• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Grigs back to Russia to play for KHL?

The Buffalo Sabres are waiting on Mikhail Grigorenko to make a decision on his playing future, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie.

The former 12th-overall selection and soon-to-be restricted free agent is said to be mulling a return to his native Russia, and signing a more lucrative contract in the KHL.

McKenzie notes that the Sabres are unwilling to offer Grigorenko a one-way contract.
    The Buffalo Sabres are waiting on Mikhail Grigorenko to make a decision on his playing future, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie. The former 12th-overall selection and soon-to-be restricted free agent is said to be mulling a return to his native Russia, and signing a more lucrative contract in the KHL.He skated in 68 games during his entry-level term, scoring a total of six goals and 14 points. McKenzie notes that the Sabres are unwilling to offer Grigorenko a one-way contract.
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: Grigs back to Russia to play for KHL?

would not shock me at all. the way the sabres mishandled grigo under darcy is a crime. i also cant fault a guy for wanting to play back home. datsyuks been talking about it for several years now. russian guys want to go home.

that said, it goes directly against his previous comments and actions, so i was a little caught off guard when i read this earlier.

but it also could be a bunk report, as mckenzie points out. he was trying to find how the validity of the report. could be nothing, could be something. we will have to wait and see.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Oh my GOD!!! The Sabres will lose the possible future potential of this player. That is the sole reason for JAM's existence.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

lol

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

He has never impressed me. Has "underachiever" written all over him.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

theres speculation that IF grigo goes back, any chance of a buy out for CoHo is out the window.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Let him go back to Russia.. Accept he was a bad pick and move on

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                obviously, i completely disagree. but i digress. ive made my case. it is what it is.
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Any chance this is Grigs pressuring the Sabres to move him.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    Any chance this is Grigs pressuring the Sabres to move him.
                    Possibly.. And the Sabres wont get much back

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Possibly.. And the Sabres wont get much back
                      probably not too much. but youd have to imagine their are teams that would want a young, highly skilled center. and would pay.

problem i see is people are blinded by his play as an 18 and 19, before he was sent back to juniors. if you look at the body of work without those two years, no one bats an eye at grigo. hes just a kid who needs time. but because he was mishandled, people are blinded by the total amount of games played, and think his time is running out. all before he was even legally able to drink here in the states.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

You offend JAM when you suggest that any pick by the Sabres was a bad pick. Focus not on the actual player but on the potential.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                          You offend JAM when you suggest that any pick by the Sabres was a bad pick. Focus not on the actual player but on the potential.
                          yeah, we should have players like pasternak, who broadcast their affinity for hookers on social media sites.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                            probably not too much. but youd have to imagine their are teams that would want a young, highly skilled center. and would pay.

problem i see is people are blinded by his play as an 18 and 19, before he was sent back to juniors. if you look at the body of work without those two years, no one bats an eye at grigo. hes just a kid who needs time. but because he was mishandled, people are blinded by the total amount of games played, and think his time is running out. all before he was even legally able to drink here in the states.
                            Matthew Kollar watches every Amerks game and while Grigo did ok? Reasonably good in Rochester? Kollar claims Grigo just left him wanting more... And if grigo is not getting his points
                            what is he contributing? Because at least with Reinhart he is always good defensively... If he goes back to Russia I wont shed tears.. if he stays hopefully he gets moved to wing and Reinhart and/or Eichel can elevate his game somewhat

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Matthew Kollar watches every Amerks game and while Grigo did ok? Reasonably good in Rochester? Kollar claims Grigo just left him wanting more... And if grigo is not getting his points
                              what is he contributing? Because at least with Reinhart he is always good defensively... If he goes back to Russia I wont shed tears.. if he stays hopefully he gets moved to wing and Reinhart and/or Eichel can elevate his game somewhat
                              I don't mind that. Much, but id hate to see the sabres give up on the 12th pick after one full pro season at the tender age of 21. I'm a patient guy, so I hate giving up on guys so quick, especially when he actually showed up his last stint.

But, if he goes, he goes. Not much I can do about it, I viewed him as a supplement to the wealth of youth we have. Not necessarily part of the core.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                              X