PDA

View Full Version : "Bills' EJ Manuel beating out Cassel and Taylor during OTAs"

Yasgur's Farm
06-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Have fun boys and girls...
http://buffalo.suntimes.com/buffalo-bills/7/116/142765/bills-ej-manuel-beating-cassel-taylor-otas

sudzy
06-12-2015, 06:16 PM
BREAKING NEWS:Bills have NO QBs.

WagonCircler
06-12-2015, 06:43 PM
The Buffalo Sun Times?

W.
T.
F.?

YardRat
06-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Meathead is counting his billions as we speak.

BillsImpossible
06-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Title of the thread should say, "Bills' EJ Manuel beating out Cassel during OTAs."

Tyrod Taylor was never mentioned in the articles. He was practicing with the 2's that day.

The practices that are closed to the media vs. the practices that are open to the media.

Taylor gets reps with the first team, and the practice is closed to the media.

Manuel and Cassel get reps with the first team and the practices are open to the media.

Rex Ryan goes on record today saying the QB competition could last all the way up until Week 1.

Here's my guess - Rex Ryan met with every media person that covers the Bills locally in a small room that was dark and smelled like a cigar.

"Don't give away my guy, guys. Let me string this out as long as possible. I need your help. Send false smoke signals, do whatever you can to help me disguise who's going to be starting on day 1."

The people that cover the Bills for a living are all on board, imho. They know where their bread is being buttered.

BillsImpossible
06-12-2015, 06:56 PM
The Buffalo Sun Times?

W.
T.
F.?

"According to NJ.com," that links to an article from syracuse.com

I think Trevor Conley was totally bombed when he wrote it.

BillsImpossible
06-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Why do I feel like I'm watching an episode of Jersey Shore right now?

Meathead
06-13-2015, 03:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/J9CwU.jpg

swiper
06-13-2015, 04:42 AM
The Buffalo Sun Times?

W.
T.
F.?

Not only did he have to look everywhere for such title, scroll down and see the Mathis story underneath. Both stories are untrue.

HHURRICANE
06-13-2015, 05:36 AM
No offense, and I know that Meathead and I are on opposite poles when it comes to QB, but this article basically said EJ sucked less.

I have no problem eating crow if EJ lights up the field but him winning the job in a "who sucks the least contest"'won't be good.

As a side note....Cassel will still win the job.

HHURRICANE
06-13-2015, 05:40 AM
Here's my guess - Rex Ryan met with every media person that covers the Bills locally in a small room that was dark and smelled like a cigar.

"Don't give away my guy, guys. Let me string this out as long as possible. I need your help. Send false smoke signals, do whatever you can to help me disguise who's going to be starting on day 1."

The people that cover the Bills for a living are all on board, imho. They know where their bread is being buttered.

It happens just like this. The bar is next to Area 51.

better days
06-13-2015, 09:43 AM
No offense, and I know that Meathead and I are on opposite poles when it comes to QB, but this article basically said EJ sucked less.

I have no problem eating crow if EJ lights up the field but him winning the job in a "who sucks the least contest"'won't be good.

Well, it won't be good if Cassel wins the "who sucks least contest" either.

At least EJ is young & could still develop.

Cassel could blossom late in his career like Rich Gannon, but even if he does, he has a limited shelf life.

And on a side note, I just read that the Bills Coaching staff is of the opinion that EJ received no real Coaching to help him develop from Marrone & his staff.

The same thing I & others have been saying on this board.

djjimkelly
06-13-2015, 10:03 AM
i just dont get what im reading

our first rounder from 2 years ago looks the best

and people are angry.

but i guess we live in a world where caitlin jenner is news so why am i surprised

Meathead
06-13-2015, 10:08 AM
be honest. youd hit that

Meathead
06-13-2015, 10:12 AM
seriously, none of this has any significance. it could all change next week/practice/update

but ejs still gonna start the opener. at 1:00:01 i take my scrooge mcduck money dive

swiper
06-13-2015, 10:40 AM
EJs not starting. You've earned you're name meathead.

WagonCircler
06-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Confirming reports that a retraction has made posted in the Chicago Courier Express.

kishoph
06-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Why do I feel like I'm watching an episode of Jersey Shore right now?

After reading some of your post, I feel like you should be on an episode of Jersey Shore.

BillsImpossible
06-13-2015, 05:58 PM

Matt Cassel is Alex Smith incarnate with a different arm.

He's going to win the 3rd string backup job and rake in millions.

JoeMama
06-13-2015, 07:22 PM
EJ Manuel couldn't hit the broad side of a barn even if his life was on the line.

He's hopeless, I've already written him off.

It's all about how Cassel and Taylor do for me. But I'm not expecting much.

We have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL -- sans maybe the Jets or the Vikings.

I wish Kyle Orton didn't skip into the sunset with his cool 5mil because we need an average QB right now.

And as it stands, we don't have one. None of these losers are worth a fart in the wind.

Mace
06-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Interesting Manuel point via Carucci....from http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/06/12/bills-mailbag-by-vic-caruccilack-of-cap-puts-a-dent-in-spending/

Gerald Volpe says: “Is there any validity to the argument that EJ Manuel’s development was stymied by the Doug Marrone coaching staff? Wide-eyed rookie in 2013. Put him in as a starter and run a high-speed, no-huddle attack. I remember hearing Nathaniel Hackett, Marrone’s OC, saying, “We have to go faster.” Plus, having no QB coach the first year & being told to play it safe, both with his passing and running.”

I say: There is plenty of validity to that.

From what I’ve heard from the current Bills coaching staff, Manuel has gotten minimal technical/mechanical guidance since arriving in Buffalo as a first-round draft pick. The opinion of the current coaches is that he pretty much has been on his own the past two years in developing his game. And that has been reflected in his performance through offseason workouts.

Doesn't mean he wakes up whoever is the second-coming of the day, but I always thought the same and that he needs another shot with guidance. Not sure he isn't doomed with David Lee as guidance though either.

swiper
06-14-2015, 04:25 AM
But the current coaches include David Lee - who has proven he is an awful QB coach in each of his last two stops. So who cares what the current coaching staff says?

JoeMama
06-14-2015, 10:10 AM
But the current coaches include David Lee - who has proven he is an awful QB coach in each of his last two stops. So who cares what the current coaching staff says?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swiper again."

Bill Cody
06-15-2015, 09:52 AM
So funny....anyone writes anything that even has the whiff of being semi positive about EJ and out come the EJ haters like roaches. These turds are so invested in their "position" that if EJ starts they will post 50% more on games he blows than on games he plays well, rooting for failure...so dumb

trapezeus
06-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Marrone was more interested in being st marrone than creating a team. he was happy to get to 9-7 and the ne road win, more than setting up to develop the next year's team. so it makes sense to me that EJ was just left alone on an island.

Ej was a project pick. he wasn't supposed to be a day 1 superstar like luck or manning.

the haters will hate. but i always though ej's short comings are maddening and if they don't improve, he isnt the guy. but he's had good games. more so than losman and edwards after the head injury. and the fan base was more on board with supporting those two at the time. so i am confused why a guy who has played 14 games is viewed as a bust. there were losman fans after 3 years of doing the exact same thing. same with edwards.

EDS
06-15-2015, 11:41 AM
EJ Manuel couldn't hit the broad side of a barn even if his life was on the line.

We have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL -- sans maybe the Jets or the Vikings.

I wish Kyle Orton didn't skip into the sunset with his cool 5mil because we need an average QB right now.

And as it stands, we don't have one. None of these losers are worth a fart in the wind.

I would trade all three of the Bills QBs for Bridgewater.

better days
06-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Marrone was more interested in being st marrone than creating a team. he was happy to get to 9-7 and the ne road win, more than setting up to develop the next year's team. so it makes sense to me that EJ was just left alone on an island.

Ej was a project pick. he wasn't supposed to be a day 1 superstar like luck or manning.

the haters will hate. but i always though ej's short comings are maddening and if they don't improve, he isnt the guy. but he's had good games. more so than losman and edwards after the head injury. and the fan base was more on board with supporting those two at the time. so i am confused why a guy who has played 14 games is viewed as a bust. there were losman fans after 3 years of doing the exact same thing. same with edwards.

I heard a guy call into the John Murphy show the other day that compared EJ to HOF QB Terry Bradshaw.

Like EJ, Terry was a first rnd pick & his career like EJ, started off slow.

Bradshaw was the 3rd QB on the Steelers behind Terry Hanratty & Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam for a while before getting his career on track & becoming a HOF QB on a team with a GREAT Defense like the Bills Defense today.

better days
06-15-2015, 01:52 PM
So funny....anyone writes anything that even has the whiff of being semi positive about EJ and out come the EJ haters like roaches. These turds are so invested in their "position" that if EJ starts they will post 50% more on games he blows than on games he plays well, rooting for failure...so dumb

EJ has started all of 14 games for the Bills.

The way his HATERS talk about him, you would think his record is 0-14.

WagonCircler
06-15-2015, 02:35 PM
I heard a guy call into the John Murphy show the other day that compared EJ to HOF QB Terry Bradshaw.

Like EJ, Terry was a first rnd pick & his career like EJ, started off slow.

Bradshaw was the 3rd QB on the Steelers behind Terry Hanratty & Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam for a while before getting his career on track & becoming a HOF QB on a team with a GREAT Defense like the Bills Defense today.

If I had three months with nothing better to do, I'd formulate a list of first round picks whose careers started out slow and who sucked into perpetuity.

trapezeus
06-16-2015, 07:20 AM
well the answer is somewhere between Bradshaw and sucking for perpetuity.

i think seeing EJ as a hall of famer is a hard sell at this point. but one thing that i like about him that i didn't like with losman and edwards is his ability to carry himself well when he isn't playing well. he can have 3 bad drives and the 4th one can be better. with edwards and losman, if they struggled, they moped and the whole team went down with them.

That's why i don't think he'll be a tragic bust. i think he just won't be good enough if he doesn't fix the accuracy issues. and accuracy to me is like arm strength. you have it or you don't.

i also think there is some upside to him. specifically with what the bills are trying to do. i think his good games have shown an ability to hit the 5-15 yard pass consistently in a game. and if you are limiting him to 15-25 passes and have a run game where they only need to have a decent intermediary game? then i think that's where EJ's chance of developing comes in.

When you put him into a situation where he needs to hit the long ball to open up the run game, you are begging him to fail. and that's what has happened in the first 4 games. and he still got to 2-2.

Unless there is something behind the scenes where players really just don't want him, i think he will start and has the best chance of the 3

better days
06-16-2015, 07:33 AM
well the answer is somewhere between Bradshaw and sucking for perpetuity.

i think seeing EJ as a hall of famer is a hard sell at this point. but one thing that i like about him that i didn't like with losman and edwards is his ability to carry himself well when he isn't playing well. he can have 3 bad drives and the 4th one can be better. with edwards and losman, if they struggled, they moped and the whole team went down with them.

That's why i don't think he'll be a tragic bust. i think he just won't be good enough if he doesn't fix the accuracy issues. and accuracy to me is like arm strength. you have it or you don't.

i also think there is some upside to him. specifically with what the bills are trying to do. i think his good games have shown an ability to hit the 5-15 yard pass consistently in a game. and if you are limiting him to 15-25 passes and have a run game where they only need to have a decent intermediary game? then i think that's where EJ's chance of developing comes in.

When you put him into a situation where he needs to hit the long ball to open up the run game, you are begging him to fail. and that's what has happened in the first 4 games. and he still got to 2-2.

Unless there is something behind the scenes where players really just don't want him, i think he will start and has the best chance of the 3

I think the World would be shocked if EJ becomes a HOF player like Bradshaw.

But for all except the Haters, if you look at EJ's highlights on Youtube, you can see reason for hope in those highlights that EJ can become a good enough QB to win with a GREAT Bills defense.

Yasgur's Farm
06-16-2015, 10:08 AM
FYI... The Bills Dennis Shaw beat out Terry Bradshaw for rookie of the year.

Victor7
06-16-2015, 10:13 AM

Orton retired pre Rex Ryan

I wonder if he could be talked back now that Rex and the new staff are here.

better days
06-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Orton retired pre Rex Ryan

I wonder if he could be talked back now that Rex and the new staff are here.

GOD please NO.

Orton SUCKS. I don't want to see another minute of him in a Bills uniform.

Meathead
06-16-2015, 11:10 AM
why would you bother with orton when cassel is on the roster? theyre basically the same guy - good enough to start but not good enough to stay anywhere. aka veteran insurance

WagonCircler
06-16-2015, 12:53 PM
why would you bother with orton when cassel is on the roster? theyre basically the same guy - good enough to start but not good enough to stay anywhere. aka veteran insurance

And yet, both better than EJ will ever be.

better days
06-16-2015, 01:34 PM
And yet, both better than EJ will ever be.

We will see.

If you are right, Cassel will be the starting QB.

Or maybe it will be Taylor?

I don't care who it is, I just don't want a QB that slides short of the first down late in the game like Orton.

Victor7
06-16-2015, 04:07 PM
GOD please NO.

Orton SUCKS. I don't want to see another minute of him in a Bills uniform.

He' better (less sucky?) than all the current guys.

Victor7
06-16-2015, 04:09 PM

I think Orton is slightly better. Better leader and reads D's better IMO. But yeah I mean if Cassell can achieve Orton like levels we should be in the post season come January.

That's one big "if" though

- - - Updated - - -

We will see.

If you are right, Cassel will be the starting QB.

Or maybe it will be Taylor?

I don't care who it is, I just don't want a QB that slides short of the first down late in the game like Orton.

That was extremely pathetic and infuriating I gotta say. But other than that Orton did well for us given his limitations.