PDA

View Full Version : QB Reports Mean NOTHING At Present

Night Train
06-11-2015, 04:59 PM
I understand the hope is to get average play out of one of these guys. They are a bridge until the 2016 draft, when some actual talent will be available. Wasn't going to happen in this recent draft.

They haven't even had a normal practice with pads yet and it will be mid-August before they have any idea who is starting. That's 2 months away.

Whoever can complete short to medium passes will win the job. They will run the ball a lot and play good D.

I get it.

24/7 NFL news this time of year is 99 % filler for reporters justifying a paycheck.

Go outside, plant a garden and have a drink.

SpikedLemonade
06-11-2015, 05:00 PM
Even better, do like I do and plant plenty of mint a while ago so come July you are drinking fresh mojitos out of the garden.

Meathead
06-11-2015, 05:28 PM
or weed

Night Train
06-11-2015, 06:07 PM
or weed

Then Taylor will start looking good ?

Joe Fo Sho
06-11-2015, 06:21 PM
Except for that Jets report about the 5 interceptions. That **** is devastating this time of year.

Albany,n.y.
06-11-2015, 06:24 PM
It's too hot, I'm allergic to the garden & I don't drink.

Thurmal
06-11-2015, 06:35 PM
DUDE, EJ Manuel hit a 35-yard BOMB to an uncovered Percy Harvin for a TD in practice two Thursdays ago. If you don't think that gives him the edge in the competition to start 100 days from now, I don't know what to tell you.

YardRat
06-11-2015, 06:58 PM
Than any and all reports mean nothing at the present.

Night Train
06-12-2015, 09:05 AM

Agreed.

Outside of Kate Upton accepting my Friends request on Facebook.

ParanoidAndroid
06-13-2015, 08:31 AM
Should we tank for Connor Cook, Cardale Jones or Christian Hackenberg? j/k

chernobylwraiths
06-13-2015, 09:02 AM

Then?

feldspar
06-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Then?

Do you really need to be THAT guy?

OpIv37
06-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Every year people say off-season and/or preseason reports mean nothing.

But then the same guys who suck during off-season and preseason suck during the regular season.

Funny how that works.

JoeMama
06-13-2015, 01:52 PM
I understand the hope is to get average play out of one of these guys. They are a bridge until the 2016 draft, when some actual talent will be available. Wasn't going to happen in this recent draft.

They haven't even had a normal practice with pads yet and it will be mid-August before they have any idea who is starting. That's 2 months away.

Whoever can complete short to medium passes will win the job. They will run the ball a lot and play good D.

I get it.

24/7 NFL news this time of year is 99 % filler for reporters justifying a paycheck.

Go outside, plant a garden and have a drink.

Sad thing is, none of the guys currently on the roster are fit to carry Kyle Orton's jock strap.

Orton was above average enough to take a team with a good defense and get them above .500 -- which isn't saying much.

But I don't think any of the QBs on the roster today are even capable of 9-7.

Manuel, Cassel, Taylor, and Simms don't even belong on a CFL roster, let alone an NFL roster. They're all pathetic.

We have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL, hands down.

Except maybe the Jets.

feldspar
06-13-2015, 02:17 PM

But then the same guys who suck during off-season and preseason suck during the regular season.

Funny how that works.

What do you think about John Miller's reports this so far this off-season?

Oh yeah, they are positive so we have no reason to believe them. Funny how that works.

JoeMama
06-13-2015, 02:31 PM

Deep down, nobody wants to be THAT guy.

swiper
06-13-2015, 02:37 PM
QB Reports Mean NOTHING At Present

Ummm... we know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

Outside of Kate Upton accepting my Friends request on Facebook.

Let us know how that turns out.

OpIv37
06-13-2015, 03:46 PM
What do you think about John Miller's reports this so far this off-season?

Oh yeah, they are positive so we have no reason to believe them. Funny how that works.

Already discussed that. Every year, there is at least one player who gets accolades this time of year then either doesn't make the team or becomes a bit player. And I'm tired of the hypocrisy of people who get all giddy about Miller the. Blow off reports about bad QB play because "it's just OTA's."

And before you try to accuse me of doing the same thing in reverse, reports of players sucking in OTA's then magically doing well in the regular season are far,far fewer than players who do well in shorts but suck in pads.

better days
06-15-2015, 07:53 AM
Sad thing is, none of the guys currently on the roster are fit to carry Kyle Orton's jock strap.

Orton was above average enough to take a team with a good defense and get them above .500 -- which isn't saying much.

But I don't think any of the QBs on the roster today are even capable of 9-7.

Manuel, Cassel, Taylor, and Simms don't even belong on a CFL roster, let alone an NFL roster. They're all pathetic.

We have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL, hands down.

Except maybe the Jets.

Well, I say whoever is at QB, & I don't care who it is, the Bills will finish at least 10-6.

And Orton SUCKS!

chernobylwraiths
06-15-2015, 10:46 AM

Somebody has to.

and he thanked me for it!

feldspar
06-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Somebody has to.

and he thanked me for it!

Can you identify the grammatical errors in your own post here?

What could be more interesting and worthwhile?

chernobylwraiths
06-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Can you identify the grammatical errors in your own post here?

What could be more interesting and worthwhile?

I apologize for having a little fun with yardrat, I didn't know you were his mommy Mrs. wetblanket.

Joe Fo Sho
06-15-2015, 12:39 PM
I apologize for having a little fun with yardrat, I didn't know you were his mommy Mrs. wetblanket.

*Mrs. Wetblanket

chernobylwraiths
06-15-2015, 12:50 PM
*Mrs. Wetblanket

haha, I'm too lazy to use capitals a lot.

feldspar
06-15-2015, 01:56 PM

Apology excepted.

chernobylwraiths
06-15-2015, 08:21 PM
see, I won't even say anything about that

And, it IS the offseason and anybody making decisions about guys playing in shorts and t-shirts regarding who is going to start isn't really doing a very good job.

Night Train
06-16-2015, 03:39 AM
see, I won't even say anything about that

And, it IS the offseason and anybody making decisions about guys playing in shorts and t-shirts regarding who is going to start isn't really doing a very good job.

Unless it's negative. Then it's proof they suck.

X-Era
06-16-2015, 04:10 AM
:clap:

jimmifli
06-16-2015, 02:17 PM

Funny how that works.

And when you point that out the only response back is essentially:

http://i.imgur.com/dgH8ht8.gif

swiper
06-17-2015, 06:35 AM
Almost like it was custom made

Night Train
06-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Bring on camp. This OTA stuff is getting down the playbook.

Mr. Pink
06-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Yes. And then camp will start and none of that will matter either. And then it will be preseason and none of that will matter. Except when guys do something good or abuse other 2nd and 3rd stringers then they will be a prime breakout candidate.

Same old stuff year after year.

swiper
06-17-2015, 12:26 PM
Bring on camp. This OTA stuff is getting down the playbook.

It will come. Go play golf. Or whatever avocation you all enjoy over the summer. Camp will before here before you can believe it. You said it yourself.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2015, 06:14 AM
I guess Wednesday that in 11 on 11 drills 4 passes were completed out of 22 with all 3 QBs getting reps.

Essentially they all sucked.

I'm hoping after we all "enjoy" our time off that when we come back the Bills will have picked up another QB.

swiper
06-18-2015, 11:22 AM
So according to this thread, the fact that Manuel lit it up on the last day of minicamp is meaningless. Thank goodness for that.

MillsapsBillsFan
06-18-2015, 11:25 AM
So according to this thread, the fact that Manuel lit it up on the last day of minicamp is meaningless. Thank goodness for that.

Probably wouldnt be meaningless if Tyrod Taylor did it. But since everyone is convinced that EJ sucks it means nothing

Night Train
06-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Still don't know a damn thing about our QB's. The reports mean little.

Camp and pre-season, when WE CAN SEE THEM OURSELVES.

OpIv37
06-18-2015, 11:24 PM
And when you point that out the only response back is essentially:

http://i.imgur.com/dgH8ht8.gif

I don't understand what this means.

I pointed out reality. Players that suck in off-season rarely, if ever, become productive once the game counts. And that's especially true of highly skilled positions like QB. The truth is that the chances of us having a viable QB when the season starts are slim to none. Homers want to dismiss the QB struggles because it's "too soon," but that's not realistic. They aren't going to get any better in 3 months.