015, 08:17 AM
I wouldn't mind Kaep but not at his salary AND if the 9ers are looking for a ton to trade for him. He's not elite.

better days
06-10-2015, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't mind Kaep but not at his salary AND if the 9ers are looking for a ton to trade for him. He's not elite.

If he were elite, there is no way the 49ers would want to trade him.

I doubt they find any takers for that trade.

Bill Cody
06-10-2015, 09:02 AM
He might not be elite but the guy is a lot better than anything on this roster

Victor7
06-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Didn't he just sign that big deal with them ??

Doesn't really make sense for the niners to be shopping him around after handing out a long term deal.

But lets suppose for argument's sake that he is available.

No thanks. Yet another guy in a long line of running qbs with laser arms but little accuracy and zero pocket presence. Not to mention that he's expensive both in salary and what it would cost to get.

better days
06-10-2015, 10:35 AM
He might not be elite but the guy is a lot better than anything on this roster

Maybe so, but he comes with a HUGE contract & the 49ers will want something for him as well.

He is not that much better than anything on the Bills roster when you take that into consideration.

WagonCircler
06-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Didn't he just sign that big deal with them ??

Doesn't really make sense for the niners to be shopping him around after handing out a long term deal.

But lets suppose for argument's sake that he is available.

No thanks. Yet another guy in a long line of running qbs with laser arms but little accuracy and zero pocket presence. Not to mention that he's expensive both in salary and what it would cost to get.

He signed that gaudy deal with the 49ers, but they were basically a different organization then.

What worries me, and the reason I posted this, is that Rex and Whaley both seem to be in love with the "mobile QB" that the NFL has figured out how to defend against.

I could see them making a sucker's play for him.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Kaepernick's deal is puffed beyond belief. That was the most team-friendly contract I've ever seen. If the 49ers (or anyone) cut him before next April, they owe him $0 and his dead cap is less then $8 million. That's less dead cap then we had to eat unloading Ryan Fitzpatrick and that guy supposedly signed a "cheap" deal. He's effectively on a year-to-year contract, and when you factor in the de-escalators he's right around the middle of the league in terms of compensation. I would take him at his deal any day over, say, Cutler's contract.

That said, we can't afford him. We may have had the space to sign a QB and keep our own FAs, but when we started giving out megadeals to guys like Clay and McCoy it was gone.

Ed
06-10-2015, 11:30 AM
We can't afford him under the cap so everything else is irrelevant.
They could get him under the cap for this year, but they'd have to make a few moves.

I believe if a team traded for Kap right now they would just be on the hook for his base salary in 2015, which is $10.4 mil. They could release Cassel and save $4.8 mil. Chris Williams would save another $2.5 mil. They could also convert some of Mario's $19.4 mil cap hit into a bonus to make up the rest. So if they really wanted Kap they could make it work, but I don't think it would be smart move. It would be a huge gamble and they'd have to make some tough decisions in future years.

Meathead
06-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Kaepernick's deal is puffed beyond belief. That was the most team-friendly contract I've ever seen. If the 49ers (or anyone) cut him before next April, they owe him $0 and his dead cap is less then $8 million.

for some reason this kind of contract doesnt sink in or something with fans. even tho its been explained time and time and time again its not getting thru. most ppl look at the total contract number and stop thinking right there. kap, dalton, tanny, others, theyre all under these 'pay for play' contracts that are WAAAY more team friendly than contracts ever used to be

swiper
06-10-2015, 04:36 PM
JimKelly12203 nailed it. kap was good and then had a bad year last year when harbaugh was the headline and the team was in freefall. i doubt he was as bad as he was last year.

But watch the freefall continue in 2015. He's been figured out by defensive coordinators in the league. There is no mystery about him any more.

Mace
06-10-2015, 06:23 PM
I'm wild about Kaepernick. Workout warrior, rocket arm, mobile as anything, smart, studious, works on improving (with Kurt Warner this past offseason). He belonged with Gailey here. That ship has sailed. I can't see them paying him at this point and don't think it would be wise anyway, Harbaugh extended the 49'ers passing game to make use of a thrower with some ability, that's not what we are doing with Roman, even more so at that price.

That said, I'm not sure SF won't trade him, though it would be stupid. SF has committed to stupid this offseason and they're about done for years because Harbaugh was too much for Baalke and York who clearly think they know better and it looks awfully questionable.

If he lands with a Philly, or a Gailey, or such, his future is roses. If he lands with a Jacksonville or Tennessee, he's done for.

I don't see any problems with Kaepernick though. He's absolutely what you want in the modern game. We are not intending to play that modern game though so he'd be about as valuable here as a McDonald's coupon at Burger King.

BillsImpossible
06-10-2015, 06:32 PM
I think this all boils down to Kaepernick vs. Dareus.

Who would you rather pay $20 million a season?

MD.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2015, 07:26 PM
I think this all boils down to Kaepernick vs. Dareus.

Who would you rather pay $20 million a season?

MD.

We shouldn't be paying either $20 million per season.

Jake
06-10-2015, 07:33 PM
I don't want him on the Bills, especially at that salary. But I wonder if the organization feels that way.I'm sure they do.

BillsImpossible
06-10-2015, 07:39 PM

The money is crazy but it is a fact of life in the NFL in America. It's a good problem to have.

Signing Dareus, Gilmore, and Bradham is more important than signing a quarterback like Kaepernick.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-10-2015, 10:46 PM
The money is crazy but it is a fact of life in the NFL in America. It's a good problem to have.

Signing Dareus, Gilmore, and Bradham is more important than signing a quarterback like Kaepernick.

I'm saying that neither of them will breach the $20 million mark. And FWIW Kaepernick will likely cost less than Dareus so it wouldn't cost us three guys to get him.

But we're not getting him.

better days
06-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Kaepernick's deal is puffed beyond belief. That was the most team-friendly contract I've ever seen. If the 49ers (or anyone) cut him before next April, they owe him $0 and his dead cap is less then $8 million. That's less dead cap then we had to eat unloading Ryan Fitzpatrick and that guy supposedly signed a "cheap" deal. He's effectively on a year-to-year contract, and when you factor in the de-escalators he's right around the middle of the league in terms of compensation. I would take him at his deal any day over, say, Cutler's contract.

That said, we can't afford him. We may have had the space to sign a QB and keep our own FAs, but when we started giving out megadeals to guys like Clay and McCoy it was gone.

If we were talking about Philip Rivers & that same contract, I would make cap room to get him.

Maybe even trade a guy with a big contract to do so.

But no way in hell I want Kaepernick with that contract.

better days
06-11-2015, 11:08 AM

With the contract Suh just signed with the Fins Dareus will make about $20 Mill per year.

And yeah, the bills should pay Dareus what it takes to keep him.

swiper
06-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Who do the 49ers use for QB if Kaepernick leaves?

IlluminatusUIUC
06-11-2015, 11:39 AM
If we were talking about Philip Rivers & that same contract, I would make cap room to get him.

Maybe even trade a guy with a big contract to do so.

But no way in hell I want Kaepernick with that contract.

Philip Rivers wouldn't sign that contract because it is a "prove it" deal and Rivers has already proven it.

Kapernick is on a team-friendly contract precisely because he is still an inconsistent player. These are the trade-offs you have to make. If you want a guaranteed premier QB, you are paying premier prices. Kaepernick (and Dalton and Tannehill) have deals that look big on paper but really are not.

With the contract Suh just signed with the Fins Dareus will make about $20 Mill per year.

And yeah, the bills should pay Dareus what it takes to keep him.

Suh is better than Dareus and he didn't crack $20 million. Watt is a lot better than Dareus and he didn't crack 17. There is a natural escalation of contracts but Dareus won't be the guy who breaks that barrier on the defensive side. I think he'll get somewhere in the range of Watt's deal: 6 years, 100-110 million, 50-60 gtd.

better days
06-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Philip Rivers wouldn't sign that contract because it is a "prove it" deal and Rivers has already proven it.

Kapernick is on a team-friendly contract precisely because he is still an inconsistent player. These are the trade-offs you have to make. If you want a guaranteed premier QB, you are paying premier prices. Kaepernick (and Dalton and Tannehill) have deals that look big on paper but really are not.

Suh is better than Dareus and he didn't crack $20 million. Watt is a lot better than Dareus and he didn't crack 17. There is a natural escalation of contracts but Dareus won't be the guy who breaks that barrier on the defensive side. I think he'll get somewhere in the range of Watt's deal: 6 years, 100-110 million, 50-60 gtd.

Well, I would show Rivers the money if the Bills have the chance to do that.

And I disagree that Suh is better than Dareus.

Suh puts his team at a disadvantage often times with stupid penalties.

And I can't wait to watch Dareus in Rex's defense.

I expect him to have his best year yet.

trapezeus
06-11-2015, 02:07 PM
But watch the freefall continue in 2015. He's been figured out by defensive coordinators in the league. There is no mystery about him any more.

There wasn't much to figure out that first year. he was on a good team with decent receivers. if we had a kap like qb right now, we'd all feel a lot better about making the playoffs.

he's not the greatest, but it was expected that he'd take a step back . i don't think he was such a clamity last year given what the team was going through.

it's also not riskless if you traded for him.

in the end i wouldn't want it because:
1. we had no room for it.
2. they would want a lot for him because he's better than anything we've got and everyone knows it.
3. he isn't the can't miss player that you essentially need when you take on a franchise player. with his warts and all, you'll have to pass on a qb in the draft, and that's one more year you aren't getting your home grown talent.

OLDSRIP
06-11-2015, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't want Kapernick because of that stupid celebration he does.

Jimkelly12203
06-12-2015, 12:42 AM
He does have abnormally big muscles for a long-armed thin dude though. Also his eyes are really close together. It's like his facial implements take up only 50% of the available space on his head.

But he is a good looking dude. Or so my wife says. because i wouldn't know. Because i'm not gay.

Also his beats commercial was hot. Until the NBA finals totally over-used that song last year.

I also recall that he made a ludicrous non-PC statement about something recently. But i wasn't offended so i don't even remember what it was that he said. But when he said it i was like "oh some people are going to be pissed off about that..." Which sort of made me like him more than i should.

Yeah...

Bill Cody
06-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Maybe so, but he comes with a HUGE contract & the 49ers will want something for him as well.

He is not that much better than anything on the Bills roster when you take that into consideration.

The money is a separate issue and it may not be workable. But on the field yes he is that much better. He's a good player.

better days
06-12-2015, 11:28 AM
The money is a separate issue and it may not be workable. But on the field yes he is that much better. He's a good player.

How can money be a separate issue?

You think he is coming to Buffalo for free?

Money is ABSOLUTELY an issue & Kaepernick is making much more than he is worth.

JohnnyGold
06-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Have you guys heard of the Law of Diminishing Returns?

Let me answer that for you--no. You have not. No one in this thread has. Yes, we want Kap. And yes, getting him at the expense of losing a high priced defensive player or two, is FINE.

better days
06-13-2015, 09:22 AM

Let me answer that for you--no. You have not. No one in this thread has. Yes, we want Kap. And yes, getting him at the expense of losing a high priced defensive player or two, is FINE.

Well, I would take the Kap of a couple years ago in a heartbeat.

The Kap of last year was nothing special.

So the question is which Kap would we be getting?

WagonCircler
06-13-2015, 01:46 PM

How about the law of diminishing returns as it applies to Kaepernick?

In other words, the league figured out how to defend against running QBs with poor accuracy. Isolate them. Confuse them. Force them to make passes that they have little chance of complete. Send out the punt return team.

Frenchman
06-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Doubt he will be traded...for now that is!

JohnnyGold
06-14-2015, 08:06 AM
How about the law of diminishing returns as it applies to Kaepernick?

In other words, the league figured out how to defend against running QBs with poor accuracy. Isolate them. Confuse them. Force them to make passes that they have little chance of complete. Send out the punt return team.

Kap, it could be argued, could play better than he has the past 2 seasons, and improve a teams fortunes.

The Bills will not do much better than they have if they improve their defense from top 5 to #1. You need to score points in the NFL in 2015. Not getting Kap because our D will take a step back is a bad argument.

swiper
06-14-2015, 08:39 AM
Not getting Kaep because he's too expensive and clearly regressing is the the argument. And regressed with Roman as his OC.

Meathead
06-15-2015, 04:32 AM
But he is a good looking dude. Or so my wife says.

big fan of jane goodall is she

Joe Fo Sho
06-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Kap, it could be argued, could play better than he has the past 2 seasons, and improve a teams fortunes.

It could also be argued that he could play worse and lessen a teams fortunes. I would even argue that him playing worse would be more likely if we traded for him. He's playing in the same system that he just regressed in and he'll have a worse offensive line and running game. Those things don't usually bode well for young quarterbacks.

The Bills will not do much better than they have if they improve their defense from top 5 to #1. You need to score points in the NFL in 2015. Not getting Kap because our D will take a step back is a bad argument.

The number 1 defense in the NFL usually is good enough to get you into the playoffs. That's all I'm expecting in the near future. After missing the playoffs for 15 years, I'm not going to be upset if we have the #1 defense and make the playoffs next year. If that makes you upset, then your expectations are too high. The team can figure out how to get to the Superbowl after figuring out how to make the playoffs.

If getting Kaepernick means we won't be able to keep Dareus, then I don't want Kaepernick. I also don't want Kaepernick because I think he sucks, but that's just like, my opinion, man.

What does the Law of Diminishing Returns say about an NFL defense losing a cornerstone of its system? I must've missed that day.

better days
06-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Not getting Kaep because he's too expensive and clearly regressing is the the argument. And regressed with Roman as his OC.

I read that Roman had to dial back his offense because Kaepernick couldn't grasp it.

swiper
06-15-2015, 04:45 PM
I read that Roman had to dial back his offense because Kaepernick couldn't grasp it.

I hadn't heard that. Roman got criticism last year for the regression of the offense. I am not a fan of Rex, but am curious to see what Roman brings to the Bills. Is he the guy that got criticized in SF in 2014? Or is he the guy that was successful there in previous years? Is his offense really that of ground and pound in an era of pass, pass, pass? Can he make that work? The Buffalo fans would love that. But most of all, I will be watching to see if he can bring the personnel he has together to improve the o-line. All the RBs, (best witnessed by how FJax has done) over the past 5 years came and went by the quality of the o-line. FJax got no decent blocking last year. That's why certain posters are insisting he's done. I guarantee you - he's not. I want to see McCoy get 7 or 8 yards on 1st & 2nd down, then watch Fred counter for the rest on 3rd.

better days
06-16-2015, 07:23 AM
I hadn't heard that. Roman got criticism last year for the regression of the offense. I am not a fan of Rex, but am curious to see what Roman brings to the Bills. Is he the guy that got criticized in SF in 2014? Or is he the guy that was successful there in previous years? Is his offense really that of ground and pound in an era of pass, pass, pass? Can he make that work? The Buffalo fans would love that. But most of all, I will be watching to see if he can bring the personnel he has together to improve the o-line. All the RBs, (best witnessed by how FJax has done) over the past 5 years came and went by the quality of the o-line. FJax got no decent blocking last year. That's why certain posters are insisting he's done. I guarantee you - he's not. I want to see McCoy get 7 or 8 yards on 1st & 2nd down, then watch Fred counter for the rest on 3rd.

I read some articles about the 49ers after Roman was hired.

Two things I read were that Roman had to dial back his playbook because Kaepernick was not grasping it completely.

The 2nd thing is it was speculated that Harbaugh stuck his nose in Romans offense much like Marrone stuck his nose in the Bills OL.

I agree with you that much of the problem on the Bills last year was OL play & I blame Marrone for much of that due to his refusing to play Urbik until game 9 along with poor coaching of the OL as well as poor coaching of the QB.

I expect much better play from the OL this year.

And Roman took a lot of heat in San Francisco last year for the 49ers regression.

The GM's daughter told him to take a hike on twitter.

You can bet Roman will want to prove he was not the problem on the 49ers last year.

And Bills offensive players have been calling Romans offense a "real NFL offense" in OTA's, commenting about all the movement & disguises the offense has already started using.

JoeMama
06-17-2015, 05:43 AM
Kap sucks.

No thanks, but I'll take a QB who can hit the broad side of a barn every once in a while.

Whoever that may be (hint: he's not a Bill right now).

better days
06-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Kap sucks.

No thanks, but I'll take a QB who can hit the broad side of a barn every once in a while.

Whoever that may be (hint: he's not a Bill right now).

OK, who is this mythical QB that the Bills can acquire that can hit the broad side of a barn?

JoeMama
06-17-2015, 08:36 AM
OK, who is this mythical QB that the Bills can acquire that can hit the broad side of a barn?

We don't have that guy.

That's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a heavy dose of McCoy and a dominant D can lead us to the playoffs.

I've already written off all our QBs and I have a feeling I won't be eating crow over it anytime soon.

better days
06-17-2015, 09:03 AM
We don't have that guy.

That's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a heavy dose of McCoy and a dominant D can lead us to the playoffs.

I've already written off all our QBs and I have a feeling I won't be eating crow over it anytime soon.

I agree, the Bills will go as far as McCoy & the running game carry them.

But IMO, with the defense the Bills have, the most important thing the QB has to do is limit turnovers.

MillsapsBillsFan
06-17-2015, 09:11 AM

You might be right if we had defensive players that were severly overpaid like Kap is, but we dont (maybe mario, but with his production I wouldnt consider him grossly overpaid). Kap is NOT an elite QB, he is a slightly above average QB that has regressed greatly in the same exact offensive system he would be playing in now. Teams know how to stop Kap, theres a blueprint out there for every team. Kap is not going to be worth losing an elite defensive player for.

Getting Kap would cost us at least one elite player (dareus) for a player who has gotten continually worse in his time in the league. I've said it multiple times, you dont ever get rid of an elite lineman (on either side of the line) in their prime. Ever.

JoeMama
06-17-2015, 09:14 AM

BOOM you lose.

I have an Econ degree. You best believe they didn't let me walk on stage and collect my degree without knowing that crackerjack.

Mace
06-17-2015, 05:45 PM
BOOM you lose.

I have an Econ degree. You best believe they didn't let me walk on stage and collect my degree without knowing that crackerjack.

Depends, Mama, I have a number of degrees in fields I have no clue about, because I paid people to do my work, blackmailed, bribed, cheated, strongarmed, etc.

Sometimes I was even on stage to collect other peoples degrees. I was confronted about it once on stage, and produced papers proving I ran the college, was head of every department, and was in fact the person confronting me, as well as the person meant to receive the degree, who was very upset as the police dragged him away, as I proved to the police also that I was in addition the commissioner at the time.

Be that as it may however, Harbaugh has a large hand in San Fran's offense, and Roman next to none in their passing offense via this : http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_27306567/kawakami-blaming-greg-roman-is-pure-49ers-folly

It's worth a read.